• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Those Who Favor Brawl, Let's Finally Admit It...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
Touche

However, my good sir, we seem to be distracting the main topic of this already ruffled up thread to be more unbound from the twang that is adhesion to any semblance to a conversation. Perhaps we shall set a discourse towards such a fleeting idea as beginning the topic anew? Ha, what glory should be had then!
Oh wait. I remember you! You're the guy who absolutely hates Brawl and wants nothing to do with it! Remember how that one thread was closed? Good times. Good times.
Stop correcting people's grammar. It's not your problem. Unless it is, "I wunt teh utha karaktas two b in teh Brawl!" Then you should. But misspelling the word agathokakological shouldn't be that much of an issue.

And what I had quoted up there, is the most atrocious form of abused word choice I have ever seen. It is profound, a work of art, an unreasonably -
Who cares?
Are you up for flaming? Because guess what? If you do, this thread will be closed very quickly, and you won't be able to flame! SO it is in your best interest not to fuel the flames, right?
Right.
I play Brawl for Lucario. I play Melee for Mewtwo and Link.
That's how I choose.:laugh:

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Brawl looks nicer and has more characters.

Is there ever going to be an end to all this pretension and whining?
however you are a noob at both games... so why are u making such a pointless post... that has little to do with the overall argument... and is general as hell rofl...

brawl has spawned so many noobs.... its unnerving...

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
however you are a noob at both games... so why are u making such a pointless post... that has little to do with the overall argument... and is general as hell rofl...

This is true. An example is that a lot of the noobs are calling Brawl a completely uncompetitive game and that it's only a party game. Sure, Brawl isn't as competitive as Melee is, and it most likely won't ever be, but it's nowhere near uncompetitive. I don't understand why they say this.

Also, I was good with Sheik in Melee. I could play at a competitive level with her. Sadly, Brawl totally ruined her.

NKCell

Smash Cadet

And your posts are redundant.

Hurray for the interwebz which can make you feel better about yourself for being good at a "party game"!

Melee has so many arrogant twits... it's unnerving...

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
And your posts are redundant.

Hurray for the interwebz which can make you feel better about yourself for being good at a "party game"!

Melee has so many arrogant twits... it's unnerving...
You're weak. And lame.
---
Kal: He just wins with Snake. It's also apparent in the "Mass Madness" tourneys too. Also, look at FAST1: Again, Cort just wins with Snake.

Snake. Snake. Snake. Also, don't forget DSF.

I may be exaggerating (ever so slightly) here but really, Snake just dominates Brawl.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
the only reason "Brawl fans are noobs" is because Brawl has been out for 1/12 the time melees been out
and dont say "then why are there pros allready" some people have a nak a certain games...

snake prolly won a couple tourneys so everyone makes the stereotype that snake is broken allong with MK but i beat them just fine...
marth
fox
falco
these were the snake and MK of melee...

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yoshi was pretty garbage in melee (althogh I still did decent with him), but he was just begging to get gimped like the entire match.

Brawl they really buffed him up.

Same with ness, that's why i prefer brawl over melee. It's more balanced, and before you throw in snake and MK aren't. yeah they aren't but at least every other character is still at least decent, melee had so many what pros would call "useless" characters.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Wooooow... can I examine my OP for you? It seems as though everyone read just ONE part of the post and took it from there...

I fall in the category of people who favor Brawl over Melee. Why? In terms of direct reasons, it has nothing to do with the physics, the hitstun, the aerials, the characters, etc. There is one simple reason why people who say that Brawl is better than Melee say that, and while many pros have probably already figured it out, I'll be man enough to admit it for most, if not all, of us:

We sucked in Melee. :urg:
There. Are you happy? I said it.
And that seems to be where EVERYONE STOPPED READING. How about we actually finish reading it?

Sure, we may have pulled off some epic victories with our mains. We might have a combo video up on YouTube with a few hundred views. We might have beaten a local pro or two in casual matches. we might have entered a tournament and scored enough victories to earn basic respect. But all in all, there is at least one aspect of Melee that kept us from being that pro that we all secretly wnated to be, whether it be an AT, a character match-up, or even the deeper understanding of how a game works when you take it to the competitive level. You know, we were just playing Melee with out friends until one day, you hear about a tournament with players that are MUCH better than us. We tried to learn, but it was too late to absorb all that info.
Now you see, sucked is a relative word. I was pretty good in Melee. I don't have a combo video (although many no-name Melee players do, some of them quite interesting at that), but I have beaten a few local pros in my aera in casuals (Dash and LogiK, you probably don't know them, but they're pretty **** good players in NYC, LogiK being too local and STILL ACTUALLY PLAYING MELEE, and Dash says he's played all over the world, but I haven't heard from him in a minute. I've beaten them both in casuals (not that a casual proves anything), and they've inspired me to enter a tournament, so I entered a few tourneys with pros in it just to see how I'd do. My first tourney was one of those round-robin things where you had to qualify for a semi-finals bracket because there wasn't too many people at it, and while i didn't qualify for the bracket, I won a decent amount of matches. In another, there were a lot of people, I won a lot of pool matches to qualify for the actually tourney, but lost in the first round. However I made it to the first round, so it's saying something. I sucked in terms of the profession, but I did not suck at the game in general.

But now, Brawl is out, and we're all playing and learning at the same time. Melee doesn't necessarily have a bigger learning curve than Brawl, it's just that everybody is learning this game at the same time. Whatever ATs (or phony ATs) are being discovered, everybody's gonna know because we're all thriving to learn this game and not be left in the dust like we were in Melee. This is one of the reasons why I believe that Brawl is every bit as competitive as Melee because now, there are more competitors to this game that have the same amount of knowledge about it as you do. Yes, Melee and Brawl are games with two very different technical designs, but it still takes skill to play and win in Brawl. The only reason why Melee vets may say otherwise is because they haven't been able to own the new faces of Brawl like they used to in Melee, and the reasons for that are 1) we perfer Brawl while you perfer Melee, and 2) everybody's learning this game at the same time.

But yeah. We sucked in Melee. :ouch:
Now that, you can say what you want about that. I've been reading, and everyone's been saying "Oh, but Brawl isn't deep, lacks ATs, lack a decent fighting game engine, etc." Opinions are opinions, right? Or are they facts?

Mew2King said:
yes, i am saying just that, that brawl IS highly luck compared to melee

trading hits, random air dodge to the ground with no landing lag, random tripping, which can happen during DDD chain grabs, air tripping as well, there's tons more luck in brawl than there is in melee, and far less guaranteed things. You don't anticipate the moves of noobs, they do random things, in melee you just **** them by being better, but if they are a campy noob, they can still do decent by just being a shield camping ***got. Melee has infinite room for improvement, without even needing to play gay. Brawl, if you play gay and boring, you have a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger advantage, and that's extremely boring and ********. Lack of things you can master makes the game less fun with less replay value, which are things melee offered to a huge extreme.

You can do things randomly and not get punished for it nearly as bad as you would in melee, and that's a downgrade for competitive potential, where the best player isn't as guaranteed to win, especially in 3 stock matches. You suicide once it's over, in melee comebacks were easy cuz of death combos and stuff, brawl is more leveled out for the little kiddies, and that's more unfair for the better players. All the advanced tactics aren't hard to do, like shield cancel, it just takes getting used to, and it's extremely shallow, anyone can do it, and it's also really really really campy and that makes the game not fun. Brawl wasn't designed to be competitive, Sakurai did this on purpose, stop trying to make it competitive. Actually, that's what I'm trying to do, but it's not working, so just go back to melee, everyone's fine with that.

I don't want to argue about this, NOTHING anyone says will change or persuade my opinion at ALL unless I convince myself that with my own observations which hasn't even become semi close to happening. I'll play brawl cuz everyone else is, that's the only reason.

Blind predictions are the perfect way to describe the game.
What, do all you pros have this quote in your notepads, or have a link directly to this quote bookmarked in your browser? The game being luck-based is M2K's opinion, and considering the fact that he says Melee is better but plays Brawl and wins in Brawl (the one win of his on YouTube has him using not Snake or MK, but DDD, who's also "broken"? And his MK got beat?), I don't see how this opinion can suddenly be turned into a fact just beca
use he's M2K.

My points are this:
1) Sucked is relative. Did I know enough to win? Yes. Did I know enough to own? Or even rumble with pros consistently? Not at all.
2) Opinions are not facts, don't use them like they are just because they come from the Smash god that you obviously worship.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'll admit that I somewhat agree with you in that I really came in way too late to have a hope at appearing in Melee.

Then Brawl came out, and everyone's back at square one, so I was really hoping to make a fresh start and possibly make a name for myself.

But past that, I'm not sure.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Ok, i will make it easy for you Marko. Yes, those opinions are facts when one truely understands both games... to this point. You don't which is why for the most part your opinions remain opinions. So, to answer your question, yes those opinions are facts... end of discussion. Give brawl 2 or 3 years and most non-noobs will come to the conclusion that most of us already know.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
M2K has a much more credible opinion than anyone else, since he's (arguably) the best smasher in the world at both Melee and Brawl, AND because he has studied both games intensely. Yeah, I'd trust his opinion over my own.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My points are this:
1) Sucked is relative. Did I know enough to win? Yes. Did I know enough to own? Or even rumble with pros consistently? Not at all.
2) Opinions are not facts, don't use them like they are just because they come from the Smash god that you obviously worship.
Oh my God, it's about time someone else said this. Seriously, if I have to read another post where someone quotes Yuna or Gimpyfish about how they feel about Brawl I'll probably puke... Don't even get me started on the people who randomly post Sirlin's "Playing to Win" who probably haven't even read it themselves...

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
To purpose of quoting is for people to read something that a knowledgable smasher has wrote. They are quoted because they have basis and structure, which most of the Brawl noobs lack.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a huge difference between formulating your own opinion and going along with someone simply because they are well known. When it comes to the internet in general, the latter is usually the case. I believe what MarKO X is talking about is the people who simply quote other people and offer little input into why they support it let along formulate questions regarding certain points the original poster had made. It's basically bandwagoning instead of constructive debate.

Mewter

Smash Master
To purpose of quoting is for people to read something that a knowledgable smasher has wrote. They are quoted because they have basis and structure, which most of the Brawl noobs lack.
Knowledgable?
Oh really? I want to see how.
1) Just because they are better at Smash doesn't necessarily mean they are better
a) in other things, which Brawl NOOBS may actually be better at. Swimming, for instance. Or real life wisdom.
b)So anything someone else says doesn't have strutcure?
"Understand me not. Explain can me again you?"
I can speak fluent English. I can formulate Ideas. I can think. I should count too. Not just people with titles, unless they deserve it.
2) Quoting is to emphasize your opinion on what they have wrote. Not to read it. You read it before you quote it, or else it would end up something like this:
Quote:
"I like Melee so much better because of fastfall, better items, Final Destination's size, Wavedash, L cancel, Hidden techs, and some depth which Brawl doesn't really seem to possess."
Oh! What?! I quoted this without reading it! Weird!

Anyways, Melee has been around for at least 7 YEARS. Let's hear it again. 7 years.

Of course people are going to feel more attached to it. But if they rant on and on about how they hate Brawl, it is because- ANd don't deny this. It is true- Brawl wasn't what you wanted it to be. So what? I once ordered blue Icecream to see what it tasted like, and I didn't like it very much. But that doesn't mean I have to throw it away! I appreciated it for what it was:
A blue Ice Cream.

Well, that was a pretty bad example, but you get my point. When I tell people I have been playing Smash as long as it's been out, they don't believe me, beecause I only have 250 or so posts on SWF. Who cares? Does that stop me from trying things out? Playing with my friends, or against other people?

No.

So quit whining about it. Let People play it. Don't discourage them. If it really IS as bad as you say, then people will realize it anyway in due time. I'm probably going to be quoted and flamed at now. Go ahead. Brawl isn't what you wanted it to be. It isn't for me either.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Heres an idea that i havent read, mind you Im not about to sift through 500+ posts. SSBM players have realized theyve wasted the last (up to) 7 years of their life learning the ins and outs of a videogame, roughly the same time it takes a person to enter university and complete a law degree. Now, if I were a lawyer, and had been honing my craft for all those years, Id be pissed if constitution 2.0 were to come out with a new input for OBJECTION or even the lack of any number of minute features. BUT, and this is a HUUUUGE but, MELEE AND BRAWL ARE VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We, by which I mean those who prefer Brawl, generally havent invested these ridiculous amounts of time perfecting a video game, and thats fine by us. And we probably wont do the same with Brawl, because we know that SSB4 is on the horizon. And because we know its a video game. And because some of us have to worry about survival, not the OMG YOU CAN AIRDODGE EDGEGUARDING IS BROKEN way, but the how am I going to put food on the table? way. Id be pissed if I set 7 years of my life aside learning the ins and outs of a video game, to have the sequel be something else. But to ***** about the new game being **** because the last 7 years of your life were just flushed down the toilet? Grow up.

Mewter

Smash Master
Heres an idea that i havent read, mind you Im not about to sift through 500+ posts. SSBM players have realized theyve wasted the last (up to) 7 years of their life learning the ins and outs of a videogame, roughly the same time it takes a person to enter university and complete a law degree. Now, if I were a lawyer, and had been honing my craft for all those years, Id be pissed if constitution 2.0 were to come out with a new input for OBJECTION or even the lack of any number of minute features. BUT, and this is a HUUUUGE but, MELEE AND BRAWL ARE VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We, by which I mean those who prefer Brawl, generally havent invested these ridiculous amounts of time perfecting a video game, and thats fine by us. And we probably wont do the same with Brawl, because we know that SSB4 is on the horizon. And because we know its a video game. And because some of us have to worry about survival, not the OMG YOU CAN AIRDODGE EDGEGUARDING IS BROKEN way, but the how am I going to put food on the table? way. Id be pissed if I set 7 years of my life aside learning the ins and outs of a video game, to have the sequel be something else. But to ***** about the new game being **** because the last 7 years of your life were just flushed down the toilet? Grow up.
I agree with the first half.

Most of us shouldn't take it so seriously. It's just a hobby, right? Right. We have other things to do too. Some of us can't just waste too much TIME on a video game. Sure, we may end up as a little better than average players, but we have other things to do, right? Right.

Point made.

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
the only reason "Brawl fans are noobs" is because Brawl has been out for 1/12 the time melees been out
and dont say "then why are there pros allready" some people have a nak a certain games...

snake prolly won a couple tourneys so everyone makes the stereotype that snake is broken allong with MK but i beat them just fine...
marth
fox
falco
these were the snake and MK of melee...
You forgot
sheik
samus
peach
falcon
jiggs
ice climbers.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Ok, i will make it easy for you Marko. Yes, those opinions are facts when one truely understands both games... to this point. You don't which is why for the most part your opinions remain opinions. So, to answer your question, yes those opinions are facts... end of discussion. Give brawl 2 or 3 years and most non-noobs will come to the conclusion that most of us already know.
So I understand basketball and track-n-field (namely the 200m dash). I'm telling you for a fact that basketball is the better sport.

I also understand how to play Super Mario Kart on the SNES and Mario Kart 64. Clearly, the SNES game is the better game, and that's a fact.

I've studied math and english in high school garnering A's throughout HS in both. Math is factually the better subject.

WTF? people can get away with that dumb s-hit? Like, I seriously OWN HS, english and math in particular because I can write very well and I'm good with numbers. Can I tell YOU that Math is better than English, and you can go around quoting me to claim it's a fact? I THINK NOT!

Also, I can cook. I make can make chicken, and I can make burgers. Even though I'm black, burgers are always better than chicken. That's a fact. Lemme go cook some dinner right now...

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Knowledgable?
Oh really? I want to see how.
1) Just because they are better at Smash doesn't necessarily mean they are better
a) in other things, which Brawl NOOBS may actually be better at. Swimming, for instance. Or real life wisdom.
I said knowledgable smashers. Meaning, people who are knowledgable when it comes to smash.

b)So anything someone else says doesn't have strutcure?
"Understand me not. Explain can me again you?"
I can speak fluent English. I can formulate Ideas. I can think. I should count too. Not just people with titles, unless they deserve it.
No, but veteran smashers are going to hold what a knowledgable smasher says at higher regard than a Brawl noob. That's like saying, "Why should I listen to Bill Gates for computer advice when I can ask Jimmy from across the street?"

See what I'm getting at?

2) Quoting is to emphasize your opinion on what they have wrote. Not to read it. You read it before you quote it, or else it would end up something like this:
Quote:
"I like Melee so much better because of fastfall, better items, Final Destination's size, Wavedash, L cancel, Hidden techs, and some depth which Brawl doesn't really seem to possess."
Oh! What?! I quoted this without reading it! Weird!
It can go both ways.

Anyways, Melee has been around for at least 7 YEARS. Let's hear it again. 7 years.

Of course people are going to feel more attached to it. But if they rant on and on about how they hate Brawl, it is because- ANd don't deny this. It is true- Brawl wasn't what you wanted it to be. So what? I once ordered blue Icecream to see what it tasted like, and I didn't like it very much. But that doesn't mean I have to throw it away! I appreciated it for what it was:
A blue Ice Cream.

Well, that was a pretty bad example, but you get my point. When I tell people I have been playing Smash as long as it's been out, they don't believe me, beecause I only have 250 or so posts on SWF. Who cares? Does that stop me from trying things out? Playing with my friends, or against other people?

No.

So quit whining about it. Let People play it. Don't discourage them. If it really IS as bad as you say, then people will realize it anyway in due time. I'm probably going to be quoted and flamed at now. Go ahead. Brawl isn't what you wanted it to be. It isn't for me either.
Look, you're talking to the wrong guy. I'm not here to discourage people from playing Brawl. I'm combat noobs who have ridiculous reasons to say that Brawl > Melee (competitively). As long as people are ignorant in such, I'm going to be here spelling out the truth.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
So I understand basketball and track-n-field (namely the 200m dash). I'm telling you for a fact that basketball is the better sport.

I also understand how to play Super Mario Kart on the SNES and Mario Kart 64. Clearly, the SNES game is the better game, and that's a fact.

I've studied math and english in high school garnering A's throughout HS in both. Math is factually the better subject.

WTF? people can get away with that dumb s-hit? Like, I seriously OWN HS, english and math in particular because I can write very well and I'm good with numbers. Can I tell YOU that Math is better than English, and you can go around quoting me to claim it's a fact? I THINK NOT!

Also, I can cook. I make can make chicken, and I can make burgers. Even though I'm black, burgers are always better than chicken. That's a fact. Lemme go cook some dinner right now...
Why did you waste your time with this useless post.. We are comparing 2 SMASH games. That means that we are deciding which is the BEST in the series. By looking at the reasons and the majority opinion we come to such conclusions as have been stated before.... melee > brawl. There is no other way to put it. Mabye if by some miracle brawl becomes a good game then such perceptions will change. Until then there is no comparison.... none at all. Now for the last time... if you were not pro at melee and are not a top placer in brawl tournies... dont even attempt to fathom that your opinion on the subject matters... because you are simply not qualified.... gg.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
For the love of crap, SOMEBODY make a friggin' official Brawl vs. Melee threads so all the Brawl noobs and Melee elitists can pointlessly argue in circles there and not clog up the rest of the GBD. I'm tired of reading this crap every other thread.
I <3 you.

Can we do this? Can we, please?

No, seriously, can we?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Why did you waste your time with this useless post.. We are comparing 2 SMASH games. That means that we are deciding which is the BEST in the series. By looking at the reasons and the majority opinion we come to such conclusions as have been stated before.... melee > brawl. There is no other way to put it. Mabye if by some miracle brawl becomes a good game then such perceptions will change. Until then there is no comparison.... none at all. Now for the last time... if you were not pro at melee and are not a top placer in brawl tournies... dont even attempt to fathom that your opinion on the subject matters... because you are simply not qualified.... gg.

agreed.

also, marko's point made no sense and just brought about a whole bunch of random crap to try and prove his argument but ended up failing miserably.

also, marko's sig should be deleted by a mod due to lack of intelligence and credibility

marko - gg, get your affairs in order: you just got vorheesed

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sooooo... nobody here understands analogies... and I fail.

*pause* LMAO!!!

*controls self* Okay, let me try to do this a little slower.
My point here is that opinions can't be facts just because someone says so. You take M2K, he says that in his opinion, Brawl generally sucks. (you can check the quote). M2K is good at both Melee and Brawl, and thus his opinions can be held as fact.

Okaaaaay, so I'm MarKO X. I had the 12th highest GPA in my HS out of 471 students (94.3). I did well in math and I did well in english. I can tell you that the best subject in high school is math because the answers are absolute, rather than in English, where you have multiple choice answers about the message the author was trying to convey, when in reality, your own perception of the piece of literature can alter what message you think the author was trying to convey. So thus, math is the better subject. That's a fact.

In short, M2K is good at Melee and Brawl, says Melee > Brawl, and it's taken as a fact.
Soooo, MarKO X is good at Math and English, and says Math > English. Can you take that as a fact?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Nobody said that"Melee > Brawl because M2K said it" is a fact.

However, his experience and knowledge of BOTH games makes his opinion more credible than your (or any brawl noob for that matter)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Why does everyone think those who like Brawl more must have never played Melee?

I promise, it's possible to have played both games thoroughly and still like Brawl more.

Ah, well. This debate is hopeless. *gives up / throws in the towel / disconnects / whatever*

I'm-a go play 64. I liked it when Kirby was top tier...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Nobody said that"Melee > Brawl because M2K said it" is a fact.

However, his experience and knowledge of BOTH games makes his opinion more credible than your (or any brawl noob for that matter)
REALLY???

Well... I think I rest my case. I may not be a "Smash Master," but at least I have knowledge and skills that are necessary for real life.

I'm gonna give this whole Brawl vs. Melee thing a rest for now... I'm actually gonna go play it. (Brawl, that is.)

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
SirKibble, it's not a matter of whether or not they played the game, it's whether or not they played the game competitively (or with knowledge of it's competitive value) within the smash community.

Most people who like (competitive) Brawl more than (competitive) Melee, believe so because they have never played or experienced (c) Melee to it's fullest. It it also those people whom have been brainwashed into thinking "(c) Melee is based off glitches" and such.

I don't know what my associate Melee defenders' goals are, but my reason for arguing in threads like this is to make those brainwashed Brawlers respect competitive Melee.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I don't know what my associate Melee defenders' goals are, but my reason for arguing in threads like this is to make those brainwashed Brawlers respect competitive Melee.
But you can still respect competitive Melee, and still like Brawl better, isn't it?
I mean, I still respect the competitive Melee community, but I choose to pursue the competitive Brawl scene, it appeals to me more.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
SirKibble, it's not a matter of whether or not they played the game, it's whether or not they played the game competitively (or with knowledge of it's competitive value) within the smash community.

Most people who like (competitive) Brawl more than (competitive) Melee, believe so because they have never played or experienced (c) Melee to it's fullest. It it also those people whom have been brainwashed into thinking "(c) Melee is based off glitches" and such.

I still don't see the connection between the two. Most people probably play Brawl because they got tired of playing the same game for seven years straight (like me).

And umm...this entire thread is pretty much saying all Brawl fans prefer Brawl over Melee and didn't want to learn anything about Melee or try to adapt to it so why use "most"? And I haven't met many people here that didn't respect competetive Melee. Those people that say it are usually pretty dumb as it is. Once again, I play Brawl and Melee. I don't know why it's so hard for people to do the same.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Sooooo... nobody here understands analogies... and I fail.

*pause* LMAO!!!

*controls self* Okay, let me try to do this a little slower.
My point here is that opinions can't be facts just because someone says so. You take M2K, he says that in his opinion, Brawl generally sucks. (you can check the quote). M2K is good at both Melee and Brawl, and thus his opinions can be held as fact.

Okaaaaay, so I'm MarKO X. I had the 12th highest GPA in my HS out of 471 students (94.3). I did well in math and I did well in english. I can tell you that the best subject in high school is math because the answers are absolute, rather than in English, where you have multiple choice answers about the message the author was trying to convey, when in reality, your own perception of the piece of literature can alter what message you think the author was trying to convey. So thus, math is the better subject. That's a fact.

In short, M2K is good at Melee and Brawl, says Melee > Brawl, and it's taken as a fact.
Soooo, MarKO X is good at Math and English, and says Math > English. Can you take that as a fact?

See but you act as if there can't be bad analogies.... yours for the most part are too ridiculous.... comparing math and english is like comparing bowling and golf... wtf.

Brawl is melee dumbed down... that is a fact that was stated by the creater... none of your real-life analogies have any bearing on that simple fact.... lol. A better analogy would be possibly comparing real football to arena football... for they are based off the same concept. Most would agree.. real football pwns.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
But you can still respect competitive Melee, and still like Brawl better, isn't it?
I mean, I still respect the competitive Melee community, but I choose to pursue the competitive Brawl scene, it appeals to me more.
I have no problem with that.

I'm just tired of "Brawl is so much better than Melee because Melee was glitchy and had wavedash, etc."

SirKibble

Smash Champion

Sorry if I'm misinterpretting you, but what I'm getting out of what you just said is that because I've never been to a tournament, despite the fact that I've played all 3 Smash games, and have been very persistent about pursuing better tactics and improving my overall ability in each of the 3 games, my opinion on which game is better is entirely null and void?

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Sorry if I'm misinterpretting you, but what I'm getting out of what you just said is that because I've never been to a tournament, despite the fact that I've played all 3 Smash games, and have been very persistent about pursuing better tactics and improving my overall ability in each of the 3 games, my opinion on which game is better is entirely null and void?
yes, your opinion means close to nothing in this discussion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom