• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To DLC or not to DLC

D

Deleted member

See I don't think being 3rd party would hold Snake back. PSASBR had DLC, and Isaac Clarke was a character.
There is licensing issues to consider with third-party characters as well as Snake being a much more difficult fit than Nintendo characters (and arguably third-parties like Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man). Also, PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale focused a lot more on third-party than Sakurai would ever do with Smash.

Still, I guess it's possible, but I don't feel it'd be nearly as likely for us to get Snake back as it would be getting Squirtle, Ivysaur and one of Wolf/Ike/Jigglypuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for more Fire Emblem characters, and DLC should assist in adding more if Sakurai will limit the Fire Emblem franchise to two again. Hopefully not, since there are almost TOO many characters they could add. I believe Chrom is guaranteed to join Smash, and if there are more than two this time around, Micaiah should join since she was the main character of Radiant Dawn, plus leaving the fans and creators with satisfaction with another female. I think everyone wins.

Plus, adding Tharja wouldn't hurt as DLC. Right? :love::love::love:
Naaa... IMO we should stay with Marth, Ike and get Chrom and in a DLC get Roy or maybe another FE character, but don't take out Ike, if they take it out, he should come back in a DLC (If Nintendo plan on doing a DLC)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DLC for Smash would be a beautiful thing. Am still not seeing it happen, but would love it regardless.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i feel like dlc characters u would have to pay but stages be free

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I would hate it if they made DLC only because if Smash4 is on Brawl level or higher they could list pretty much any price and I would buy the new character.

Edit: Now what would be amazing is DLC skins, that's another thing I would just throw money at.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I don't want DLC characters, the only exception being and veterans that had unique movesets that don't make the cut this time around, no new characters; newcomers belong in new games.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Every time Nintendo launches a major IP game it'll come with a download code on a card inside the case for a character from that game as DLC for smash.

Last edited:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
DLC for Smash could be a good way to advertise new game releases. Let's say Nintendo wants to make people more aware of the release of Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. They could add the main character from that game as DLC, and if that character happens to be really cool, perhaps more people will buy SMT x FE.

Or they can do something simple like take Toad's character model that is currently used for Peach's move set and make him a separate character. And Nintendo, if you are reading this, I'm pretty sure making Toad a DLC character would get the Wii U to sell 500 million units and cure cancer. Just saying. ;)

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Or they can do something simple like take Toad's character model that is currently used for Peach's move set and make him a separate character.
Bucken-Berry or bust.

Considering the fact Mario Kart 7 & 8 had absolutely no problem with making a color swap Lakitu playable, I never really knew why people immediately dismissed Blue Toad as a possibility for a playable character.

Likewise, Bandana Waddle Dee, because of the Waddle Dee enemies, when R.O.B. is a generic enemy in Subspace Emissary.

Not that I really expect either, but they could feasibly be characters still, or DLC.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Bucken-Berry or bust.

Considering the fact Mario Kart 7 & 8 had absolutely no problem with making a color swap Lakitu playable, I never really knew why people immediately dismissed Blue Toad as a possibility for a playable character.

Likewise, Bandana Waddle Dee, because of the Waddle Dee enemies, when R.O.B. is a generic enemy in Subspace Emissary.

Not that I really expect either, but they could feasibly be characters still, or DLC.
Then again, this is Mario kart you are talking about. The series with Pink Golden Peach...

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Then again, this is Mario kart you are talking about. The series with Pink Golden Peach...
Got me there. But I could see Sakurai posting a silly pic of the day explaining it and it'd fit right in with everything else he does/says.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Well since the roster seems to be shaping up, here's some characters I hope to see in DLC.

PirateHaxx

Smash Cadet
I think DLC will be a good thing. I can imagine alternate skins for characters, new characters/stages. :D

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Surprised nobody brought up the added possibility of DLC due to the Gematsu leak. Does anyone feel that DLC could be used to promote an assist trophy?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Surprised nobody brought up the added possibility of DLC due to the Gematsu leak. Does anyone feel that DLC could be used to promote an assist trophy?
It's possible. We have no idea what's planned. I could see it being used to revive characters like pichu, and maybe squirtly/ivy if they are gone.

I would love to see it being used for extra characters, that I would buy in a heartbeat.

As for other content? There are a lot of interesting possibilities. Stages are a given. But there seem to be a slew of game modes available in the 3ds version alone that we don't have a lot of info on. Any of those may have possible space for additions

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope character dlc is used to mainly add new franchises rather than flood the game with every random Mario or Zelda character. I hope dlc characters are still carefully selected.

It's not going to appeal to me in the slightest if they just churn out clones and characters like Pichu or Dr. Mario.

If they REALLY want to be blasting open those wallets they need to be hitting us with characters like Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Isaac etc. (3 of them aren't new franchises but I'm being realistic, they won't all be new franchises.)

I'm hopeful dlc will give franchises like Golden Sun and Advance/Famicom Wars a representative. They certainly deserve it.

Last edited:

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I'm for DLC, but only as long as it doesn't run rampant. A stage or skin pack here and there would be awesome. Character-wise though, I personally think Nintendo should refrain from adding any newcomers via DLC. Really, I think the only character DLC that should exist is Smash veterans that end up being cut from the game. (EG, would be a good way of getting Mewtwo if he's not already in, Roy, Ivysaur, Squirtle, etc.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm all about DLC. It allows devs to continue to support a game after launch and include things they did not initially have the time for.

What I am against is Nintendo shipping a game that is incomplete just to make a few bucks off of us.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm all about DLC. It allows devs to continue to support a game after launch and include things they did not initially have the time for.

What I am against is Nintendo shipping a game that is incomplete just to make a few bucks off of us.
I'd feel hard pressed to call a roster of 47-48 incomplete.

I'm happy with dlc as long as you're getting your moneys worth. I mean why should we be spending something like €2 a pop on an outfit that can only be worn by one character or something that has a timer on it and then disappears? (The latter is something I've seen in some MMOs and it's absolutely scandalous.)

It's that kind of thing that turns me off. Give me hefty bundles or expansions that have hairs on their chests.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'd feel hard pressed to call a roster of 47-48 incomplete.

I'm happy with dlc as long as you're getting your moneys worth. I mean why should we be spending something like €2 a pop on an outfit that can only be worn by one character or something that has a timer on it and then disappears? (The latter is something I've seen in some MMOs and it's absolutely scandalous.)

It's that kind of thing that turns me off. Give me hefty bundles or expansions that have hairs on their chests.
I wasn't implying that I thought Smash 4 with that size of a roster was incomplete. I don't mind DLC or even planned DLC, what I have a problem with is a company holding back completed content just to sell it to us piece meal.

Let's take Brawl for example. Let's say that game had DLC. It could have gone one of two ways:

1.) Sakurai could have seen in development they wouldn't have had time for, let's say, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Roy, and Tetra. He knew about this and figured he could include them as DLC, so he put some place holder data in for them and a few months after release sold them as DLC. This is a good use of DLC.

2.) Wolf, Jiggly Puff, and Toon Link were ready for launch, but they weren't included on the disk just so they could be sold to us later. The roster was already large and felt complete, but this was a good way to get us to pay another 10 dollars. This is a bad use (for consumers) of DLC.

The problem is, if either of those happened, we wouldn't know which was one it was.

SwordDance

Smash Cadet
Never liked the idea of DLC. I've already bought the game, why do I have the pay for more characters that game should've come with anyway? If that dlc included Ridley I would phone up the Japanese President to close down Nintendo because he's too big, use Rundas instead

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Never liked the idea of DLC. I've already bought the game, why do I have the pay for more characters that game should've come with anyway? If that dlc included Ridley I would phone up the Japanese President to close down Nintendo because he's too big, use Rundas instead
That's like ordering a hamburger and complaining that you didn't get the fries that should have been included anyway. DLC isn't always some scam, it can be a great way to add content to any game.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I have a feeling that we will see DLC for the game but not just patches. I think we are going to get stages and characters as DLC. A Neogaf user by the name of Ryce made a post about the DLC and i agree with his picks.

My dream scenario is that the DLC characters will get reveal trailers during Nintendo Directs and then be released a week or two later. Each DLC character would be priced at $5 and contain trophies and customization options.

December 2014 - Mewtwo
February 2015 - Dixie Kong
April 2015 (Splatoon Direct) - Inkling & “Turf War” stage*
June 2015 (E3 Digital Event) - Takamaru & “Murasame Castle” stage

* Each copy of Splatoon comes with a free Smash Bros. DLC code.

I really don’t see there being any more than four or five DLC characters.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
They should package a character and a stage together. For example: If you download Mewtwo you get PokeFloats :troll:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
They should package a character and a stage together. For example: If you download Mewtwo you get PokeFloats :troll:
They should package:
* New Character
* New Stage
* New Music (for stage)
* New Assist Trophy (or pokeball pokemon)
* New Item
* New Trophies
* Minor Bonus addition (like a new smash run enemy or a new event challenge)

Everything in the package would be related to the central character.

At least in an ideal world they should. I would buy packages like that.

Another thought I had earlier, do you think the 3ds version will get dlc before the Wii U version is released?

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
They should package:
* New Character
* New Stage
* New Music (for stage)
* New Assist Trophy (or pokeball pokemon)
* New Item
* New Trophies
* Minor Bonus addition (like a new smash run enemy or a new event challenge)

Everything in the package would be related to the central character.

At least in an ideal world they should. I would buy packages like that.

Another thought I had earlier, do you think the 3ds version will get dlc before the Wii U version is released?
I feel like DLC would be after the Wii U one comes out.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hmm....I would think that Nintendo could possibly use characters from upcoming games such as Henry Fleming (Code Name: STEAM), Inkling (Splatoon), Captain Toad etc as part of DLC as part of promoting new games.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I support Inkling Girl as a DLC playable character 101% all the way! She could have a unique move-set and interesting gameplay gimmicks. Here's a move-set I whipped up a few days ago. It took me about an hour and a half, but it was worth it! It's quite long, so get comfortable. Sorry about the huge text wall. I would spoiler it, but I have yet to figure out how.

B-INK BLAST-INKLING GIRL SHOOTS A BLAST OF INK AT THE ENEMY. IF IT HITS THE ENENMY, THEN IT FUNCTIONS AS A MODERATE-DAMAGE PROJECTILE. IF IT MISSES, IT HITS THE GROUND AND IS SLIPPERY, REDUCING ENEMY TRACTION AND MAY CAUSE TRIPPING. SPLATS DISSOLVE AFTER SEVERAL SECONDS. IF IT HITS AN ENEMY, IT WILL NOT SPLAT. IT CAN BE CHARGED AND GAINS A SNIPER SCOPE DURING THE CHARGE TO HELP WITH AIMING. ALSO ANGLEABLE. CAN MOVE WHILE CHARGEING.
INK BLAST 2.0-BY DOUBLE TAPPING B, YOU CAN SWAP TO A CONCENTRATED INK BLAST. IF IT HITS, IT IS A SEMI-POWERFUL PROJECTILE. IF IT HITS THE GROUND, THE ENEMY WILL BE SLOWED DOWN TEMPORARILY IF THEY RUN OVER IT BECAUSE IT IS STICKY (DUH). OTHERWISE IT IS IDENTICAL TO “INK BLAST 1”. REFRENCES RIFLE FROM SPLATOON.
INK BLAST V: 3.0-BY TRIPLE TAPPING B, YOU CAN SHOOT A STREAM OF INK THAT HAS NO EFFECT ON TERRAIN, AND NO KNOCKBACK. IT DOES, HOWEVER, DEAL DAMAGE VERY QUICKLY. IT DOES 1% DAMAGE PER HIT.
INK BLAST 4TH EDITION-BY RAPIDLY SPAMMING B, YOU CAN RAPID FIRE RATHER WEAK INK BLOTS WITH THE SAME PROPERTIES AS “INK BLAST 1”, BUT ON A MUCH SMALLER, WEAKER SCALE. IT IS A VARITION OF “INK BLAST 1.
OVER-B-TRANSEMORPH-INKLING GIRL JUMPS WHILE CHANGING INTO SQUID FORM. CAN ANGLE THE JUMP TO ALMOST STRAIGHT UP, AND CAN CHARGE IT. MUST REMAIN STATIONARY WHILE CHARGING. IFYOU TOUCH AN INK PUDDLE, YOU CAN SWIM IN IT, GREATLY INCREASING MOBILITY. YOU CAN JUMP OUT THE INK AND PRESS A TO DO AN EXTREMELY WEAK JUMP ATTACK. PRESS B TO REVERT INTO HUMAN FORM.
DOWN B-INK BOMB-INKLING GIRL PULLS OUT AN INK BOMB. SHE CAN MOVE WHILE HOLDING THE BOMB BY HOLDING DOWN THE B. HOWEVER, IT WILL GO OFF IN HER HAND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE. SHE CAN THROW IT BY RELEASING B. ON CONTACT WITH THE GROUND, IT GENERATES AN INK-SPLOSION AND SCATTERS MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PAINT WITHIN A RADIUS. THIS PAINT HAS THE SAME PROPERTIES AS THE PAINT FROM “INK BLAST 4TH EDITION”.
UP B-INK-NADO SPIN-INKLING GIRL GENERATES A SMALL INK-NADO WITH HER GUN. IT SPINS HER AROUND QUICKLY AND LAUNCHES HER UPWARD, COVERED IN INK. INKLING GIRL IS A HITBOX ON THE RISE OF THE MOVE. THE INK-NADO HAS STRONG VACCUUM EFFECTS AND CAN DRAW ENEMIES IN.
FINAL SMASH-PAINT THE TOWN ALL 7 COLORS!!!-INKLING GIRL FLIES INTO THE BACKGROUND AND THROWS A SPLATTER BOMB. IT CRASHES STRAIGHT DOWN AND GENERATES A MASSIVE INK-SPLOSION WITH A HUGE RADIUS, MANY POWERFUL HITS, AND AN INCREDIBLY POWERFUL CONCLUSIVE HIT. IF YOU SURIVIVE, YOU ARE SLOWED DOWN BY THE PAINT. IT SCATTERS INK ACROSS THE WHOLE STAGE, WITH THE PROPERTIES OF THE INK FROM “INK BLAST 1”, ONLY MORE POWERFUL. ALSO BLASTS INK AT THE SCREEN NEAR THE END AND COMPLETLEY BLOTS OUT THE SREEN UNTIL INKLING GIRL SAFELY LANDS AT THE END OF THE MOVE.
DASH ATTACK-INK ROLLER-INKLING GIRL USES THE PAINT ROLLER TO MOW DOWN OPPONENTS. RATHER WEAK, LIKE ALL DASH ATTACKS.
SIDE SMASH-BAZOOKA-INKLING GIRL USES THE BAZOOKA FROM SPLATOON TO CREATE AN EXPLOSION OF INK IN FRONT OF HER.
UP SMASH-INK UPPERCUT-INKLING GIRL USES HER PAINT GUT TO PROPEL HERSELF UPWARD SLIGHTLY WITH A STREAM OF PAINT. SHE THEN DOES ONE UPWARD KICK AND ONE UPWARD PUNCH, WHICH DEAL DAMAGE TO OPPONENTS.
DOWN SMASH-INK ROLLER 2-INKLING GIRL SPINS IN A CIRCLE WITH THE INKL ROLLER ON THE GROUND, DAMAGING ANYONE NEARBY.
JAB-ROUNDHOUSE KICK-INKLING GIRL DOES ONE ROUNDHOUSE KICK, FLOWED BY ANOTHER IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. SHE THEN DOES AN INFINITE NUMBER OF RAPID ROUNDHOUSE KICKS, SIMILAR TO FOX’S IN TERMS OF FUNCTION.
FORWARD AERIAL-INKLING GIRL PUNCHES STRAIGHT FORWARD. MODERATLEY POWERFUL.
DOWN AERIAL-INKLING GIRL USES THE BAZOOKA WEAPON TO MAKE A SMALL INK-SPLOSION BELOW HER. IT IS A METEOR SMASH.
BACK AERIAL-INKLING GIRL SPINS AND HITS THE OPPONENT WITH HER THE TENTACLE-LIKE PORION OF HER HAIR.
UP AERIAL-INKLING GIRL KICKS STRAIGHT UP. RATHER WEAK. FUNCTIONS SIMILAR TO A SEX KICK.
NEUTRAL AERIAL-INKLING GIRL FLIPS, GENERATING A HITBOX ON THE TENTACLE-LIKE PORTION OF HER HAIR.
FORWARD TILT-INKLING GIRL SPINS, CREATING A HITBOX ON THE TENTACLE-LIKE PORTION OF HER HAIR.
DOWN TILT-INKLING GIRL SWEEPS THE GROUND WITH HER TENTACLE-LIKE PORTIONS OF HER HAIR.
UP TILT-INKLING GIRL KICKS STRAGHT UP WHILE TWISTING HER FOOT, SIMILAR TO FOX’S UP TILT IN THE ORIGINAL SMASH BROS. 64.
FLOOR ATTACK (FACEUP)-INKLING GIRL JUMPS UP AND USES THE PAINTROLLER TO GENERATE A WEAK HITBOX.
FLOOR ATTACK (FACEDOWN)-INKLING GIRL SPIN KICKS IN FRONT OF HER THEN BACKHAND PUNCHES BEHIND HER.
FLOOR ATTACK (TRIP)-INKLING GIRL FLIPS UP, HITTING BEHIND HER WITH HER LEGS, THEN AXE KICKS IN FRONT OF HER.
LEDGE ATTACK (UNDER 100%)-INKLING GIRL FLIPS ONTO STAGE STIFFLY, THEN DOES A 2-FOOT SPIN KICK (LIKE FOX’S FROM SSB64), WHICH IS THE PART OF THE ATTACK WITH A HITBOX.
LEDGE ATTACK (OVER 100%)-INKLING GIRL SLOWLY CLIMBS ONTO STAGE, ALMOST SLIPPING, THEN USES HER INK GUN AS A MELEE WEAPON AND THRUSTS IT FORWARD
GRAB-INKLING GIRL GRABS IN FRONT OF HER RATHER CLUMSILY. MODERATE RANGE
DASH GRAB-INKLING GIRL GRAIN FRONT OF HER VERY CLUMSILY, ALMOST TRIPPING. MODERATE RANGE.
PUMMEL-INKLING GIRL HITS THE OPPONENT WITH HER INK GUN.
FORWARD THROW-INKLING GIRL THROWS THE OPPONENT INTO THE FLOOR AND AXE KICKS THEM FORWARD.
UP THROW-INKLING GIRL THROWS THE OPPONENT ALMOST STRAIGHT UP, AND OPEN FIRES AT THEM WITH HER INK GUN.
DOWN THROW-INKLING GIRL THROWS THE OPPONENT DOWN AND THROWS TWO INK GRENADES STRAIGHT DOWN, DETONATING THEM ON THE ENEMY
BACK THROW-INKLING GIRL TURNS QUICKLY AND ROLLS BACKWARD, THEN KICKS THE OPPONENT OFF HER (LIKE FOX’S IN SSB64).
PALETTE SWAPS:
-ORANGE (DEFAULT) (NO ACCESSORIES)
-MAGENTA (RED TEAM) (GETS BASEBALL CAP-LIKE VISOR THNGY)
-OLIVE GREEN (GREEN TEAM) (PUTS TENTACLES UP IN PONYTAIL SIMILAR TO INKLING BOY AND GAINS HEADBAND, BUT DOES NOT CHANGE GENDERS).
-CYAN (BLUE TEAM) (GAINS SCUBA-DIVING SWIM GOGGLES)
-YELLOW (BASED OFF SPLATOON COLOR) (GETS A PLAID SHIRT AND GLASSES)
-PURPLE (BASED OFF SPLATOON COLOR) (GETS HEADPHONES AND FOREHEAD GOGGLES)
*PAINT COLOR CHANGES TO MATCH PALETTE SWAPS*
TAUNTS:
UP TAUNT-INKLING GIRL TAPS HER GUN ON HER SHOULDER TWICE, SHAKING THE CANISTER ON HER BACK, AND PUTS HER HAND ON HER HIP. THEN SHE FLIPS HER HAIR AND SALUTES THE PLAYER.
SIDE TAUNT-INKLING GIRL TWIRLS HER GUN ON HER FINGER, THEN TOSSES IT UP AND PRETENDS TO HOLSTER IT.
DOWN TAUNT-INKLING GIRL TURNS INTO HER SQUID FORM AND WAVES AT THE PLAYER.
VICTORY ANIMATIONS:
VICTORY ANIMATION 1-INKLING GIRL SWIMS THROUGH A PUDDLE OF INK TOWARD THE PLAYER, AND THEN JUMPS OUT AND TOSSES INK GRENADE UP AND DOWN.
VICTORY ANIMATION 2-INKLING GIRL LANDS ON THE SCREEN AND POINTS HER GUN IN ALL DIRECTONS BEFORE COATING THE SCREEN IN INK AND COMPLETLEY BLOTTING OUT EVERYTHING. AFTER A CERTAIN AOUNT OF TIME, THE INK SLIDES OFF AND INKLING GIRL IS STANDING THERE SMILING WITH HER HAND ON HER HIP AND HER GUN ON HER SHOULDER, CAUSING THE INK CANISTER ON HER SHOULDER TO SLOSH AROUND A LITTLE.
VICTORY ANIMATION 3-INKLING GIRL THROWS INK GRENADES DOWN ALL AROUND HER FEET, CAUSING GEYSERS OF INK TO GO EVERYWHERE. SHE THEN DOES A FIST PUMP AND PUTS HER ON HER HIP.
IDLE ANIMATIONS:
IDLE ANIMATION 1: INKLING GIRL PUTS A HAND ON HER HIP AND LOOKS AT HER WRIST AS IF THERE WAS A WATCH, THEN TAPS HER FOOT IMPATIENTLY AND SIGHS, AND PRETENDS TO TRY AND FIX HER HAIR WITH A COMB.
IDLE ANIMATION 2: INKLING GIRL TRIES TO DO A TRICK INVOLVING TOSSING HER GUN LIGHTLY AND KICKING IT BACK UP TO HER HAND, BUT FAILS AND QUICKLY PICKS THE GUN UP, LOOKS AROUND, AND WHISTLES AS IF NOTHING HAD HAPPENED.
IDLE ANIMATION 3: INKLING GIRL POINTS HER GUN AROUND AS IF ON PATROL AND THEN SALUTES.
IDLE POSE: INKLING GIRL SWAYS BACK AND FORTH ON HER FEET: JUST LIKE IN SPLATOON.
INTRO ANIMATION: INKLING GIRL APPEARS OUT OF A SPLATOON-STYLE SPAWN POINT AND TRANSFORMS FROM SQUID-HUMAN HYBRID TO HUMAN APPEARANCE, JUST LIKE IN SPLATOON.

Last edited:

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
I know game promotion and profit through fan appeal are important aspects of the gaming market but here's my problem. To me, the increasing trend of DLC is just an annoying part about games. If I'm going to but a game, it should've already included what I'm paying for. The idea of characters or stages being DLC content is really annoying; either include the stuff or don't. I think it just shows that either the developer's were not caught-up when the release date happened or they really didn't know what to do. Sure, certain things need to be tested and there has to be feedback from buyers but just make an update or something. I just think it's more of a hassle, and causes dissent among those who get DLC and those who don't and complain. I also feel DLC does not for fit Smash Bros. but whatever...

the man

Smash Apprentice
Imo, DLC should only be relevant if some characters couldn't make the cut in time and were added for free later on. Kind of how Fire Emblem Awakening worked, there were about 8-9 levels that were added in for free because they didn't have the time to finish them before release.

I would only pay for DLC if the content being offered was truly extra and not cut content from the final product.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I'm cool with DLC as long as it is not cut content. The best way to do it would probably be to release a DLC pack every year or so to maintain everyone's interest in the game.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
I think DLC would be great! No-brainers like Mewtwo and Takamaru would be able to join the fight!
I just wonder how many DLC characters would be released...
4 DLC characters seems right; it would fit perfectly into the Wii U version's character menu (add another column), but that wouldn't translate nicely onto the 3DS version's menu. I guess there would either have to be 2 empty spaces on the menu or a second page for the menu.
(This is all assuming there'll be 48 slots pre-DLC)

Top Bottom