• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You can experiment with new controls without a tag on?
LOOOL Great job in pointing this out, I didn't even notice.
It's not even a john, it's just a straight up lie lol.

Didn't Prof loose to some random Kirby not that long ago? Granted not as badly as Rolex lost to Numbers, but it doesn't even seem to have been mentioned here at all.

Though I think he just destroyed the guy in a friendly at SDS...it was R23 that beat him before, right?
It's not mentioned because I kinda destroyed him that very tournament I lost at the next time we played in bracket.
It was 3-0, first match 3 stock, second match 2 stock, third match 3 stock.
(if you wish to see the match) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_dIUPsPMns

What's there to talk about 'Professor Pro lost a set to someone, but then adapted and won convincingly afterwards'............makes for very good discussion. :awesome:

Bazkip

Smash Master
It's not mentioned because I kinda destroyed him that very tournament I lost at the next time we played in bracket.
It was 3-0, first match 3 stock, second match 2 stock, third match 3 stock.
(if you wish to see the match) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_dIUPsPMns

What's there to talk about 'Professor Pro lost a set to someone, but then adapted and won convincingly afterwards'............makes for very good discussion. :awesome:
Ah, didn't know you played him again, only saw your first set against him. My bad.

Last edited:

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
Lol are you guys stupid? i was trying regular controls, i normally use my own set of custom controls but it made Up B Oos not ideal. And i beat numbers today in 2 sets in a tournament which makes our record like 11-1 now in sets.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
It's to bad he had to expose you and you couldn't do anything about it till the next tournament :awesome:
Running it back the same tournament, isn't the same as running it back week(s) later. Unless you can lay out some @ Professor Pro Professor Pro combos on him and expose'em, you might not be livin this down. Especially since you had to drop that low tier john, and for some reason you're still going on about it. Need to take yo lose like a man, snake is a man, aren't you?

Last edited:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
And i beat numbers today in 2 sets in a tournament which makes our record like 11-1 now in sets.
Nice lie about the score, according to this post which was made April 2nd it's not the first time he has taken a set off of you.
Where do your lies begin and end???

Best NY Zard (and probably best American Zard) is definitely John Numbers. He's actually taken a set off Rolex, which I think is more than can be said of any Zard out there.

Also I thought you were the best Snake in the world...
Can someone give me pointers on the mario matchup? I brought Rolex to game 5 on friday, only to have him switch to mario.
I didn't think the best Snake in the world would have to do this?
Looking forward to SKTAR 3 and our $100 MM (which you won't allow to be raised to $200 :awesome:)

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What if, the loser of the MM had to rock the tag, "Fraud" in game, till they got the chance to MM the other person and beat them.
@ Professor Pro Professor Pro make it happen!

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
Nice lie about the score, according to this post which was made April 2nd it's not the first time he has taken a set off of you.

Looking forward to SKTAR 3 and our $100 MM (which you won't allow to be raised to $200 :awesome:)
Im very honored at how much time you must spend combing this site (it's very flattering) for any validation on your claim to #1 snake, God knows your results arent doing it. SKTAR cant come soon enough.:smirk:

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Im very honored at how much time you must spend combing this site (it's very flattering) for any validation on your claim to #1 snake, God knows your results arent doing it. SKTAR cant come soon enough.:smirk:
What will you and Keith Robinson have in common? You're never gonna live it down.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Actually both of the quotes got sent to me by UK people who main characters in those forums, but nice job in not even admitted that you were lying :)

Still confused at why you are looking forward to SKTAR, you avoiding upgrading the money speaks volumes on your confidence in winning, even when you have the results to prove you are the better Snake :awesome:
Are you still refusing to upgrade our MM to $200?
I'll even settle at $150 if $200 is too much for you.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol are you guys stupid? i was trying regular controls, i normally use my own set of custom controls but it made Up B Oos not ideal. And i beat numbers today in 2 sets in a tournament which makes our record like 11-1 now in sets.
Why don't you make one of your shoulder buttons jump in order to do up-b OOS easier? It's what I do when playing bowser and it's just as easy as tap jump when you get used to it

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Oh man, didn't expect to see my posts in other forums all the way out here (out of context, might I add). Should probably clarify that those sets were for our university's little PR thing (we do take it pretty seriously, though) and didn't actually take place in tournament. I'm not sure if #'s has ever beaten Rolex in tourney other than at SBU 2.5.

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
Actually both of the quotes got sent to me by UK people who main characters in those forums, but nice job in not even admitted that you were lying :)

Still confused at why you are looking forward to SKTAR, you avoiding upgrading the money speaks volumes on your confidence in winning, even when you have the results to prove you are the better Snake :awesome:
Are you still refusing to upgrade our MM to $200?
I'll even settle at $150 if $200 is too much for you.
No need to lie about these "UK" people. its ok, like i said im flattered. And 100 is all im gonna do because money is tight, but you can continue to keep asking if it makes you feel better to think of me as scared or something.

Why don't you make one of your shoulder buttons jump in order to do up-b OOS easier? It's what I do when playing bowser and it's just as easy as tap jump when you get used to it
And thank you for the advice GP. i actually gave that a little practice but i didnt like it, so im just gonna switch to basic tap jump on controls i think

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Hey guys, Rolex here and i would just like to say that I'm the best Snake in the world and have the results and tournament videos to prove it
100 is all im gonna do because money is tight
but i thought u said u was da bes snake
this free money for you right here
charity
money will become less tight
take his money

Last edited:

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman

for the record, you also told me at one point that sheik-snake is a bad matchup for snake. And I agree with you. And I sincerely think that Rolex outplayed me, and I honestly believe he can outplay you too.
Even if you do beat Rolex, he's still the better player. You may win, which would only prove you better at the ditto, but Rolex's results are way more solid than you. Beat someone notable other than leffen, (who Rolex beat much more convincingly for the record), and you might be obviously better.
And as a side note, that was a small local tournament. And Rolex did have his controls switched and was rather stuck in shield when I was pressuring him because of it

Heartstring

Smash Legend
for the record, you also told me at one point that sheik-snake is a bad matchup for snake. And I agree with you. And I sincerely think that Rolex outplayed me, and I honestly believe he can outplay you too.
Even if you do beat Rolex, he's still the better player. You may win, which would only prove you better at the ditto, but Rolex's results are way more solid than you. Beat someone notable other than leffen, (who Rolex beat much more convincingly for the record), and you might be obviously better.
And as a side note, that was a small local tournament. And Rolex did have his controls switched and was rather stuck in shield when I was pressuring him because of it
See I like both players. But honestly using the 'better results' card in this situation is pointless. the regions they both live in are totally different. Prof hasnt had the oppurtunity to play anyone great other than leffen and Armada in P:M purely down to location!

This is like me saying 'Im smarter than everyone in this thread because I was ranked no.1 in my entire county on my exams' and then not taking into account that I live in possibly the dumbest county in the whole continent. yet.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
See I like both players. But honestly using the 'better results' card in this situation is pointless. the regions they both live in are totally different. Prof hasnt had the oppurtunity to play anyone great other than leffen and Armada in P:M purely down to location!

This is like me saying 'Im smarter than everyone in this thread because I was ranked no.1 in my entire county on my exams' and then not taking into account that I live in possibly the dumbest county in the whole continent. yet.
I understand that the European players have trouble in the sense of location, but it doesnt change the fact the results are what they are. The better indicator of the who's the better player is to place both of them in large majors. If there is a significant difference in placing, then theirs clearly a better player, but I dont think a match between the two would settle it. It wouldn't be a proper indicator of who's the better player. The fact of the matter is, whether or not its more difficult for prof to attend more tournaments, Rolex has taken down many more top name players. Competition in American tournaments its generally more fierce. Not saying that Europeans are bad, because there's certainly more good players in America than in Europe.
Personally, I consider myself pretty good, but Im not known because Im a high school student and dont travel. Could I beat some well known players? Maybe. But even so, theyve still won against a variety of well known players, making them have better results than me, and ultimately better players.
Both players are very good. But Rolex's results will still stand, whether he wins or not. Especially since both players pretty much only play snake, it will only prove who has the upper hand in the ditto.

Axrz

Smash Apprentice
Beat someone notable other than leffen, (who Rolex beat much more convincingly for the record), and you might be obviously better.
The first time Rolex and Leffen played, Rolex lost. Prof lost to Leffen the first time and beat him in the second set. If you want to argue one is better than the other, at least look at all of the times they've actually played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xff9tv0qaJ4

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I understand that the European players have trouble in the sense of location, but it doesnt change the fact the results are what they are. The better indicator of the who's the better player is to place both of them in large majors. If there is a significant difference in placing, then theirs clearly a better player, but I dont think a match between the two would settle it. It wouldn't be a proper indicator of who's the better player. The fact of the matter is, whether or not its more difficult for prof to attend more tournaments, Rolex has taken down many more top name players. Competition in American tournaments its generally more fierce. Not saying that Europeans are bad, because there's certainly more good players in America than in Europe.
Personally, I consider myself pretty good, but Im not known because Im a high school student and dont travel. Could I beat some well known players? Maybe. But even so, theyve still won against a variety of well known players, making them have better results than me, and ultimately better players.
Both players are very good. But Rolex's results will still stand, whether he wins or not. Especially since both players pretty much only play snake, it will only prove who has the upper hand in the ditto.
All I need to know is....if I beat Rolex and place higher then him at SKTAR 3 will you admit I am the better Snake?

Or will I still need more results to prove it?

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
The first time Rolex and Leffen played, Rolex lost. Prof lost to Leffen the first time and beat him in the second set. If you want to argue one is better than the other, at least look at all of the times they've actually played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xff9tv0qaJ4
If you want to argue who is better, look at all the other people Rolex has beaten at Apex. Leffen isnt the only deciding factor, even though he's played both.
And yes, results where you placed a good amount higher than Rolex would be very convincing.
A round robin with some top players would be ideal but I would imagine that would be a nightmare to organize.

And for the record, does anyone know anything about leffen's opinion on this? It doesnt really mean much imo but I'm just curious.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yes, okay. lets look at all of the american majors Prof has attended as of this typing:
Oh look at that, it's pretty blank.
Going back to my earlier metaphor, It's like saying that I'm better than my friend at rugby because i'm on he team at my school and hes not at his school. while totally being blind to the fact that he no longer attends school, and therefore cannot be on their team

Also, I find it really funny that you said about 'trouble with a sense of location', and then proceded to tell us that you don't travel. Meanwhile, here's a european thats been to apex 3 times now and into mainland europe (UK is an isolated island, after all) countless times, I think I probably have a solid idea of location, at least one a little better than yours.

One more thing: Formatting man, fix that ****

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Yes, okay. lets look at all of the american majors Prof has attended as of this typing:
Oh look at that, it's pretty blank.
Going back to my earlier metaphor, It's like saying that I'm better than my friend at rugby because i'm on he team at my school and hes not at his school. while totally being blind to the fact that he no longer attends school, and therefore cannot be on their team

Also, I find it really funny that you said about 'trouble with a sense of location', and then proceded to tell us that you don't travel. Meanwhile, here's a european thats been to apex 3 times now and into mainland europe (UK is an isolated island, after all) countless times, I think I probably have a solid idea of location, at least one a little better than yours.

One more thing: Formatting man, fix that ****
Location isnt even my main problem. Dude, Im barely 16, broke as hell, and Im in school. I was referring to the inability to attend tournaments Im not even taking personal shots, dont be obliged to get so counter offensive.
This thread is ridiculously one-sided. Everyone here is just on the prof bandwagon, and whoever comes in supporting rolex gets attacked. The only reason that I got here in the first place was because prof stalked the sheik threads looking for crap on Rolex and quoted my post. Read the above posts, there's virtually no one supporting Rolex on these posts, everyone's just sitting there and agreeing that Prof will win. I felt encouraged to reply, since it was my words taken out of context to support an opinion that I dont agree with, and it made me a little bit uneasy. If I knew that prof actually goes through the threads of characters that he doesnt play with, I wouldve watched what I posted. I guess thats at my fault though. When I give my honest opinion, people just shoot it down, by giving unrelated rugby analogies and their travel history.
A more proper analogy would be since Pro has beaten all his friends and almost beat one guy who's good at rugby, he can probably beat the guy who has beat countless professionals.
Honestly, it doesnt matter who's better. Both are good players and both are enjoyable to watch, but if it really means that much to people, I think we can all just wait until SKTAR 3. I dont even think it's that far away at this point.
For the record, if prof was so significantly better than Rolex like everyone on here claims he is to be, this wouldnt even be a point of attention to anyone. I enjoy the excitement just as much as anyone else, but I think calling out anyone who doesnt support prof is unnecessary, and so is bugging a college student who claims money is tight to raise the stakes.
Peace. Looking forward to SKTAR 3.

Sorry for the bad formatting.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Location isnt even my main problem. Dude, Im barely 16, broke as hell, and Im in school. I was referring to the inability to attend tournaments Im not even taking personal shots, dont be obliged to get so counter offensive.
This thread is ridiculously one-sided. Everyone here is just on the prof bandwagon, and whoever comes in supporting rolex gets attacked. The only reason that I got here in the first place was because prof stalked the sheik threads looking for crap on Rolex and quoted my post. Read the above posts, there's virtually no one supporting Rolex on these posts, everyone's just sitting there and agreeing that Prof will win. I felt encouraged to reply, since it was my words taken out of context to support an opinion that I dont agree with, and it made me a little bit uneasy. If I knew that prof actually goes through the threads of characters that he doesnt play with, I wouldve watched what I posted. I guess thats at my fault though. When I give my honest opinion, people just shoot it down, by giving unrelated rugby analogies and their travel history.
A more proper analogy would be since Pro has beaten all his friends and almost beat one guy who's good at rugby, he can probably beat the guy who has beat countless professionals.
Honestly, it doesnt matter who's better. Both are good players and both are enjoyable to watch, but if it really means that much to people, I think we can all just wait until SKTAR 3. I dont even think it's that far away at this point.
For the record, if prof was so significantly better than Rolex like everyone on here claims he is to be, this wouldnt even be a point of attention to anyone. I enjoy the excitement just as much as anyone else, but I think calling out anyone who doesnt support prof is unnecessary, and so is bugging a college student who claims money is tight to raise the stakes.
Peace. Looking forward to SKTAR 3.

Sorry for the bad formatting.
Okay okay fine. But the way you wrote it made it appear like an insult. Americans seem to be good at doing that /s

I understand that you want to present a balanced discussion, but using 'how many top players does rolex/prof have a positive record against?' for your discussion isn't going to work.

Top players rolex has had access to at some point: Almost every top player on the planet (whether he actually played them or not is a different issue)
Top players prof has had access to at some point: Armada, Leffen...Fuzzyness?

You see the point I'm making? you can't use the whole 'Rolex has beaten more top players' argument when he has access to so many more top players.

To solidify the point, I'm going to spin it around for you:
How many players does Rolex have a negative record vs: Mew2King(2nd@apex), probably others who I havent paid attention to
How many players does prof have a negative record vs: Armada(1st@apex)

you see what I mean?

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Okay okay fine. But the way you wrote it made it appear like an insult. Americans seem to be good at doing that /s

I understand that you want to present a balanced discussion, but using 'how many top players does rolex/prof have a positive record against?' for your discussion isn't going to work.

Top players rolex has had access to at some point: Almost every top player on the planet (whether he actually played them or not is a different issue)
Top players prof has had access to at some point: Armada, Leffen...Fuzzyness?

You see the point I'm making? you can't use the whole 'Rolex has beaten more top players' argument when he has access to so many more top players.

To solidify the point, I'm going to spin it around for you:
How many players does Rolex have a negative record vs: Mew2King(2nd@apex), probably others who I havent paid attention to
How many players does prof have a negative record vs: Armada(1st@apex)

you see what I mean?
Sorry if I came off as rude before.
But at the same time, I dont think that a simple match between the two players will be the only deciding factor. Ideally, I would like to see how prof would fair against m2k and how rolex would do against armada. The upcoming match does definitely mean something, but I dont think it should be the only deciding factor. SKTAR 3's results do mean something, but I dont think that if prof or rolex wins, it should be the sole deciding factor. Currently, despite the crucial unavailability of top players at European tournaments, Rolex does have the upper hand in the sense that he does have better results. Im not saying that this automatically makes him better, but his results certainly make him appear as so. It would be cool if Prof was able to come to some more American majors, but I realize how difficult and expensive it is to fly across the Atlantic so often.
Im kind of done with this thread to be honest though. SKTAR's going to be exciting.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Just curious, outside of getting 4th at Apex, what other results does Rolex have to back him up?

D

Deleted member

I think hes lost to m2k a ton or something? I don't remember

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
As said before and not directly answered @ foxygrandpa foxygrandpa unless I missed it...
If I beat him in the Snake ditto, and place higher then him at SKTAR 3, will you personally admit I am better than him....or will I still need more results to back it up?

Edit - Also I'm posting this here because my friend @BrTarolg wants to close this down due to lack of activity from Rolex fans lol. :(
Also, if you have 'I'm only side-betting at SKTAR' johns then don't worry, I will be bringing along his money if needed.
Remember, I'm free because I haven't beaten anyone notable, so get your free money! http://smashboards.com/threads/rolex-vs-prof-sidebet-thread.349707/page-2#post-16677165

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Hey, this thread's back!

I don't know, Rolex got pretty spanked by M2K at KTAR9. (KTAR8? The one where Pink Fresh got 3rd.) And I mean "M2K started using his characters that aren't Fox/Mewtwo" level of spanked, while Prof took Armada to last game last stock. I will allow for fluctuations in play quality due to not being able to play your best all the time (althrough M2K still hasn't lost a tourney since Apex, wut) and I do enjoy watching both players a lot (esp. Rolex/M2K teams) but that alone says a lot about the caliber of the players. Holding your own v/s the man who hasn't dropped a set in P:M in tournament and Apex champion; losing handily to M2K, who the Apex champion double eliminated.

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, this is what I mean about the Pro drama queens. They bring up how close Pro came to beating Armada, yet since the Armada set I havent seen anyone mention that in the same tournament he lost to Leffen and proceeded to john his hands off about how badly he was playing that tournament. They bring up how poorly rolex does vs m2k, but wont mention m2k's experience against snake vs Armadas. Theyll bring up how M2K was double eliminated in PM by Armada, but keep hush that Armada only entered 1 event while m2k entered 3 and performed subpar in everything based on his results up to that point.

Kudos to Pros accomplishments, but the arguments can't be taken seriously and are kinda funny.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
They bring up how close Pro came to beating Armada, yet since the Armada set I havent seen anyone mention that in the same tournament he lost to Leffen and proceeded to john his hands off about how badly he was playing that tournament.
And he beat Leffen again in the same tournament after adapting. Pro had one set to adapt to Leffen's playstyle, Rolex had faced Leffen at least once before Apex and lost then. Or are you forgetting that Pro had to get through Leffen to get to Armada in GFs?

Rolex doesn't lose to M2K just as Snake. He also loses as Meta Knight and Mario. After a point you can't call MU inexperience.

We still have our wager for SKTAR, Cassio?

Cassio

Smash Master
Its a bet I can't lose so its on as long as youre go for it.

I dont mean when Leffen beat Rolex, I meant when Leffen beat Armada.

And of course M2K is beating Rolex and his characters, he has experience and is the best in the world. What snakes does Armada fight? M2K regularly plays rolex and Zero's pit (who recently took a set off him) and has been playing PM more than before. I dont doubt at this point M2K would scrape Pro and Armada in PM especially if its the only event he enters.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Oh ho ho. Tough words, Cassio.

Since it's a bet you can't lose, you'll have no problem going back to our previous stakes, right?

Also afaik Armada and M2K will be at SKTAR 3 as well. So how's this:

a) $50 on Pro both beating Rolex in the MM and placing above him in bracket. If neither of these happens, you win.
b) $25 on Armada beating M2K in PM singles again. i.e. Either placing higher than him or defeating him any time M2K and Armada face off in bracket.

Insert taunt about how you should take this bet because it's free money, etc.

It's hard to believe I don't actually dislike Rolex at all after a post like this, huh

tauKhan

Smash Lord
LOL @ Cassio Cassio You can't seriosly state that M2K is the best player, when Armada is pretty much unbeaten in the game. He might be, but you can't say that for sure. Also to my eyes Armada wasn't even playing his best in Apex either. He's been practicing smash again, so he is now propably better than he was then.

Cassio

Smash Master
Our old bet stands, but I dont care about Pro vs Rolex. Theyd both lose to good players that know the MU.

M2K only seems interested in PM now, and since Apex has played Zero's Pit over and over again. M2K will beat Armada if they play in bracket but I dont really care about betting on it.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Our old bet stands, but I dont care about Pro vs Rolex. Theyd both lose to good players that know the MU.

M2K will beat Armada if they play in bracket but I dont really care about betting on it.
You're no fun.

Gentlemen's wager, then. If Armada beat M2K at SKTAR, you tag me here and simply say "I was wrong." I do the same if you win. Shake?

Top Bottom