• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all the Smashers that have chosen not to wavedash, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
He really does wavedash and you're all immature for believing that he doesn't. This was a test more than a way to tick people off.
GUYS IT'S BRAWL MESSENGER BACK FROM THE DEAD
comin' in through our windows with mystical tales of whimsy and woe

JohnPants

Smash Cadet
Dude, you were lying in the two threads. If I were a moderator, I would've banned you for that. I'm not falling for that.
What, you still don't believe me? Jesus, how many times do I have to post my screen of the Brawl disk? :laugh:

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
JohnPants makes me want to punch infants. And that's exactly what he wants people to do, is get all hot and bothered, because he's a just a silly troll.

But you're not like some big, bad@$$ troll or anything. You're those little collectible doll trolls my sister used to have. Not cool, TrollPants, not cool.

M.K

Level 55
JohnPants should go take a long walk off a short bridge into a bed of spikes WiTh ANGRY LIONS DEVOURING HIS FLESH AT EVERY MOVE HE MAKES! MWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem...thread close please.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Ever since I have been playing Melee (which was around the time Brawl was announced ) I have tried to learn/master everything except Wavedashing for the fact I don't think it will be in Brawl. I like to think Im training for Brawl.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Slampigs need to stop posting threads about how they like novelty and simple mindedness.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I dunno, I've been playing Melee since the day it came out, my friends play a few times a week...I'd say we're all very skilled at the game, definitely not "casual". I don't think it's right to assume that just because I, for example, choose not to use advanced techniques that that instantly implies that I'm not an advanced player.
I thought the same think 18 months ago. I saw myself as good, advanced even. Now, I can say 18 months ago I sucked, I was terrible. I respect your opinion though. You should actually play with someone who I would call advanced. Seriously, if airdodging is advanced as you get then your not goning to get far. Do you spotdodge (side step)? Who do you play as the most? My brother agrees with you about the edge hogging, and I tell him, tough luck. I think that you should actually try something before you frown upon it. Seriously, go around wobbling and wavedashing with the Ice Climbers, it's fun, HONESTLY!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Was WD even discovered then? But L-cancelling is clearly supposed to be in Melee, it was added in manually, whereas WD was not.
Ok, wavedashing could be taken out. with patches. But I dont think theyll take out L cancelling, or spot dodging.. or those things, or dashdanceing which is just going back and forth really fast of course thatll be in there.

Aside from wavedashing... I dont see any other techniques that would need to be removed on the basis of being non intended, though I believe the wavedash was intended by the gods of ssbm.

Anyhow, later, gotta do some lame dishes.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
See, I see Smash Bros is an extremely deep game without the advance techniques. It's obviously a deeper game with them, but I don't think of Smash Bros as this simple, kiddy game until you unlock the knowledge of advanced competitive play.
That's what you think. But you don't even know the advanced techniques. Trust me, I was like you 18 months ago, and beilve me,the advanced techniques made this game way better. To be honest I think it's a little immature that your not even attempting to trying them. We all here used to be like you, and once we tried the advanced techniques we loved the game more. Seriously, just attempt to join the club before you shoot it down.

And again, your not going to beat a serious advanced player without advanced techniques. Period. I don't care if you've played for 6 years. You know nothing about metagame. Seriously, if you don't L-Cancel, you'll get grabbed a lot, and my Ice Climbers will combo and wobble the crap out of you. If you don't shieldgrab then shfflers (an advanced techniques that allows you to move while using aireals while close to the ground very fast) then you will get owned.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
If you don't shieldgrab then shfflers (an advanced techniques that allows you to move while using aireals while close to the ground very fast) then you will get owned.
REAL good opponents will barely even let you shield grab them with spacing. Spacing is really hard to learn too, and its not even a technique, it just takes experience.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
i am getting sick of people debatin about some little techniques it makes me sick how melee is run by doing chores like wavedashing/shffling makes me think SSb64 is better. I hope brawl is not gonna be as corrupt as melee is

Team Giza

Smash Lord
i am getting sick of people debatin about some little techniques it makes me sick how melee is run by doing chores like wavedashing/shffling makes me think SSb64 is better. I hope brawl is not gonna be as corrupt as melee is
SBB64 had SHFFZ. Which is essentially the same thing as a SHFFL in Melee.

greenblob

Smash Lord
You can't fast fall during an aerial. People have different names for it, and my favorite is "SHZL" shizzle--Short Hop Z-Lag-cancel :p.

Three points:
1. We don't think adv. techs are a chore--after learning to play competitively we've having more fun than ever before.
2. Most of the adv. techs were implemented.
3. The fact that they embraced Z-canceling seems to be a clear sign that they'll embrace the WD and any other useful exploits or glitches that are discovered in Brawl.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You're right. Games having depth is dumb. Tetris online ftw, 1v1 with items?

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
I don't wavedash. I can "tech" as in press L before landing from a hit within 1/3 second, but most of the time, i just hit left/right to roll out the way. A bit of short hopping, fast falling, no lcancel, no wavedash...yep

red stone

Smash Ace
wavedash can't be taken out. if it is, then a godly technique could be born out of it. think about it. wavedashing is just sliding as a result of an angled aerial dodge. they won't take out aerial dodging, i'll tell you that because it was intended. ok say they do take out wavedashing. that means no more sliding. you may not know this, but although you can do anything out of a wavedash, you may not do anything during the beginning of a wavedash. say they stop you from sliding. that would mean that when you aerial dodge towards the ground, you wouldn't slide but just instantly recover and ready to do anything. this would be broken as everyone would start dodging via aerial dodging towards the ground and then punishing those that missed. also you could probably get to the ground faster by dodging downwards toward it. then when you insta recover because there is no more sliding, you can punish those still in the sky.

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
If you don't wavedash, dashdance, or other techs... I think you're kind of a n00b.. The developers put that stuff in the game for a reason.. I don't think it was a mistake.. I bet you're the kid that always bitc*es in Halo when I super jump and snipe you in the face... Instead of trying to get some skill.. All you do is complain.. If wavedashing isn't in brawl.. I'm just going to adapt and kill you... k? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom