• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
no sorry. >.>
I have Yahoo Messenger, but I don't use it anymore.
I just talk with everyone I know though texts. @_@

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think toon links left and right taunt are boring. It should of been him sticking his sword in the ground then pulling it out with faith in him. Somthing like the Ike taunt but better.
I love that one.
It makes him look clueless. ^_^
IMO all his taunts are perfect.

zaf

Smash Lord
no sorry. >.>
I have Yahoo Messenger, but I don't use it anymore.
I just talk with everyone I know though texts. @_@
yahoo ftl,

texts through this site =S

I love that one.
It makes him look clueless. ^_^
IMO all his taunts are perfect.
QFT, all of the taunts are pro, especially if you pull a santi and bomb drop then side taunt. Makes it look as if toon was teleported there or something lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
yahoo ftl,

QFT, all of the taunts are pro, especially if you pull a santi and bomb drop then side taunt. Makes it look as if toon was teleported there or something lol
Yes, Yahoo sucks.
And no i meant on my phone. ^^;
I guess PM's work too though.

Isn't that his entrance? o.O

zaf

Smash Lord
Well if you'd take the risk of getting more damage. I personally think he's down taunt is the best but using his up taunt and having a comment like BALLAD OF OWNAGE would look good.
lol?

you dont take damage when you bomb drop, unless you are ********

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol?

you dont take damage when you bomb drop, unless you are ******** or are Sasuke
fix'd
10sasukemessesbombdropsupinonlinematches

Edit: I was thinking of making a "dairing characters discussion" >_>
A serious one.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Does the first hit of F-smash affect the second hit at all move-degeneration wise?
>_>

Also Santi can you please make that video thread? =)
I feel bad posting vids here. =P

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Aww lame. D=
I wanted to show him something he probably already knew. =P

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ahh wtf
that looks legit

super helpful since when I tether the ledge when I'm far away I'm vulnerable to a hit into a stage spike.

I'll try to replicate that.

Was that WiFi?
No. I got my friend to come over.
My timing was a little bad but I got used to it after a few matches.
But idk I'm starting to think arrows are too amazing.

Santi

Smash Lord
No. I got my friend to come over.
My timing was a little bad but I got used to it after a few matches.
OK so it was offline match.
Meaning it can be done in real matches.

hmmm

interesting.

I have a little find too.
But I want to mess around with it a little more.

It will make Toon's ground game with projectiles rapeeeeee.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I just went to a tournament and did decent. I had to play too many good players, but good news is that I didn't lose to any MKs in a set. I actually beat Vidjo's MK and broke his shield ftw.

Anyway, this is some stuff I realized (some obvious but whatever):

- Zair is ****. Zair > bomb throw, Zair > Nair, Zair > usmash... it's all too good. I should've tested more zair to grab, but imo it was too risky. Tlink seems to be extremely careful, otherwise he'll be punished to hell and back.

- Against some of the good players, arrows seemed to not work well unless they were in the air, or arrow canceled so that they don't expect it. Boomerang also doesn't seem to always be reliable.. Bombs seem to be his best projectile. At least for me.

- TL's aerials are supposedly easy to powershield unless you're trickier with them. Also, if your opponents powershield your projectiles, it can be a pain in the ***.

- Downthrow and then uair after they airdodge. It's too good.

- You can run, full jump rar into a edgehog with the chain. It seems to be pretty safe against characters with tether recovery.

- Seriously, bombs ****.

QUIVO

Smash Master
1: Dojo ($126.00)
2: Stiltzskin ($36.00)
3: Sethlon ($18.00)
4: Pozerwolf
5: Fogo
5: Hylian
7: Rockettrainer
7: Santi
9: Forsaken
9: Rayzorium
9: TuxedoManiac
9: Ice
13: JadedLink
13: Kyas
13: JonBeBonanza
13: Badnewsbear
17: Ic3
17: Comet
17: Doc

$10 entries, so I think it was only out of 17.

Lobos

Smash Master
I just went to a tournament and did decent. I had to play too many good players, but good news is that I didn't lose to any MKs in a set. I actually beat Vidjo's MK and broke his shield ftw.

Anyway, this is some stuff I realized (some obvious but whatever):

- Zair is ****. Zair > bomb throw, Zair > Nair, Zair > usmash... it's all too good. I should've tested more zair to grab, but imo it was too risky. Tlink seems to be extremely careful, otherwise he'll be punished to hell and back.
Yeah, those are all too good. The zair > grab needs to be practiced before use in tourney and if used in tourney don't expect to land it often.

- Against some of the good players, arrows seemed to not work well unless they were in the air, or arrow canceled so that they don't expect it. Boomerang also doesn't seem to always be reliable.. Bombs seem to be his best projectile. At least for me.

- TL's aerials are supposedly easy to powershield unless you're trickier with them. Also, if your opponents powershield your projectiles, it can be a pain in the ***.
Arrows easily get power shielded easily, SHDA isn't really that great vs good players because of that but arrow canceling does work quite often. Bombs are good set ups and can annoy a player to make mistakes.

Santi

Smash Lord
18 entrants I think. 18 or 17.

Umm I won my first match against an Olimar.
Straight games.

Then I had to play Sethlon.
Lost first match. It was one stock and had decent percent.

I won the second one at Lylat.
One stock high percent.

Then he countered Jungle Japes :(
That was either a one or two stock loss
I think it was a one stock low percent.

Then played a Snake named Ice.
He's a real good Snake from Dallas.
Beat him in straight games.

Then played Hylian and lost in straight games and he was at one stock decent percent each game.
It was also my first time ever playing Hylian in tourney so there is still a lot of matchup stuff I need to learn against GW. No Johns. He's too good.

I placed alright but I feel like I played really well against awesome awesome players in a tough bracket.

I did 3 stock his TL though
:D
Nothing to brag about considering it wasn't tourney match but just a game to decide who rode shotgun to Waco.

And I took 5 stock off in crews
:)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, at Cincy's Biweeklies.. I tried using more SHDA and arrows cause this board told me to. It works alright against them sometimes, but against top tier players they eat them.

This was the first big tourny I had been to in awhile and I tried implementing the newer stuff, but of course you had to mindgame them.

Santi

Smash Lord
It's just hard to hit him.

Dair into UpB is just so good.

plus his aerials are sick

AND
Its Hylian.
The man is like Jesus with G&W.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Eh yea, I played Needles of Juntah and Lain. NoJ wasn't so defensive so I kinda got to capitalize on that, and Lain was just a weird G&W that I didn't figure out.

Anyway, powershield the dair and punish. Stay spaced from his aerials, especially bair. You can usually tell what aerials they're going to use depending on where they are or how they move. Like double jump to dair, or if you're above them they'll use nair/uair. What I had problems with is the fair off the stage, sometimes I wouldn't expect it, so I'd get killed.

I dunno what else since you weren't so specific.

Santi

Smash Lord
Eh yea, I played Needles of Juntah and Lain. NoJ wasn't so defensive so I kinda got to capitalize on that, and Lain was just a weird G&W that I didn't figure out.

Anyway, powershield the dair and punish. Stay spaced from his aerials, especially bair. You can usually tell what aerials they're going to use depending on where they are or how they move. Like double jump to dair, or if you're above them they'll use nair/uair. What I had problems with is the fair off the stage, sometimes I wouldn't expect it, so I'd get killed.

I dunno what else since you weren't so specific.
I tried shielding the Dair and punishing after except I didn't know when it was safe to drop the shield and attack. It was my first time playing a G&W. I need to get familiar with the matchup and watch some videos if anyone has any against G&W.

I had trouble edguarding him too
:(

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'd recommend not edgeguarding him face to face, just use projectiles.

Also, if you just shield the dair, drop it after he lands and the little shockwave ends.

If you powershield it, you might be able to usmash him out.

Or, if you expect him to dair from a double jump or something, just time a uair. It ***** him

Santi

Smash Lord
I'd recommend not edgeguarding him face to face, just use projectiles.

Also, if you just shield the dair, drop it after he lands and the little shockwave ends.

If you powershield it, you might be able to usmash him out.

Or, if you expect him to dair from a double jump or something, just time a uair. It ***** him
Alright sounds good.
You have any videos from your tourney?

Top Bottom