• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

zaf

Smash Lord
It's not him as a woman.
It's Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik. -_-

Tetra

It could have all been one charecter too!
With 2 transformations! =(
GAHHH!
would have been my secondary. -_-"
I read some where in the smash wiki, that toon zelda and toon ganon were suppose to be playable chars in the game. People had found data on them in the game. Would have been really cool imo.

When is this thread going to get stickied, deserves to be there much more then some others.

weekly character discussion happened a while ago, so i dont see why it needs to be stickied still.
our video thread really need some work, or a whole new one

zaf

Smash Lord
Also, can some one link me to, or explain how to do the "battlechrist" double arrow trick where he would turn toons body to setup for bairs? I never found a point for it, but i want to test it out anyways.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Buffer a turn approximately a half-second before you do the second arrow.

I think I'm the only TL user that obsessively uses it.
lol why do you do it anyway?
"funzies"? mingames?

Also I was thinking of making a "practical combos" thread for Toon Link.
Sound like a good idea? >_>

zaf

Smash Lord
I don't practice things mid-match.
And I don't see a point in it besides messing around.
Also, were done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nvR9x8tm-I&feature=related
We aren't done. One of my friends at the weeklies uses IC's and always ice locks or grabs all day, but no need to worry. Just space properly and they are easy to kill de-synced.

lol why do you do it anyway?
"funzies"? mingames?

Also I was thinking of making a "practical combos" thread for Toon Link.
Sound like a good idea? >_>
does sound good, we all can add to it as well.

You can camp via SHDA all day. Once they get toward you, pull it off and then bair them away and go back to camping.

However, that mentality no longer works. I do it every now and then in a battle, but it's only decent on non-projectile users.

Of course, I do it in between stocks because my conducting skills suck so no up taunt for me. xD

EDIT: There aren't really any combos in Brawl except at low %. Make it "Practical Toon Link Set-ups" instead.
I guess there really aren't any combos at high %'s, cept for items leading into certain moves.

But as long as there is a good combo thread/set up thread we should all help out

I need a secondary of Marth.

Is TL a good secondary?
toon is a great main, let alone a good secondary

zaf

Smash Lord
I found a pretty cool pic while looking for toon ones to make a new sig. Just imagine that some how me and santi were able to get together to make a huge tourney. I use the blue toon, and he used the red one. I though of this as soon as i got the pic.

Santi & Zaf Presents

Red Vs. Blue

LOL, im sure this would make for an epic tourney.

zaf

Smash Lord
Nah son, I got this.
hmmmm? lol

Also, i went to montreal's weekly again today ( wednesday). I had a lot of success with my toon. Some people were even went as far as to say they had more trouble with my toon then my mk. Which i guess could be a good thing. The only problem i had was my friends marth. I was hoping to go into the fight to come out with some info for everyone, but i dont have much besides using a lot of bombs and zairs.:( Use them for spacing, damage and set up.s

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I need to go to some tournaments man.
But I have no one to go with. =/

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'll be going to a midwest circuit event this weekend, hopefully I'll do well. Last time I went to a tournament, I lost to two Mk's. In loser's bracket, I for some reason went Bowser on Jungle Japes.... That was the only time I've ever really went another character besides TL in tournament.

Good news though is that DSF is going. I'll see how I do against his mk : /

Crank

Smash Apprentice
Buffer a turn approximately a half-second before you do the second arrow.

I think I'm the only TL user that obsessively uses it.
I use it, just not alot. Mainly when I'm approaching with it and I want to turn around for Bair barrages. Besides, it looks cool when you do it :}

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Can you drop a bomb while wall jumping?
I don't want to turn my Wii on... >_>
So does anyone know?

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
It seems as if the jump animation's momentum registers as you pressing forward on the stick for the entire duration of the walljump, causing you to throw the bomb rather than simply drop it. If you waited long enough you could drop it but then that obviously wouldn't be from a walljump, really...If that's what you're aiming for, then drop the bomb a tick after the apex of your walljump

You can, however, simply drop the bomb immediately before you press over to walljump. It should also be noted that from a walljump one can throw the bomb in all four directions.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm...kinda tough for me to test, considering I'd have to get into a situation where the cpu would force me to walltech. :( No friends who play brawl, except online. I assume you're talking about wallteching, since we're talking about walljumping...

In any case, I'd assume that a walltech counts as a walljump. Not sure how quickly you can attack out of a walltech, though...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ehh oh well.
I guess if i ever have to tech while holding a bomb, I'll try to drop it. =P

I thought it might be useful for when someone tries to Stake Spike you.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
For what, exactly? Don't your bombs occasionally function as grenade counters, anyway? Wonder how often that happens, or what causes you to drop your bomb so it hits the opponent...THAT might be worth looking into.

Or were you thinking walltech to bomb to YOU stagespiking THEM with your upb like that one video? Chances are after a stagespike, they're already on their way back to the ledge...Throw your bomb up and...whammy!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Umm I was specifically thinking DK's cargo throw.
Hed have to jump toward the edge, so dropping the bomb directly after he throws me I would drop the bomb and it would either not let him recover// give me a chance to edgehog him.

Also,

Awesomeness.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
hahaha...yeah, that's pretty funny. Hmm...dk's cargo throw is usually pretty obvious. I was prowling around on the DK boards the other day, and apparently they're having problems getting footstooled after their cargo throws. tech to footstool is hilarious, or tech to d-air could be very effective-albeit much more risky. However, if the DK airdodges, I'm nearly certain they can't make it back with their meager vertical recovery and second jump. :) So...you both die and Dk doesn't do it again.

HOWEVER...you gotta be careful, now. <_<

the thread I was reading was actually about a solution to the problem I mentioned. They'll just throw you UNDER the stage, ala kirbycide. i think toon link might have a good enough recovery to defeat this, but I dunno.

Santi

Smash Lord
I tech the stage spike now
:D
my recovering has evolved from playing crazy gimping bat balls everyday

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ehh I guess that'll be easier to tech. We should probably be able to recover easily.
Not a problem. =P

I don't get footstooled/edgehogged by anyone else from playing a cheap Wario. >_>

Also, my next post will be the most epic thing I have ever done.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess they can still stagespike you again with a rising nair/uair on their way back up...I'm sure a good player would do this every time to ensure your demise, so beware. :)

And now I'm beating a dead horse, talking too much when I'm not even that talented a brawler.. <_<

*goes back to lurk moar*

zaf

Smash Lord
Zaf get some videos up dude.
I want to, but i need to get a better recording device or just use my gf's pro camera. I will try to have some up by this tuesday night.

hahaha...yeah, that's pretty funny. Hmm...dk's cargo throw is usually pretty obvious. I was prowling around on the DK boards the other day, and apparently they're having problems getting footstooled after their cargo throws. tech to footstool is hilarious, or tech to d-air could be very effective-albeit much more risky. However, if the DK airdodges, I'm nearly certain they can't make it back with their meager vertical recovery and second jump. :) So...you both die and Dk doesn't do it again.

HOWEVER...you gotta be careful, now. <_<

the thread I was reading was actually about a solution to the problem I mentioned. They'll just throw you UNDER the stage, ala kirbycide. i think toon link might have a good enough recovery to defeat this, but I dunno.
What about teching into a nair? Sometimes the nair will carry the char over to your other side, and your second swipe will hit them also. If the second hit does hit them, it should cause them to stage spike no?

Anyone else get what i mean?

I find marth harder then an mk o.o!!!!

It really, really does.
This is enlightenment right here son. =O
haha
no way christian bale could be mk =[

zaf

Smash Lord
I believe Marth is a faster character in terms of speed, not necessarily attacks. His nair hurts bad, the range is to much. Your projectiles could be negated just by the marth fair-ing them while coming towards you. He doesn't need to fair, but it is effect for covering distance.

Bombs and boomerang is good against him, it was effect for me, shield grabbing is great. I love the hook shot for spacing, attacking and out prioritizing marths attacks.

nair and bair when you can. besides that it is =[

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol I don't think any Toon Link user would say Marth is bad.
I mean we all practically mained him in Melee. =P

Save it for a Marth discussion zaf.
Might as well not have to repeat yourself. =)

I personally can't wait till we have a Wario discussion so I can bust out my info. lol

zaf

Smash Lord
lol I don't think any Toon Link user would say Marth is bad.
I mean we all practically mained him in Melee. =P

Save it for a Marth discussion zaf.
Might as well not have to repeat yourself. =)

I personally can't wait till we have a Wario discussion so I can bust out my info. lol
yea i should just wait for a marth discussion. I mained him too, so i got somein info on him. I wouldnt ever say marth was bad. I did main him in melee too tbh =P

dude, all you play against is a wario o.o!!!! send some info

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I want to make a discussion... >_>
But no one really takes me seriously lol. Can't blame em.

Noo I play lots of people.
The Wario matches are just the funnest. ^_^

Top Bottom