• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on Landing the Wario Waft

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
It's obvious the Wario Waft is one of Wario's best kill moves, as well as one hell of a recovery move. However, as awesome as Wario is, we all know he has incredibly low range for most of his moveset. I can manage around with the F-Smash, N-Air, F-Air, F-Tilt, as well as other moves, but the one move I have terrible luck is the Wario Waft. So I ask you Wario mainers, do you have tips to help me land the Wario Waft? Usually a U-Air at low %, followed by the Wario Waft works well, but I need more opportunities. Thanks a bunch. =)

Ace55

Smash Lord
Combo at low percent, predict or punish at high percent. I really don't know what else to say about it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I hit with this a lot when people are standing a little over the ledge. Just go below them and smash your face into their feet.

datazndude91

Smash Rookie
i don't know if this helps, but i catch a lot of people by predicting their air dodge while they're jumping back on stage (try not to get too close, if does have horizontal range afterall). or get them when they recover from a ledge.
but really, getting them unexpectedly/off guard is the key, so don't do it all the time, and don't always wait for it to be fully charged because they'll be watching out for it.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I don't main Wario, but I've tried to find ways to do this since I am so bad at hitting with it. Sometimes, I knock people over with something like fsmash or ftilt then jump over them or run up beside them and let her rip. I also do what Glyph does.

Oh and sometimes I see the perfect opportunity to let her rip with the wario waft even though I'm not flashing brown. But this is the perfect time to do it: they don't see it coming!

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
when your in a dodge battle (you know, when your next to your opponent,and your both spot dodging, and doing lagless attacks waiting to see who will get the net hit.) just spot dodge to fart...

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Whenever you're on the defensive and thery are calling the shots, that's when you can pull out the fart to end all things

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I love the Waft, it comes out so fast and at higher levels it has a pretty good hitbox. Its a game breaking move thats for sure, I tend to use it only in emergencies.

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
Easy. Use the Forward throw at an higher %, they fly up. Go for Wario's deadly Uair, they air dodge. WAFT!

*Must be a half charged waft. Full will kill you.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
toadstool jump-waft is nice, and so is fastfall-waft, but try not to be too predictable. air dodges, nairs, jabs, and many other things can link to the waft, just use each from time to time. do it before you glow brown.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I typically come down on someone's head after they have just used a move, or when they're in the air and vulnerable.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I was in tournament last weekend (Pika and Wario vs someone and Zelda)
WE had the Zelda by herself, and we tried to go for a grab combo, the zelda broke out right before I wafted and used her reflector, the waft hit me and pikachu for like 84 dmg (full waft) and I flew up twice as high as a normal full waft and died off the top.

Fart can be reflected? I didn't think it was a projectile.

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
ewww a reflected poot....can fox and falco and more dangerously wolf do it with the big one? could be serious.... anyways in my combo video you'll see my new way of doin it, but heres one... clap poot at o percent works pretty sexily. hard to do tho.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What I like to do is pretend I goofed up trying to gimp my opponent and using it right before they grab the ledge when I'm underneath them. It works all too well on people who are pretty much forced to go to the ledge for their recovery like Marth and Wolf. As for farts that that are not all the way powered up, I try to bait my opponent into doing something like an upsmash or uair and then blow it in their face. Doing it when they are trying to get back up on the ledge works wonders too.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Okay, I just got back from Hylian's tournament.
I've gotten more comfortable with Wario in general, and I landed a bunch of wafts.
It's very important to know the lag of your opponents attacks. Even if it's a little bit.
Being able to just jump in and punish just about anything is a very valuable tool, especially for earning low percent kills.
You can predict air dodges, that's a good way to start landing them.
In this situation: Your opponent is above you, you Uair, they air dodge, you waft them.

Or you could just jump at them to force an airdodge and get a waft that way.
It's really good to edgeguard with the waft. It can interrupt Illusion and a couple other high priority recoveries.

Popertop

Smash Champion
You silly betch.
I meant "just" as in "recently", not as in "five minutes ago." I slept for like 14 hours straight after I got home from the tourney lol.

Top Bottom