• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips against metaknight

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
the post says DI out of meteknights combos.

what is di?

i know you use it to fly out less distance but what does it mean by in a combo?

how do you do it?

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Shield Grenade (drop grenade, pick it up like regular item, hold shield while holding grenade) trick is a godsend against Meta Knight. Even if they abuse their annoyingly good grab range against you they'll still take damage.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
^^ Doing that a lot against a good metaknight will get you killed. All they have to do is grab you and time their up throw so your grenade blows up while you are off screen and you die. It's not that hard to time. The metaknight I play with regularly could time it pretty much every time he grabbed me after I picked up a grenade, hence why I rarely pick them back up after I drop them anymore.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
you must be pretty dumb to not get out of their grab time or pick up a nade and wait 2 seconds before u let him grab you so it explodes the 3rd while ur in the air

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
you must be pretty dumb to not get out of their grab time or pick up a nade and wait 2 seconds before u let him grab you so it explodes the 3rd while ur in the air
No. I am not that dumb. Meta can kill snake at 0% with this and that is exactly why i never keep a grenade in my hand when I am within MK's grab range.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVMJepq5FDA

Shield Grenade (drop grenade, pick it up like regular item, hold shield while holding grenade) trick is a godsend against Meta Knight. Even if they abuse their annoyingly good grab range against you they'll still take damage.
If you do this you are going to get killed by metaknight. And by that ^^ I was assuming he meant drop the grenade pick it back up again and sit near MK in your shield until the grenade blows up. All the MK has to do is grab you and up throw you at the right time and you will die when your grenade explodes and MK will be unharmed. But if that's not what he was talking about, then I was confused and you can disregard what I said.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
It's a risk definitely and I'm not saying it's a flawless tactic, because unfortunatly nothing is flawness against Meta Knight in this game I think, but it's still a very useful tool to mix in there because it can screw up a lot of other things they do in a way few other characters can manage. It's been very useful for me when Meta Knight's have gotten overzealous which they often do. Of course you can't just stand there thinking it's a perfect defense though because unfortunately he has that up throw nonesense too. There's just no real fireproof strategy against MK, everything you do has a degree of risk to it. It's pretty much a think on the fly mishmash of whatever you can muster like the match up thread said. I'll say one more thing, I've never been more happy to have a glitchy tactic like Snake-dash on my side more than I ever have playing video games when I'm using this character against a good Meta Knight.

TKD

Smash Lord
RUN THE **** AWAY!!!
Seriously, get some distance between you and him and get ready to f/U tilt him out of his nado or any other approaches(lol).
Wouldn't running away get him closer to the edge?

Keep grenades handy, don't place the C4 on the stage, you need it for recovery (if you do, blow it up quickly), and most of all, DON'T GET GRABBED (MK may follow dashgrabs up with extreme gimping to KO, even if your stock is fresh).

What I usually do is shield drop a grenade, pick it up and having it with me. Then I suddenly drop it while jumping backwards (so it should blow up soon), or spotdodge if it's about to blow up and I won't drop it in time. If you have time, you can get two nades out. Grenades rock, they're so cool.

I don't main Snake, but I can do as well as any decent Snake vs Metaknight (actually win 40% of the time), so I know the matchup.

You could start learning to play as Diddy Kong (now, because he takes practice until you get good as him). He beats Dedede and goes even against Metaknight, they're Snake's two worst matchups. Snake should be able to do at least as well as you are good against other characters.

EDIT: Oh yeah, to not get grabbed. Umm spotdodge. It's nice to spotdodge after getting a grenade out. It gives you a priceless "can't touch this" moment.

Joh

Smash Rookie
Well, the game starts when Tyrone calls Snake up and he's all
"I bet I can dig more clam than you, boy!" and you's supposed to say
"Aw hell naw." and then you gosta race down to the beach and... uhm...
Well the object of the game is to get decent parking.

Top Bottom