• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TIO Equivalent

LLDL

Smash Hero
There are probably various tournament programs for mac. None of them compare to tio. You'll probably end up getting a crappy limited trial that won't seed properly and has limited entrants capabilities. So, no, basically. And I don't think there are any plans to bring tio to mac, but who knows.

jetzger

Smash Rookie
Awesome.

I'll just learn to seed/bracket by hand. And I guess I'll utilize ma excel and word programs. haha.

Thanks though

Life

Smash Hero
IIRC Wine works on Macs. Dunno if it'll get TIO working properly, but if you haven't tried yet it's worth a shot.

winehq.org

Tero.

Smash Champion
why would anybody want windows on a MAC
doesn't make sence

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You could just run a virtual machine of Windows XP and just run tio with that...unless tio can't run on on XP or something.

jetzger

Smash Rookie
I know bootcamp is the logical choice. Trust me, I've considered it. But I can't afford Windows right now. So it'll have to wait.

I have other options to remedy my issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
tio runs just fine under Wine, but it does crash occasionally. Just save regularly.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
why would anybody want windows on a MAC
doesn't make sence
While the underlying unix code of Mac OS x is better than windows up through 7, Id argue that the overall UI of windows 7 is generally more appealing.

I like the Mac hardware much better than I like using the os.

But there is that thing where u run a lil window of the windows os within your running mac os. Idk if that was the bootcamp thing jona was referring to.

Top Bottom