• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo Limpah! ~ Tingle for Smash Switch

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I've definitely given up hope but you guys might get a kick out of these palette swaps I made way back when:

STANDARD:
KNUCKLE:
ANKLE:
DAVID JR.:
INVERTED/ "CHRISTMAS":
PURPLE/ HAPPY MASK SALESMAN:
PINKLE:
"MANGO":
PURLO:
POSTMAN:
LGBT PRIDE:
"DARK" TINGLE:
FIERCE DEITY TINGLE:
TINGLE STATUE:
GANONDORF:
ZELDA:
REGULAR 35 YEAR OLD MAN:
XXX:
Those are pretty well done You really have some incredible photoshop skills! I specially like the average 35 year old man, I always liked Tingle's look at the beginning of the spin-offs and it'd surely make a great costume! I love the Tingle "Brothers" recolors, they're better than Hyrule Warriors' ones, I don't really like them, they're incredibly white and my friends still think they're all white costumes. I actually prefer Hyrule Warriors' Pinkle recolor though, I don't like how green matches with pink, but it looked great as his backpack, but that's just my taste. Hopefully we could get a Tingle without suit costume when Tingle gets in! Great job man!

I've done a moveset idea for Tingle only including specials. I have various ideas to make an entire moveset for him, but this was done as a practice for MMD, I haven't used it in a long while.

Also here's the DA link if you want to leave a comment there: https://www.deviantart.com/nintendsaa/art/MMD-Tingle-Gets-Freshly-Picked-Smashing-Ideas-761851862

Transform987

Smash Rookie
Tingle's assist trophy still hasn't been shown. Honestly, it really makes you think. Out of all the Zelda characters, Tingle is one of the few truly recurring ones. He actually has many things to create a moveset from. I know that he appears on Great Bay but Toon Link also appears on the train map. While I do think Skull Kid is far more likely, Tingle honestly has a high chance. He's quite popular in Japan and Europe and we all know that every game needs a joke character. I think he'd actually be a pretty fun character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Tingle's assist trophy still hasn't been shown. Honestly, it really makes you think. Out of all the Zelda characters, Tingle is one of the few truly recurring ones. He actually has many things to create a moveset from. I know that he appears on Great Bay but Toon Link also appears on the train map. While I do think Skull Kid is far more likely, Tingle honestly has a high chance. He's quite popular in Japan and Europe and we all know that every game needs a joke character. I think he'd actually be a pretty fun character.
The only problem I have with that argument is that being a hazard and a background element is quite a drastic change, but even so I believe Toon Tingle still has a possibility, or maybe even Tingle by replacing Great Bay's by Toon Tingle, since it seems that Tingle is more commonly referred to his Toon form for some reason.

Transform987

Smash Rookie
Tingle has always been one of the first shown assist trophies, I feel like removing him from that position is rather strange. He's arguably one of the more important Zelda characters, I believe he has had more appearances then Ganondorf (The human form of Ganon). He even had his own games, he has a great amount of moves to choose from. Unlike other Zelda representatives that people want like Skull Kid and Midna, those two have only been in one game (Two, kinda but that's not the Skull kid people mean). Tingle has potential.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Tingle has always been one of the first shown assist trophies, I feel like removing him from that position is rather strange. He's arguably one of the more important Zelda characters, I believe he has had more appearances then Ganondorf (The human form of Ganon). He even had his own games, he has a great amount of moves to choose from. Unlike other Zelda representatives that people want like Skull Kid and Midna, those two have only been in one game (Two, kinda but that's not the Skull kid people mean). Tingle has potential.
I agree, the only problem is that this new Smash seems to be going for the popular choices, so we just may end up seeing Skull Kid. I never wanted Skull Kid or Midna, I always hoped for Tingle or Impa, since they're an important part of the whole series. If Sakurai didn't go with the popular choices we may have ended up seeing Tingle, or maybe, we even end up seeing him hopefully.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
For tingle 9 if you don’t could Smash and HW but count his spin off games. 5 if only main line Zelda,

for Ganondorf... only three mainline games, was cut from one and appears in Hw.

If you want to count Smash because he plays in them 8 games is from my understanding is the only time we see human Ganondorf OOT,WW,TP,HW,Melee,brawl,4,ultimate.three non playable four playable.

Back to tingle for every appearance playable and non playable 13 games.

4 playable the three tingle games and HW, 5 if you count the WW thing,

He also has a calculator app so 14 games?

MM,WW,OOA,TFSA,MC, 2 Solo games, a balloon flight reskin,
the app,HW,Melee,Brawl,4,Ultimate

Last edited:

Transform987

Smash Rookie
He is also kinda in Twilight Princess, that one guy who looks like Tingle is essentially Tingle according to the director of that game. So add another on. He'd be a great way to show the less serious side of Zelda.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He is also kinda in Twilight Princess, that one guy who looks like Tingle is essentially Tingle according to the director of that game. So add another on. He'd be a great way to show the less serious side of Zelda.
Yep. Purlo is a full out scam artist. What's weird is that as bad as Tingle is in WW, he isn't really a scam artist even then. He's just pricey(though at least his own games explain why. It's just business, but also a way of life entirely. His other actions are the real problem, like enslaving his brethren for some reason...).

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Yep. Purlo is a full out scam artist. What's weird is that as bad as Tingle is in WW, he isn't really a scam artist even then. He's just pricey(though at least his own games explain why. It's just business, but also a way of life entirely. His other actions are the real problem, like enslaving his brethren for some reason...).
One isn’t even his brother

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Hey I decided to start a dlc campaign for zelda newcomers in general early before the game comes out to beat evreyone to the curb

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaNew

Tingle technically wouldn't be a Zelda rep

He would be a sub series like wario and donkey kong

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
how can you be so sure?
The main support for this is his spin-off series consisting of Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love. They were fairly popular in Japan, knowing Tingle's also famous there too, although it isn't necessary, since Yoshi, Wario and DK have a lot more games, while Luigi also has his own but didn't get his own icon due to him only having 2 games so far I believe.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The main support for this is his spin-off series consisting of Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love. They were fairly popular in Japan, knowing Tingle's also famous there too, although it isn't necessary, since Yoshi, Wario and DK have a lot more games, while Luigi also has his own but didn't get his own icon due to him only having 2 games so far I believe.
yeah but you still cant be sure which series hed be there on behalf of

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Luigi didn’t get his own icon because he didn’t really have his own game before Smash 64

Yoshi, Wario, and DK have had at least three gameswith their names on it before 64 came out. And then it just increased for Wario until Brawl.

Also remember who was the arcade game named after Mario or Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
yeah but you still cant be sure which series hed be there on behalf of
That'd be Sakurai's decission, after all only one of those games was released outside of Japan, so it's hard to guess which icon he would use.

Luigi didn’t get his own icon because he didn’t really have his own game before Smash 64

Yoshi, Wario, and DK have had at least three games with their names on it before 64 came out. And then it just increased for Wario until Brawl.
Never thought about that, but I have thought that they could still change icons, there's nothing that prevents it, right?

Also remember who was the arcade game named after Mario or Donkey Kong.
no.
also what do you mean by that

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
So uh... Tingle and Impa are the last viable Zelda reps left who aren't already assist trophies. I mean I know he's a stage element and all, but I think if there's a Zelda character for DLC, Tingle may be the top contender now. Not that there WILL be a Zelda character as DLC, mind you...

Honestly, I'd be content with a mii costume at this point.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
So uh... Tingle and Impa are the last viable Zelda reps left who aren't already assist trophies. I mean I know he's a stage element and all, but I think if there's a Zelda character for DLC, Tingle may be the top contender now. Not that there WILL be a Zelda character as DLC, mind you...

Even if he's a stage element his Wind Waker form, which isn't an assist trophy as we all know, could be the Tingle that we could get for DLC, not that it brings any problems to moveset potential, the only difference is the appearance. I still hope Tingle is the one, he deserves it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

You forgot Vaati.

Top Bottom