• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo Limpah! ~ Tingle for Smash Switch

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
To my knowledge, he has yet to be sighted. As of yet, we're still in the clear.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
That is very interesting. I'd be shocked if he's not in the base game whatsoever. Especially considering this is the "ultimate Smash game!" I mean, he's been an assist two games in a row and was an iconic inclusion in the Great Bay. There's no way they would just up and take away both of his previous roles. Of course, this is very similar to what I was thinking last game when Isaac wasn't shown off as an assist, but still, I'm suddenly feeling very optimistic about Tingle's chances this time around. After all, he is very recognized by Nintendo and Smash fans alike. And would fit incredibly well as the "ultimate" surprise/troll character if they were to have one. Hmm...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Bear in mind that not all of the Assist Trophies are even in this build of Ultimate; at most, there are about half the number Sakurai said there would be in the final release. So he could very well still be an Assist this time around and they're just trying to keep us guessing.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Right of course. I'm keeping that in mind. It's just interesting that that wouldn't be one of the assist trophies they would have ready for the build, considering how iconic he is to Smash. I don't know, I just have a weird hunch all of the sudden.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
It's also possible Tingle IS in Termina Bay, and thus no longer an AT, but for whatever reason is considered a stage hazard on the stage and was switched off with the stage hazard toggle. He could also just be an unreleased AT. Or he could be playable. (pls Sakurai) BUt really we just don't know at this point.

link Г

Smash Rookie
He's probably missing from Great Bay because he's still an assist trophy, so as to not have two Tingles appear at once. I guess that's the most likely situation. He might also be cut as an assist trophy but still appear at Great Bay, but considered a stage hazard as mentioned above and thus not appearing since they maybe were turned off in the shown footage.

Tingle's my second most wanted newcomer now that Waluigi once again was rejected. He might have a chance since he's completely missing, though I think Impa has a higher chance as the next Zelda character.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Hey FalKoopa FalKoopa , I made a super elaborate moveset with pictures and everything as well as bunch of recolors for the Sm4sh dlc thread, which seems to have been deleted. If there's any way you can access those, feel free to add them to the op! Not really up for recreating them though.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I don't know about you guys but I think I found some indicative evidence about the future of Tingle.
greatbay.jpg

When Tingle joins the battle, Alphonzo is in charge of the balloon.
Alphonzo: Leave it to me.
great_bay.jpg

In all seriousness he's back on Great Bay.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
It looks like this Tingle regains his Majora's Mask iteration of himself while his Wind Waker assist trophy is nowhere to be seen. And since this Smash game seams to be a-okay mixing Zelda games with their representatives this time. All of this combined I'll say Tingle still has a chance. A slim chance but a chance. Especially if Tingle is based off his duology of DS games.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
If Tingle is the next Zelda newcomer, which is also the first Zelda newcomer since Brawl (Melee if you consider Toon Link a rework of Young), then I will be one salty Zelda fan.

However, if I can get good with Tingle and enrage my friends by winning with him, it will be worth it.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It saddens me that we Americans have to miss out on the Tingle fun. He's so quirky that you can't help but laugh. I wasn't satisfied with Hyrule Warriors until he was included, though I think of him as a rep of his own series than that of Zelda. He isn't the most likely, but he'd be great to have included.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
It saddens me that we Americans have to miss out on the Tingle fun. He's so quirky that you can't help but laugh. I wasn't satisfied with Hyrule Warriors until he was included, though I think of him as a rep of his own series than that of Zelda. He isn't the most likely, but he'd be great to have included.
There are translations of both his games now and they can be *cough* emulated *cough* very easily. They're both delightful, Rosy Rupeeland is a very weird sort of action rpg and Balloon Trip of Love is a point and click adventure game, they have their gameplay issues (I would recommend having a walkthrough nearby for both) but they are hilarious and charming throughout, with a very Earthbound/Warioware-esque world.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Made a Supporter's List for Tingle. FalKoopa FalKoopa , you can use this however you like! :grin:
  1. Drs. FalKoopa
  2. Aussie the Naturist
  3. Jason the Yoshi
  4. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  5. lady_sky_skipper
  6. Cutie Gwen
  7. fogbadge
  8. Kirbeh
  9. Some Beedrill
  10. Tempah Relapse
  11. Wario Wario Wario
  12. KingZing
  13. SmashKeks
  14. Squashinikun
  15. smashkirby
  16. Ze Diglett
  17. TooBadWaluigiTime
  18. Blips
  19. Arcadenik
  20. leprechaunlink727
  21. Golden Icarus
  22. SirCamp
  23. link Г
  24. YoshiandToad
  25. Caravan Of Noobs
  26. smashingDoug
  27. verysleepywolf
  28. MacDaddyNook

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
While I do want Tingle in Smash, I feel like Midna and/or Impa have more of a chance. But, I support!

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Tingle is one of my most supported characters for Smash, he'd be the perfect next Zelda rep for me as well as a joke character, he has so much going for him that increase his possibilities: both his Hyrule Warriors appearance and his own spin-off games appearance could make a potential character for Smash Bros. he could be quite unique in some way, and I'd definitely love to see him playable some day. Tingle could use the appearance from his spin-off games, since it's a bit less unsettling unlike his Majora's Mask or Wind Waker appearance, and it's rather a lot more goofy than these too, I love his personality in those games! Despite all of this, Tingle has already been shown as a hazard in Great Bay, but it isn't a surprise, Tingle isn't that popular outside of Japan, and that's a huge thing to consider knowing Sakurai is pretty much bringing the most wanted characters to us in this Smash, and that's a huge deal of course, also when he's bringing most old stages back, since Tingle was a fun little hazard in Great Bay, and in my opinion it's a lot better than being an assist trophy, so I can see his beauty every single time I play in that stage (although we don't know if he'll be in the Omega and Battlefield versions, would be fun to see him in the background floating around). I'm still hoping that Tingle will make a playable appearance some day, he deserves it.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Tingle is the man

and the ultimate waifu

We have no joke characters and no Zelda characters so Tingle for me would be a perfect fit

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Tingle is the man

and the ultimate waifu

We have no joke characters and no Zelda characters so Tingle for me would be a perfect fit
tingle best husbando, tingle real hero of time, replace every single zelda character with tingle and buffed tingle

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, Tingle has been spotted in Great Bay, that certainly decreased his chances. And with the hints also in the Drect, I'm leaning towards Skull Kid as Zelda newcomer and Tingle echo (somehow? xD) if he's lucky.

He's in a tough position right now, with Great Bay back and that. At least I hope he works like Rathalos and keeps his AT in other stages besides Great Bay.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Well guys, Tingle has been spotted in Great Bay, that certainly decreased his chances. And with the hints also in the Drect, I'm leaning towards Skull Kid as Zelda newcomer and Tingle echo (somehow? xD) if he's lucky.

He's in a tough position right now, with Great Bay back and that. At least I hope he works like Rathalos and keeps his AT in other stages besides Great Bay.
No reason not to, if Knuckles can appear in GHZ and be summoned as an assist, then Tingle and pull it off too.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
It's pretty ridiculously straw graspy, but the fact that we've seen so much footage of Great Bay and Tingle hasn't physically appeared in any of it is giving me a little hope. I know he appears in the stage picture, but it's still weird to me that's the only place he's actually been seen and his assist trophy is nowhere to be found either. Like I said, straw graspy, and I'd be pretty cool with Skull Kid as a consolation prize I guess, but the dream lives on.

Like, I'm not gonna do the research to confirm this, but were there ever times in Melee when Tingle just flat out didn't spawn? Because there have been multiple times when the standard form of Great Bay has been in gameplay footage where TIngle should be visible, either in the air or dancing on the deck, and he isn't there at all.

EDIT: Lol nevermind, here's footage

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
He still has his toon version.

And if King DeDeDe, can be in the background of dream land, and be a fighter. than tingle can appear on a stage And be a fighter at the same time as well

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've felt pretty alone defending Tingle.
It seemed like everyone in America hated him. (I'm European)
I thought Tingle would be cool. Skull Kid is my most wanted Zelda character, but Tingle has always been my second most wanted.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
He still has his toon version.

And if King DeDeDe, can be in the background of dream land, and be a fighter. than tingle can appear on a stage And be a fighter at the same time as well
Take note that being a background element and a stage hazard isn't the same. I also thought that if Tingle still got in he could have his toon version, but personally I wouldn't like that due to...his personality in Wind Waker of course... Also he doesn't have the balloon although they could implement it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Take note that being a background element and a stage hazard isn't the same. I also thought that if Tingle still got in he could have his toon version, but personally I wouldn't like that due to...his personality in Wind Waker of course... Also he doesn't have the balloon although they could implement it.
his toon version does have the balloon

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
his toon version does have the balloon
i havent beaten wind waker plz dont sue me, i mostly played the spin-off tingle games only

EDIT: Yes **** I was thinking about Wind Waker only sorry about that.

His toon version has more to work with, and the version I support more anyways

View attachment 160015
View attachment 160018
View attachment 160019
View attachment 160021
Buffed Tingle as Tingle's final smash please Sakurai.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i havent beaten wind waker plz dont sue me, i mostly played the spin-off tingle games only

EDIT: Yes **** I was thinking about Wind Waker only sorry about that.

Buffed Tingle as Tingle's final smash please Sakurai.
well to be fair its when you use the tingle turner in wind waker but you do see him use it in four swords adventures

Just number it one through four
pardon?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I've definitely given up hope but you guys might get a kick out of these palette swaps I made way back when:

STANDARD:
KNUCKLE:
ANKLE:
DAVID JR.:
INVERTED/ "CHRISTMAS":
PURPLE/ HAPPY MASK SALESMAN:
PINKLE:
"MANGO":
PURLO:
POSTMAN:
LGBT PRIDE:
"DARK" TINGLE: