• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

T-block

B2B TST
Do you mean a role that would give two results, or a comparison between the two?

If the former, Swiss and SK at the moment. This is my first game with Swiss, but I have heard that he is hella hard to read, and the fact that more people didn't jump on his post affirms that for me. SK because I can't read Soup well at all, but that might change once Kat starts posting. If the latter, maybe Nich-Soup, or Nabe-Soup.

Ran is totally null to me... all he is doing is asking boatloads of questions, so I don't have him particularly townie. I think there are better investigation targets though - I bet Ran will be easier to read later on. Agree?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Do you mean a role that would give two results, or a comparison between the two?

If the former, Swiss and SK at the moment. This is my first game with Swiss, but I have heard that he is hella hard to read, and the fact that more people didn't jump on his post affirms that for me. SK because I can't read Soup well at all, but that might change once Kat starts posting. If the latter, maybe Nich-Soup, or Nabe-Soup.

Ran is totally null to me... all he is doing is asking boatloads of questions, so I don't have him particularly townie. I think there are better investigation targets though - I bet Ran will be easier to read later on. Agree?
Just two different investigations. Wouldn't want to limit your options.

Swiss isn't a bad call, I guess. He's good at dying as town, same as me. SK isn't bad either, they won't be bad at living and Kat is harder for me to read than Soup ever was and I dunno how much I can trust his reads on players that aren't Swiss because I haven't seen him in awhile.

I dunno about Ran. In all likelihood, you and I are not gonna be around to read him later. That'll put the duty on someone like Nabe's shoulders and it's a tricky one. He's probably about as easy to mislynch as Nich and I figure an innocent or clearing track could be wonderful for helping him avoid it if he's town.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll tell you what's wrong with your 142.

BS. There's clearly a difference. This even contradicts your 229:

So what's the deal?
There's no contradiction there at all. You were closer than the other two to the scum side of my radar, due to video making a couple points I agreed with and Ran having a better reason for voting me. And I wanted Reyth to answer that, since he was the one that brought it up. :glare:

Jeez, it's like TBlock is the only one who reads. I wasn't talking to any of you.
I don't care who you were talking to, I didn't like that post.

As for your question, yeah sure. I don't like reading him. I mean, if he jumps up and down and throws a tantrum of obv scum play, then I'll lynch him, but as it is, I enjoy myself much more when I can use Swiss as a resource and discuss **** with someone I know gets what I'm saying.
So basically, you don't like reading Swiss, so you'll assume he's town and leave it to others to figure it out? *Dislikes*

Nich, do you think you're easy to push a mislynch on? Do you think your play this day phase has been extremely obv town?
No, I'm not easy to push a mislynch on (In fact, I'll inform you that I have NEVER been lynched as town in a game of forum mafia), and aside from the pressure vote thing, I think my play has been pretty obv town. I'm getting flashbacks to Fire Emblem mafia...

A FoS on you. I haven't liked a single post of yours yet.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@video
I want a post from you giving opinions on DeGrey, Nabe, and SoupKat. I feel I haven't seen much from you aside from some commentary on me vs T-block, so let's hear your opinions on some other stuff going around.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
That's cool. You're not someone I'm really concerned about. Judging solely based on your play here (I don't give a **** about your record) I think you're either scum or going to be mislynched unless a claim saves you. I think you're a detriment. What would you do in my position where you have a player you think is a toss-up for scum and going to be a problem either way? How would you avoid a possible mislynch?

Would you be mad if Tom said he was going to treat KevinM as town at the start of the game?

Do you really think an FoS from you is going to affect me at all? Why should I be worried about a scummy player who isn't even voting me? Ran/Nabe, I also want your take on this.

I'll hold the who's posting information because it doesn't concern you.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I haven't read beyond it but Nich post #155 is bad for one the same reasons.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Do you really think an FoS from you is going to affect me at all? Why should I be worried about a scummy player who isn't even voting me? Ran/Nabe, I also want your take on this.
I agree about Nich, scum or an ML. He would've made an easy mislynch in FE despite what he says. He's easy to string along on one subject though which favours OS-style scumplay, so he stayed alive.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@DeGrey
Right. So if Tom or Frozenflame was in this game and playing like I was, you'd basically give him the finger as well? I have a hard time believing that. And yes, I would have a problem if Tom gave KevinM those sorts of blinders (although I'm aware that he has done it).

Regarding the dumb/scum thing, I'd actually scumhunt a little and figure it out. If I were to lynch every dumb/scum player in this game, it'd mean the death of half the game.

And I don't care what you think about my FoS for the same reasons you don't care about what I think of you. You're either scum or a townie with an ego the size of a planet. However, I'm not pursuing a lynch on you unless I get a more reliable scum read on you.

I haven't read beyond it but Nich post #155 is bad for one the same reasons.
Give some DETAILS. If you think it's bad, say WHY.

T-block

B2B TST
COMPLETELY OFFTOPIC:

Haven't seen you on skype since, so congrats on beating Zex at Genesis. Sexy ****, TBlock.
Haha thanks bro. I actually didn't even know if you played Smash. I'll get on Skype next time I'm at my home computer.

with an ego the size of a planet.
I think it's bigger than a planet ;)

You're so over-eager lol... relax. He's still re-reading.

BTW, I know you wanted Reyth to answer that, and I'm sure he will. My next post just happened to answer your question, and that wasn't going to stop me from posting it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I agree about Nich, scum or an ML. He would've made an easy mislynch in FE despite what he says. He's easy to string along on one subject though which favours OS-style scumplay, so he stayed alive.
Objection. Let me give you what OS (the mafia leader) said after the game. I was almost lynched that game because town was 90% composed of idiots. You were in the scumteam, you should know this. Why are you pretending otherwise?

How I beat all of you.​
*snip*
Nich

You labeled yourself as a PR pretty quickly.

But that said:

I still don't really know why Red Ryu wasn't lynched all game. o_O

Seriously, @town and mostly Zen. Do you remember why the wagon on Nich started? Do you know WHY? Go ahead and read back aroudn the time the deadline extension occurred (post #660) and read aroudn that area.

There was no cohereny case against you Nich. That cracks me up. Probably the most important townie role out there and a random case goes up. XD

It can be a difficult thing to hide a power role with inactivity; it's a pretty fine line. I called it pretty early given how you were playing; as scum, you'd be just as tunnely as normal. It helped I was already scum, too. XD

But making the decision when reading someone as to whether or not they could be a power role is important. Ask yourself "Could this guy have a strong role?" before arbitrarily saying vague clichés to get a wagon on him going.

Beatstick literally voted for you and posted "Derp." to hop on in the middle of the wagon and no one called him out on it. That's how easy your wagon came about because no one had any idea of what to do and the only guy to try to make a case just said really vague stuff.

THIS IS NOT A CASE.

In any other game I'm pretty sure Zen would have gotten lynched for something like that pretty fast, but for some reason this Town was way more emotional than logical. I think it hurt that FrozenFlame, myself, and Nabe were all anti-town and adumbrodeus was abducted so early, but still.

A case should have quotes and shouldn't be disagreements about semantics or the like. You pick up on little things and then use that as a springboard to investigate them further, and then you push based on your findings.

If you're trying to find the axe murderer, you don't tell everyone to kill the first guy with an axe you see. You see him with an axe, then you watch him and ask a few questions.

Looking at zen's pseudo-list up above, it reads completely as personal opinion and "Nich is a power role".

We did want you dead pretty early after your claim.
*snip*

You were pretty obvious about your power role existing and that ended up getting attention put on you, and I'm still not sure why you played that way. I figured you'd be just as tunnelling as normal, which is why I buddied you so hard to direct you. You're rarely lynched D1, if ever, if I recall correctly, so playing your normal style wouldn't have hurt much here I don't think.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
@DeGrey
Right. So if Tom or Frozenflame was in this game and playing like I was, you'd basically give him the finger as well? I have a hard time believing that. And yes, I would have a problem if Tom gave KevinM those sorts of blinders (although I'm aware that he has done it).
You're hilarious and obviously don't know that I don't give a rat's *** about those players. I kinda respect Tom, but I think FrozenFlame is just okay. I also enjoy giving such players the finger regardless of the alignment of those involved. So, since it doesn't make much sense in context, what were you saying here? Put it in black and white for me.

So, you know that it's not unprecedented. You know Tom has done it (as town and with KevinM as scum before as well). Do you really have that little faith in your own abilities or is my scum hunting power so awe-inspiring that you feel it must be put into practice against my good buddy, Swiss?

Regarding the dumb/scum thing, I'd actually scumhunt a little and figure it out. If I were to lynch every dumb/scum player in this game, it'd mean the death of half the game.
It seems to me there is at least one scummy contradiction, a bad vote, and some generally stupid comments. Those would lead me to believe that one such player was worthy of a lynch. Here I am trying to give you a chance to save yourself and you spit in my face.

And I don't care what you think about my FoS for the same reasons you don't care about what I think of you. You're either scum or a townie with an ego the size of a planet. However, I'm not pursuing a lynch on you unless I get a more reliable scum read on you.
My ego has it's own solar system, regardless of alignment. Why does that matter? What were you even getting at here?

No reason to be so overly defensive here, just like everywhere else. I'd much rather he make his notes and get caught up than never catch up and be useless a la Rajam in Superheroes or Roxy in almost every game I've played with him (though he's gotten better about it recently).

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Hey DeGrey, why wouldn't you cop Nich over Ran if you are so worried about him?
Because I'd rather see him vigged and I think he's trying desperately to be lynched and if it continues, he may be. I think Ran is a subject that could use a little more looking into, but I'm unsure how to go about it because I think any sort of exchange will end up making him look scummy regardless of his alignment.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You're hilarious and obviously don't know that I don't give a rat's *** about those players. I kinda respect Tom, but I think FrozenFlame is just okay. I also enjoy giving such players the finger regardless of the alignment of those involved. So, since it doesn't make much sense in context, what were you saying here? Put it in black and white for me.
Would you act the same way towards awe-inspiring player X? I doubt it.

So, you know that it's not unprecedented. You know Tom has done it (as town and with KevinM as scum before as well). Do you really have that little faith in your own abilities or is my scum hunting power so awe-inspiring that you feel it must be put into practice against my good buddy, Swiss?
I'm against auto-clearing purely on principle. If he's scum he's going to play you like a fiddle, and every vote is important.

It seems to me there is at least one scummy contradiction, a bad vote, and some generally stupid comments. Those would lead me to believe that one such player was worthy of a lynch. Here I am trying to give you a chance to save yourself and you spit in my face.
Hmph. "A chance to save myself"? Show me what you're referring to. I really hate it how you just toss around these comments without actually providing the quotes to prove it. Hm, let me try it.

Degray is either a liability or scum since he doesn't care about helping town, insults players for the purposes of insulting them, and some generally stupid comments.

Actually, now that I think about it, all that is true...

My ego has it's own solar system, regardless of alignment. Why does that matter? What were you even getting at here?
I don't care what you think of me except for where you put that vote.

@Overswarm
If this guy is a politician or some other ******** role that tries to get votes, I'm going to be furious. Just FYI.

No reason to be so overly defensive here, just like everywhere else. I'd much rather he make his notes and get caught up than never catch up and be useless a la Rajam in Superheroes or Roxy in almost every game I've played with him (though he's gotten better about it recently).
Point, but I absolutely despise it when people do that sort of thing. If he wants to mention it, either provide evidence in the mini-post, or wait till you're finished reading and do it all at once. I don't care which, just back up your statements.

@Nabe
That was town's fault in general, not mine. You can't fault me for someone else being an idiot, so what was the point of mentioning that at all?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Would you act the same way towards awe-inspiring player X? I doubt it.
Two things. One, I am the best mafia player I have ever seen, so to me, there is no awe-inspiring player X. I am completely serious about this. Two, a player I respect would
not be in this situation.

I'm against auto-clearing purely on principle. If he's scum he's going to play you like a fiddle, and every vote is important.
He's one of a very few players I think has the potential to play me, but if he's scum, our reads can't match. He will have to sell me lies and that will leave him open to examination. No, I don't think I will be played this game.

Let's phrase it this way. It will happen this game, so what will you do about it?

Hmph. "A chance to save myself"? Show me what you're referring to. I really hate it how you just toss around these comments without actually providing the quotes to prove it. Hm, let me try it.

Degray is either a liability or scum since he doesn't care about helping town, insults players for the purposes of insulting them, and some generally stupid comments.

Actually, now that I think about it, all that is true...
There you go again. If you will actually think about the situation, you know that I think you are doing scummy things, yet I am trying to give you a moment to reanalyze and figure out how you can rectify the situation, yet you are making posts like that which lead me to believe you have a scum read on me that is not well reasoned at all and is adding to the pile of reasons I have for not wanting you around later.

I don't care what you think of me except for where you put that vote.
You've already outed that, as a player, you care what people think outside their vote. You did so with an FoS. Don't sell me this line.

@Overswarm
If this guy is a politician or some other ******** role that tries to get votes, I'm going to be furious. Just FYI.
What was his motivation here, Nabe?

Point, but I absolutely despise it when people do that sort of thing. If he wants to mention it, either provide evidence in the mini-post, or wait till you're finished reading and do it all at once. I don't care which, just back up your statements.
And I despise FoSes since, in the long run, they're meaningless and a good way to fake contribution. However, that's what's going to happen. I am much more content with his delayed content than with your bad content. Stop harping on it as it makes you look worse.

@Nabe
That was town's fault in general, not mine. You can't fault me for someone else being an idiot, so what was the point of mentioning that at all?
Dude, you made mistakes or you would never have been in a situation for dumb town to be led onto you. Don't act blameless. Here you are VERY easy to bandwagon with NO form of repercussion. Do you recognize this?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry Im going to have to ask this but I have never seen the acronym "wrt". Somebody please define.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ryker (because I'm sure this isn't Raziek, he isn't that puffed up or insulting)
I'm just putting you on ignore until you say something useful. All you've done is spout insults and insuations that I'm playing badly and shouldn't be left around. You're really reminding me of Zen from All Star mafia. In all your posts, you haven't actually given one quote of how exactly I've played badly that I can defend against. Well, I've got more important things to do than deflate your ego (like actually trying to catch scum), so call back when you've done something useful.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
This is why he's going to have to be lynched, TBlock.

Nich, IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT TRYING TO LYNCH YOU! IT'S BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU GET OUT OF BEING THE EASY DAY 1 WAGON!

The person you need to respond to about a case is TBlock. Be analytical. Look at his argument and see the reasoning behind it. UNDERSTAND the case and why it has merit. Assuming you're town for a sec, which you're making harder and harder to believe, no one else can see your role PM. It's not obvious and you getting lynched in this exchange is not going to magically make your reads hold more weight. In fact, it's going to make your reads disappear and no one will care anymore. SO AVOID THAT.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok, I'm still catching up (on #187) but I am going to need to ask this question so I'd better ask it now:

@T-Block:

1) Do you feel that your initial night action-mechanic speculation was anti-town (objectively; i.e. not the way you meant it but how it is)

2) If not, please explain why and conversely if so, please explain why

TIA.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@DeGray
I've looked and looked, and there's maybe a couple decent points (Yes, I should have made my pressure vote when I first responded to his Night action things, and perhaps mentioning it was a pressure point defeated the purpose somewhat), but nothing that deserves a vote, let alone a lynch. I've already gone back and reread.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I need to reread. Degrey's blatant scumminess has reminded me I need to focus on more than just T-block.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
I agree about Nich, scum or an ML.
:mad::mad:

This is why he's going to have to be lynched, TBlock.

Nich, IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT TRYING TO LYNCH YOU! IT'S BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU GET OUT OF BEING THE EASY DAY 1 WAGON!
Wii call shenanigans.

DeGrey said:
Nich, do you think you're easy to push a mislynch on? Do you think your play this day phase has been extremely obv town?
Questions like these are loaded and don't pertain to Nich being scummy at all. No matter what Nich responds with, you're going to take his response and run with it. Classic "make player X look scummy"

DeGrey said:
What would you do in my position where you have a player you think is a toss-up for scum and going to be a problem either way? How would you avoid a possible mislynch?
What answer are possibly expect here Ryker? What should a townie say to that?

You claim to be trying to help Nich avoid a Day 1 mislynch, yet you're blatantly trying to make him look bad? Get out of here.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
While I'm at it:

@Nich:

1) Do you think that phrasing your vote of T-Block as a "pressure vote" was a proper way of voting?

2) If not, how should you of stated it (if you had the chance to do it again)?

3) What is your view on T-Block's night action-mechanic speculation?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually don't like Ran. If I vote Nich, will you make sure that you investigate Ran tonight? ;|

Still have only skimmed the part before my first post. Don't plan on rereading it more in-depth until Raziek is around.
Why don't you like me, and why are you willing to vote Nich?

Degrey. I will not let you slide by with a town read, and I don't care what you think of my ability. I have to try, so just drop it and scum hunt as usual. I will read you from what actions you committ and what you contribute to the table. If you feel I can't read you, what do you think I should keep in mind to read you correctly?

You give us four crap reads and yet, have you voted?

Why are you trying to bring attention towards Nich, who I don't even think would have been a lynch just for the RVS shenanigans.

I also don't like how you are already pinning Dino sex dance as scum with crap reasoning.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Reyth

Well, hindsight is 20/20, but if I did it again, I'd probably pretend it was a real vote (and have done it in my first post), and reveal it was moreso for pressure later (although I suppose that should be a given considering the point of the game it happened in).

Also, regarding T-block's night action mechanic thing, I think it's mainly a null tell. It's only when that kind of unhelpful stuff starts stacking up it becomes noticable, IMO.

@Kawaii
Finally, someone who sees the points I've been trying to make. What's your opinion on T-block, do I have a good case or should I take a reality check?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
@Nich: I think you both need to look at what you're arguing over, and maybe go in a different direction. I Don't see either of you as that scummy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's cool. You're not someone I'm really concerned about. Judging solely based on your play here (I don't give a **** about your record) I think you're either scum or going to be mislynched unless a claim saves you. I think you're a detriment. What would you do in my position where you have a player you think is a toss-up for scum and going to be a problem either way? How would you avoid a possible mislynch?

Would you be mad if Tom said he was going to treat KevinM as town at the start of the game?

I'll hold the who's posting information because it doesn't concern you.
Just noticed this

I don't think FoS's/HoS's are really neccessary unless you are already voting and you want to vote another, but you only have one vote so you committ to your scum reads and use it.

I also think FoS's/HoS's are better for mylo/lylo situations.

Those aren't really good for pressure. It's like all bark, no bite. Sorta. Let's just say they are woof's, and Votes's are loud barks before the big BITE (lynch).

Votes are info trails that you give out to the town, so people can look back at it later. FOS's/HoS's aren't as easily tracked, and a group of people wouldn't all FOS a person so it wouldn't pressure them.

TL;DR - Votes > FOS. If you are voting someone, feel free to FOS others but vote them later or something. If you FOS alot and don't vote, people may find it scummy and just think you are fence sitting scum, votes allow us to see that you are willing to put your life on the line to find scum.

That's my thoughts on that.

Top Bottom