• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travel

Blackadder

Smash Master
...Nope!

And assuming it's possible and we do, it'd cause some major **** ups anyway.

M@v

Subarashii!
Here is some food for thought(and my theory about this). If humanity learned to time travel, isn't there a high likely-hood that there are people from the future that have visited/are visiting our time?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Here is some food for thought(and my theory about this). If humanity learned to time travel, isn't there a high likely-hood that there are people from the future that have visited/are visiting our time?
They already are. In the future, time control is moderated by a single and dominating government. Those who travel are injected with nanobot spore technology and are followed by invisible eyes; if they ...mess up..., they are instantly killed and are labeled by our time's incompetent medical world as victims of "heart attacks" and other such conditions.

haha Nah I'm just joking. I don't believe in that stuff.

Blackadder

Smash Master
They already are. In the future, time control is moderated by a single and dominating government. Those who travel are injected with nanobot spore technology and are followed by invisible eyes; if they ...mess up..., they are instantly killed and are labeled by our time's incompetent medical world as victims of "heart attacks" and other such conditions.

That is without a doubt one of the oddest theories I've ever heard. Who sits down and THINKS of that stuff?

Do they ever elaborate WHY they think the future is a controlling, evil place?
Or why they just assume that 'Nano spores' can somehow detect when someone has failed their mission?

Weird.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Who sits down and THINKS of that stuff?
Me. Actually, I may have subconsciously plagiarized.
I'm really a practical kind of person who finds that speculation and guessing are horrible when they drive otherwise sane people to bizarre and unfounded theories.

Time travel. I'm sure it's impossible.

The Boss of God

Smash Apprentice
Time travel may be possible. I believe the reason why we see no people from the future is that after a future person has initiated a time travel sequence, he creates another universe that is separate from our own, and therefore we can never actually meet him.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Time Travel" into the past in the way that Back to the Future showed it is impossible. But you can go backwards in time. Read "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. This is a topic that is too complicated for a PRoom thread.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm too lazy, fat and illutarate to read that.

Can I just ask for a gist of Hawking's theory? Or truth, as you imply. Pleeeeease.

(And BTF time travel is easily possible -- you just need Hollywood Science to do it.)

Mith_

Smash Champion
What good can come from time travel? Only thing I can see people using it for is going back in time to get the right lottery numbers.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if it's possible or not, but I hope time travel is never discovered... A paradox will happen and tear the universe apart within a week if it is.(On that note, maybe we'll discover time travel on December 23, 2012? Yay for armageddon theories!)

crewster

Smash Lord
I think that we will be able to eventually, but not for at least 2000 years.
Yes but how do you know they haven't? They could've come but disquized as this time.

arfer

Smash Cadet
We do, as living creatures we travel one second every second forwards in time.

just as I was thinking, but then that means that there is no present. The present is the past, as we constantly travel forward in time by one second.

there is no spoon

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I don't think it's even possible. We only live in a 3-dimensional plane. There should never be a way to travel through the fourth.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
On a similar note to this, as much as I don't expect time travel so to speak, I could see a possibility of viewing the past, assuming we ever find a way to go at >light speed, and get some insanely good telescopes.(ex we get 1 light year from Earth in 24 hours, have a telescope strong enough to see the Earth, we would be seeing 364 days in the past. Similarly, if the waves from television etc managed to continue unobstructed, we may be able to pick up signals from that to see news etc as well.) Traveling in time, however, we would pretty much need to rely on the chance of using wormholes, which may or may not ever be possible.

crewster

Smash Lord
oh? I always thought time was supposedly the fourth dimension
It is

I don't think it's even possible. We only live in a 3-dimensional plane. There should never be a way to travel through the fourth.
We can only see three dimentions but there are the other dimentions around us. If we could find a way to see them...

just as I was thinking, but then that means that there is no present. The present is the past, as we constantly travel forward in time by one second.

there is no spoon
The future will never happen. In the futur it is the present. The future is running away from us!

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
It is

We can only see three dimentions but there are the other dimentions around us. If we could find a way to see them...

The future will never happen. In the futur it is the present. The future is running away from us!
Well, no.
The future exists, since we only travel time one second per second, two seconds or more is the future.

crewster

Smash Lord
That's not what I said. I said that it will never be the future, I didn't say it doesn't exist.

arfer

Smash Cadet
hmm you can also say time is an illusion. It'll never be the future because the future will always become the present, however you can't say anything is in the present since the present is constantly becoming the past... oh god! there is no spoon!

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Time is not an illusion, it's actually connected to space/matter.

Lazlo Falconi

Smash Cadet
Time travel will be possible just ask John Titor. OUTTATIME

(Also, take AltF4Warrior's advice and read A Brief History of Time, it explains all of this nicely.)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

I laughed. That was a pretty neat theory lmfao.

Lazlo Falconi

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, also, time travel is possible, because time isn't a straight line, it's actually more like a big ball of "timey-wimey" stuff.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
hmm you can also say time is an illusion. It'll never be the future because the future will always become the present, however you can't say anything is in the present since the present is constantly becoming the past... oh god! there is no spoon!

No, time is a metaphysical subject that depends on the speed which an event occurs within.
The present does exist.

Lets say that we have a time line.... (in seconds.)

-5==-4==-3==-2==-1==0==1==2==3==4==5

We are at 0 (Present.)

-5==-4==-3==-2==-1==0==1==2==3==4==5
--------------------------------^

As time proccededs, we now find ourselves at 1 instead of 0. 0 is now in the past and we constantly are moving foward execpt we know that the point 0 was reached and past. the time line will continue to move but we will always reach a point in a second.
-4==-3==-2==-1==0==1==2==3==4==5==6
-------------------------------^
-3==-2==-1==0==1==2==3==4==5==6==7
------------------------------^
-2==-1==0==1==2==3==4==5==6==7==8
-----------------------------^

Fin.

Top Bottom