• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Let's cut the tier talk and agree that Meta Knight belongs in the SS tier
on Brawl's tier list. :troll:

Anyone wanna play duh Smeesh Brudders gaym wit mee?

I need to test how my Rabin skills transfer from 3DS to Wii U. So I'll be Rabinning your face, just so you know.

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
Tiers don't really mean that much to me, but I just stay from the top tiers since I don't get as much enjoyment out of using characters like :4sheik: or :4zss: that have weaknesses that are easy to overcome with the right mind as oppose to characters like :4robinm: or :4lucina:who have weaknesses that they struggle to overcome.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Let's cut the tier talk and agree that Meta Knight belongs in the SS tier
on Brawl's tier list. :troll:

Anyone wanna play duh Smeesh Brudders gaym wit mee?

I need to test how my Rabin skills transfer from 3DS to Wii U. So I'll be Rabinning your face, just so you know.
Ok. I'll take you on. I needed something to do.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Man y'all Zelda mains don't know jack. Lucina isn't even close to being even mid tier level. She has absolutely nothing remotely good aside from having a better recovery than Marth and Roy. Her throw setups are ****, her aerials aren't even remotely good. Her attacks aren't anything special considering her tilts don't have the advantage of spacing like Marth does or the setups like Roy. A Marth with no sweet spot is especially glaring because if you haven't notice, if your name isn't Roy or Shulk, swordfighters aren't anywhere being heavily viable at all.

Marth's range is crap now in Smash 4 compared to Melee and Brawl. So you know what that means, Lucina has to be up close and personal and she sucks in that regard. Bring similar to Marth means jack and ****.

Pit and Pitto have no significant difference, none unless you want different type of arrows and Side-B and it isn't anything special. That's why Pit and Dark Pit never separate each other from tier list. But Marth and Lucina are separated by atleast 1-2 tiers.

And saying Robin is worst than Ganondorf?
You are crazy and you don't know anything.

>oh but his recovery is solo gimpable
5-6 characters have gimpable recoveries just as bad as him with with :4littlemac::4ness::4lucas:&:4dk: being easiest to gimp.

And Robin has much better matchups than Ganondorf and more than the bottom 10 than you think. Am I saying he's high tier, hell no.

But bottom five?
You must be smoking something good. He's atleast mid low at worst and mid at best. Mobility is his weakness but spacing and powerful projectiles is gonna keep him/her at the middle of the pack than the bottom of the barrel
Marth's range isn't that bad compared to Brawl, according to people who've studied it. And among swordfighters, Marth and Ike are the closest to being viable (add Pit/Dark Pit if they count), with Roy being somewhat behind (and Lucina behind him). Shulk...is generally seen as not that good, with very little relevant tournament results (supposedly).
Marth and Lucina separated by 2-3 tiers? Lol. She's worse, obviously, but 2-3 tiers is overstating it a lot. She's separated by maybe 1.5 tiers at most.
I'm still confused why people think Robin's bottom five/ten. There was a legitimate argument or bottom ten pre-patch, but now? Really?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'd only ever pre-order a Nintendo game, since those never change in price, and you can usually expect a certain basic level of quality from them (but not as much quantity :p). Would never pre-order a third-party/PS3 game, since if I wait a few weeks or so I can usually get it for much less than the original price (even MGS5 is already €10 cheaper on Amazon than it was at launch)

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
@ ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ Thanks for the matches! :grin: Had lots o' fun. And I'm very pleased with my performance. You put up a good fight yourself.

I would've stayed longer, but we just got the game, and me bros were bugging me to let them play.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
@ ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ Thanks for the matches! :grin: Had lots o' fun. And I'm very pleased with my performance.

I would've stayed longer, but we just got the game, and me bros were bugging me to let them play.
GG. Sorry I couldn't give you better matches, no one ever plays Robin online so I'm not used to fighting him. You did pretty good though and I had fun playing. Kinda wished we didn't play Battlefield over and over, but that's just me. Thanks.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Now let's get down to business, gents.

What's the easiest way to get banned? (just out of curiosity)

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698

Spam some dank memes.

Reviving the Lucina topic. Marth and Lucina are nearly the same except that Lucina does not have the tipper mechanic. It's dumb, imo, that Lucina is to be placed in tiers waaaayyy lower than Marth is in. Is she an inferior Marth? Yes. Is she really bad? No. In fact, Lucina is a pretty good pocket character. Nairo and NEO having pocket Lucinas is a testament to that..

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I can't tell if these people saying Robin is bottom 10 are trolling or just ignorant.
Someone call the police, cause I just witnessed murder.

Talking s*** about Robin in front of Raziek. What everyone else said. The better question though is why do you want to know?
I'm a new here guys.
Hello!

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I don't think Lucina's a pocket for Nairo lol. Didn't he pull her out one tournament and never played her again?
Oh yeah, I forgot he never touched her again in a tournament.. :/ He does prefer using Lucina over Marth during his streams tho.

Top Bottom