• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I think Robin is the best magic user in awakening. :happysheep:

And don't you all realize the nature of amiibos? Do you know who came up with Smash Bros and quite possibly amiibos as well? Masahiro Sakuri. Do you know who created the Kirby franchise as well as produced a significant portion of it's games? Same guy. Do you know who contributed largely to the Kirby Anime? (known in north america as "Kirby Right Back At Ya!") Once again, Masahiro Sakuri. The rest I can just show you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXv4DBXC8s

Skip to 19:00.

Now you all know. We mustn't fall for this Amiibo guise any longer. Stop buying them. I take that back. If you don't buy them, someone else will. Buy them all. And then burn them. Kill them with fire. If you fail to burn every Amiibo figure you own/see/know exists, then the world will be doomed. We mustn't lose hope though. If we stand together, we may be able to stop Sakuri/Iwata and his/their mad schemes. Godspeed, my friends. Godspeed.

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869

And don't you all realize the nature of amiibos? Do you know who came up with Smash Bros and quite possibly amiibos as well? Masahiro Sakuri. Do you know who created the Kirby franchise as well as produced a significant portion of it's games? Same guy. Do you know who contributed largely to the Kirby Anime? (known in north america as "Kirby Right Back At Ya!") Once again, Masahiro Sakuri. The rest I can just show you.

Now you all know. We mustn't fall for this Amiibo guise any longer. Stop buying them. I take that back. If you don't buy them, someone else will. Buy them all. And then burn them. Kill them with fire. If you fail to burn every Amiibo figure you own/see/know exists, then the world will be doomed. We mustn't lose hope though. If we stand together, we may be able to stop Sakuri/Iwata and his/their mad schemes. Godspeed, my friends. Godspeed.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I enter the thread and this is first post I see. I'm lost. :laugh:

:231:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Really? The kid's Amiibos like friggin' grew to actual size while he was sleeping and friggin' attacked everyone. How the hell could it be more simple?! Fine. Don't believe me. I'll just build a bunker and stalk up on supplies to wait out the Amiibo-Apocalypse while all you infidels are subject to Sakuri's reign of terror. This world teeters on the brink of destruction. You have been warned.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I enter the thread and this is first post I see. I'm lost. :laugh:

Tis' just a normal day on the Robin social, no worries.
at least it's not Sonic OC

On a side note, more FE:if stuff :happysheep:

:cheep: My love for Blonde Marth just grows even if it's most likely not canon

I dare anyone to choose Hoshido after reading that. Just look at Marx!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I like Nohr's characters in their fan portrayal more, but easier difficulty... And Random Hot Guy... This game is toying with me again.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Alright. While we await the Amiibo-pocalypse, we might as well have a meaningful conversation. Let's change the subject to what it's supposed to be. Good ol' Rabins. :4robinm::4robinf::4larry:

You know who I love as a character? Robin. Because him and Chromy-wommy's cute little manly relationship is just so adorable. Specifically, I like He-Robin. She-Robin is just a character who exists so that Chrom can see your avatar naked. Yay equality! :troll:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I read it. There's still a very high possibility I'll choose Hoshido. Of course, there's an equal possibility I'll choose the other one. I just honestly don't have enough intel right now to make a decision.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards Hoshido since they seem more good guy-ish than the other ones. But again, I don't have enough intel to really know. I mean, come on. The picture of the Hoshido a few dozen pages back said that they are a peaceful kingdom.

How the hell can they be the bad guys?

And if the story revolves around war (it usually does) since when do the peace loving kingdoms invade the glory seeking empires?

Alright. While we await the Amiibo-pocalypse, we might as well have a meaningful conversation. Let's change the subject to what it's supposed to be. Good ol' Rabins. :4robinm::4robinf::4larry:

You know who I love as a character? Robin. Because him and Chromy-wommy's cute little manly relationship is just so adorable. Specifically, I like He-Robin. She-Robin is just a character who exists so that Chrom can see your avatar naked. Yay equality! :troll:
The Amiibo-pocalypse already hit. I'll probably get the ones I want the same way I got Shulk. Shell out a little more money and just import them from Japan via Amazon.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I read it. There's still a very high possibility I'll choose Hoshido. Of course, there's an equal possibility I'll choose the other one. I just honestly don't have enough intel right now to make a decision.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards Hoshido since they seem more good guy-ish than the other ones. But again, I don't have enough intel to really know. I mean, come on. The picture of the Hoshido a few dozen pages back said that they are a peaceful kingdom.

And if the story revolves around war (it usually does) since when do the peace loving kingdoms invade the glory seeking empires?
Isn't Nohr's story supposed to be about revolutionizing it from the inside out? Chances are you're with good guys on Team Nohr, too, though they may be outliers in their homeland.

D

Deleted member

Wait if she bought all or most of the amiibos, where does she get her funding? Seriously, if $13 isn't anything for her, what kind of nest egg is she sitting on?
She must be grinding over at The Golden Gaffe. That is the only explanation.

I, for one, welcome our new Amiibo overlords.
The skills can be quite captivating.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Isn't Nohr's story supposed to be about revolutionizing it from the inside out? Chances are you're with good guys on Team Nohr, too, though they may be outliers in their homeland.
Perhaps. Again, I'll have to see.

But as I said before, whichever side I choose, is the ONLY side I'll choose. At least if we end up fighting the other side. If not fine, I'll probably play both eventually. But until then, it's one side and one side only for me... Sorry other side. You just got villianized eternally.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Dark Knight is probably one of the most badass classes in the game. But i feel it gets kinda outclassed by basically everything else.
Seriously just imagine if Dark Knights could actually use dark magic in this game.

Shaymikyu

Dark Knight is probably one of the most badass classes in the game. But i feel it gets kinda outclassed by basically everything else.
Seriously just imagine if Dark Knights could actually use dark magic in this game.
I was utterly shocked to learn that Dark Knights and Dark Fliers can't use dark magic.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Young Camilla and Marx is too adorable.

And that bromance has got me all

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Ok. I can't believe I didn't realize this already. Not only are we buying them so Nintendo can have the money to make more of them, but we're TRAINING them too. Not only are we fueling Sakuri's ability to take over the world, but we're TRAINING HIS FRIKIN ARMY VIA SMASH BROS. That's just messed up. Sakuri is a friggin' genius.

And I change my mind about the whole bunker thing. After seeing what they're capable of, I think it's a safe assumption that no one will ever be safe.

Last edited:

Elezir

I already discussed how frustating their supports are, even more with the fact that the confession at the end of chapter 11 is better than the entire support.
IS can write some really good supports, I have no idea why they went with the "we saw ourselves naked in bath!" stuff.
and yes, I wish I could S-support M!Robin with Chrom. the bromance there was so strong, it wasn't transformed in romance just because IS didn't let character have same sex romance.
Understandable, though, Lucina needed to be made somehow.:roll:

The Amiibo-pocalypse already hit. I'll probably get the ones I want the same way I got Shulk. Shell out a little more money and just import them from Japan via Amazon.
:roll:I was half joking about that, of course.aw, c'mon, just look at Marx's face!
If I can gather enough money to get both versions of the game, I'd start off with Hoshido, because I wouldn't want to play the hard game first and then have a shock at how easy Hoshido path is.
and I completely agree with @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu . There's more to this story than what meets our eyes.
Let's not forget the guy writing the game's storyline likes to play around with his audience expectations (If Bloody Monday is anything to go by) He also likes to write a lot of Mystery stuff, so I'm pleased.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ok. I can't believe I didn't realize this already. Not only are we buying them so Nintendo can have the money to make more of them, but we're TRAINING them too. Not only are we fueling Sakuri's ability to take over the world, but we're TRAINING HIS FRIKIN ARMY VIA SMASH BROS. That's just messed up. Sakuri is a friggin' genius.

And I change my mind about the whole bunker thing. After seeing what they're capable of, I think it's a safe assumption that no one will ever be safe.
I recommend that you post your story here: http://smashboards.com/forums/creative-minds.25/
:p

Elezir

I declare you the 'Theory of Conspiracy' guy of the Robin social.:roll:
Now, tell me the conspiration behind all these Sonic OC that are around the internet and always find their way to this thread

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I has a new Avatar.

Edit: Isaac4Smash4

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I already discussed how frustating their supports are, even more with the fact that the confession at the end of chapter 11 is better than the entire support.
IS can write some really good supports, I have no idea why they went with the "we saw ourselves naked in bath!" stuff.
and yes, I wish I could S-support M!Robin with Chrom. the bromance there was so strong, it wasn't transformed in romance just because IS didn't let character have same sex romance.
Understandable, though, Lucina needed to be made somehow.:roll:

:roll:I was half joking about that, of course.aw, c'mon, just look at Marx's face!
If I can gather enough money to get both versions of the game, I'd start off with Hoshido, because I wouldn't want to play the hard game first and then have a shock at how easy Hoshido path is.
and I completely agree with @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu . There's to this story than what meets our eyes.
Let's not forget the guy writing the game's storyline likes to play around with his audience expectations (If Bloody Monday is anything to go by) He also likes to write a lot of Mystery stuff, so I'm pleased.
That's not what I meant at all. I actually think the world needs more dudes who are just so passionate about each other and have so much loyalty to one another that they would be willing to die for each other, and yet are perfectly straight and have no sexual attraction to one another. Saying Chrom x MRobin is canon is like saying J.R.R. Tolkien meant for Frodo and Sam to end up together. I actually find it quite irritating when people say these kinds of things. (no offense towards gays)

Now then. Am I the only one who thinks it's messed up that our dear Saint Garon's son/general person is (judging by the name) a marxist? Get it? Cuz his name is Marx. *croud starts booing*

Shaymikyu

That's not what I meant at all. I actually think the world needs more dudes who are just so passionate about each other and have so much loyalty to one another that they would be willing to die for each other, and yet are perfectly straight and have no sexual attraction to one another. Saying Chrom x MRobin is canon is like saying J.R.R. Tolkien meant for Frodo and Sam to end up together. I actually find it quite irritating when people say these kinds of things. (no offense towards gays)

Now then. Am I the only one who thinks it's messed up that our dear Saint Garon's son/general person is (judging by the name) a marxist? Get it? Cuz his name is Marx. *croud starts booing*
Heck, I'm all for more relationships in general where two characters are so dedicated to each other but not actually a romantic couple. It feels like every time there's a lead male and a lead female who are close, they're in love with each other. Platonic male/female relationships that don't involve relatives are pretty rare as well.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
All this talk of amiibos is making me want to unwatch this thread

Elezir

If it makes you feel better, dear, almost everyone here seems to be having problems with amiibos.
I, myself, have none.

May as well get a good laugh out of this entire situation, I say.:roll:

So please, don't unwatch. I would miss our resident Killager:sadsheep:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Heck, I'm all for more relationships in general where two characters are so dedicated to each other but not actually a romantic couple. It feels like every time there's a lead male and a lead female who are close, they're in love with each other. Platonic male/female relationships that don't involve relatives are pretty rare as well.
It's so sad... :cry:

That's why I would've never considered shipping :4robinm: with :4lucina:.

Until I gave it some thought....

Like most people, I got more of an "Uncle Robin" vibe out of Lucina and Robins relationship. But then, as I was considering who to marry my avatar (whom I was too lazy to customize and ended up plain old boring generic :4robinm:) to on my first play through, it hit me. It hit me like your Dad hits you when he finds out your a lumber-sexual. Time travel stories where a person come back in time to stop the death of their parent are commonplace. That's probably why people didn't get too much "BABAYUM!" out of Awakening's story compared to other FE games; the concept is just too overdone. But you know what's not done enough/at all? Person comes back in time to stop the death of their parent and accidentally falls in love with their parents killer. Gold. 10/10. I'm confident that if there were to be an FEA anime, that's the way they'd go.

Sorry for lack of spoiler window. I'm new here, so I have no idea how to create one. :muffin:

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
=(

I'll start a petition to put amiibos on the censored list! And make talking about them a bannable offense!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If it makes you feel better, dear, almost everyone here seems to be having problems with amiibos.
I, myself, have none.

May as well get a good laugh out of this entire situation, I say.:roll:

So please, don't unwatch. I would miss our resident Killager:sadsheep:
It's just I don't like seeing my fellow tacticians suffer over plastic figurines.
Also I just got me Codename Steam and I know Lion and Tiger Lily will be in my team forever and then I remembered I will never play as the FE characters and get sad:cry:

Elezir

It's so sad... :cry:

That's why I would've never considered shipping :4robinm: with :4lucina:.

Until I gave it some thought....

Like most people, I got more of an "Uncle Robin" vibe out of Lucina and Robins relationship. But then, as I was considering who to marry my avatar (who I was too lazy to customize and ended up plain old boring generic :4robinm:) to on my first play through, it hit me. It hit me like your Dad hits you when he finds out your a lumber-sexual. Time travel stories where a person come back in time to stop the death of their parent are commonplace. That's probably why people didn't get to much "BABAYUM!" out of Awakening's story compared to other FE games; the concept is just too overdone. But you know what's not done enough/at all? Person comes back in time to stop the death of their parent and accidentally falls in love with their parents killer. Gold. 10?10. I'm confident that if there were to be an FEA anime, that's the way they'd go.

Sorry for lack of spoiler window. I'm new here, so I have no idea how to create one. :muffin:
Honestly, I can't ship the two at all, I'm sorry fellow tacticians D:
It just feels wrong to me.

To create a spoiler window, just type "['spoiler']" at the start of the text, and when you're done, type "[/'spoiler']" at the end, without the Apostrophes and the quotes marks.
But honestly? I don't find Lucina related spoiler to be offensive. Not when Nintendo itself already spoiled it big time in Sm4sh. Robin and Lucina's newcomer trailer is just a big spoilerfest.

Yeah, and it's kinda strange in Awakening how some supports between Male/Female only feel "complete" if you do S-support. and there's a awfully lot of romantic hints in A supports...even if one of the characters are already married, or even if it doesnt make much sense for most time.
I always have fun doing Cordelia's support with Gregor after I have her married with someone else.:roll:

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Honestly, I can't ship the two at all, I'm sorry fellow tacticians D:
It just feels wrong to me.

To create a spoiler window, just type "['spoiler']" at the start of the text, and when you're done, type "[/'spoiler']" at the end, without the Apostrophes and the quotes marks.
But honestly? I don't find Lucina related spoiler to be offensive. Not when Nintendo itself already spoiled it big time in Sm4sh. Robin and Lucina's newcomer trailer is just a big spoilerfest.

Yeah, and it's kinda strange in Awakening how some supports between Male/Female only feel "complete" if you do S-support. and there's a awfully lot of romantic hints in A supports...even if one of the characters are already married, or even if it doesnt make much sense for most time.
I always have fun doing Cordelia's support with Gregor after I have her married with someone else.:roll:
I didn't care about the spoiler for Lucina. I didn't want anybody who hasn't played the game yet to know that

Robin is Chrom's murderer. And don't tell me that the game already spoils that for you at the very beginning. During the tutorial, I had no idea what was going on, and disregarded the fact that Chrom's friggin' best friend just stabbed him with a friggin' lightning bolt as some weird nightmarish **** Robin was dreamin' about. It actually makes a little bit of sense. I mean come on. Who actually knew at the time that Robin was dreaming about the future?? SHUT UP WESLEY!!!

Last edited:

Elezir

Does it look like I'm laughing?
Well, I know I have a good laugh everytime I see derpy-face Marth :troll:

Either way, stressing over this kind of thing isn't worth it.
and I just know you'll get your Ike @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy :happysheep:You meticulously destroying our alert boxes will be rewarded.
Until that day comes, will you accept an image of Ike with bunny ears?

What? I only wanted a reason to post this pic here? hahaha, nono..of course not...

Last edited:
Top Bottom