• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So my Robin forgot how to hold a book.
HNI_0082.JPG

I think I held a used up Thunder tome for so long, that I got a new Thunder and the game wasn't sure how to register Robin holding the old one after using the new one.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Robin drilled out little holes in the book, so she can use them like brass knuckles...paper...paper knuckles?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I've been having a hard time on figuring out what to call my amiibos since now I have a Falcon under my command. For my Pikachu, I decided to call him Deltachu since I stuck with the green headband from Brendon/Ruby. Delta Episode = Emerald, which was the design for the head band. For my Falcon, I was really unsure since I didn't even know where to begin with him. I did some research into Captain Falcon and there is something not canon. There is a character in one of the portable F-Zero games who claims to be his son; Kent Akechi. Seeing as how I'm raising/training this amiibo, I thought that would be a nice name since I'd be like a father figure to the amiibo.

Realizing what I did though, I've decided that I'm going to name my Robin amiibo, Morgan (which I'm thinking about getting more than 1.) I'll probably do something similar when I get a Lucina amiibo. Depending on what texture I choose, I'll probably name it whatever child that texture makes. (ex. I'll name it Nah if I use Nowi's, or Severa using Cordelia's, etc.)

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Yo yo I got smash bros wiiU and my NNID is PikachewySAC!
Feel free to add me, fellow robbers! :4robinm:
I kinda suck tbh, but I'm happy with playing for fun. :p

4 people Robin FFAs yuss

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Over 100 new pages since the last time visited... you guys are really insane!

Anyways, I'm back to throw books, and smash guys. And I'm all out of books.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I've been working in the Cigarette cage at Costco today. Business is incredibly slow.

Can't use my phone while in there. So I've been working on Robin guides with a pen and paper lmao.

..... I love you guys.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Anyways, I'm back to throw books, and smash guys. And I'm all out of books.
Using up all your tomes like that... How wasteful.

:troll:

So I've been working in the Cigarette cage at Costco today. Business is incredibly slow.

Can't use my phone while in there. So I've been working on Robin guides with a pen and paper lmao.

..... I love you guys.
Looking forward to seeing what the final products look like! :)

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I can only use my matches so many times, which is why I carry my lighter!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Amazing job Raziek. It's extremely informative and it's always nice to see a guide with some humor :) It's already been said, but you have 10/10 top tier editing skills. :p

D

Deleted member

I like the guide a lot. It's helpful on which stages help Robin and why or why not and what Robin can do to benefit from the layouts. Also, I have to give some credit for having some humor in it!

I hope other character boards will have guides like this.

So it's MS Paint with a touch screen?
You can draw/write on a photo you took with the GamePad in the Wii U version.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Rating done, really neat stuff, and it's the first time I see Kong Jungle on WiiU...yikes, I'm surprised they updated Temple but not this.
Doesn't Arena Ferox suffer the same problem of blocking Robin's projectiles with certain layouts? I found myself struggling during a few matches against friends because of that

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Rating done, really neat stuff, and it's the first time I see Kong Jungle on WiiU...yikes, I'm surprised they updated Temple but not this.
Doesn't Arena Ferox suffer the same problem of blocking Robin's projectiles with certain layouts? I found myself struggling during a few matches against friends because of that
It can, but it's less of an issue, I've found.

In particular, the layouts often facilitate you being able to get a full Thoron charge since your opponent doesn't want to approach you sitting under a platform with Uair threatening them.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651

..... I love you guys.
Raz you are awesome for this and the guide is amazing, good insight and in depth of the Stage Selection for Robin. Also the humorous pictures makes it a lot more enjoyable.

I can't connect a lot or even play Smash because I'm with my family in a Holiday trip, also there's going to be 2 tournaments in my city that I'm not going but I'm in the beach so I can't complain.

I hope that you have a happy new year! (In case I can't connect during these days)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Get hype: Next up is going to be my general play guide. ALL THE WISDOM SHALL SPILL FORTH.

Then after that I'll probably finish the painfully monotonous task of jotting down frame data and overhaul my mechanics guide.

Not tonight though.

Maybe tomorrow night after work. Dunno yet. Depends on whether or not @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker 's gonna be playing Terraria all night like a goon again.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I did a thing.

The Stage Guide is done, stickied, and may double as a discussion thread for stage-specific queries and discussions.
I was able to use some of this guide's strategies to secure an easy victory in my first ever tournament match.

Thanks. ;)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Get hype: Next up is going to be my general play guide. ALL THE WISDOM SHALL SPILL FORTH.

Then after that I'll probably finish the painfully monotonous task of jotting down frame data and overhaul my mechanics guide.

Not tonight though.

Maybe tomorrow night after work. Dunno yet. Depends on whether or not @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker 's gonna be playing Terraria all night like a goon again.
Don't you already have all the frame data for Robin thanks to Croi?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Won a 22-man tournament tonight with solo Robin. Feeling pretty good.

Also motivated someone to pick up Robin too, so yay.

Now for the tournament Tuesday night.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Read through the guide and it was amazing. The average stages coukd have received a bit more love but overall very informative, it made me add Lylat to my picks. I'll definitely rate when i'm not on a crappy phone.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Thanks @ Raziek Raziek for the stage guide. Will definitely have to try out lylat and the transitioning stages more (although Sakurai seems to think we all like FD).

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop
Ok, I decided to introduce myself here too! I'm KeyDrop, a fellow Robin main who just got the game for wiiu, I look forward to discuss the character with all of you.

I'd also really like to get some dittos with some of you, just so I can see how much of a scrub I am, after all what's a better way to learn to know your character than getting destroyed by him? Feel free to add my nnid and contact me if you're up for it.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ Raziek Raziek getting rekt is the top thread on r/smashbros, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5825Wu0WjA

Raziek, how did you react when that happened? Salty? Shocked? Mad?
wat did I just watch

Ok I decided to introduce myself here too! I'm KeyDrop a fellow Robin main who just got the game for wiiu, I look forward to discuss the character with you all.

I'd also really like to get some dittos with some of you, just so I can see how much of a scrub I am, afterall what's a better way to learn to know your character than getting destroid by him? Feel free to add my nnid and contact me if you're up for it.
Nice avatar(almost literally).

Feel free to post details here for others to find. We welcome all players.

That's a lot of spelling errors here, but you're italian, so I can forgive it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom