• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I found another Robin player on For Glory today so I'm pretty happy. He was cool because the first match we had a Robin ditto, we both charged up to Thoron first thing and did our Tipping the Scales taunt. He was fun to play with since he knew what he was doing like Arcfire into Levin Sword strings. He flubbed up a couple times and he didn't ever catch any broken tomes/Levin Swords, but either way it was really fun. Though out of all of the dittos we did, one of them stood out a lot. Went to Colosseum, Id Purpose played, and we just started the match by launching Thorons until our tomes expired. The match almost ran out of time too, there was only 10 seconds left after he died.

I also learned that smash thrown books to a LOT of shield damage. After using Thoron on his shield I then threw a tome at him thinking he would drop his shield. Instead it just shattered so I charged up Fsmash. I broke his shield again in the same match by using a combo of Arcfire and Thoron, and finished up with a fully charged UpSmash. Combined with the music, duration, clashes we traded, and just plain fun I had, It's gonna be really hard to experience a better Robin ditto then how this one played out.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Everyone so crazy about all these DLC characters, signatures and fanclubs and alliances, Sakurai has already expressed dismay over the amount of work Mewtwo is taking, there's no reason to believe he'll release even one other one. Maybe one or two others, at absolute maximum. People are just getting too excited about something so unlikely.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
This is true, with Sakurai not looking into making more DLC. The thing is though people are always going to want someone else to be added, no matter who already might be in. But people can dream. If those dreams don't come true, then they could always look to fan made projects or the next Smash.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I think a lot of that interview was a smokescreen, to be honest. Sakurai said he didn't want everyone to think they pulled what you see all the time with certain other companies, holding back content from the main game to stick behind a pay wall as DLC. What he basically said was "We're focusing on Mewtwo right now; jury's out beyond that". And considering how all out Nintendo's going with Mario Kart 8's DLC, I'd be surprised if we didn't at least get moderate-level stuff.

Although I dunno how extensive it'd be, considering how much harder it is to balance characters in Smash than it is in Mario Kart.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Everyone so crazy about all these DLC characters, signatures and fanclubs and alliances, Sakurai has already expressed dismay over the amount of work Mewtwo is taking, there's no reason to believe he'll release even one other one. Maybe one or two others, at absolute maximum. People are just getting too excited about something so unlikely.
People are desperate to have more.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm in the minority of wanting less, but apparently that's a sin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can personally live with Mewtwo alone, but if there's even a minor chance for more DLC, I'll take it for what it's worth. If there's more, cool. If there's no more, cool.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
:4robinm: fraudulent white Mage Robin
:4wario: Wario Land
How is white mage Robin a fraud?
"Let me ease your pain... by death!"
Does sound more like a fRobin line though...

Also, I'm still kinda sad that Robin got a "You're not ready yet" AND a "prepare yourself!" taunt. If I understood it correctly, those are both references to the japanese lines of Reflet in FE:A, where scale tipping isn't even a thing.

Not that the taunts are bad or anything, I'd just be a lot more excited if I could send off a Pit or Dork Pit player with a "You're Finished!"
And "Predictable!" fits so much better with the Tactician trope that Robin has going on...

Oh well. If we're talking about missed opportunities with Robin, we'd be here all day whining and complaining instead of celebrating the large amount of fan service that we actually got.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here are some...

:4robinm: 90% of the time, default, the other 10%, Amestris Blue
:4luigi: Half of the time, Default, thr other half, Waluigi.
:4pit: Default, along with 'Dark' Pit.
:4ness: Default and File selection screen Ness.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
These are the palettes that I use:

:4robinf:- Pink because I'm a girly girl.
:4lucina:- Purple because I'm a girly girl.
:4villagerf:- Pink because I'm a girly girl.
:4shulk:- Pink because I'm a girly girl.
:4falcon:- Pink because I'm a manly man.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
:4kirby:Default 80% of the time because see my sig, and black alt 20% of the time because he looks like the black mage, which is adorable.
:4pit:Default 40% of the time and pink alt 60% of the time because see my sig.
:4robinm:Green haired male Robin 50% of the time and Red-head fem-Robin 50% of the time because green and red are my favorite colors (plus green Robin reminds me of the tactician in FE7)
:4palutena:Default 50% of the time and red alt 50% of the time.
:4myfriends:Default 100% of the time
:4shulk:Default 50% of the time and Swimming Oil Shulk 50% of the time (gotta show dem abs)

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
:4falcon:: Green, because Green Mario is too mainstream, so i rather play Green Ganondorf.
:4fox:: WOLF :cry:
:4diddy:: Just the fact that i use him makes people upset, so Dixie to make them even more upset :awesome:
:4robinm:: Default, because default Robin is the best Robin :4robinf:
:4wario2:: Biker Wario, sue me.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
:4wario2:: Biker Wario, sue me.
I won't sue anybody over that one. I really like how biker wario looks. I just "hate" him compared to the ramming-speed action gameplay wario could have after the Wario Land series.
Instead, he's all about bikes and farts. Not very true to the character I remember, but maybe true to the vision Nintendo had for him. And frankly, it's not like Wario had the deepest of lores to begin with.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I certainly hope you all have a Merry, Tactical Christmas.

Here's to the season, our bonds, and SSB4!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I seriously doubt we're getting any significant character DLC, if any new characters at all, but all I can say is that let people dream. Some people will never be satisfied with what they're given. I for one have had enough of speculation in this fandom, so I'll just gladly accept whatever meager amounts Sakurai will serve me in the following months or years.

Oh, and happy holidays everyone. :225:

D

Deleted member

Happy holidays, fellow Tacticians! Hopefully you have received books containing various strategies that will help you out in battle!

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
Happy holidays to everyone! My Christmas present of learning how to autocancel (thanks to Supreme Dragon Raziek), as well as learning how to gimp with Nair was realized.

Unfortunately, I have a trip to Pakistan so I won't be able to be here for like a week. Have a very merry holiday, fellow Tacticians!

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Nair. How do you guys use it?
It's a good tool to knock your opponent away which can establish pressure and stage control. I find myself doing it onstage a lot in which my opponent would land on the ground, then I try to judge and react off what they do. So the way I use Nair can lead to some tech chases or gimps if you want to try to be more fancy. Or you can just play a safer and simpler method to just give you some breathing room. It's also not bad for stage spiking on certain stages. Nair is something that I should probably use more since it's a pretty good aerial. It's just I'll mainly go for LS Fairs over Nairs if I have my Levin Sword.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Here's to the Robin boards first Christmas/Holidays!

*Insert Happy Holidays Robin pic here*

Eager to stick with you guys for the next 5-7 years!

D

Deleted member

So I purchased and started replaying Rekka no Ken on VC today.

Aaaaand the nostalgia hit me like a runaway freight train.

;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
Happy Holidays guys, I don't say much, but it's always entertaining for me to check on this thread. So thank you all I guess. Also I hope to keep lurking here with you all well into the next year.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you guys get to enjoy the bonds that you forged with friends and family as much as I do this holiday season.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Hope all of yall enjoy the holidays from one Robin user to every other Robin user! (also @ Zareidriel Zareidriel scrolling down this page seeing your sig for the first time....GDLK 10/10)

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Merry Christmas my fellow tacticians! Hope you have a good time with your families and enjoy your holidays.

So... I found out I'm not bad with this character AT ALL. Not super good but I'm getting the hang of her. I guess I'm sticking with her, and I'll lurk here from time to time

Oh and Merry Christmas (@ Raziek Raziek and @ False Sense False Sense ) and everyone here :D

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Muchas gracias, domo arigatou and Merry Christmas @ Nairo Nairo ! Yeah I love it too, gives me a warm tingly feeling in my gall bladder whenever I see it. Heard good things about your Robin, I would love to have the chance to tip the scales on each other at a tournament sometime ;]

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Merry Christmas to all! I'd have congratulated earlier but Internet over here decided to screw itself.

Let's hope for a prosperous year of strategizing, playing Smash, and most importantly, tipping scales.

:happysheep:

Top Bottom