• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
fades in from oblivion

Helloooooo-
*quickly makes a bunch of lazy gifs*
You guys remembered me *sheds a single tear*
IF OUR TIES ARE STRONG ENOUGH WE CAN REVIVE LOST ALLIES!

Don't forgot @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 .... That drawing will come someday, I believe! ;_;

It could just be a busy time. It's the holiday season, after all.

Or maybe they just don't use Robin much anymore?

I'm still trying to figure out how to credit @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 in my sig for his awesome art.

Oh lordy that's right. RAZIEK KEEP BELIEVING. HOPE WILL NEVER DIE.

It's now a meme in my heart. Use it at your leisure.

I just got caught up with life and wasn't able to check here often, and I got a big history project coming up as well. That, and I've been watching so much Xenoblade lately and I got OR so I'll be running through that as well.

That aside, I cried tears of joy this morning because my parents bought a wiiU. I CAN FINALLY PLAY SMASH IN HD DREAMS DO COME TRUE

It's fine if you don't really know how to credit, it's the thought that counts. Besides, you're a good person, I believe that you won't go around claiming its your own. (I'm not a big advocate of copyrighting my stuff anyways, I'm really lenient. :p)

That aside, I hope you guys had a good christmas like I did, or are having fun over break if you don't celebrate it! I don't know how often I'll be checking here, but I haven't forgotten about you guys!

Last edited:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Happy Holidays everybody! Hope you all have fun on this Smashmas day and may your Arcfire combos ring true!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Rosalina used Moonblast! It's super effective on fighting type Captain Fountain!
Now we need ridiculous names for the whole roster. :p
My mains are Sulk, the emo teenager from Byronic, Ned, the psychic accountant kid, Luke N/A, the time travelling girl with no last name, Robber, of course, and Ten Lank, the really really skinny ten year old with a sword.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
My mains are Sulk, the emo teenager from Byronic, Ned, the psychic accountant kid, Luke N/A, the time travelling girl with no last name, Robber, of course, and Ten Lank, the really really skinny ten year old with a sword.
Amazing. My mains are Sulk, Robber, scene hair space woman who fights by using her children and putting them in dangerous situations, Metroid, suitless Metroid, and occasionally I'll use masked time travelling clone.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Amazing. My mains are Sulk, Robber, scene hair space woman who fights by using her children and putting them in dangerous situations, Metroid, suitless Metroid, and occasionally I'll use masked time travelling clone.
Wow I love me some Robber. I also like using that Crapton Fountain, Townsperson, CharredLizard, Blueninja, Peekatyou, and Lucarina

Occasionally I'll play Little Whopper, Mike, Koopa Kid, and Dark Hole. But I like playing Robber the most since they're so good at stealing their life.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I GOT SMASH WII U.

At first, I seemed worse with Robin, but once I played a bit, she was better than ever. ZSS is even closer to her this time, though.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I can understand why it's not a thing, but what if 8 player smash could be played online. I'm just trying to imagine a room of us here from the Robin boards doing an 8 player smash game, launching Thorons all day.

And then the game would lag so hard from all the Thorons casted and books being thrown around.

I do wish more stages could be played on in 8 player smash though.

Edit: Now that I think about it, those of you with your shiny new Wii U's should exchange NNID's so we could have 4 player Robin smashes a fun time online.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I can understand why it's not a thing, but what if 8 player smash could be played online. I'm just trying to imagine a room of us here from the Robin boards doing an 8 player smash game, launching Thorons all day.

And then the game would lag so hard from all the Thorons casted and books being thrown around.

I do wish more stages could be played on in 8 player smash though.

Edit: Now that I think about it, those of you with your shiny new Wii U's should exchange NNID's so we could have 4 player Robin smashes a fun time online.
I do think 8 player Smash is a fun concept, especially when you have friends over. However, I still find the big matches in Classic exhausting before Round 2 even. Honestly, I don't even know why it's called Classic mode. It barely has anything in common with previous Classic modes. Even the 3DS one felt like Classic mode.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I do think 8 player Smash is a fun concept, especially when you have friends over. However, I still find the big matches in Classic exhausting before Round 2 even. Honestly, I don't even know why it's called Classic mode. It barely has anything in common with previous Classic modes. Even the 3DS one felt like Classic mode.
The Wii U classic really was a let down. I don't like how 90% of the fights involve 5 characters or more. The whole thing just feels like a chore, especially if you'redoing it just to beat challenges. If anything they should have added something in between fights like a Break the Targets or something that wasn't just beat these people.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I gotta agree. While functionally the WiiU Classic mode works just fine, the presentation is just... lame. The map screen from the 3DS version was a lot more interesting to look at, despite giving you less options.

At least they are more generous with collectables in both Classic and All-Star mode.

Shaymikyu

The Wii U classic really was a let down. I don't like how 90% of the fights involve 5 characters or more. The whole thing just feels like a chore, especially if you'redoing it just to beat challenges. If anything they should have added something in between fights like a Break the Targets or something that wasn't just beat these people.
Agreed. It's exhausting since almost every battle has more than 4 characters. I can't even beat 9.0 on the 3DS- I can't even imagine how I'll do it on this one since I haven't even reached Master Core once yet.

I like that idea! It'd be a great throwback to the original SSB. I was actually playing that the other day. I forgot how hard the original Master Hand could be... He was kind of a pushover in Brawl, and not too bad in SSB4 outside of the dumb card attack and Master Core.
I gotta agree. While functionally the WiiU Classic mode works just fine, the presentation is just... lame. The map screen from the 3DS version was a lot more interesting to look at, despite giving you less options.

At least they are more generous with collectables in both Classic and All-Star mode.
I really love that map. It's just so gorgeous... I actually replayed Classic a few times in 3DS even after beating most of the challenges for it because it was actually kind of fun and nice to look at (and the best way to get hats).

Speaking of challenges, it makes me livid how many are centered around Smash Tour. Even doing it once tired me more than Smash Run, and it feels like the worst of Mario Party amped up with none of the fun. I was ahead with the most fighters, and then all of the sudden, a computer took half of mine practically and always moved me away from fighters, and the final fight itself was a total mess.

Oh, and one of the fights on my first run was to beat Yellow Devil, which didn't help my opinion of it. How am I going to get first in it without wasting hours? I can live without Pac-Land, at least, but I'd still like all the stages.

D

Deleted member

I would love like if...you know, I could choose NOT to fight Master Core.
Also, can someone tell me when Robin uses Arcfire in her jab instead of Elwind?
I would think it has to do with Elwind being an infinite variant and Arcfire being the basic 3-hit variant.

A la Captain Falcon having the Gentleman end to his neutral string aside from the jab infinite.

So if you give a little time between the second and third hits you'll use Arcfire as opposed to Elwind.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Grinding for Custom Moves is bull in Sm4sh U. Was this game so meant to be SSB: Kid Icarus UpGrinding Edition? (Lololo occasional Crazy Orders and Trophy Rush)

I personally think Smash 3DS did Single Player better than U did, what's with more balanced or consistent (despite still limited) ways to play it. Smash Run seems a manageable way to unlock customs and grind for money as well.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I would love like if...you know, I could choose NOT to fight Master Core.
Also, can someone tell me when Robin uses Arcfire in her jab instead of Elwind?
Usually, when you tap the button during the combo, it ends in Excalibur, if you hold it, it ends in Fire.
It gets a bit wonky once you loose one of the tomes though, afaik the game will then use the one you have left in either case.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Pressing for Fire when you have no Fire Tome will just end with the second Jab.

Pressing for Wind when you have no Wind Tome will end with Fire since the game still recognizes the third attack button command.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pressing for Fire when you have no Fire Tome will just end with the second Jab.

Pressing for Wind when you have no Wind Tome will end with Fire since the game still recognizes the third attack button command.
I'm almost certain that it doesn't work like that.

If I don't have the right tome when I try to use the jab finisher, it just doesn't activate.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
If I try to use the Fire with no fire left, just nothing happens IIRC.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I never realized this until my friend pointed it out to me, but Robin is a character that really "clicks" with me. I didn't bother getting into competitive smash until Brawl was out and looking back I kinda forced my main onto myself. Due to the fact that I enjoy Pokemon so much, I figured what better character to use than the Pokemon Trainer. I never took the time to play with everyone and see who felt right to me. I liked using him, but honestly the PT was kinda bad and something felt a little off whenever I would play him. I like playing Falcon as much as the next guy, but he felt kind of distant. Like since I wasn't devoting all my focus on maining Falcon that my wins felt shallow.

However with Robin, I feel really connected to him. I think it's due to the fact that I not only enjoyed playing Awakening so much with him, but the fact that I've spent so much time and effort into learning his character. Robin is not only really fun to play with, but he's a character that I got to have plenty of experience and development with prior to Smash. I never really got to experience that when I play Falcon or the Pokemon Trainer. the main character of Pokemon never really develops or shows character. Falcon only had F-Zero GX for showing off his character, which I played after using Falcon in Brawl. I know I mentioned this several times, but I was going to main Greninja and have Robin as a secondary. However after playing both, Robin felt more fun.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record though, being all like "I love Robin!" so much. Then again, I wouldn't be spending so much time here on these boards if I didn't.

TL;DR= I've realized that I main Robin not only because I love their character, but also they play really natural to me. Devoting a bunch of time and effort into learning them, and then winning with them feels great. I don't think I've ever felt this good with a character and I can't express my love enough for Robin. I shouldn't watch the trailer multiple times and then go through these boards.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Each one that piqued my interest. Some were not useful. There are actually several other ones (Pivot Arcfire, for example) that I intend to raise from the dead as well, as talking about and researching them would be beneficial to developing strategy. I would like to make a new thread about some of these topics, but seeing as how they already exist, I thought it would be prudent to make use of them.

And furthermore, these boards had more life BEFORE Robin even came out! And it seems like everyone left! Did people just find Robin too difficult to play and give up? I thought the boards needed a little boost. If my actions annoyed anyone, I apologize.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It was a lot easier to speculate about stuff that COULD be than talk about things that exist.

Further discussion also got more centralized when we put up an actual Q&A thread to cut down on the number of unnecessary threads.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I never realized this until my friend pointed it out to me, but Robin is a character that really "clicks" with me. I didn't bother getting into competitive smash until Brawl was out and looking back I kinda forced my main onto myself. Due to the fact that I enjoy Pokemon so much, I figured what better character to use than the Pokemon Trainer. I never took the time to play with everyone and see who felt right to me. I liked using him, but honestly the PT was kinda bad and something felt a little off whenever I would play him. I like playing Falcon as much as the next guy, but he felt kind of distant. Like since I wasn't devoting all my focus on maining Falcon that my wins felt shallow.

However with Robin, I feel really connected to him. I think it's due to the fact that I not only enjoyed playing Awakening so much with him, but the fact that I've spent so much time and effort into learning his character. Robin is not only really fun to play with, but he's a character that I got to have plenty of experience and development with prior to Smash. I never really got to experience that when I play Falcon or the Pokemon Trainer. the main character of Pokemon never really develops or shows character. Falcon only had F-Zero GX for showing off his character, which I played after using Falcon in Brawl. I know I mentioned this several times, but I was going to main Greninja and have Robin as a secondary. However after playing both, Robin felt more fun.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record though, being all like "I love Robin!" so much. Then again, I wouldn't be spending so much time here on these boards if I didn't.

TL;DR= I've realized that I main Robin not only because I love their character, but also they play really natural to me. Devoting a bunch of time and effort into learning them, and then winning with them feels great. I don't think I've ever felt this good with a character and I can't express my love enough for Robin. I shouldn't watch the trailer multiple times and then go through these boards.
Being able to connect with your main to such a degree is amazing and will no doubt be helpful. Helpful in the world where you want to get competitive with your main. It will give you the motivation to really want to represent your character the best you can. Learn everything there is to know about them.

Some may think I just throw around ":4dedede:" for little reason, but, not only do I just like the look of it, but I also adore the character. What you said mirrors why I like the big guy in Smash so much. Same with Diddy Kong in Brawl.
There are some characters I just like to play as, but those two not only are enjoyable for me, but mean a lot to me as characters.
In short, I can relate. :)

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
It was a lot easier to speculate about stuff that COULD be than talk about things that exist.

Further discussion also got more centralized when we put up an actual Q&A thread to cut down on the number of unnecessary threads.
Yeah that makes sense somewhat. It just seems like there are a lot of technical considerations and tons of other things that we could be investigating further with Robin, and it's not getting done. Maybe I'm just rushing things? Oh well. The unwanted threads will float back to the bottom of the pile again in due time, I'm sure.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And furthermore, these boards had more life BEFORE Robin even came out! And it seems like everyone left! Did people just find Robin too difficult to play and give up? I thought the boards needed a little boost. If my actions annoyed anyone, I apologize.
Some of us may have migrated to other Robin-related parts of Smashboards. Some talk here in this social thread, others discuss competitive stuff in Robin research threads, and some are members of a general Fire Emblem social group.
and of course there's some secret places...
I don't think people have necessarily abandoned Robin; it's just that there are more places for Robin fans to frequent rather than all of them being concentrated in one location.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Some of us may have migrated to other Robin-related parts of Smashboards. Some talk here in this social thread, others discuss competitive stuff in Robin research threads, and some are members of a general Fire Emblem social group.

I don't think people have necessarily abandoned Robin; it's just that there are more places for Robin fans to frequent rather than all of them being concentrated in one location.
Oh o_o I had no idea, False Sense. I thought we were all here! Tunnel-vision got the best of me. I daresay that's paramount to tactical suicide. I will widen my gaze. Thanks for the tip!

Shaymikyu

and of course there's some secret places...
Also, there was probably a lot more to talk about during speculation. Anything was possible and so much was in the air to try and predict. What colors would Robin get? What kind of smashes and custom moves? Would the disposable weapon gimmick hurt Robin or add into the strategy?

We know everything in the game now, at least the major stuff, so there's less to speculate about outside of where some characters might stand.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Speculation is overrated.
Talking about things we know and how they interact with other things we know is where it's at. :4dedede:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
TBH, I haven't played as Robin for long times for some reason. But I'll be happy to say that I'm now a serious threat to my lil bro, something I've been wanting to be since last times of Smashing in P:M or Brawl.

Shaymikyu

I've finally started taking pictures, and the Wii U was kind to my girl.

I love the pigtail physics so much.

And here are both my mains posing together.

I'm debating between the one above and the first picture with the Fire Pokémon as my current desktop background (my Christmas one needs to go now that it's over).
And she gets this smug little smile when she wins... And that cloak blowing in the wind... Ans you can see the texture of Ness's clothes and this game is really pretty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom