• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If any of you guys have super specific topics you want me to MAKE SURE are covered, post em here. (For the general guide)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If any of you guys have super specific topics you want me to MAKE SURE are covered, post em here. (For the general guide)
Well, I'm sure you're probably covering these already, but regardless...

-General approaching/anti-approach tactics
-Edgeguarding with Robin
-Utilizing Nosferatu
-U-Air

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
- The practical applications of Arcfire as a dash interception / projectile wall
- The respective benefits of each stage of Thunder
- Timing and practical applications of Nosferatu
- Edgeguarding tactics

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Unrelated:

Related:

-Proper Nosferatu usage
-Strengths/weaknesses of each Thunder stage
-Proper zoning

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
-Good use and applications of Arcfire (Normal, SH Arcfire, Pivot, etc)
-Good Nosferatu use and tricks maybe?
-Anti rushdown and anti approaching tactics
-Approaching
Good use of broken books and Levin could be nice also

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Ok, I decided to introduce myself here too! I'm KeyDrop, a fellow Robin main who just got the game for wiiu, I look forward to discuss the character with all of you.

I'd also really like to get some dittos with some of you, just so I can see how much of a scrub I am, after all what's a better way to learn to know your character than getting destroyed by him? Feel free to add my nnid and contact me if you're up for it.
Welcome! It is always good to see another tactician join our ranks.

-shield pressuring and mix ups
-our best out of shield punishes besides just shield grabs
Thanks Raziek and take your time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm back from vacation... And posting on my shiny new tablet. So, I assume the world didn't go to hell while I was gone? I would have hated to miss any epic battles for the fate of the world.

Unrelated:

Related:

-Proper Nosferatu usage
-Strengths/weaknesses of each Thunder stage
-Proper zoning
Image saved.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If there's one thing I'm curious about, it would be the expended tomes.
-How long we have to grab them after we use them up.
-How far they will go when we throw, smash throw, and aerial throw them

But thanks again Raziek for taking all this time in for the guide and us.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Well, since Robin seems to be a mid-range zoning character, knowing how to deal with rushdown and long-range users like CF, DH, and the Links would be useful things to know.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
-Tilts and how they can help us
-Ledge Grabbing, where can we hit it on the legal/CP stages to maximize safety after Elwind
-Returning to Neutral from above

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I found an extremely old YouTube video from 2007 about random stick figures.

So naturally I had to edit it for my own amusement.

yDx6Jd2.gif

:happysheep:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That was the result of syncing his head with that of the stick figure when it moved.

I can see what you mean though. :joyful:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
So this is a thing.

I think I would've enjoyed this more if the microphone quality was better, especially since I couldn't understand the interviewer at all, but otherwise, I thought this was really cool.

I'M REALLY FEELING IT! :4robinm::4shulk:

Tips on handling combo heavy and fast characters would really be nice. I have a lot of trouble handling marios, diddys, sonics, and sheiks, but that might just be because omega stages don't work in Robin's favor with those type of characters.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So this is a thing.

David Vincent being bald is news to me. For a moment, I swore that the one being shown was David Sobolov(Braev Lee, Lobo, Robocop, Shockwave).

When you look at it enough, though, there's a clear difference.

Nice interview, though. If the mic quality were a little better it'd be nice.

D

Deleted member

So this is a thing.

This was a pretty interesting interview. I'm glad to know what his perspective was when he was told that Robin was going to be a playable character and how he voiced as Robin. I am just curious about how many times he was asked if Robin was going to be playable... or Chrom for that matter.

Also, I have been waiting for Robin to say "I'm really feeling it!" ...Now we just need Shulk's voice actor to say "Time to tip the scales!"

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Robin's really felling it too?

Shulk mains beware.

By the way, how many tacticians are signing up for that front page tournament?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I did not expect David Vincent to be this bald buff dude. I can totally see him as T-Hawk though.
I love that he gets into Robin's role by saying "time to tip the scales!" .
And I love the way how that "I'm really feeling it" sounds. Too bad the mic quality was so shoddy for the interview.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Robin's really felling it too?

Shulk mains beware.

By the way, how many tacticians are signing up for that front page tournament?
I'd like to, but I just can't help but think of the chaos of trying to run an online tournament of that size. I've never participated in an online tournament so I'm a little put off to something like that. It just seems like it would be really hard to run and keep track of everything.

But in the end, if it gives me a chance to play some new people than I'm probably going to enter. It is free to enter anyway :4dedede:

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop
That interview is great, man Shulk must be mad, Robin really feels it better than he does.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
"I'm really feeling it" is really stupid and I really don't want people to encourage it.
I enjoyed hearing Robin's VA say it, simply because it was another VA from the game saying it and I thought that was cool. The same way I'd like to hear Charles Martinet say "I fight-a for my-a friends!" or something like that.

But yes, whenever I hear someone use that taunt online I immediately switch to Shulk and do everything in my power to ruin them.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"I'm really feeling it" is really stupid and I really don't want people to encourage it.
Oh come on. Shulk channeling the the essence of a cartoon crab from a children's show is awesome. In fact, I have this head canon that Mr. Krabs is also able to wield the power of the Monado. Here he is after somehow stumbling upon it on Bionis.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Maybe it was the mic quality, but I couldn't tell that was Robin's voice even though I knew that was the voice actor.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh come on. Shulk channeling the the essence of a cartoon crab from a children's show is awesome. In fact, I have this head canon that Mr. Krabs is also able to wield the power of the Monado. Here he is after somehow stumbling upon it on Bionis.

Plankton Face or riot.

D

Deleted member

I only like Shulk saying "I'm really feeling it!" because I love Shulk's enthusiasm from the line; to me he sounds like he is confident and thrilled that he is in the battle. However, I just hate the meme because it ruins the basis of what made Shulk a fantastic character in Xenoblade Chronicles; casuals or people who haven't played Xenoblade won't think of him as a well-developed character and whatnot, they will think that he is that guy who is "Really feeling it."

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I /hate/ how Shulk sounds in this game. It's like Adam Howden just, forgot how the original character sounded.

Xenoblade!Shulk was calm, sincere, and collected, what you'd expect from a budding researcher. Smash!Shulk is nothing but HAA YAH WAAAH BUSTAH SMASH AIIIIIIIIR SLASH ham. Ugh.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Air Slash is like exactly the same.

And perhaps you've forgotten some of Shulk's more hilarious pain sounds from the original?

Shulk sounds FINE.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think the only thing that sounds really off about Shulk is how he first said "I'm really feeling it!" in the trailer.

A bit too enthusiastic, I think.

Top Bottom