• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Hi Gracidea Shaymin! Whoa, how did you do you avatar?
Someone else posted a render of Robin, someone colored it (I think it was @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A ), and I added the Santa hat.
Sure, Melee has it's merits, but in the end, Brawl has Snake.

There is nothing in that game that I like more than Snake.

except subspace.
I was watching my brother to a playthrough of Subspace, and I hate to say it, but... Honestly, I miss it. It was kind of fun. The cutscenes were great, and the levels were fun, definitely more fun than Smash Run. I wish some variation of it had returned, even if they just had a ton of vignettes that made it up instead of one story.

I'm not sure I have a favorite SSB. It depends on what aspect we're talking about. I have a feeling the Wii U version will take it, though. I love aspects of each one. SSB has nostalgia and simplicity. Melee has some of my favorite stages and my personal favorite variations of the one player modes, like its event matches. Brawl also has some awesome stages and a great roster, and my favorite music in the franchise. SSB4 has an awesome roster, feels nice to play, and my favorite classic mode.

I think my only major gripes with SSB4 are the stage choices (and even then, I love a lot of them) and some of the music choices being inferior to Brawl. Oh, and the weaker one player modes (outside of classic).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Someone else posted a render of Robin, someone colored it (I think it was @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A ), and I added the Santa hat.
Dang, kind wish I could get one.

I was watching my brother to a playthrough of Subspace, and I hate to say it, but... Honestly, I miss it. It was kind of fun. The cutscenes were great, and the levels were fun, definitely more fun than Smash Run. I wish some variation of it had returned, even if they just had a ton of vignettes that made it up instead of one story.

I'm not sure I have a favorite SSB. It depends on what aspect we're talking about. I have a feeling the Wii U version will take it, though. I love aspects of each one. SSB has nostalgia and simplicity. Melee has some of my favorite stages and my personal favorite variations of the one player modes, like its event matches. Brawl also has some awesome stages and a great roster, and my favorite music in the franchise. SSB4 has an awesome roster, feels nice to play, and my favorite classic mode.

I think my only major gripes with SSB4 are the stage choices (and even then, I love a lot of them) and some of the music choices being inferior to Brawl. Oh, and the weaker one player modes (outside of classic).
I just miss any sort of side scrolling adventure mode in Smash in general (and break the targets melee style) :c

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I guess it depends on aspects of each of these games we're talking about when it comes to my favorite Smash Bros. I really do like all of the games in their own ways, and I feel there's some areas that were done better in one game than the other. From what I've read, it seems like the Wii U version is also lacking in the Single Player department, but conversely, local and online multiplayer is stronger than ever.
However, if there's one thing that has 3DS/Wii U version on top, it's that I have both :4myfriends: and :4robinm: in one game, so it makes these games the best for me. :p Speaking of those two, I have to say that I've been exclusively playing as them for so long that I seem to be incredibly rusty with other characters.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'd say Smash 4 is the best by far. So much more balance, unique newcomers, etc. I kind of miss Melee though because PIIICHUUUUU:pichumelee: and of course we can't forget Samus' super wavedash mindgame of death :troll:

So my list would be:
1. Smash 4
2. Brawl
3. Melee
4. 64
However they're all great games, no question about it :)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
In terms of the Smash games, I'd probably rank them like this:

1.) Melee
2.) Brawl
3.) 64

Melee has always been my favorite as it's the one I grew up with, and it includes Mewtwo (yeah, my reasoning is pretty simplistic, I'll admit).

I really like Brawl as well, but some things about it kind of bugged me (exclusion of Mewtwo, slower movement, muted colors, etc).

I've never been too fond of 64, to be honest. That one has always felt just a little too slow and clunky for me, and naturally, it has the least amount of content in a series that would later be known for its sheer volume of content. It does hold a special place in my heart for being the first video game I ever played, though.

Since I haven't played the Wii U version of Smash 4 yet, I don't think I could accurately rank it. However, I feel almost certain that it's going to take the number 1 spot.
I am inclined to comment;

That is one scale-tippingly awesome avatar.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just coming in here quickly to make a small announcement. Coming from @ Locuan Locuan 's recent plea to revamp the Lucina social thread into the Smash thread it originally was(as he moderates the Lucina and Marth boards now), I've taken the liberty of making a new Fire Emblem social group(and apparently it's the first one). The group shall mainly be for FE-centric talk and things like fanart and whatnot, since the Robin social isn't immune to non-Smash talking either. At the moment I've just invited the regulars from the Lucina thread that were mostly talking about Awakening, so if you'd like in, please do tell me.

That's all for now.
I'd like to join. Rideth together we do. Sorry I'm late.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Wow. It seems like Smash Tour is getting a lot of hate. But I suppose it is one of the weakest gametypes in Smash history.
I guess it depends on aspects of each of these games we're talking about when it comes to my favorite Smash Bros. I really do like all of the games in their own ways, and I feel there's some areas that were done better in one game than the other. From what I've read, it seems like the Wii U version is also lacking in the Single Player department, but conversely, local and online multiplayer is stronger than ever.
That's true. Every Smash game had its strengths and weaknesses. SSB was the one that started everything that we know today, but was quite simple compared to the modern Smash games. SSBM had great single-player modes, but lack of balance put a certain few characters over the top(to be fair, SSBB kind of suffered from this). SSBB had one of the best rosters in the series(I think)and had a stage builder, although it was very simple, but its online functionality was total crap. Smash 4 pretty much reversed SSBB's bad online and turned it into something that is actually enjoyable. But as some other users noted, it is lacking in good single-player modes outside of the Orders. Of course, some of these aspects are subject to personal views.
However, if there's one thing that has 3DS/Wii U version on top, it's that I have both :4myfriends: and :4robinm: in one game, so it makes these games the best for me. :p Speaking of those two, I have to say that I've been exclusively playing as them for so long that I seem to be incredibly rusty with other characters.
For me, it was :4megaman:, closely followed by :4robinm:, though I can't help but feel that one more character would've truly pushed the roster over the top compared to the other entries(we lost :wolf: but we're getting :mewtwomelee: back? I'm not really on board with the idea, no offense to any Mewtwo fans out there. Mewtwo just doesn't send me).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Guess who's got a Wii U now!!!! Now i'll finally be able to be an official console tactician :4robinm:
Also KenithTheGatherer now i'm the Ginii U force... get it?...
:awesome:

Last edited:

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
Since people are talking about their list of how the Smash games appeal to them, I think I have to chip in to say that SSB4 is my personal favorite out of all four games released (definitely no bias towards :4robinm:or:4robinf:). It runs between Melee and Brawl, and has some neat advanced techs to keep things fresh for the future. I definitely see it lasting at least longer than the Brawl scene does, especially with the Apex 2015 numbers that were tweeted.

For me, it would probably go...
1. Smash 4
2. Melee (Because of :roymelee:and :marthmelee:)
3. Brawl (Because of :toonlink:,:marth:, and :lucario:)
4. Smash 64 - I'm sorry, I haven't played it ( >..___..<)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Since people are talking about their list of how the Smash games appeal to them, I think I have to chip in to say that SSB4 is my personal favorite out of all four games released (definitely no bias towards :4robinm:or:4robinf:). It runs between Melee and Brawl, and has some neat advanced techs to keep things fresh for the future. I definitely see it lasting at least longer than the Brawl scene does, especially with the Apex 2015 numbers that were tweeted.

For me, it would probably go...
1. Smash 4
2. Melee (Because of :roymelee:and :marthmelee:)
3. Brawl (Because of :toonlink:,:marth:, and :lucario:)
4. Smash 64 - I'm sorry, I haven't played it ( >..___..<)
I like your name man. :smirk:

Also, seeing as I haven't seen you around.......

WELCOME TO THE ROBIN BOARDS. Trust me, you are going to have so much fun here :)

Last edited:

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
I like your name man. :smirk:

Also, seeing as I haven't seen you around.......

WELCOME TO THE ROBIN BOARDS. Trust me, you are going to have so much fun here :)
I was actually really surprised that the name wasn't taken yet, considering that's his main phrase :D I felt very lucky.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to see Robin's metagame flourish and develop, and to increase in skill for all robin players :D

also in regards to the Where's :4robinm:, it is unfortunate to say that you can't S-rank Chrom as a guy, i just picked up the coolest looking fanart i could find in the quickest amount of time :D

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
ds to the Where's :4robinm:, it is unfortunate to say that you can't S-rank Chrom as a guy, i just picked up the coolest looking fanart i could find in the quickest amount of time :D
That's another one we can add to the earlier conversation of if we could S-Support units of the same gender.

And pretty sure that doesn't stop many fan artists.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I was actually really surprised that the name wasn't taken yet, considering that's his main phrase :D I felt very lucky.
Maybe that is the reason why people didn't pick it up. It's Robin catchphrase. in any case, you are very lucky INDEED!
It also makes tagging you to threads easier. Speaking of tagging, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A when should add this guy to the Fire emblem social chat!

Also, thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to see Robin's metagame flourish and develop, and to increase in skill for all robin players :D
You're welcome :). Us Tactician must always stick by each other. WE RIDE TOGETHER!!! *plays we ride together*

also in regards to the Where's :4robinm:, it is unfortunate to say that you can't S-rank Chrom as a guy, i just picked up the coolest looking fanart i could find in the quickest amount of time :D
THanks for clearing that up :). But I mean, you could pretend to S-support them, you know, in a sort of Bromance kind of way.

That's another one we can add to the earlier conversation of if we could S-Support units of the same gender.

I actually want to see what ChromxCoredila would be like

Oh gods, please don't remind us of some of the abominations those fan arts do.

unfortunately there was no safe for work artwork for that pairing oh my god so much s-ranking
*Likes X1000*

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

I'm using that as an excuse to post this, even though I'm pretty sure I already posted it at some point.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I need to get better with Robin!

Somebody show me their tactics in a duel on the Wii U!

please I'm lonely

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Only Robin can get away with forcing certain people to love other certain people in hopes of making an army of super children who will obey his every whim.

Maybe your Robin really is Grima

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I'm using that as an excuse to post this, even though I'm pretty sure I already posted it at some point.
Hey, you gotta admit. Tactician knows best. <3

Chiming in on the series ranking talk... I've been fanatically into each of the games at one point, albeit never particularly good at any of them. I have sooooo many memories of playing SSB64 as a kid with my best friend. I still remember some of the dumb jokes we made about Falcon's gold nipples and some weird cult religious text that we pretended Donkey Kong was carrying around. Then Melee came out and blew my teenage mind with all the new content and the speed and style of the combat. Break the Targets, Classic, and Adventure mode were all great in that game, and collecting trophies was a lot of fun. It was also the hypest game in terms of character unlocks by far. After Brawl was announced, I participated in my first run of speculation and followed the Dojo and forums religiously, trying along with everyone to guess who would join and being severely disappointed when so many of my picks didn't make the cut. Still, I enjoyed the game and it's utter wealth of content, although my enjoyment was tempered by all of the drama over the roster and the mechanics changes. Even so, I have very good memories of my first run through Subspace. It meant a lot to me to be able to escape into the game's world at that time as I was dealing with the death of my father right after the game came out. I followed Smash 4 speculation with the same level of fanaticism as Brawl, and my expectations were almost completely met. I've loved the additions to the roster this time around; so much more diversity than we saw with Brawl's newcomers (ACTUAL FEMALE CHARACTERS), not to mention the addition of our beloved tactician, without whom my enthusiasm for this game would not even be comparable to what it currently is. Add in the best balance the series has ever seen (thus far, anyways) and mechanics that feel like they were made just for me, and I can easily say that Smash 4 is far and away my favorite entry in the series.

Well... I didn't really rank the older games, but you get the idea.

Top Bottom