• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

(x)
THIS KILLS ME.

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
"MOM ON MOM DAD ON DAD MOM ON DAD DAD DAD MOM ON MOM MOM DAD"

And here we can see...Lucina's mom on her dad :laugh:

So somebody bought a defective Marth amiibo with two Falchions:

Seems.. familliar

:p
By the way, has it ever been brought up that Robin seems to have a special victory screen when he wins using his final smash? When I was taking the above screenshot with Chrom and both Robins, I accidentally hit fRobin with Chrom and when it went to the victory screen of mRobin, it was Chrom saying "My strength is yours" with Robin not speaking. Was this a thing in the 3DS version?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
"MOM ON MOM DAD ON DAD MOM ON DAD DAD DAD MOM ON MOM MOM DAD"

And here we can see...Lucina's mom on her dad :laugh:

So somebody bought a defective Marth amiibo with two Falchions:

Seems.. familliar

:p
By the way, has it ever been brought up that Robin seems to have a special victory screen when he wins using his final smash? When I was taking the above screenshot with Chrom and both Robins, I accidentally hit fRobin with Chrom and when it went to the victory screen of mRobin, it was Chrom saying "My strength is yours" with Robin not speaking. Was this a thing in the 3DS version?
So that's why Chrom spoke out instead of Robin. I thought it was just a rare occurrence.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I think I might be a sadist. I just gave my amiibo a piece of equipment which if you perfect shield, a small explosion will happen around you. Despite the rage/sillyness, I think it's actually having a positive affect on me. Or I could just be a mad man who's going to create a ridiculously cheap amiibo that should never see the light of custom-allowed smashes.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So I think I might be a sadist. I just gave my amiibo a piece of equipment which if you perfect shield, a small explosion will happen around you. Despite the rage/sillyness, I think it's actually having a positive affect on me. Or I could just be a mad man who's going to create a ridiculously cheap amiibo that should never see the light of custom-allowed smashes.
Just one?! Give it the whole set! EXPLOSIVE REFLECTING HEALING SHIELDS!!!

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Check out this neato Awakening fan art C:<
The artwork itself is great, I just don't quite get the appeal of the highschool (and harem, seeing as Robin is the only dude on the pic) setting that is popular with manga and anime.

Yeah, we have talked about that. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the Final Smash and is just a small random chance when getting the Chrom victory screen.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
Um, I don't know if this would go under gameplay changes, but do Robin players use the C-stick for tilts, or smashes? I know the other chars use tilts because of the momentum thing going on, but we have the Levin Sword, so...

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Um, I don't know if this would go under gameplay changes, but do Robin players use the C-stick for tilts, or smashes? I know the other chars use tilts because of the momentum thing going on, but we have the Levin Sword, so...
I use the C-stick for smashes still. Often times though, you still have to let the stick go to neutral if you want to pull out the levin sword with the c-stick. This control scheme is good for doing retreating levin fairs and bairs, both of which are decent good spacing tools, especially against aggressive opponents.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I did use the C-stick for Smashes untill Assist Me! made me remember that I could map tilts to it.
It makes pulling them off a lot more reliable. And the C-stick will still always activate the Levin Sword midair. So no worries about that.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just noticed that Robin uses and says the spell Balganone in his final Smash. Gotta love attention to details.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I'm still in the process of collecting it all, but I've been working on our frame data this afternoon.

Auto-canceled Fair, Uair, and Bair all only have 4 frames of landing lag.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So I'm still in the process of collecting it all, but I've been working on our frame data this afternoon.

"Auto-cancel?" Forgive me for my unfamiliarity with technical terms, but what exactly is that, and what are its applications?

D

Deleted member

"Auto-cancel?" Forgive me for my unfamiliarity with technical terms, but what exactly is that, and what are its applications?
Auto-canceling is short for "automatic-canceling." Aerial attacks have a specific window of time where they automatically cancel; it can be beneficial for avoiding punishments and it's important to keep in mind when to auto-cancel a move so that you can follow-up with another move to combo with. The fact that Robin has 4 frames on three of his aerials is quite impressive.
Here is an example of an auto-cancel:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
These are Non Levin aerials correct that autocancel in 4 frames correct?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

The auto-cancel on Uair and Bair is the reason late-hit Levin Uair and Bair combos into sweetspot Uair/Bair for the KO at 100%.

As for Fair, yeah, the move's pretty beastly because of AC. Keep whipping the sword out with no regard like a boss. <3

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan seems to be type to make his Robin go in whether it be in Awakening or Smash, lol.

But yeah, short hop Levin Fair (as you're rising or else it lags) is legit. If spaced properly, it can lead to interesting mix-ups or traps (not sure which one admittedly). For example, I remember seeing Trela's Robin hitting a Palutena's shield with just the tip. Palutena tried to jab out of shield but ended up whiffing since the Levin Fair was perfectly spaced, then BAM, thoron in the face for the game.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
On another note, can I just say that I'm so happy that F!Robin's hair doesn't go through her hood anymore on the Wii U version like it does in the 3DS version? I don't know why it bothered me, but it did, and I'm so happy it was taken out.

Also, only 4 frames of landing lag on three auto-canceled aerials? Goodness, that's somewhat impressive.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
On another note, can I just say that I'm so happy that F!Robin's hair doesn't go through her hood anymore on the Wii U version like it does in the 3DS version? I don't know why it bothered me, but it did, and I'm so happy it was taken out.

Also, only 4 frames of landing lag on three auto-canceled aerials? Goodness, that's somewhat impressive.
Cause the 3ds version has no physics, i.e that's why Toon Link's and Link's chain don't drop to the ground.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
4-4-4 frames of auto cancel??!?!

That explains a lot of my wins recently.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The artwork itself is great, I just don't quite get the appeal of the highschool (and harem, seeing as Robin is the only dude on the pic) setting that is popular with manga and anime.
I just assumed it was because people around that age (high school students) tend to be the target audience for a noticeable amount of anime.
Helps to have a cast of characters which matches your target audience in terms of age. Even if it sometimes then results in some...odd circumstances.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So guys I think I encountered a glitch; I was fighting Crazy Hand in Crazy Orders and I decided to use Nosferatu on that Pac-Man. Well Crazy did that move where he tears open the screen and makes a black hole which grabs you. I was still using Nosferatu when I got sucked in, but I didn't come back out and now my screen is just looking like this now.
zlCfzSwND_wzaTWRTz.jpg

EDIT: It has been 3 minutes since this happened, and he did the tear move again and I'm still stuck :c
I might have to quit out of the game but I got some good stuff...

EDIT2: Well after another good 5 minutes of being banished into the Outerrealms, I had to quit out and lose everything...

EDIt 3: I can't even type correctly while I'm making this new edit out of rage
Well I think I'm done playing Smash 4...
zlCfzSwNpa8xqzkLE6.jpg
It happened again!

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
damn, the game seems to have some pretty noticeable bugs, it's not as bad as a some of the triple A games released throughout the last months, but it's still not very excusable.
ALSO ILY
I mean this one is very situational, but nonetheless it's still a bug that forced me to lose some progress. :c
Though I'm kinda just laughing at myself now that I went through this and at least now I know not to ever use Nosferatu when fighting Crazy. Feel bad for my Robin though, being banished into another world and all.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Wow, I thought I had it bad, but this is a whole 'nother level. :c
Sorry to hear about the losses of your good items and your time Falcon!

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I was on Turn 15 so I'm not all that bummed, but it's still an unfortunate accident :/

If I would have beaten my record and been on Turn 20 or higher, then I would have probably lost it. I never did check my reward stash so I'll never actually know what I lost during those rounds, but perhaps that was for the better.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So guys I think I encountered a glitch; I was fighting Crazy Hand in Crazy Orders and I decided to use Nosferatu on that Pac-Man. Well Crazy did that move where he tears open the screen and makes a black hole which grabs you. I was still using Nosferatu when I got sucked in, but I didn't come back out and now my screen is just looking like this now.View attachment 32792

EDIT: It has been 3 minutes since this happened, and he did the tear move again and I'm still stuck :c
I might have to quit out of the game but I got some good stuff...

EDIT2: Well after another good 5 minutes of being banished into the Outerrealms, I had to quit out and lose everything...

EDIt 3: I can't even type correctly while I'm making this new edit out of rage
Well I think I'm done playing Smash 4...
It happened again!
PLAY AS CRAZY HAND GLITCH CONFIRMED GUISE :4dedede:

sorry...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alright lady and gentlemen tacticians, I need a little advice.

I've had in my signature some potential mains and secondary characters for a while. I'd like to cut some to concentrate on a smaller number, but I'm having a hard time deciding who to get rid of.

:4ness: and :4robinm: aren't going anywhere.

:4dedede: :4luigi: : I enjoy both, probably don't want to loose unless I can find a very large, game breaking flaw (which I don't think exists).

:4megaman: : My second favorite newcomer. If anything, I love his physics, as he controls really well.

:4pit: : Aside from my huge love of Kid Icarus (which I won't get in the way of dropping Pit), I enjoy Pit for the same reasons I played him in Brawl. Good spacing character with lots of fun tools.

:4tlink: : Fun as heck when I play him right. Zoning with the magic satchel is what connects TL to Mega Man, and gives me a reason to enjoy both.

:4gaw: : Best defensive character I've played. Along with his mastery of the air, G&W can go deep offstage with that handy Up-B.

So what do you all think? Who should get the cut, and why? I've played every character in the game, but is there a character that would be a better fit or cover the strengths of two or more of these characters?

Any advice is welcome.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Alright lady and gentlemen tacticians, I need a little advice.

I've had in my signature some potential mains and secondary characters for a while. I'd like to cut some to concentrate on a smaller number, but I'm having a hard time deciding who to get rid of.

:4ness: and :4robinm: aren't going anywhere.

:4dedede: :4luigi: : I enjoy both, probably don't want to loose unless I can find a very large, game breaking flaw (which I don't think exists).

:4megaman: : My second favorite newcomer. If anything, I love his physics, as he controls really well.

:4pit: : Aside from my huge love of Kid Icarus (which I won't get in the way of dropping Pit), I enjoy Pit for the same reasons I played him in Brawl. Good spacing character with lots of fun tools.

:4tlink: : Fun as heck when I play him right. Zoning with the magic satchel is what connects TL to Mega Man, and gives me a reason to enjoy both.

:4gaw: : Best defensive character I've played. Along with his mastery of the air, G&W can go deep offstage with that handy Up-B.

So what do you all think? Who should get the cut, and why? I've played every character in the game, but is there a character that would be a better fit or cover the strengths of two or more of these characters?

Any advice is welcome.
I would cut TLink and replace with :4duckhunt: should you care for zoning.

Top Bottom