• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Alright lady and gentlemen tacticians, I need a little advice.

I've had in my signature some potential mains and secondary characters for a while. I'd like to cut some to concentrate on a smaller number, but I'm having a hard time deciding who to get rid of.

:4ness: and :4robinm: aren't going anywhere.

:4dedede: :4luigi: : I enjoy both, probably don't want to loose unless I can find a very large, game breaking flaw (which I don't think exists).

:4megaman: : My second favorite newcomer. If anything, I love his physics, as he controls really well.

:4pit: : Aside from my huge love of Kid Icarus (which I won't get in the way of dropping Pit), I enjoy Pit for the same reasons I played him in Brawl. Good spacing character with lots of fun tools.

:4tlink: : Fun as heck when I play him right. Zoning with the magic satchel is what connects TL to Mega Man, and gives me a reason to enjoy both.

:4gaw: : Best defensive character I've played. Along with his mastery of the air, G&W can go deep offstage with that handy Up-B.

So what do you all think? Who should get the cut, and why? I've played every character in the game, but is there a character that would be a better fit or cover the strengths of two or more of these characters?

Any advice is welcome.
Well if you insist on cutting your character list but keeping Ness and Robin, I'd personally recommend cutting everyone else and focusing on either Pit or Luigi. I say this because they, compared to your characters can afford to be more aggressive, which would balance out Ness and Robin. Luigi has better combos and a fantastic nair that often breaks combos but Pit has more options overall. In the end, however, it's obviously your choice so do whatever you want.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm having the same issue...My mains are :4lucina:, :4lucario:, and :rosalina:, but I have some sort of gift with :4sonic:, and strangely love the way :4samus: plays, I use :4robinf: and :4falcon: because of course I do, and I don't know why but I'm really feeling it for :4shulk:'s playstyle.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Currently, a new Conquest is up and running under the title "Ties that bind".
One of the Team is comerades. containing Robin and Lucina. The other two are "Brothers" with Mario and Luigi and "Father and Son" with Bowser and Roy.

Have fun tipping the scales!

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Man, I'm impressed with how some of you can balance this juggling act with so many characters. I'm considering a fourth character to balance my team (:4robinf:, :4marth:, :4shulk:, and :4robinf:, aka I have a fetish for swords apparently), but whenever I see the roster I just go "No, no, no, definitely no, Oh God No, hovers over Fox but then hears his English voice, LOL NOPE."

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
I got:
Mains::4pikachu::4jigglypuff:
Subs::4robinf:
:4miibrawl:
Pocket::4kirby::4tlink::4lucina::4zelda:
My pocket's pocket::4miigun::4darkpit:

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Man, I'm impressed with how some of you can balance this juggling act with so many characters. I'm considering a fourth character to balance my team (:4robinf:, :4marth:, :4shulk:, and :4robinf:, aka I have a fetish for swords apparently), but whenever I see the roster I just go "No, no, no, definitely no, Oh God No, hovers over Fox but then hears his English voice, LOL NOPE."
I'm juggling five characters at the moment: :4lucario:, :4luigi:, :4megaman:, :4robinm: and :4wario:. :4megaman: and :4robinm: are taking priority over the other three, so I might not be as good as I could be with them, but I still perform well with them.

As for Fox, I can agree that his voice is slightly cringe-worthy, but that really shouldn't stop anyone from using him if he fits their playstyle. Falco's voice isn't all that great either, was better in SSBB.

I miss hearing Wolf's voice...

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Was listing :4robinf: twice intentional?

Anyway, currently I have-
Mains: :4robinf::4zss:
Potential 3rd/4th/5th Spot Mains: :4iggy::4falcon::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4ness::4peach::4shulk::4wiifit:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Currently, a new Conquest is up and running under the title "Ties that bind".
One of the Team is comerades. containing Robin and Lucina. The other two are "Brothers" with Mario and Luigi and "Father and Son" with Bowser and Roy.

Have fun tipping the scales!
I found it clever that they had Robin team up with Lucina. You know, Invisible Ties... that is a pretty nice reference.

I'm sorry Tacticians, but I have to help Luigi. I did aid him in the "Noobs!" Conquest, though.

As for my mains... well, isn't it obvious that Luigi is my main? Shulk is my second main since I love his Monado Arts and range, but I don't think that he complements Luigi at all.
Robin is a secondary for me, though. I am juggling around with Greninja and seeing if he is truly right for me; the patch made me a bit sour.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Was listing :4robinf: twice intentional?

Anyway, currently I have-
Mains: :4robinf::4zss:
Potential 3rd/4th/5th Spot Mains: :4iggy::4falcon::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4ness::4peach::4shulk::4wiifit:
Yeah, listing :4robinf: twice was intentional, lol. It just shows how much I use her compared to the other 2 swordsmen. I tell myself I need to use :4marth: and :4shulk: more, especially since I think that on a good day I'm actually best with Marth (tippers for life). But I can't help it. She's just too fun and it helps that I do legitimately like Robin as a character, so there's character love at stake.

I actually think the two characters you play cover each well. You don't really have to be hard pressed to find another character, unless of course, its for fun which I totally get.

Shaymikyu

Yeah, listing :4robinf: twice was intentional, lol. It just shows how much I use her compared to the other 2 swordsmen. I tell myself I need to use :4marth: and :4shulk: more, especially since I think that on a good day I'm actually best with Marth (tippers for life). But I can't help it. She's just too fun and it helps that I do legitimately like Robin as a character, so there's character love at stake.

I actually think the two characters you play cover each well. You don't really have to be hard pressed to find another character, unless of course, its for fun which I totally get.
Well, :4robinf: is just that awesome.

And it is mainly for fun. I feel comfortable enough using :4robinf: and :4zss: without feeling like I'm missing something to cover for another character.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I've been in the same boat as the fellow tacticians, with my mains being :4robinf::4shulk::4jigglypuff::4link:and secondaries being:4ganondorf::4pit::4falcon::4dk:

I will most likely drop the dong and old man Ganon because they're too dang big and laggy against the faster opponents.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Out of all the things that are great in the Wii U version, one things triumphs them all, and that is...
THAT I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T USE THIS AS A MENU SONG BEFORE, IT'S AMAZING:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Out of all the things that are great in the Wii U version, one things triumphs them all, and that is...
That song brings back so many fond memories...

There's something about it that I find remarkably beautiful and soothing, and it's always been one of my favorite Smash-original pieces. :b:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
That song brings back so many fond memories...

There's something about it that I find remarkably beautiful and soothing, and it's always been one of my favorite Smash-original pieces. :b:
Guess what song plays all the time in my menu :shades:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Oh, talk about mains?
Mains: :4shulk::4robinf::rosalina:
Secondaries / not sure if I should even call them that since I use them almost as much as my mains: :4lucina::4samus:

I love all their playstyles, the characters themselves, and of course it helps that Xenoblade Chronicles, FEA, Metroid Prime, and SMG are my favorites games of all time, in order respectively.

I forgot this song existed...I..MEMORIES..this is definitely my menu song now. SO BEAUTIFUL

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I usually have either Brawl's Online room playing or Melee's menu.

As for mains, I decided to focus on three, and have 3-4 as subs. Now to start cutting characters..

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My mains actually switched once I actually started playing Smash 4. I originally was going to main :4greninja: since he was my absolute favorite from Y and have :4robinm: as a secondary. However once I started to play :4robinm: more I found Robin to be more fun.

Main: :4robinm:/:4robinf:
Secondaries: :4greninja:,:4falcon:
Thirds : :4villager:,:4lucina:
Pocket: :4charizard:,:4myfriends:,:4pikachu:,:4darkpit:,:4bowserjr:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In terms of mains... Well, at this point, I can only truly say that I main :4robinm:. He's the character I've used the most and am best with by far at this point. Seriously, no one else even remotely comes close.

That being said, I do have other character I am somewhat proficient with and plan to do more training with, those being :4lucario:, :4ness:, and :rosalina: (also 99.99% going to main :mewtwopm: when he comes out). Aside from those, I'm still experimenting with other characters to see what works (or at least, when I'm not trying to train up to become the best Robin player I can be).

Doroco

Smash Cadet
So has any one tried the game what time is it mister wolf except robin and scale tipping? Also i main marth and robin, with a casual diddy, pikachu and jiggs

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:4robinm: :4lucina: :4samus: :mewtwopm:

I will not change from this unless the next DLC happens to be someone I really want, in which case Samus is at risk of elimination.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only menu music I ever have playing is this and the two Melee menu themes.
Brawl's Menu theme, while great, is a bit too heavy for me, and Smash 4's theme has gotten really old, really fast.

I really wish this was also a menu theme:

This is the one that played during the first Smash Direct.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
My most played characters (still) are:

:4robinm: Tips the scales!
:4megaman: Super fighting runner up! MEGA MAN!
:4charizard::4link::4myfriends:These three wanna be my third best. Like only two others are.
:4sonic::4shulk::4ganondorf::4samus::4lucina: Are also still kinda feeling it.

D

Deleted member

First time using the trophy picture studio :

And I think I need to sleep, now. ~

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Ah, I see we are talking about mains and secondaries once more! Allow me to chime in as well. ^w^

Mains::4robinm:/:4robinf: :4lucina: :4shulk:(This will NEVER change by the way.)

Secondaries: :4pit: :4palutena: :4darkpit:

Thirds: :4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::4greninja:

Pocket: :4wiifit::4zss::4zelda::4link::4falcon::4kirby::4myfriends::rosalina::4megaman::4pacman::4yoshi:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
For me:

Mains: :4robinm:, :4shulk:, :4lucina:
Secondaries: :4ness:, :4tlink:, :4sonic:, and :4zss:.
I'm seriously considering adding :4wiifit: somewhere in the mix. She's so fun!

Shaymikyu

I guess I should list what my current, subject-to-change standings are for the characters I listed earlier.

Mains: :4robinf::4zss::4ness:
Secondaries: :4shulk::4peach::4lucina::4marth:
Thirds: :4greninja::4duckhunt::4megaman::4iggy:
Pocket: :4falcon::4darkpit::4wiifit::4jigglypuff:

:4ness: is slowly growing on me again, but he is borderline-secondary right now still. We'll see where he falls eventually. If :lucas: is ever DLC (even as an alt), though, he's taking that spot easily.

Last edited:

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
Well, I'm still figuring out a lot of that whole Main, Secondary, and stuff but here's my general list :D
THE MAINS
:4robinf: "Time to tip the scales!"
:4ness:"Okay!"
I actually picked up Ness today out of a whim, and he's so much fun to play as! Those magnet F-air chains and his Bthrow is so much fun to play with, and there's so many options to do with him!

THE SECONDARIES
:4greninja:
"Tongue or scarf?"
:4zss:"Stay still!"

I figured that I needed some fast, quick-hitter charas in case of the projectile users not being able to keep up, so I figured that Greninja, and ZSS were quick, and cool enough to be considered secondaries. Still gotta learn how to do that lovely gimp with Greninja, though.

THE THIRDS
:4lucario:"Watch the power of Aura!"
:4duckhunt:"Kekeke...."
:4falcon:"Show ya moves!"

THE POCKET
:4mario::4darkpit::4wiifit::rosalina::4shulk::4tlink:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Is it just me, or do a lot of Robin players also enjoy playing as Ness?

Top Bottom