• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Sometimes the RNG goddess will randomly gift you with a rare opportunity at Gamestop. Heck, that's how I found my copy for Xenoblade for only $50. Best impulse buy ever. But yeah, amazon may be your best bet if you can't find it at Gamestop.

D

Deleted member

I got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at a GameStop for... $70. It's a pretty expensive and rare game.

So... good luck trying to get the game! The only place you can find it other than online is at GameStop! Oh, and they inflated the prices by making them "used." Your game is actually new...

CitationNeeded

Smash Rookie
NNID
CitationNeeded
3DS FC
0447-6550-2679
Nothing more satisfying than hitting a Nosferatu right after taking a stock. Hello, 40% damage healed!

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Anyone know where I can get a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles? I want to gift it this Christmas.
It's going to be re-released on the New 3DS (that name is so bad). I suggest waiting until then and either buy it for the Wii since its price will probably be drastically reduced, or if the person your gifting it to is getting a New 3DS, buy it for that platform.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's going to be re-released on the New 3DS (that name is so bad). I suggest waiting until then and either buy it for the Wii since its price will probably be drastically reduced, or if the person your gifting it to is getting a New 3DS, buy it for that platform.
It's better than 'Wii U'.

With that in mind, I'll probably wait until the re-release.
Xenoblade for the 3DS, And Xenomech Saga for the Wii U.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think 'New 3DS' is a worse name than Wii U. And that was hard to top.

For example:

'Welcome to Gamestop, how may I help you?'

'Yes, I'd like to buy a New 3DS for my grandson for Christmas.'

"Do you mean a New condition 3DS, a Used New 3DS, or a New New 3DS?"

Weeman

Smash Crusader

For example:

Relevant

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

For example:

I honestly didn't even realize the name was "New 3DS." I thought it was just saying it was a new 3DS as a placeholder until they gave it the real name.

I second it being worse than Wii U.
I can't believe I forgot about the existence of the Game Boy Micro.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I never realized how many little handheld upgrades Nintendo made until thinking about it just after watching that. Even though there are only 4 generations, there are so many handhelds to play them on.
For the original Gameboy, there was also the Gameboy Color.
GB Advanced; The Gameboy SP and Micro models
DS: DS Lite and DSi
3DS: 3DS XL, 2DS
(I'm probably forgetting something, but you get the idea)

And now with this "New 3DS" model there are twice as many handheld systems to play the intended games on. Of course I loved my old Gameboy SP, that backlight really came in handy when I would play Ruby and Emerald into the dead of night. The DS Lite was a nice edit for it was smaller, lighter, brighter and had multiple different shades of brightness, though those hinges were infamous for braking off... The extra battery life is great on the 3DS XL but now I'm starting to see why Nintendo is doing the New 3DS, to make another improvement on a handheld to get more profit. Only issue is a ridiculous name and the fact that you have to purchase it in order to play the newest games. Kinda like the Wii U.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Meh, they're not that bad unless they're actually really good, in wich case any character can become a problem.
This is how the match went.
"Oh, hey, it's Diddy. Let's see how OP he actually-"
BANANA PEEL
UP AIR. UP AIR. UP AIR.
BANANA PEEL
GRAB.
BANANA PEEL
SMASH ATTACK. KO.
GRAB.
"Back slash-"
BANANA PEEL.
UP AIR.
UP AIR.
GIMP. KO.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I fought one Diddy Kong online.
Ragequits were had.
I fought a Diddy Kong user online today, as well (with Robin, obviously).

He beat me with two stocks. :crying:

Then he switched to Sheik and beat me again with two stocks. :crying:

Then I beat both his Diddy and his Shiek immediately after. :estatic:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was playing as Shulk by the way. Don't know if that's a particularly good matchup for Diddy Kong, or even if we know that yet.
All I know is, I hate banana peels even more now. They just get under my skin. They hurt my peelings. They drive me bananas.
Maybe I'm just trippin', but I hate banana peels.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
:3

Well in my case, :4sonic: is for nostalgia and when I really want to keep going in tournament plus pride after people kept asking where my Sonic was, :4jigglypuff: is for those with very obvious patterns and I just want the satisfaction of killing at 40%, and :4darkpit: is because my alterego is secretly actually Nairo, honest.
Shh nobody is supposed to know that!!!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I was fighting this Shulk earlier tonight that really knew what he was doing. Only reason I won was because I managed to throw him offstage just as his Jump Art went down and gimped him with Nair. On his second stock he really used his Arts well - playing keepaway with his Jump and Speed arts, going on the offensive when he was in Shield Art. I couldn't kill him until I held him in grab to whittle down his Shield Art, then Bthrew him when it went down....at 180%.

Then I went Jiggz second game and two-stocked him while only taking 35%. :estatic:

Shh nobody is supposed to know that!!!
Secret's been exposed! Abort mission! Abort, abort!

srs tho, :4darkpit: is just so fun to use.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I was playing as Shulk by the way. Don't know if that's a particularly good matchup for Diddy Kong, or even if we know that yet.
All I know is, I hate banana peels even more now. They just get under my skin. They hurt my peelings. They drive me bananas.
Did you try asking the people over at the Shulk thread for advice? They seem like a dedicated bunch. Also, how well were you spacing your short hop nairs?

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
So far, I find that to be a horrific matchup in your favor ;__;
source: me

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I don't even know what that means.
Ah, sorry. Nair = neutral air, as in the aerial attack you do when you don't tilt the control stick in any direction. You know, that really awkward, impractical looking move where Shulk brings his sword all the way around him in midair. I mention this move because it has the least landing lag of all of his aerials, has great range that also goes behind him, and even cuts projectiles like fireballs and I THINK bananas. If spaced properly, aka around the tip, it's fairly safe. It's both a common approach and spacing tool when used with a short hop and a common way to lead into combos like jabs or grabs, whether you're in default, jump, speed, or buster mode. In other words, learn to use and love that move. Again, the monado boys over the Shulk thread can help you a lot more.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I managed to ko someone with Elwind. Not the Elwind Spike, not the wind jab, but the sour hits of Elwind. I was fighting a Jiggs who was trying to wall of pain me, and seeing that one of my quickest/safest options were to use Elwind and get out of there. I took off their first stock at 18% with Elwind, then she tried to gimp me later while I was recovering low and I ended up footstooling her to win the match. I was laughing so hard after that.

@ Jae Jae Btw I love your new avatar. Shinobu is my favorite character from Monogatari.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah, sorry. Nair = neutral air, as in the aerial attack you do when you don't tilt the control stick in any direction. You know, that really awkward, impractical looking move where Shulk brings his sword all the way around him in midair. I mention this move because it has the least landing lag of all of his aerials, has great range that also goes behind him, and even cuts projectiles like fireballs and I THINK bananas. If spaced properly, aka around the tip, it's fairly safe. It's both a common approach and spacing tool when used with a short hop and a common way to lead into combos like jabs or grabs, whether you're in default, jump, speed, or buster mode. In other words, learn to use and love that move. Again, the monado boys over the Shulk thread can help you a lot more.
I know what an nair is. But I can't play well anyway, I'm a Gamecube controller guy and I'm stuck with the Wiimote and nunchuk.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Neat!

On a slightly unrelated note, the people in the Shulk thread sometimes refer to themselves as "Bronados.":p

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
@ Jae Jae Btw I love your new avatar. Shinobu is my favorite character from Monogatari.
Thanks~
She's one of my favorites, but I also like Senjougahara and Kanbaru too!

I haven't been using Robin as of late, so I'm pretty rustled up at the moment. I just played online a while ago against a pretty skilled Mario, who proceeded to whoop my Robin into submission :(

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Thanks~
She's one of my favorites, but I also like Senjougahara and Kanbaru too!

I haven't been using Robin as of late, so I'm pretty rustled up at the moment. I just played online a while ago against a pretty skilled Mario, who proceeded to whoop my Robin into submission :(
Senjougahara is another fav of mine, she's up there with Oshino.

Mario is a tough one I'll admit since he fights pretty well up close and can reflect our magic back. I found that keeping a good distance against him can help as long as you're not predictable with your magic, but then again I feel that works okay against almost everyone.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Nothing more satisfying than hitting a Nosferatu right after taking a stock. Hello, 40% damage healed!
When you're on the receiving end, you silently cry as Robin drains your life force. This move seriously changes matches. @ Célja Célja landing it on me while I have the lead and then wrecking me, cricri

... I forgot which one it was, but I'm sure there was a Miiverse PoTD that looks awfully similar to this situation.

So I managed to ko someone with Elwind. Not the Elwind Spike, not the wind jab, but the sour hits of Elwind. I was fighting a Jiggs who was trying to wall of pain me, and seeing that one of my quickest/safest options were to use Elwind and get out of there. I took off their first stock at 18% with Elwind, then she tried to gimp me later while I was recovering low and I ended up footstooling her to win the match. I was laughing so hard after that.
You killed my Kirby so much by stage spiking me with Elwind. WHY DO I SUCK SO MUCH AT TECHING. Footstooling somebody when they come out with a new stock and watching them fall to their death is the most hilarious thing ever. They just tumble away.

Also guys, Robin is officially confirmed best Copy Ability, in terms of aethetic, cuteness, Kirby imitating Robin (ARC THUNDAH), viability, uses, etc. It's sooooo goood. Makes me wish I could rip off Robin's head and take him into every match. I find it sad that Kirby doesn't throw the book when he's done with the ability - we could have an infinite supply of Thunder tomes!

In other news, I took these random screenshots and I like them.

Oh, and @Hayzie transparent-ified my Fire Emblem x Kirby thing I did a while ago.

Going back a page or two, I'm wondering how you guys main so much different characters. The only character I'd say truly fits my playstyle is Kirby. Robin is obviously my secondary, although I need to put more effort into him. Kirby will always be my go-to guy for tournaments, though! Funnily enough, quite a few Robin mains seem to secondary Kirby.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I just love Elwind spiking! I just love surprising my opponents with it especially when I'm behind.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

For example:

During the launch period of the Wii U, people were confused over why they had to pay so much for a new controller.

I think we can all agree that despite being great products, the New 3DS and Wii U have bad names.

D

Deleted member

During the launch period of the Wii U, people were confused over why they had to pay so much for a new controller.

I think we can all agree that despite being great products, the New 3DS and Wii U have bad names.
I remember one of my sister's friends bought a Wii U game thinking that it was a game for the Wii... ouch.

I think that they should have went with a more basic name like "Wii 2" or even something drastically different like "Revolution."

Top Bottom