• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think I know how I'll decide my mains.
So here's the 3DS roster.

I'm going to pick one character from each row to use.
It's perfect since I am single out a favorite from each row, so...

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

You guys can try it if you want, but I don't think it will work out as well for everyone else as it did me.
Yeah, I can't use this. My main and one of my secondaries are in the same row, and Robin's far off.

Wonder how Mewtwo will be placed...

D

Deleted member

For my little Christmas, I hesitate between Tropical Freeze, Bayo 2 and Omega Ruby.
Which priority would you give to them by doing a Top 3 ?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Persona 3 is the best Persona imo. I assume you're playing the FES version though and not vanilla?
Yep FES, though i'm not sure if it's the best, i've heard pretty good things of Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, and P4 does have better gameplay in my opinion.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
For my little Christmas, I hesitate between Tropical Freeze, Bayo 2 and Omega Ruby.
Which priority would you give to them by doing a Top 3 ?
Bayo 2> ORAS > Dankey Kang
They all look like perfectly good games though, so unless you aren't a fan of one of their genres in particular, any should be serviceable
Yep FES, though i'm not sure if it's the best, i've heard pretty good things of Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, and P4 does have better gameplay in my opinion.
I haven't played Innocent Sin, but I heard it's easier than Eternal Punishment, which I found to be easily the easiest of the Persona games that I've played. Honestly, EP is enough for me when it comes to the first Personas style of gameplay, it's a tad too dated for me to enjoy, and since I know all of the twists from IS, I'm not sure if I could get into it anymore.
Out of curiosity, asides from those weird graphical bugs from a while ago, have any noteable glitches appeared in the WiiU version of Smash so far? Something like what Falcon showed of getting stuck into limbo in Crazy Orders

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Bayo 2> ORAS > Dankey Kang
They all look like perfectly good games though, so unless you aren't a fan of one of their genres in particular, any should be serviceable

I haven't played Innocent Sin, but I heard it's easier than Eternal Punishment, which I found to be easily the easiest of the Persona games that I've played. Honestly, EP is enough for me when it comes to the first Personas style of gameplay, it's a tad too dated for me to enjoy, and since I know all of the twists from IS, I'm not sure if I could get into it anymore.
Out of curiosity, asides from those weird graphical bugs from a while ago, have any noteable glitches appeared in the WiiU version of Smash so far? Something like what Falcon showed of getting stuck into limbo in Crazy Orders
Wario's Bike getting stuck into the ground on Palutena's Temple.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I never played either of the P2 games, but I have heard they were really good for their times. P4 does have the better gameplay with the option to control your other party members, but I'm just biased since P3 was the first Persona game I completed.

Though as good as P4 is, I think they are milking it way too much but that's my opinion on it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Tropical Freeze.
It's a amazing if you like platforming like I do.

And the music.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mario Caping Robin as he's recovering with Elwind on Omega Lylat will cause Robin to grab the ledge two feet into and below the stage facing the opposite direction.

It's silly, it's like Robin's supporting the ship on one side.

Tropical Freeze.
And the music.
Windmill Hills not being in Sm4sh is a criminal act. I'm currently looking for ways to press charges.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Tropical Freeze is basically my first Donkey Kong game (don't kill me), and holy hell it's hard compared to other Nintendo games. There's not much story involved in the game, as it's centric around the gameplay itself. I still haven't finished it and I bought it at release. Although, to be fair, I haven't actually played it much. Same goes for Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD, as I've yet to finish both of those albeit getting them at release.

And then we have all the 3DS games I have yet to finish... at least I finished FE:A!

I need to finish all these games.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I wouldn't really do it that way, but as a little thought experiment, why not?
It's surprisingly easy for me, apparently.
:rosalina:
:4link:
:4robinm:
:4charizard:
:4lucina:
:4megaman:

Doing it the other way, picking one from each column (while breaking the last two rows in the middle and shifting them outward half a portrait) is a lot harder though.

:4mario::4shulk::4link::4megaman::4robinm::4ganondorf::4dedede::4samus::4lucina:

Picking between Ike, Charizard and Mega Man was not easy...
If we're doing column method too, mine is :4mario:,:4shulk:, :4marth:,:4megaman:, :4robinf:, :4jigglypuff:, :4iggy:,:4darkpit:,:4zss:.

Probably even less accurate (though :4iggy: is growing on me).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, genuine question here. This is the subject of some controversy between my brother and I and I would like your expert opinions on the matter.

Is male Robin objectively more representative of the character and / or more important than female Robin in Smash 4?

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Nah. They both cover individual traits of the composite Robin in FE:A. :4robinm: covers the calm, philosophical, and subtle snark sides of Robin, :4robinf: covers the confident, smartass, and caring sides.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Okay, genuine question here. This is the subject of some controversy between my brother and I and I would like your expert opinions on the matter.

Is male Robin objectively more representative of the character and / or more important than female Robin in Smash 4?
Nonsense. Both represent the same character, and gender differences should not affect the issue of representation.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think they're both represented quite well.
I should clarify.

What I'm asking is, is male Robin more valuable or integral to Smash 4 then female Robin?

Like, if there was going to a Robin amiibo, would it be fair to expect or consider there being a female one, too?

Who's the main character and who's the alt?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If you just want that answer, then it's almost certainly going to be Male Robin.

I don't think Male is more integral or more valuable, but given how they have handled Villager/WFT I fully expect Default Male Robin to be the Amiibo.

As much as I want my waifu Amiibo ;_;

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, interesting answers.

I'm of the perspective that both are equally valid, but I'm being told that it's unreasonable and absurd to think female Robin is equally important to Smash and is more than just a glorified alt.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Canonically speaking, both are 100% equal in their game.

But because male Robin was in the character trailer, it's probably gonna be him.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, I was literally just told that female Robin is a glorified alt.

I respect his opinion and I can see where he's coming from, but...that's kinda harsh, y'know?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I dunno. Villager and Miss Fit have opposite gender alts, but they were revealed well after the original counterpart was confirmed.

:4robinf: was confirmed alongside :4robinm: in the same trailer, and, unlike the other gender alts and the Koopalings, they're both in the character portrait, which is what the Amiibos are based on. :4robinf: was put on a higher pedestal than the other counterparts.

Who knows, maybe she'll have her Amiibo. Or maybe both Robins will share the same Amiibo lol.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just came back from the last Hobbit movie... was it as good as the book? No.

Was it a fitting end to the movies? Yes. :'-(

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I should clarify.

What I'm asking is, is male Robin more valuable or integral to Smash 4 then female Robin?

Like, if there was going to a Robin amiibo, would it be fair to expect or consider there being a female one, too?

Who's the main character and who's the alt?
I think it's clear that Male Robin is the main one here (if only because they have to have one of them be the face of the character), but that doesn't lessen Female Robin's importance.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I hate when people glorify female Robin. "lel she mai waifu".

I only prefer male Robin because of the fact that i'm male, and he's the avatar to one of my favorite games. So. It's like playing as me, loosely.

I cycle through alts extremely often though. I frequently use both normals, blue, pink, and white.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
If you just want that answer, then it's almost certainly going to be Male Robin.

I don't think Male is more integral or more valuable, but given how they have handled Villager/WFT I fully expect Default Male Robin to be the Amiibo.

As much as I want my waifu Amiibo ;_;
Hear, hear.

Maybe we can glue pigtails onto male Robin and pretend (even if he's cool too).

And I don't think either is more "important." Male is the default, but female still gets trophies, the descriptions in the trophies don't place important on one over the other, you can fight the female in All Star mode, and so forth. Heck, Robin was the first character where they revealed both genders simultaneously and even used both on the site instead of choosing one as the face.

Top Bottom