• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Well, that certainly does have a fair bit of irony to it, but at the same time it makes quite a bit of sense...

WAIT, how did you become an official Robin mod before Hong did?

If I appear as a Moderator for the Robin forums, it's because I have stepped down from moderating the Smash 4 forums as a whole.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I hate items like Boss Galaga and the Beetle because they are hard to escape from. I could jam the control stick and mash buttons over and over, but I still can't escape; I believe that Boss Galaga was even the reason why I lost a match in Classic Mode. It also becomes a giant mess when you have "Boss Galaga Smashes" in Smash Tour where the only item is Boss Galaga...
My least favorite items have to be Dragoon and Daybreak, purely because I hate how if every one of the pieces appears, Smash Balls are disabled (they are more powerful than some Final Smashes, but I prefer the flashiness of Final Smashes and how they reflect each character).
I find it stupid. I mean, final smash are supposed to be this god like ability that the fighters can get, yet most of them can't kill until normal kill percent (I'M LOOKING AT YOU SUPER SONIC!!!)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The real story is that I got to be a Robin mod before Hong because Hong isn't wearing a Santa hat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well then, welcome to the Robin forum. I hope you enjoy moderating our unique style of utter insanity. ;)
And I hope you enjoy my unique style of title changing insanity. ;)

But nah, you guys are a nice bunch anyway. Except when you make fun of Chrom. But now I'm watching more than ever, so hah.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So in possibly the world's greatest display of irony, guess who is now an official Robin mod? :p
'Grats!

I wonder how guedes the brawler will react to this bit of news. Gods know what his reaction would be if he found out the former leader of the Chrom DLC movement willingly accepted the position of modding the Robin forum. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, are you going to infract Sakurai now? :troll:
I don't mod the "Real Life" forums, sadly. :(

'Grats!

I wonder how guedes the brawler will react to this bit of news. Gods know what his reaction would be if he found out the former leader of the Chrom DLC movement willingly accepted the position of modding the Robin forum. :p
That's just the thing though...I never hated Robin. My dream roster would have had both him and Chrom. I just didn't see that as likely, and as such saw Robin as some Chrompetition. :p

Though, if that thing about Sakurai not directing more Smash holds out...maybe...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That's just the thing though...I never hated Robin. My dream roster would have had both him and Chrom. I just didn't see that as likely, and as such saw Robin as some Chrompetition. :p

Though, if that thing about Sakurai not directing more Smash holds out...maybe...
I guess you could say this was how I felt about Chrom, to an extent. I didn't hate him, per se; he's a likable character who certainly had merits for being on the roster, but I vastly preferred Robin as the next representative of the Fire Emblem series. Sure, in an ideal world without any sort of limits on the game, we'd have both on the roster (along with a ton of other characters), but ultimately it was more than likely going to come down to one or the other. To me, Chrom was always Robitition (I'll admit: Chrompetition works better).

Although I do openly admit that I developed a strong distaste for Chrom after he was forced down my throat due to the Gematsu leak...

*dual guarded*

"I'll keep you safe!" :4lucina:.

Betrayal :p.
"Now that's strategy."

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess you could say this was how I felt about Chrom, to an extent. I didn't hate him, per se; he's a likable character who certainly had merits for being on the roster, but I vastly preferred Robin as the next representative of the Fire Emblem series. Sure, in an ideal world without any sort of limits on the game, we'd have both on the roster (along with a ton of other characters), but ultimately it was more than likely going to come down to one or the other. To me, Chrom was always Robitition (I'll admit: Chrompetition works better).

Although I do openly admit that I developed a strong distaste for Chrom after he was forced down my throat due to the Gematsu leak...
I still really wish he would have added both though. It would just feel...right. Like, two best buddies joining the fray in equal amounts. I just really like them as a duo.

And I'm sorry that happened to you. To be fair though, there were a couple of pre-announcement Robin supporters who basically did the same to us and attacked and trolled us without warning. :p Hopefully I can at least slightly rebuild your Chrom morale.

Hong

The Strongest
Probably could have had a sick original character that played on the Dual Strike mechanic, though any thought they had was probably dashed away by the weak processing power on the 3DS.

At least Robin still came packaged with some unique mechanics on her own.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I still really wish he would have added both though. It would just feel...right. Like, two best buddies joining the fray in equal amounts. I just really like them as a duo.

And I'm sorry that happened to you. To be fair though, there were a couple of pre-announcement Robin supporters who basically did the same to us and attacked and trolled us without warning. :p Hopefully I can at least slightly rebuild your Chrom morale.
I can understand that desire for the complete set, but I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. After all, Awakening was originally only going to get one representative, in the form of either Chrom or Robin; the only reason we got two was because of a pre-existing model for Lucina being turned into a separate character. Unfortunately, it seems that there wasn't much of a chance that we would have ever gotten both of the original duo.

And, um... Yeah, I apologize for the behavior of some of the Robin supporters here. I know we had a couple of people here who would regularly antagonize Chrom supporters in their own thread. We tried to get them to be a bit nicer to Chrom supporters, but... Sorry about that. :urg:

Though, in all honesty, you guys still got it way better than we did in terms of that sort of thing...

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I'm going to try to obtain the right items needed to capture footage from my Wii U. The reason I'm mentioning this is because one of the first thing I'm planning on doing is a making a video of Robin. I don't want to go into details very much for I want to try to keep it secret, but it's going to be a rather silly video of my ''unique'' stocks taken.

Though the process could take a while so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I can understand that desire for the complete set, but I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. After all, Awakening was originally only going to get one representative, in the form of either Chrom or Robin; the only reason we got two was because of a pre-existing model for Lucina being turned into a separate character. Unfortunately, it seems that there wasn't much of a chance that we would have ever gotten both of the original duo.

And, um... Yeah, I apologize for the behavior of some of the Robin supporters here. I know we had a couple of people here who would regularly antagonize Chrom supporters in their own thread. We tried to get them to be a bit nicer to Chrom supporters, but... Sorry about that. :urg:

Though, in all honesty, you guys still got it way better than we did in terms of that sort of thing...
I like Chrom too! He is a very lovable character and I like his personality a lot:). That being said, it's almost twice as fun to make fun of him :laugh:. And I'm not sorry:p.

Though if Chrom was to become a playable character and was a clone (or even unuie), I would see no reason from Sakuria not to be able to bring back this guy :younglinkmelee:.

Robin got an equip that allows for a Home Run Bat at the start of every match, so I don't feel so bad about this ;__;
At least the custom move you got for Robin you had already got. Look at the bright side of things.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

But nah, you guys are a nice bunch anyway. Except when you make fun of Chrom. But now I'm watching more than ever, so hah.
General rule- the more I make fun of a character, the more I like them.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Who are you, again? :troll:

Ok, this isn't exactly relevant, but that cutscene you posted has always bothered me a little. I like it, but it just doesn't make sense: Chrom and Lissa manage to find Robin after he/she has supposedly died, and they inexplicably decide to perfectly reenact their first meeting with Robin, which they manage to do at the exact moment Robin finally wakes up, all while not showing even the slightest sort of change or emotion that would indicate that they just found their best friend back from the dead.

:drfacepalm::drflip::drshrug::drohyou::drsad:
:4robinm:: "Oh my Gods... CHROM!!! LISSA!!!! I'M ALIVE!!!"
Chrom: "Oh man, great job Lissa!"
Lissa: "Our rehearsals have paid off! That was perfect! Oh man, do you think that freaked him out or what? He was probably all 'oh no, not again!'"
Chrom: "Yeah, didja see his face? We totally got him!"
:4robinm:: "I'm... I'm right here..."

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So the first Assist Me! - Smash Brothers featured a lot of footage from the Robin trailer and ended on Together We Ride.

Hmmm...

Probably coincidence.
Speaking of the video, I thought it was pretty helpful despite only talking about the core mechanics which I already knew.
I guess having them listed in a pretty clear way helped me realize there where some options I just never took during actual gameplay.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So the first Assist Me! - Smash Brothers featured a lot of footage from the Robin trailer and ended on Together We Ride.

Hmmm...

Probably coincidence.
Considering that Assist Me! has focused on complex and unorthodox characters before(hi Jill Valentine), I wouldn't dismiss it as such that easily.

Hong

The Strongest

Hmmm...
Max loves the Fire Emblem Theme from Melee. He uses it whenever he can, but knows nothing about the series.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I just witnessed our camp grow stronger with the addition/promotion of someone formally from the "enemy" camp. This is truly a Fire Emblem thread. This reconciliation...is beautiful.:cry:

D

Deleted member

I didn't know that Dragoon and Daybreak disable final smashes (the one reason I don't like turning items off- I guess I could just switch off the ones bugging me).
If three pieces of either Daybreak or Dragoon are in play, Smash Balls won't appear. It's just annoying to me because it could take a while to assemble Daybreak or Dragoon, so I just turn those items off.

Probably could have had a sick original character that played on the Dual Strike mechanic, though any thought they had was probably dashed away by the weak processing power on the 3DS.

At least Robin still came packaged with some unique mechanics on her own.
I don't even think that just the limited processing power of the 3DS would prevent this sort of gimmick.
With the Ice Climbers, they are two identical characters working together in a team. In a Robin & Chrom tag-team, you are putting in two distinctly different characters into one slot fighting alongside one another; that would be a technical nightmare on its own and that would require a lot of effort from the developers.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

No more Chrom gifs for me then :c

Hong

The Strongest

I don't even think that just the limited processing power of the 3DS would prevent this sort of gimmick.
With the Ice Climbers, they are two identical characters working together in a team. In a Robin & Chrom tag-team, you are putting in two distinctly different characters into one slot fighting alongside one another; that would be a technical nightmare on its own and that would require a lot of effort from the developers.
Yes. The developer would have to create two completely characters for one slot.

The concept is unthinkable. :zeldamelee::sheikmelee:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hong I'm sorry about the Santa hat thing, okay?

D

Deleted member

Yes. The developer would have to create two completely characters for one slot.

The concept is unthinkable. :zeldamelee::sheikmelee:
I was thinking of something like an Ice Climber-styled duo and not a transformation character.

Hong

The Strongest
I was thinking of something like an Ice Climber-styled duo and not a transformation character.
I was thinking a character that functioned like the assist system of other fighters, so your specials would call in another character to perform an attack, like the Dual Strike system of Awakening. Would have been an awesome combo system, since you could call the supporting character even while attacking.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
In other words, @ Hong Hong is thinking more of a MvC character, which honestly would have been pretty cool although I would prefer Chrom and Lucina since; 1) its more feasible since they're more similar, 2) Robin deserves her own spot, and 3) the idea of a father/daughter combination I find very endearing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No more Chrom gifs for me then :c
Nah, you can keep doing it, his only bluffing.

I was thinking a character that functioned like the assist system of other fighters, so your specials would call in another character to perform an attack, like the Dual Strike system of Awakening. Would have been an awesome combo system, since you could call the supporting character even while attacking.
Sort of.

Was thinking B would switch active characters, forward B would summon them with Dual Strike, and down B would be Dual Guard, with their recoveries left as something practical.
In other words, @ Hong Hong is thinking more of a MvC character, which honestly would have been pretty cool although I would prefer Chrom and Lucina since; 1) its more feasible since they're more similar, 2) Robin deserves her own spot, and 3) the idea of a father/daughter combination I find very endearing.
As cool as that sound, I think it is kind of stupid. I not sure why, but something about that idea (not offence) sound pointless and doesn't make sense. Though.........

Top Bottom