• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

How many of you guys actually care about Smash 4 DLC? You all seem mostly content with what we have or knowledgeable enough to know we won't be getting it for a long time.
I am all for Smash 4 getting DLC. I hope that we get more than just Mewtwo, Miiverse, and a tourney mode.
I am willing to spend some money on getting more content for these games.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
How many of you guys actually care about Smash 4 DLC? You all seem mostly content with what we have or knowledgeable enough to know we won't be getting it for a long time.
I have a small feeling Mewtwo maybe be the only case for character DLC since it was brought up on multiple occasions on how long and how much work it takes to make one character.

At the very least, I'm hoping for stage, music and costume DLC

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm content with the game for the most part.
I don't expect much DLC wise, so whatever comes, comes.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I could care less what we get for DLC. I'm fine with what we have in the game now and I don't really like paying for DLC unless it's a good value or really good extra content.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm going to push for at least two of the characters in my signature to be DLC somewhere down the line. I have no life, so this is a reasonable decision for me.
Of course, it's not just characters I want; I also would love to see costumes, maybe even for every character. I want Ocarina of Time costumes for every character, including voices, for all of the Zelda characters really badly.
Also, I'm hoping for more music, Stage Builder tool/parts, and some more Solo content, like an Adventure Mode, or actual Target Test.

Hong

The Strongest
If I am to be blunt I am not too happy with the game on a functional level, so I can't feel too excited about what they add to it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mewtwo is literally all the DLC I truly want outside of niche picks that will never happen, but I welcome whatever the Sm4sh team has to offer.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
You guys seem to only talk about things I can talk about when I am not present.
Of course, I have already shared my opinion on the new single-player modes.

Crazy / Master Orders = Fun, mildly challenging, and lucrative. 9/10

Classic Mode = Still not Arcade Mode, too long, only gives one chance at beating a difficulty, forced Master Core is stupid. 5/10

Event Mode = So ****ING HARD. The events are pretty creative, but ridiculously hard. Melee's is better. 7/10

Multi-Man Smash = They made a boring mode into a nightmare thanks to Mii Fighters and their ****ING COMBOS. 3/10

Target Blast = Lame and unpredictable. 6/10

Home-Run Contest = More fun than previous games, for some reason. 7/10

All-Star = There's a special place in Hell reserved for the person who took away continues and made you fight 50 characters at once. 3/10

Smash Tour = Boring, infuriating, RNG-based garbage. I played this to get the Pac-Land stage and never looked back. 0/10
it's kinda hard to say for me as I don't own the game yet, but I'll agree target blast and smash tour look stupid, and I always disliked all stars and multi-man smash

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Weird...I always assumed everyone willingly chose to fight Master Core. I always did no matter what the difficulty was so I'm not really bothered by being forced to fight Master Core. What does bother me is the difficulty dropping down every time you lose.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I wouldn't be heartbroken if there wasn't DLC for Smash 4 since it's already a splendid experience. But I certainly wouldn't say no to additional stages, characters or even game modes.
Nintendo seems to be serious about trying to keep sustaining the game's life with relatively regular patching and if Mario Kart is anything to go by the DLC we might end up getting will be amazing.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I only enjoyed Smash Tour because I have other people to play it with.

Classic mode is OK.

Master and Crazy Orders are very fun.

Functionally, I enjoy the game for what it is. It's no 64, but I'm fine with that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Weird...I always assumed everyone willingly chose to fight Master Core. I always did no matter what the difficulty was so I'm not really bothered by being forced to fight Master Core. What does bother me is the difficulty dropping down every time you lose.
Yeah, apparently that was yet another thing they just had to bring over from Kid Icarus Uprising.
Also known as the prequel to Smash 4.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I personally don't care for DLC other than Mewtwo, and its not just because I've grown to hate Smash speculation. There really isn't anything that they could offer to me that's interesting other than new alts or the occasional new stage, as most of the characters that I really wanted playable are already in the game. If you want to waste your time getting into heated arguments debating over which characters may or may not be DLC, be my guest. I'm sick of predicting what Sakurai and his development team are going to do next, so I'm just going to take what I have and be content with it.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I only enjoyed Smash Tour because I have other people to play it with.
Aye. It's pretty fun with 3 or 4 people, at least after you get over the initial confusion. It's also a great way to introduce new people to Smash since all the randomness means everybody has a shot at winning. Show them the "How to play" video, hop into a couple of rounds of Smash run.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Aye. It's pretty fun with 3 or 4 people, at least after you get over the initial confusion. It's also a great way to introduce new people to Smash since all the randomness means everybody has a shot at winning. Show them the "How to play" video, hop into a couple of rounds of Smash run.
I think the game mode's major detractors are people trying to solo it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I'm very excited for Mewtwo, for obvious reasons, and I'd be more than happy to see them expand the game further with DLC.

Though I don't really care too much to really think about it. There's obviously a ton of potential with it, but we have no way of knowing what they're going to do with it, or even what the extent of it is. And unlike old speculation, now we have the full game in our hands, and it's more than enough to keep me satisfied. Basically, I welcome additional material added to the game, but I'm perfectly content with what we have.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Honestly, I'll be keeping my expectations low regarding Character DLC. With this mindset, I found it easier to be blown away by every snippet of news we got for the game, especially the newcomers, so I don't want to get too hyped up for DLC that I wouldn't be interested in. Really, as long as it's substantial for its worth, I'll most likely buy the extra content just to expand my playtime in Smash, and I do hope the game continues to get support in the years to come. :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah, I tried having low expectations. It didn't work, I just ended up being more disappointed.
I admittedly was a much happier Smash fan before I came here. :ohwell:
Same here. I was foolish, and foolishness is bliss.

But I don't regret becoming more knowledgeable. I just enjoy Smash in different ways. :)

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Maybe I'm just a hater but I despise most of the new modes in Smash 4, including both Smash Run and Smash Tour. God I miss adventure mode. Heck, I even miss Subspace Emissary because at least that can be fun with a friend.
I haven't played the Wii U version yet, but from what I've played of the 3DS version, I'd rather have events their too, plus Target Test and heck, maybe even Board the Platforms or Race to the Finish.

And I DEFINITELY miss Adventure Mode.

I don't mind 3DS Classic Mode, however. The only thing that ticks me off about it is the duplicates of customs, but that problem extends beyond Classic. I also honestly don't mind All Star, though it'd be nice if they mixed up the order for variety.
A LOT. The game is fine on its own, but I'm certainly not objecting to the possibility of new/returning characters, extra stages, or even new costumes.

That said, my expectations aren't high. I wouldn't be shocked if they just gave us that one stage and Mewtwo and called it a day. I'm fine with the game as it is, and the only character I really want stands little chance outside of possibly being another character's alt, and even then, the demand isn't that high.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally wish for more Alt Characters to Sm4sh after how much I'm enjoying Lemmy. I'm sure they wouldn't take too much work, aside from voice clips and perhaps tinkering with the character models?

Aside from that, I'm not really putting anything on the DLC. Perhaps because nothing so far indicates anything further. I'd rather wait until Sakurai's further words regarding DLC.

Also I still have to also agree on Classic Mode being very much dumbed down in this iteration, even if it feels pretty short to progress. Though it's like the middle of getting all the equipment stuff or Crazy Orders Tickets.

How weird how they still mess up the Single Player Modes in this game after SSE being gone. I guess all just went on trying to make the game have fake longetivity and be so tied on the 3DS-version.

I didn't usually bother with Multi-Man Smashes since Melee. Mostly was there to get those unlockables, and the Hi Score is mostly for bragging rights. Target Test feels damn strange in a game like Smash and i'll gravely miss Target Test being gone in favor of that.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would really like to see more alt characters...
I know it probably wouldn't be possible, but I still sort of want Morgan as a Robin alt.

And also Impa as a Sheik alt (if she isn't her own character, she probably won't be, though)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I personally wish for more Alt Characters to Sm4sh after how much I'm enjoying Lemmy. I'm sure they wouldn't take too much work, aside from voice clips and perhaps tinkering with the character models?

Aside from that, I'm not really putting anything on the DLC. Perhaps because nothing so far indicates anything further. I'd rather wait until Sakurai's further words regarding DLC.

Also I still have to also agree on Classic Mode being very much dumbed down in this iteration, even if it feels pretty short to progress. Though it's like the middle of getting all the equipment stuff or Crazy Orders Tickets.

How weird how they still mess up the Single Player Modes in this game after SSE being gone. I guess all just went on trying to make the game have fake longetivity and be so tied on the 3DS-version.

I didn't usually bother with Multi-Man Smashes since Melee. Mostly was there to get those unlockables, and the Hi Score is mostly for bragging rights. Target Test feels damn strange in a game like Smash and i'll gravely miss Target Test being gone in favor of that.
Target Blast is a little strange, but I enjoy it. I would rather have 64 target tests, but hey, what can you do?

Well, I'm very excited for Mewtwo, for obvious reasons, and I'd be more than happy to see them expand the game further with DLC.

Though I don't really care too much to really think about it. There's obviously a ton of potential with it, but we have no way of knowing what they're going to do with it, or even what the extent of it is. And unlike old speculation, now we have the full game in our hands, and it's more than enough to keep me satisfied. Basically, I welcome additional material added to the game, but I'm perfectly content with what we have.
Ah yes... content contentment. Mewtwo was my bonus as well.

Oh hey, post No. 4,444! :colorful:

Hong

The Strongest
The poor implementation and lack of alt characters is the biggest roster surprise, for me.

Models? They made hundreds of full HD models for trophies.
Voice cast? A title like Awakening with low expectations can have over 30 star voice actors... Pretty sure they could afford twice as many for Smash if they wanted to. This is also why it upsets me to see them recycle voice work.

It's not bad that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are their own characters, but they shouldn't have been afforded the distinction. They could have been Alphs, and we could have had a whole bunch of Alphs across the roster. By giving a few characters their own slot, you raise the expectations that they should be more than just a new look.

Think about it... Mach Rider, Chrom... Plenty of characters that would have worked as just alts.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The poor implementation and lack of alt characters is the biggest roster surprise, for me.

Models? They made hundreds of full HD models for trophies.
Voice cast? A title like Awakening with low expectations can have over 30 star voice actors... Pretty sure they could afford twice as many for Smash if they wanted to. This is also why it upsets me to see them recycle voice work.

It's not bad that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are their own characters, but they shouldn't have been afforded the distinction. They could have been Alphs, and we could had a whole bunch of Alphs across the roster. By giving a few characters their own slot, you raise the expectations that they should be more than just a new look.

Think about it... Mach Rider, Chrom... Plenty of characters that would have worked as just alts.
Don't worry Hong...

There's always DLC. :4dedede:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I would have killed for characters like Daisy, Brittany + Captain, Paula and Chrom to be Alts. Also all my yes to Morgan. At least I have :4lemmy:.

But really, after seeing how Koopalings or Alph have been in it, it feels like a neat gateway to join in crazy fray of Smashing, even if you might not be the material that was being looked for.

I truly hope thus that maybe one day we'll see announcements of them. They'd feel like true "bonus characters". (I'd have the most cathartic day if Chrom would become an Alt)

Also *****, my lil bro managed to brake my Game Pad's AC Adapter. Luckily there's one electronics store that houses extras so I can go there to buy a replacement. Still, I gotta be more careful from now on.

You are all a bunch of pessimists. >:]
We can't put our hands on uncertainty ATM. It's safe to only dream... for now.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think that going from Wario having two outfits to...

- Wario still having two outfits
- Little Mac having three alts (jumpsuit, wireframe, both)
- Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager having male and female versions
- Alph and 7 Koopalings
- Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina (originally planned, before being given their own slots)

...is already a good progression, to be honest.

Maybe DLC could add more stuff, I guess. Although, I think you can't just slap alts to characters and call it a day.

Oh great. It's Frostwraith.

Wake me up when there's hype.
Does my presence disturb you somehow?

Hong

The Strongest
I think Little Mac having sixteen outfits is all the more reason why people were upset Robin had to split the colours 50/50 between the genders.

Does my presence disturb you somehow?
Your avatar is looking at me condescendingly.:165:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I think Little Mac having sixteen outfits is all the more reason why people were upset Robin had to split the colours 50/50 between the genders.
THIS.

It makes no sense that Mac gets sixteen alts. Heck, even Mario makes more sense- at least he's Nintendo's mascot. Why couldn't every character with different model alts get that (except maybe Bowser Jr., since 64 costumes is a bit much)?

Top Bottom