• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even more odd is how 2 Olimar colors were cut for 4 Alph colors and how Wario went from 12 colors (6 per outfit) to 8 (4 per outfit).

It would have made more sense that each major alt (as in, not counting stuff like fanservice Zero Suit Samus or Shulk, or Jumpsuit Mac) had 8 colors, except for Bowser Jr. + Koopalings for obvious reasons.

Guess it's better than nothing, though. =/

Your avatar is looking at me condescendingly.:165:
Looking down on others is part of any dark lord's routine, after all. :evil:

"King Of Evil."

Totally not disturbing. And that Ganon is looking at me in a...questionable manner.

:4dedede:
You afraid of the Evil King? :demon:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Last time we saw the Evil King, he was immediately assimilated by a clownish shemale with a painting hangup.

Call me when he starts being a threat.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You afraid of the Evil King? :demon:
Oh, I'm not afraid of the Evil King. Unless he tries to make my face the greatest in Koradai.

I'm more afraid of the fact that he's looking at me with what is clearly a flirting face in the guise of "generic evil thing" face. :4dedede:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have low expectations on DLC myself. As we can see with Mario Kart 8, the DLC we could get for this game will probably be absolutely incredible. However, I don't want to have overblown expectations for the DLC; that might lead me to eventual disappointment.

As for alts, I hope that DLC could give us more. It's a shame that Little Mac has 16 alts while Wario, Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, and Olimar/Alph are stuck with a total of 8 alts. I wonder why Little Mac got the very special treatment...
Still, I was quite impressed with what they did with the alternate costumes in the game.

Forget the hilarious face, I wanna know when Ganon began believing in Jesus Christ.
He prayed to him to get buffs.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Well since we're talking about DLC, here's a question for you all. Would you pay for cosmetic and costume dlc? For example, if there was a "promotion/class change" pack for the FE characters or retro/Melee costumes or whatever, would you buy them? I'd probably wouldn't but what about you all?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well since we're talking about DLC, here's a question for you all. Would you pay for cosmetic and costume dlc? For example, if there was a "promotion/class change" pack for the FE characters or retro/Melee costumes or whatever, would you buy them? I'd probably wouldn't but what about you all?
Only if there's a hooded Robin and/or Lucina alts.

Hong

The Strongest
Last time I asked this, the Robin forum had a unanimous fangasm over Dread Fighter, Hooded Robin, and Grandmaster outfits, among others.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
If the prices are reasonable (say $1-2), then sure why not. Although I can't say that everyone would agree with that

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Last time I asked this, the Robin forum had a unanimous fangasm over Dread Fighter, Hooded Robin, and Grandmaster outfits, among others.
I suppose that doesn't surprise me. I personally, however, would rather see colors and hairstyles that pays homage to other FE tacticians. Like a male black one with long hair to resemble Soren and a female lavender one for Katarina. We can even throw Micaiah in the mix somewhere. Again, I'd probably wouldn't pay for them but I'd like to see them in action.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd pay goddamn $50 for Dread Fighter, I don't even care.

Milk me for my life savings if you want, Sakurai, just give me that costume.

Hong

The Strongest
I suppose that doesn't surprise me. I personally, however, would rather see colors and hairstyles that pays homage to other FE tacticians. Like a male black one with long hair to resemble Soren and a female lavender one for Katarina. We can even throw Micaiah in the mix somewhere. Again, I'd probably wouldn't pay for them but I'd like to see them in action.
Yeah. Both @ AustarusIV AustarusIV and I are on board for a Katarina outfit. We were kind of hoping we could have seen a lavender palette and hair styling for both genders of Robin, representing Katarina and Pent. I really like Katarina's Awakening design in particular.
I'd pay goddamn $50 for Dread Fighter, I don't even care.

Milk me for my life savings if you want, Sakurai, just give me that costume.
Raziek knows what it's all about. Dread Fighter outfit would be sick.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'd consider paying for a dread fighter costume.... for :4robinf:

Hong

The Strongest
I'd consider paying for a dread fighter costume.... for :4robinf:
There could be no other way. :107:

Could even go a step further with the DLC outfit and skin the bronze sword as well. Killing Edge looks pretty cool with the Dread Fighter outfit, for example.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
What if they pull off a Capcom and the opponent can't see your awesome costume? (online play of course)

You play the victory theme and then you both see the lame neutral Robin, would that be worth it?

Hong

The Strongest
What if they pull off a Capcom and the opponent can't see your awesome costume? (online play of course)

You play the victory theme and then you both see the lame neutral Robin, would that be worth it?
Well, I hope no one takes offence by this, but I think it would be kind of vain to be offended if someone else can't see your cosmetics. Especially since, at times, costumes can reduce the level of visual clarity in a product. I would go so far as to say that I like games that have an option to shut off cosmetics if someone wants to.

You still get to see it, your friends probably get to see it, and in some games everyone else who has the DLC does, so I can't say I would mind. I'm not really out there to show off, and probably bought that cosmetic change to make my character more appealing to me. "This is my Robin and this is how I want her to look."

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Most likely, yes, though it might depend on the character or alt. Obviously, I'm more likely to get a Robin alt than, say, a Little Mac alt.

I also second Hooded, Dread Fighter (especially for :4robinf:), and Katarina and Morgan.

They kind of do that in Awakening. If you fight an army with a Dread Fighter or Bride and lack the DLC for it, they just make them look like a Tactician.

I don't mind as long as I can see the costume, though I'd hope they'd make it so I could see it on the victory screen at least.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I know this isn't a topic dedicated to the Wii U modes, but has anyone ever been screwed over in Crazy Orders by 'conveniently' placed Gooey Bombs that just so happened to spawn in front of you as you are in the midst of charge a side smash? It's happened to me twice already ;__;

Last edited:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I know this isn't a topic dedicated to the Wii U modes, but has anyone ever been screwed over in Crazy Orders by 'conveniently' placed Gooey Bombs that just so happened to spawn in front of you as you are in the midst of charge a side smash? It's happened to me twice already ;__;
Every time I get to turn 20, I blow up or a lucky Smash Ball is broken by the enemy. Crazy Hand is a cheater.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This is why I can't stand items. This has happened to me too many times already.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I know this isn't a topic dedicated to the Wii U modes, but has anyone ever been screwed over in Crazy Orders EVERY ITEM ENABLED MODE EVER by 'conveniently' placed Gooey Bombs that just so happened to spawn in front of you as you are in the midst of charge a side smash? It's happened to me twice already ;__;
ftfy. :b But yeah, silliness like that makes a lot of the single player modes more frustrating than they need to be. Kinda wish there were more options to allow you to play the game the way you want to play it, rather than having all the single player stuff default to 'HA HA YOU'RE DROWNING IN ITEMS WOW SMASH BROS IS SOOOO WACKY LMAO' mode.

Hong

The Strongest
Myself as well. The number of times I have died to items in Single Player far outweighs actual death at the hands of my enemy.

Even if a Gust Bellows just drops on the ground next to them, dying to that doesn't really feel fair, you know?

D

Deleted member

This is why I can't stand items. This has happened to me too many times already.
I understand your pain. I was doing pretty well in Crazy Orders when, all of a sudden, a Bob-Omb appeared and killed me, ruining my run. I was incredibly disheartened when that happened...

Also, is it just me or do the carrier items explode 99.99% of the time? Whenever I throw a crate, barrel, or capsule, I expect them to explode...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Also, is it just me or do the carrier items explode 99.99% of the time? Whenever I throw a crate, barrel, or capsule, I expect them to explode...
hm. not really from me, that only explode when I DON'T want them to explode, like I throw it in't the air and forget about it until lands on me and kills me.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Hi guys, I'm back! Ya miss me?
Who are you, again? :troll:

Ok, this isn't exactly relevant, but that cutscene you posted has always bothered me a little. I like it, but it just doesn't make sense: Chrom and Lissa manage to find Robin after he/she has supposedly died, and they inexplicably decide to perfectly reenact their first meeting with Robin, which they manage to do at the exact moment Robin finally wakes up, all while not showing even the slightest sort of change or emotion that would indicate that they just found their best friend back from the dead.

:drfacepalm::drflip::drshrug::drohyou::drsad:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So in possibly the world's greatest display of irony, guess who is now an official Robin mod? :p

Shaymikyu

Even though in the past games I preferred items on, I find myself turning them off more here. Some of those items are a pain to escape, like Galaga. I've had many matches that were close just because the enemy got super lucky with item spawns.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So in possibly the world's greatest display of irony, guess who is now an official Robin mod? :p
Well, that certainly does have a fair bit of irony to it, but at the same time it makes quite a bit of sense...

WAIT, how did you become an official Robin mod before Hong did?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Even though in the past games I preferred items on, I find myself turning them off more here. Some of those items are a pain to escape, like Galaga. I've had many matches that were close just because the enemy got super lucky with item spawns.
Certain items are just unbearable.
Looking at you Gust Bellows
So in possibly the world's greatest display of irony, guess who is now an official Robin mod?
Congrats

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, this isn't exactly relevant, but that cutscene you posted has always bothered me a little. I like it, but it just doesn't make sense: Chrom and Lissa manage to find Robin after he/she has supposedly died, and they inexplicably decide to perfectly reenact their first meeting with Robin, which they manage to do at the exact moment Robin finally wakes up, all while not showing even the slightest sort of change or emotion that would indicate that they just found their best friend back from the dead.

I agree. I mean, I do like the fact that we see the cutscene change slightly when we first saw it...
Robin's hand doesn't have the mark of Grima anymore, signifying that he is no longer connected to him.

But it's so strange that they act the same way they did the first time they met Robin. It's as if they knew it was him and they felt the need to reenact what they did. I suppose that they needed a stronger reaction; their Tactician and close friend, who they presumed to be dead, is now revived... and they react to this the first time they saw him?
It doesn't bother me, but I don't think the reactions are believable.

Niiiiiiiiiice!

I hate items like Boss Galaga and the Beetle because they are hard to escape from. I could jam the control stick and mash buttons over and over, but I still can't escape; I believe that Boss Galaga was even the reason why I lost a match in Classic Mode. It also becomes a giant mess when you have "Boss Galaga Smashes" in Smash Tour where the only item is Boss Galaga...
My least favorite items have to be Dragoon and Daybreak, purely because I hate how if every one of the pieces appears, Smash Balls are disabled (they are more powerful than some Final Smashes, but I prefer the flashiness of Final Smashes and how they reflect each character).

Certain items are just unbearable.
Looking at you Gust Bellows
Oh yeah, and the Gust Bellows is really overpowered if you spam the living hell out of it. If you want to be a massive jerk to your friends, use the Gust Bellows; I hope that you still have friends after using it.

I guess anything CAN change...
And now it's time to tip the scales!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I am the man with name
The hero without a tile
The person the protects you
All without begin notice
I don't ask for recognition
All ask is you remember me
As the man with the mask
:troll:

I don't now, Magic? *shrugs*

I still love the scene though

Shaymikyu

I agree. I mean, I do like the fact that we see the cutscene change slightly when we first saw it...
Robin's hand doesn't have the mark of Grima anymore, signifying that he is no longer connected to him.

But it's so strange that they act the same way they did the first time they met Robin. It's as if they knew it was him and they felt the need to reenact what they did. I suppose that they needed a stronger reaction; their Tactician and close friend, who they presumed to be dead, is now revived... and they react to this the first time they saw him?
It doesn't bother me, but I don't think the reactions are believable.

Niiiiiiiiiice!

I hate items like Boss Galaga and the Beetle because they are hard to escape from. I could jam the control stick and mash buttons over and over, but I still can't escape; I believe that Boss Galaga was even the reason why I lost a match in Classic Mode. It also becomes a giant mess when you have "Boss Galaga Smashes" in Smash Tour where the only item is Boss Galaga...
My least favorite items have to be Dragoon and Daybreak, purely because I hate how if every one of the pieces appears, Smash Balls are disabled (they are more powerful than some Final Smashes, but I prefer the flashiness of Final Smashes and how they reflect each character).

Oh yeah, and the Gust Bellows is really overpowered if you spam the living hell out of it. If you want to be a massive jerk to your friends, use the Gust Bellows; I hope that you still have friends after using it.

And now it's time to tip the scales!
I didn't know that Dragoon and Daybreak disable final smashes (the one reason I don't like turning items off- I guess I could just switch off the ones bugging me).

Top Bottom