• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest

Female Robin's missing Greninja's tongue-scarf :troll:
I just want to say this is probably the most disgusting concept I have ever Photoshopped
So now that I actually have friends on my Wii U, which 98% of them are my fellow tacticians, I'm really starting to get this whole "tied by invisible bonds" thing that Robin goes on about. I can't explain it well but I get a strong sense of connection with everyone among the Robin boards and I feel not only proud, but happy to main Robin. Everyone here is entertaining and welcoming. I think part of the reason I enjoy playing Robin so much is that the Robin boards are actually active and I can communicate with other Robin users. Just thought I'd let you guys know that you're all awesome

TL;DR: It seems are fate's are joined, and I love you guys for being so great. Just wanted to get that out there.
Together we ride. :4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4robinf::4robinm::4roy:

It is an honour to share this journey with you. Happy to have you around.:4robinf:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
This is why I love modding these boards.

Our community is AWESOME.

What I love most about our community is how incredibly humble we are!

wait...

Seriously though, you guys and gals are awesome.

Last edited:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
What I love about these boards is that you meet all these wonderful, deep, funny, interesting people who are probably all messed-up psychopaths in real life.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What I love about these boards is that you meet all these wonderful, deep, funny, interesting people who are probably all messed-up psychopaths in real life.

Wouldn't have it any other way.
Nah, we're sane. The Internet is just a place to go wacko sometimes.

:4dedede:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I can't wait for Robin's Amiibo to release, just to see everyone's reaction here :joyful:
Expectation:
morgan1c_zps9ff0b82b.jpg

Reality:
monsterblossom.png

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
While I'm going to get an amiibo no matter how defective it may be, I am wondering what things we may find with them.

Also I know it's been said but Smash Tour is stupid. While the initial concept of it looked fun in my book (I'm a huge Mario Party fan what can I say) the actual mode is garbage. I decided to play it to complete some challenges and I ended up rage quitting before the game was halfway over.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
While I'm going to get an amiibo no matter how defective it may be, I am wondering what things we may find with them.

Also I know it's been said but Smash Tour is stupid. While the initial concept of it looked fun in my book (I'm a huge Mario Party fan what can I say) the actual mode is garbage. I decided to play it to complete some challenges and I ended up rage quitting before the game was halfway over.
I like Mario Party too, so this makes me sad.

Those who have the Wii U version- is it better or worse than Smash Run?

Hong

The Strongest
Dokapon Kingdom > Mario Party 1 > Smash Run > Most of the Mario Party games

Of course I am not exactly a cultured connoisseur of the series. I hate RNG so I probably lack a fair opinion.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I never really understood all the hate Mario Party gets. I mean, I get that people can get ticked off when people jump out and steal stars or mess up in a co-op party game but why do people take it so seriously? You're playing as Italian plumbers going against overgrown lizards, ghosts, toadstool people, and the queen of the toadstool people in a battle royal board game. You shouldn't be any more angry at other players then if you were playing a game of monopoly and land on the Boardwalk. Its worth a groan, and maybe a few taunts at the most.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Those who have the Wii U version- is it better or worse than Smash Run?
Smash Tour is very inferior in my opinion.

Smash Run has freedom to choose what character to play in a simple and fun way that has variety of challenges at the end. You beat enemies and get power ups till you fight at the end.

Smash Tour is a board game type mode where all you do is walk around a map, pick up fighters and stat boosts until a battle starts. Your fighters are random and have a risk of being lost. Items are heavily played and it's a mess of chaos. Battles can happen almost every turn, so odds are that you won't be playing with one charcter for long. If literally everything wasn't random then it might be alright, but it's really just a bunch of chaos.

Hong

The Strongest
How do you tolerate Fire Emblem?
And to that:
I always played with very a very consistent, healer-heavy play style, with bare-minimal deployment counts (usually about 8 characters fielded end-game). Deaths are extremely rare for me, and I went FEs 6 to 9 without a single one on the first play through with my play style, since I assume anything with less than a 90% hitrate will miss, and any dodge above 20% will fail.
Fire Emblem is only an RNG-dependant game if you want it to be. A lot of people get upset when they see 84% hit chance and miss, or a 31% dodge rate but still take a hit. They will message me like "Oh, I had 91% chance of hitting and I missed! Who even play tests this ****!" When, in truth, they only failed because they were greedy, and were not prepared for that small (but evident) chance of failure, which the game for not one moment had hidden from them.

In actuality, the way i see things, if you hit the enemy at 84% hit rate, you got lucky. In 1/10 of those situations (assuming FE6-13 style hit/avoid calculations), you would have missed. I don't like those chances, and only "gamble" when I am strategically prepared to handle the worse of the two outcomes. So, for instance, if I take that 9/10 chance and fail, it's because I had a 100% hitrate, strong, consistent, reliable Archer waiting to make that hit. A unit that gets flack for having no defensive phase, even though healers (one of your most important units) don't either and don't get the same prejudice, nevermind the fact the majority of classes were not meant to be taking hits to begin with.

To those who been playing Fire Emblem from the seventh entry, who think it's a series reliant on RNG:

Ah you think Fire Emblem is your ally? You merely adopted Fire Emblem. I was born in it, moulded by it.

My unit compositions favour Archers and Knights over flashy units that award luck, like the Myrmidon, because while Fire Emblem will always have the sometimes luck-based element of memory, the most strategically sound compositions favour consistency. No game, no difficulty setting, no challenge, has stood up to a strong and steady push of 100% reliable units, kept at a minimal number to handle the array of tasks and potential threats in a given environment. Even with "bad rolls" on a level up.

Well, okay, I will admit I do reset the game for the early chapters of FE12 if I get a bad level. :b

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Maybe I'm just a hater but I despise most of the new modes in Smash 4, including both Smash Run and Smash Tour. God I miss adventure mode. Heck, I even miss Subspace Emissary because at least that can be fun with a friend.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The only new mode I actually find myself enjoying playthroughs of consistently is Crazy Orders. I kinda like the gauntlet setup, and it has the extra strategy of the time limit and being able to choose between challenges.
Even if it's just fighting AIs, I actually like it quite a bit.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It sure would be nice to be able to offer an opinion on Smash Wii U stuff...

If I had one.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My biggest wish for a game mode has always been a Metroidvania-style Adventure Mode, kind of like the "Great Cave Offensive mode" in Kirby Super Star. Essentially, I want to see a beefed up version of the old adventure mode we had in Melee, along with the end parts of the SSE where you go back to past areas you've visited.

I don't care at all for Smash Run or Smash Tour, because those things bore me to tears. Give me some real platforming, Nintendo. :drflip:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I would have enjoyed bite sized SSE moments regarding franchises/team ups and story segments would be introduced through a quick drawing (like MGS did in one game that I forgot).

An example being the Mushroom Kingdom needs to stop Bowser and the Koopalings through 3-5 battles consisting of different rules. Maybe being the Koopas and messing with Mario would be another story.

Some franchises would team up like Classics meet modern. Some can fight such as the FE vs Zelda crew and you take sides and you'd receive items/customs/trophies based on the side you chose.

Probably asking for too much but wishful thinking.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

My friends had fun with it when I was playing with them...But that was primarily because I was a better Smash player than them, and it gave them the chance to team up against me and constantly screw me over the same way they do in Mario Party. Not fond of it personally though I find it funny people everywhere are now waxing nostalgic about Subspace Emissary when all I remember from Brawl's initial release was people ranting about how terrible it was and how they wish they stuck to Melee's Adventure Mode.

To those who been playing Fire Emblem from the seventh entry, who think it's a series reliant on RNG:

Ah you think Fire Emblem is your ally? You merely adopted Fire Emblem. I was born in it, moulded by it.

I want to make a witty response involving Joseph Joestar...But I can't. So here's an image of him with the same basic joke.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Crazy Orders are hard, but I think Master Orders have merit too. I've lost hoards of gold on overestimation.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You guys seem to only talk about things I can talk about when I am not present.
Of course, I have already shared my opinion on the new single-player modes.

Crazy / Master Orders = Fun, mildly challenging, and lucrative. 9/10

Classic Mode = Still not Arcade Mode, too long, only gives one chance at beating a difficulty, forced Master Core is stupid. 5/10

Event Mode = So ****ING HARD. The events are pretty creative, but ridiculously hard. Melee's is better. 7/10

Multi-Man Smash = They made a boring mode into a nightmare thanks to Mii Fighters and their ****ING COMBOS. 3/10

Target Blast = Lame and unpredictable. 6/10

Home-Run Contest = More fun than previous games, for some reason. 7/10

All-Star = There's a special place in Hell reserved for the person who took away continues and made you fight 50 characters at once. 3/10

Smash Tour = Boring, infuriating, RNG-based garbage. I played this to get the Pac-Land stage and never looked back. 0/10

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

Ol' Nook wasn't kidding when he told you he expected loan payments weekly.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Funny how I wasted so much time on Crazy Orders to the point I'd actually spend all my tickets out. On the other hand, I also unlocked Quick Stopper + Smooth Landing Badges. Hella sweet.

Crazy Orders I find easy to exploit if you use all of the Attacker-equipment because the A.I is very stupid and nonthreatening most of the time and if you have a character who can kill them easy around 50% (Pit's Upperdasher for example), the mode can be a fun treat. Just avoid Metal Foes or Team Battles, or FFAs with more than 3 players. 1 on 1s become piss-easy. Giant Battles fall in the middle, but if you rack damage quick to 100%+, should be easy.

I mostly seem to lose due to the stage hazard or bosses, or A.I suddenly become all-out devilish to get on my face. Strange.

Master Orders is... eh. I guess because you keep losing money all the time anyway and mostly you garner (lol) equipment. I have to see if you can cycle in and out from the ticket selection menu to have it change selection until you see a CD for grinding.

Speaking of grinding Custom Move grinding is bull**** in this game. I have no idea why they want to emphasize on something completely left on RNG.

Also I would have also killed for HD Smash Run, but considering how that can't be even customized, I'm sure it'd have become kinda shallow too, even as not much as Smash Tour.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Funny how I wasted so much time on Crazy Orders to the point I'd actually spend all my tickets out. On the other hand, I also unlocked Quick Stopper + Smooth Landing Badges. Hella sweet.
Crazy Orders I find easy to exploit if you use all of the Attacker-equipment because the A.I is very stupid and nonthreatening most of the time and if you have a character who can kill them easy around 50% (Pit's Upperdasher for example), the mode can be a fun treat. Just avoid Metal Foes or Team Battles, or FFAs with more than 3 players. 1 on 1s become piss-easy. Giant Battles fall in the middle, but if you rack damage quick to 100%+, should be easy.
I mostly seem to lose due to the stage hazard or bosses, or A.I suddenly become all-out devilish to get on my face. Strange.
To me, the best strategy is equipping KO Healer and Vampire badges and then something to increase attack power on Ganondorf and kicking everyone all to hell.

The easiest battles up to about turn 10 are the Giant Battles. After that, Horde or 1-on-1's.

Beware, though, Giant Battles will become horribly hard once you get far enough.
I fought a Giant Marth one time. I used Warlock Punch on him and he countered. That was, well, where that run ended.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
To me, the best strategy is equipping KO Healer and Vampire badges and then something to increase attack power on Ganondorf and kicking everyone all to hell.

The easiest battles up to about turn 10 are the Giant Battles. After that, Horde or 1-on-1's.

Beware, though, Giant Battles will become horribly hard once you get far enough.
I fought a Giant Marth one time. I used Warlock Punch on him and he countered. That was, well, where that run ended.
Yeah, Giant battles and 1v1s are the easiest generally. The nice thing about Crazy Orders is that you also always know exactly what you're getting into with a given challenge since they show you the stage you'll have to fight on and whether items are present. I lean towards Metal Battles, actually, over large team battles or FFAs. There's just something really cathartic about getting a derpy metal AI up to high percents and then repeatedly grabbing and pummeling them for days, since they aren't smart enough to mash out (knee knee knee knee knee knee...).

D

Deleted member

For my short opinions on the modes on the Wii U version:
-Master Orders/Crazy Orders: Very fun and rewarding modes. I enjoy the mixed challenges of Master Orders, but I am not a fan of losing coins just to gain equipment and such. As for Crazy Orders, I like the risk vs. reward scenario and I like how it involves strategy; it's just a shame that Crazy Hand Passes are infrequent.
-Classic Mode: They really botched this one. I liked it far more in the 3DS version since I could choose my path and the battles were still varied. Here, you are forced into 8-Player Smash in nearly every battle and it just gets boring after a while. I am not a fan of being forced to fight Master Core either. Bigger isn't always better.
-Event Mode: A step up from Brawl's, but these events can be frustrating. I still find Melee's to be better.
-Multi-Man Smash: Like previous games, this mode is boring. But now, it is even more boring and now even more frustrating. I hate Cruel Smash with a passion in this iteration.
-Target Blast: A boring Angry Birds clone that doesn't serve as a good or fun replacement to Target Smash.
-Home-Run Contest: Still a pretty boring mode to me. I am not a massive fan of this mode anyway.
-All-Star Mode: Wanna know how you can make an already bad mode worse? You only get one life, one chance at this. If you die, it's over and this roster is freaking huge. I don't understand why they can't just cut this mode.
-Smash Tour: This is by far the most boring mode in Smash history as it's purely based on RNG and the CPUs are out to get you. The maps are also boring and the events randomly happen; good luck encountering a Metroid for Challenges because I haven't yet. The only thing that it has going for it is the last battle where you take your fighters and duke it out, but that should be a different mode regardless (like what they did in the new PM update). I would take Smash Run in HD over this and I am sad that we got Smash Tour and not something like a Melee-styled Adventure Mode.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
-Master Orders/Crazy Orders: Very fun and rewarding modes. I enjoy the mixed challenges of Master Orders, but I am not a fan of losing coins just to gain equipment and such. As for Crazy Orders, I like the risk vs. reward scenario and I like how it involves strategy; it's just a shame that Crazy Hand Passes are infrequent.
-Classic Mode: They really botched this one. I liked it far more in the 3DS version since I could choose my path and the battles were still varied. Here, you are forced into 8-Player Smash in nearly every battle and it just gets boring after a while. I am not a fan of being forced to fight Master Core either. Bigger isn't always better.
-Event Mode: A step up from Brawl's, but these events can be frustrating. I still find Melee's to be better.
-Multi-Man Smash: Like previous games, this mode is boring. But now, it is even more boring and now even more frustrating. I hate Cruel Smash with a passion in this iteration.
-Target Blast: A boring Angry Birds clone that doesn't serve as a good or fun replacement to Target Smash.
-Home-Run Contest: Still a pretty boring mode to me. I am not a massive fan of this mode anyway.
-All-Star Mode: Wanna know how you can make an already bad mode worse? You only get one life, one chance at this. If you die, it's over and this roster is freaking huge. I don't understand why they can't just cut this mode.
-Smash Tour: This is by far the most boring mode in Smash history as it's purely based on RNG and the CPUs are out to get you. The maps are also boring and the events randomly happen; good luck encountering a Metroid for Challenges because I haven't yet. The only thing that it has going for it is the last battle where you take your fighters and duke it out, but that should be a different mode regardless (like what they did in the new PM update). I would take Smash Run in HD over this and I am sad that we got Smash Tour and not something like a Melee-styled Adventure Mode.
Pretty much exactly what I said, however, you did address Classic Mode's 8-player Smash obsession.
Wonderful! I get to fight on the same 5 stages with items vs. a team of seven other people!
Oh? Is that last part inaccurate? I can't tell what the hell happens in those battles anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty much exactly what I said, however, you did address Classic Mode's 8-player Smash obsession.
Wonderful! I get to fight on the same 5 stages with items vs. a team of seven other people!
Oh? Is that last part inaccurate? I can't tell what the hell happens in those battles anyway.
Another problem with 8-Player Smash is that I can't tell where my character is at times, resulting in some deaths.
The stages are also always the same freaking stages and it gets immensely boring. I often try to go for the battles on a non-8-Player Smash stage just so that I could avoid it. Some stages are pretty poor for 8-Player Smash, like Kongo Jungle since that stage is pretty small and Yoshi's Island because the layout of it is very irregular.
I also hate having to fight Master Core at the end on some Intensities. The battle is pretty long and I am not always in the mood to fight it, but I want to go on higher Intensities. I liked how in the 3DS version where I had the choice between to fight just Master Hand or fight both Master Hand and Crazy Hand because I can fight on higher Intensities without having to fight Master Core.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Amen to that

Classic Mode isn't fun in my opinion. Too hectic with the 8P Smashes, I'm always seeing the same stages of seven from the large bundle of 40+, Master Fortress is frustrating and last but not least, I hate the difficulty drop after a game over. It simply serves as a quick press on No to a "Continue?"

I miss the old set-up of Classic from the previous titles (with the bonus games) but considering how long those could take and the beefed up roster...

D

Deleted member

I miss the old set-up of Classic from the previous titles (with the bonus games) but considering how long those could take and the beefed up roster...
It makes me wonder if having to beat Classic Mode and All-Star Mode with every character is even worth it. I think that they should cut All-Star Mode in the next game because it takes way too long and it gets really repetitive really fast in my opinion. Imagine if we had a roster of over 100 characters...

So I guess we can all agree that Crazy Orders is the only good single-player mode now?
I say Master Orders and Crazy Orders are the only good modes in single player. If I play single player, I will play either one of these modes.

Top Bottom