• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Laurent x Morgan. I would totally play tome stackers with her.

And Cherche x Stahl is definitely growing on me.

By the way, does anyone have any pairing suggestions for Miriel? I think I've narrowed it down to Lon'qu, Gregor, Kellam, Virion, and Henry, but if you have any better ideas, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
She liked it out of pity.

Anyone here like Shakespeare?
Depends on the play, but I do like The Tempest and Hamlet quite a bit. Speaking of which I recently saw Prospero's Books (a 1991 adaptation of the Tempest directed by Peter Greenaway) and good Agnostic Christ! It's a freaking acid trip and a half!

although at least I can comprehend what they are saying.
To be fair, you can't expect the language structure of plays from hundreds of years ago to perfectly match our current one, especially when it's poetic language. Plus, most of the better publications of Shakespeare stories (Signet Classics) provide plenty of context for what certain phrases mean to make it easier to read.

I have never seen the appeal of tragedy unless you have some sort of perfect life where you don't need entertainment or escapism.
It's not a big deal with Shakespeare, but this is huge factor in why I cannot comprehend the fandom behind Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.
Keep in mind a very common trope to tragedies is hope for a better future after the tragedy has past, and rarely is a tragedy composed 100% of 'life is ****'. There are fun moments in Walking Dead (unless it's the awful TV series) and Game of Thrones. Arya is awesome and Tyrion's smarmy, but witty wordplay is a joy to read (as is seeing him *****-slap his Scum of the Earth nephew). The same applies to something like Hamlet. Okay, everybody dies, but weren't Hamlet's insane antics amusing (and sad/tragic in a way...But I like to look at the amusing part)?

I'm not going to say The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, or most Shakespeare plays are sunshine and rainbows, but I don't mind a bit of tragedy. Also, not all Shakespeare plays are tragedies and some, such as A Midsummer Night's Dream more or less have traditional 'happy' endings. Although Hippolyta remains forcibly married to Theseus in all of his dickishness, which I didn't like, but at least she disses his masculinity by belittling his 'hounds'.

All this said, I can't stand Romeo & Juliet simply because I find the characters irredeemably bland, and most of the actions that lead up to the tragedy unfathomably stupid. I remember my Honors English teacher back in high school saying something along the lines of, "If you can get past the fact that these 2 characters literally knew each other for 1 day, it's a great love story!". My basic response was, "I CAN'T!". In fact, I like to think the Disney film, Frozen, took a stab at this aspect of Romeo & Juliet with Anna and Hans, something that made me enjoy the film even more.

Just so I can relate this somewhat to Fire Emblem at least one of guys working on the game likes Shakespeare. Also, I'm typing all of this when I should be finishing an essay on masculinity in Shakespeare plays. Heheheh.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't really have much to say here except that the point I was trying to make is that sad endings do not appeal to me plain and simple...nor does any story with a grim outlook all of the time. Also, shots fired at the Walking Dead show. I don't like it, but what makes it worse than the comic?

Also, you reminded me, I actually like the Tempest a lot. Only Shakespeare story I remember positively, honestly.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

By the way, does anyone have any pairing suggestions for Miriel? I think I've narrowed it down to Lon'qu, Gregor, Kellam, Virion, and Henry, but if you have any better ideas, I'm all ears.
Gregor leads to broken Sorcerer Laurent who runs Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath, Tomefaire, Armthrift/Limit Break. Basically when at half HP he always goes first, has an insane crit chance, and vengence bonus dmg.

Kellam leads to a decent Sorcerer Tank Laurent. Luna, Pavise, Tomefaire, Renewal, Some filler

Lon'qu does the same thing Gregor does, minus Wrath, though of the three abilties Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath, wrath is the least important.

I am kinda crazy and have builds already planned out for multiple hypothetical playthroughs, so you can generally ask me for build advice.

Also, if we are talking about pairings I just like a lot...

Henry x Olivia, Severa x Owain, Gerome x Cynthia, F!Morgan x Ingio, M!Morgan x Nah, and M!Robin x Lucina (if my avatar wasn't obvious enough)

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I honestly just wish there was a bit more depth to Awakening.
It was great don't get me wrong, but it felt a bit lacking after the story. DLC was nice, but for a FE game, twas a bit bare bones.

LousyTactician

shots fired at the Walking Dead show. I don't like it, but what makes it worse than the comic?
I pretty much stopped watching around the beginning of the second season, but I despised every single character in that show without exception. I'm expecting some dickery from a TV show that uses the Walking Dead I.P, but not to the point that I literally want to see EVERY character die horribly. Season 2 of Telltale's Walking Dead almost had this problem, which was one thing that greatly disappointed me, but even in its worst moments I still had someone to care about, and it doesn't have the neutered thematic content the TV series has. You might actually like the comics less since they're MUCH more brutal, although they're much more well-written too.

Some people tell me the TV series gets better, but I personally hate the, "It gets better later on" argument. I'm 99% certain the vast majority of people who are into the TV series watch it purely to see who they hate die.

I honestly just wish there was a bit more depth to Awakening.
It was great don't get me wrong, but it felt a bit lacking after the story. DLC was nice, but for a FE game, twas a bit bare bones.
Story-wise, yes, I thought the main plot could have used a bit more depth (though it's understandable since they had to write out hundreds of support conversations), but I didn't really think it was that lacking in content even without the DLC.

Out of curiosity what are everyone's thoughts on the Future Past DLC? Because I freaking loved it!

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I pretty much stopped watching around the beginning of the second season, but I despised every single character in that show without exception. I'm expecting some ****ery from a TV show that uses the Walking Dead I.P, but not to the point that I literally want to see EVERY character die horribly. Season 2 of Telltale's Walking Dead almost had this problem, which was one thing that greatly disappointed me, but even in its worst moments I still had someone to care about, and it doesn't have the neutered thematic content the TV series has. You might actually like the comics less since they're MUCH more brutal, although they're much more well-written too.

Some people tell me the TV series gets better, but I personally hate the, "It gets better later on" argument. I'm 99% certain the vast majority of people who are into the TV series watch it purely to see who they hate die.
I honestly only watched it due to a pestering friend and the zombie apocalypse premise, but it dragged on with little notion to the whole reason why they live in that dystopia. The Season 1 finale with the CDC doctor trying to find a cure had me genuinely interested, however I just had better things to watch and my interest in the show as a whole diminished.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm so glad they didn't tie the promotion of the main characters in Awakening to the story.

Listen, I understand the dramatic significance of having them promote at a certain point of the story...

But it's just not worth it.

Let the player promote their units as early or as late as they want. Whenever you play an older Fire Emblem, you have to play this stupid game where you don't want to level your lord too quickly, otherwise they reach their level cap too soon and you don't want to use them because then the EXP is wasted. Which is kind of awful because, since your lord in particular is forced to the field (along with other important characters) and you kind of want to level them as much as possible to get the most out of them.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'm so glad they didn't tie the promotion of the main characters in Awakening to the story.

Listen, I understand the dramatic significance of having them promote at a certain point of the story...

Let the player promote their units as early or as late as they want. Whenever you play an older Fire Emblem, you have to play this stupid game where you don't want to level your lord too quickly, otherwise they reach their level cap too soon and you don't want to use them because then the EXP is wasted. Which is kind of awful because, since your lord in particular is forced to the field (along with other important characters) and you kind of want to level them as much as possible to get the most out of them.
True that. Though I will admit I totally always promote Chrom as soon as I finish chapter 7, since then he's carrying around the Fire Emblem he just got XP

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Gregor leads to broken Sorcerer Laurent who runs Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath, Tomefaire, Armthrift/Limit Break. Basically when at half HP he always goes first, has an insane crit chance, and vengence bonus dmg.

Kellam leads to a decent Sorcerer Tank Laurent. Luna, Pavise, Tomefaire, Renewal, Some filler

Lon'qu does the same thing Gregor does, minus Wrath, though of the three abilties Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath, wrath is the least important.

I am kinda crazy and have builds already planned out for multiple hypothetical playthroughs, so you can generally ask me for build advice.

Also, if we are talking about pairings I just like a lot...

Henry x Olivia, Severa x Owain, Gerome x Cynthia, F!Morgan x Ingio, M!Morgan x Nah, and M!Robin x Lucina (if my avatar wasn't obvious enough)
But doesn't Laurent already have the beserker class? Miriel passes it down instead of troubador. Thanks for the suggestions, though. And Armsthrift is always nice.

LousyTactician

The only real time I had an issue with this was with Roy in FE6, who gets promoted WAY too late in the game. As long as they make sure the lord in question gets promoted at an early enough point in time I don't particularly care 1 way or the other.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
But doesn't Laurent already have the beserker class? Miriel passes it down instead of troubador. Thanks for the suggestions, though. And Armsthrift is always nice.
Oh, he totally does. I just forgot about that, since I was trying to remember it off the top of my head. Derp.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I missed this on the last page, but I adore my Gregor!Laurent. He's probably my best unit in my first run, even better than Morgan, Lucina, Chrom, or Robin. We'll see if he's better or worse than my Lucina!Morgan and Yarne!Morgan on my other two runs, though.

Ricken/Miriel also gives you lots of magic, but it's only really useful if you plan on marrying Laurent for ridiculously magic Morgan (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I was wondering about how promotions worked in past FE games, since it seems like I can't switch classes around in FE7. Awakening has spoiled me.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I missed this on the last page, but I adore my Gregor!Laurent. He's probably my best unit in my first run, even better than Morgan, Lucina, Chrom, or Robin. We'll see if he's better or worse than my Lucina!Morgan and Yarne!Morgan on my other two runs, though.

Ricken/Miriel also gives you lots of magic, but it's only really useful if you plan on marrying Laurent for ridiculously magic Morgan (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Its actually not bad in general. That high magic plus a sorcerer's good defenses makes for a fairly powerful tanky sorcerer

Luna and/or Tomefaire would be a must, with then a ton of good skills to select from depending on if he's going to do lead or take support role. Counter, Tomebreaker, Bowbreaker, Aegis, Dual Guard +, inherited Dual Support +, Vengeance, Hit +20 (to deal with that pesky now hit rate on Dark Magic), Reniewal, Wrath. This is actually one of the better builds if you are planning to have Laurent support another powerful frontliner.

That build would be Tomefaire, Dual Support +, Dual Guard +, Anathema, Aggressor/Limit Break depending on what DLC you have.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I really do think Tharja is good with Libra, and their ending spiel is cute. Other ships I like are Lon'qu x Lissa, Brady x Morgan, Robin x Lucina, Noire x Inigo (NOW FLIRT WITH ME!), Panne x Virion, and Nah x Yarne. There's only one pairing I actively dislike though, and it's Cordelia x Frederick. The S Support just reeks of "I'm settling for you because I can't have Chrom."

At least they both probably fantasize about Chrom in bed. :p

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I really do think Tharja is good with Libra, and their ending spiel is cute. Other ships I like are Lon'qu x Lissa, Brady x Morgan, Robin x Lucina, Noire x Inigo (NOW FLIRT WITH ME!), Panne x Virion, and Nah x Yarne. There's only one pairing I actively dislike though, and it's Cordelia x Frederick. The S Support just reeks of "I'm settling for you because I can't have Chrom."

I prefer Cordelia with Stahl, since in that S support she actually moves on rather then being like "sigh, I guess I'll just settle for you"

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
This is a true masterpiece. I will print this out and hang it on my wall.

Edit: Fixed. I had a brainfart and thought I might've already replied. :4robinm:
das kewl

Any fellow Tactician drawings planned(or halted for) after you finish those Secret Santas?
Mmm… I dunno if I'll do any more renders, I kinda lost the groove. If I'm really feeling it a comedic doodle might come along. Other than that I have stupid animations for my Digital design class of robin, but that's about it for now.

It's probably been asked a time or two before, but what is everyone's favourite Fire Emblem class?
CONQUeRERS AND GRANDMASTERS
But no really there are so many classes to like, it's hard to pick just one.
We can't forget Lords either

I actually had a detailed response regarding my favorite classes but it didn't save properly. Curses.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is a true masterpiece. I will print this out and hang it on my wall.
Mmm… I dunno if I'll do any more renders, I kinda lost the groove. If I'm really feeling it a comedic doodle might come along. Other than that I have stupid animations for my Digital design class of robin, but that's about it for now.
that moment when your first questchin was unanswered and for some reason removed :dizzy:

Indeed it is.

NO DONT STOP ;_;

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
You know how in Smash community we sometimes have events where famous players of a given character all play each other and the one who wins the most series is considered the victor?

When it's time for mains of the Tactician to do battle, it will be a literal Round Robin. :4robinf::4robinm:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

The drawing train has no brakes…. It just gets slowed down by textbooks every so often.
History textbooks in particular.
Oh, that's fine. Your drawing skills are just too awesome to simply stop like that.

plus i kinda wanna see your take on mister dark robin :)

Shaymikyu

Tharja/Libra is one of the rare Tharja pairings I like, since it hints she isn't as terrible a mother at the end of it all. Lon'qu/Lissa is neat because their supports tie in well to how Owain's father died, since Lon'qu takes an arrow for Lissa in one of them.

I really wanted to like Frederick/Cordelia, but that S Support really steered me away from it.
I prefer Cordelia with Stahl, since in that S support she actually moves on rather then being like "sigh, I guess I'll just settle for you"
Her support with Kellam also doesn't even mention Chrom once.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Tharja/Libra is one of the rare Tharja pairings I like, since it hints she isn't as terrible a mother at the end of it all. Lon'qu/Lissa is neat because their supports tie in well to how Owain's father died, since Lon'qu takes an arrow for Lissa in one of them.

I really wanted to like Frederick/Cordelia, but that S Support really steered me away from it.

I mean, her support with Stahl does mention Chrom, but literally only as Cordelia is explaining she has fallen in love with him over Chrom now.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Not only that, Owain actually looks a lot like Lon'qu, which I feel is nice. It helps tie the whole ship together.

I think Cordelia's supports with Gregor are pretty sweet, too, and they actually show her getting over Chrom. I quite like that pair for her.

LousyTactician

Yeah, that bothered me. However, I really liked how they handled Cordelia's support conversations with Sumia though. Sumia is basically the default pairing for Chrom, but they don't waste any time talking about the (hunky) doofus.

Too bad there are only hetero pairings
Possibilities...
Yeah, it's a shame. I kind of understand why since it would make the process of how the characters had kids a little confusing, unless we assume they can somehow pass down skills to adopted kids, but I do hope if they ever make another marriage focused FE they'll include more than just hetero pairings. Though if we're all being honest the male tactician and Chrom are so 'close' they might as well be married.

Edit: I laughed at the image above, and I approve.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I can never bring myself to marry Kjelle to any of the guys ever since I saw her Harvest Scramble DLC convo with Severa which pretty much outright stated she was a lesbian.

Hong

The Strongest
I know Intelligent Systems has certainly heard the feedback, so it's up to them if they ever want to have that kind of feature some day. For better or for worse, it would draw some much-needed attention to the franchise.

Game mechanics is not even an issue, and the children would not be hard to explain. For instance, perhaps the adopted children have their artwork hair colour. Not like skills being inherited is explicitly biological in nature. Can be just as well passed down by teaching, as was usually the case with martial arts historically.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Or you know, not actually focus on this shipping horse****.

Hell, just don't make everyone an unlikable living joke, that would at least be tolerable.

Hong

The Strongest
http://askrideranddancer.tumblr.com/
Here you go. Please don't ask how I found this. *hides*
No shame in it. I have plenty of my own saved.

Like this.

This one is nice, too.

I have no shame.

Or you know, not actually focus on this shipping horse****.

Hell, just don't make everyone an unlikable living joke, that would at least be tolerable.
Well, I rather not have the children system overall. I liked it more when marriage was confined to character endings.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I didn't focus on marriages on my first run and went with the flow though I made surprisingly good childern like Stahl Severa, Owain,Gregor Laurent and Lucina Morgan ( which was intentional because :4lucina:=:love:).

On another note, had anyone beat Apotheosis yet? I beaten the normal route but I didn't tried the secret route yet. Busy playing other games.

Shaymikyu

I would be all over ChromxGaius, SumiaxCordelia, GeromexInigo, and KjellexSevera.
Chrom/Gaius would be fun, as would Chrom/Frederick. And Kjelle/Severa got teased, so it has a start.

Also, Yarne/M!Morgan, Owain/M!Morgan, Lucina/Severa, Lucina/Cynthia, F!Robin/Sumia (I would have S-Supported this if possible), Lissa/Maribelle, Chrom/Priam (Marth's descendent x Ike's descendent), Nowi/Panne (mainly because their Summer Scramble convo is sweet), F!Robin/Cordelia (same), F!Robin/Tharja... Heck, I'd be all for it if it meant F!Robin getting more two kid pairings.
I know Intelligent Systems has certainly heard the feedback, so it's up to them if they ever want to have that kind of feature some day. For better or for worse, it would draw some much-needed attention to the franchise.

Game mechanics is not even an issue, and the children would not be hard to explain. For instance, perhaps the adopted children have their artwork hair colour. Not like skills being inherited is explicitly biological in nature. Can be just as well passed down by teaching, as was usually the case with martial arts historically.
Adoption could work. Yarne could be explained as there being another Taguel out there after all... The only one that might have an issue is Lucina's non-Chrom parent, since she specifically has the exalt brand, but I'm sure they could find a way to explain it somehow.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Double Post
Those...pairings...and that non hetero last one.

View attachment 32447
But to be fair, have you seen Severa and Kjelle's conversation in the Harvest Scramble. That pairing is basically as canon as it can get at that point without having an actual S support.

I didn't focus on marriages on my first run and went with the flow though I made surprisingly good childern like Stahl Severa, Owain,Gregor Laurent and Lucina Morgan ( which was intentional because :4lucina:=:love:).

On another note, had anyone beat Apotheosis yet? I beaten the normal route but I didn't tried the secret route yet. Busy playing other games.
I am trying to figure out which of those listed were pairings and which were parent-kids. For the sake of my confusion, please explain.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I would be all over ChromxGaius, SumiaxCordelia, GeromexInigo, and KjellexSevera.
((We need non hetero pairings just so female Robin x Tharja can happen. fRobin literally has the same supports with her as mRobin so MAKE IT HAPPEN INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS))

plus Chrom x male Robin is the otp so being able to pair any genders together makes that a thing, the bromance is just too strong

Last edited:
Top Bottom