• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Also, needlessly filthy and stupid.
Shakespeare tragedy doesn't really appeal to me. It's like using a deus ex machina to kill off your main characters rather than save them.
While I prefer happy or bittersweet endings, I don't mind tragedy. I just honestly couldn't get invested in the characters themselves or their story. And yes, I'm aware that Shakespeare intended their romance to be infatuation and not TWU WUV.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While I prefer happy or bittersweet endings, I don't mind tragedy. I just honestly couldn't get invested in the characters themselves or their story. And yes, I'm aware that Shakespeare intended their romance to be infatuation and not TWU WUV.
I have never seen the appeal of tragedy unless you have some sort of perfect life where you don't need entertainment or escapism.
It's not a big deal with Shakespeare, but this is huge factor in why I cannot comprehend the fandom behind Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.

And yeah, regardless of that preference I would not like Romeo and Juliet. It's never a good sign when your two main characters are obnoxiously annoying.

Hong

The Strongest
I like Shakespeare. As someone who enjoys wuxia film and literature, can't say I mind tragedy.

Shaymikyu

While I prefer non-tragedies to tragedies, sometimes it just sticks with you when you're watching someone march towards their downfall, especially when done slowly. If it's poorly written or a downer ending is tacked on, it irks me, but when done write, it can be fascinating.

Admittedly, though, I can't stand anything that's very mean-spirited, even when well done. There might be one or two exceptions, but not many. My favorite endings tend to be either bittersweet or really, really earned happy endings.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I remember reading Romeo & Juliet in my freshman year of high school. It was meh as far I as I can remember. I do remember seeing two movie adaptations after reading the play, the 1968 and 1996 versions.

The other Shakespeare plays I read over the next three years were Twelfth Night (a comedy), Macbeth and Hamlet. And by reading Hamlet, I meant my class watched the 1996 film adaptation because I believe my teacher had no faith in half the class understanding what was going on.

Shaymikyu

I remember reading Romeo & Juliet in my freshman year of high school. It was meh as far I as I can remember. I do remember seeing two movie adaptations after reading the play, the 1968 and 1996 versions.

The other Shakespeare plays I read over the next three years were Twelfth Night (a comedy), Macbeth and Hamlet. And by reading Hamlet, I meant my class watched the 1996 film adaptation because I believe my teacher had no faith in half the class understanding what was going on.
We got to go see Hamlet performed at the Old Globe (the San Diego replica, not the real deal) when I was in high school. It's not my favorite Shakespeare play, but it was a cool experience.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a huge fan of Shakespearean plays because the extreme melodrama of so many of the characters.

The entirety of Romeo and Juliet was something I really did not enjoy because of the drama and the stupidity (IMO) of the characters.

Granted it's a fictional play, so the personality of the characters and such is all fabricated.

But I still don't like it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I booted up Awakening for the first time in a while and I got a good taste of my handiwork...
Who did you guys pair with Chrom? Or your interesting pairings.
I remember keeping every female away from Chrom until Olivia was introduced, then spending every turn that one battle having her dance for Chrom.
Mine was
Lon'qu+Panne
Tharja+Donnel
Olivia+Chrom
Lucina+Robin
Inigo+Morgan YES I KNOW I SCREWED UP

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Chrom I've only ever paired with Sully(by accident my first time), :4robinf:(intentionally), and Sumia(intentionally).

Interesting pairings...hm. I usually marry them in a hurry just to get the children.

Lissa+Ricken
Panne+Kellam
Stahl+Nowi(I'm a jerk :( )
Gaius+Miriel
HenryxCherche

Shaymikyu

So I booted up Awakening for the first time in a while and I got a good taste of my handiwork...
I remember keeping every female away from Chrom until Olivia was introduced, then spending every turn that one battle having her dance for Chrom.
Mine was
Lon'qu+Panne
Tharja+Donnel
Olivia+Chrom
Lucina+Robin
On the first run, I accidentally put him with Robin. It still was an interesting experience, though. Plus, Morgan as Lucina's brother is cute, especially with that blue hair. Also, Rightful King. Also, Chapter 21 hurt even more. Why did I choose the "Yes" option? Probably my favorite moment in the game, actually.

On my second run, I put him with Sumia. Still haven't gotten through it enough to judge. It has cute fan art, though.

On my third run, I put him with Olivia, and it was an uphill battle not accidentally pairing him off with Robin or Sully (didn't use Maribelle much, so he was safe from her, and Sumia paired off with Frederick early). Basically, Chrom was tethered to Frederick until Sumia was recruited, Vaike until Panne was recruited, and then Gaius until Olivia was recruited.

The Lucina reunion scene with Olivia is adorable, especially how she practically explodes with joy over Lucina calling her "mother." Inigo makes a fun Lucina brother too, and I love him with Chrom's hair color. As for the non-Chrom pairings:
First Run:
Henry/Lissa
Donnel/Sully
Gregor/Miriel (probably my favorite first gen pair)
Gaius/Sumia
Stahl/Maribelle
Frederick/Panne
Kellam/Cordelia
Ricken/Nowi
Libra/Tharja (probably the only Tharja pairing so far I like outside of gameplay/hilarity reasons)
Virion/Olivia
Lon'qu/Cherche
Morgan/Cynthia (probably my favorite pairing period)
Laurent/Lucina
Inigo/Noire
Gerome/Nah
Owain/Kjelle
Yarne/Severa

Second Run:
Robin/Lucina
Frederick/Cordelia
Henry/Olivia
Lon'qu/Lissa
Stahl/Sully
Gregor/Nowi
Donnel/Miriel

Third Run:
Yarne/Robin
Frederick/Sumia
Gaius/Tharja
Morgan/Lucina
Vaike/Panne (surprisingly sweet and made me like my previous least favorite of the first gen a little more)

I have planned pairings for the remaining units in runs 2 and 3, but I'm blanking out right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've read some Shakespeare in high school. I read Romeo & Juliet, MacBeth, and Othello. My personal favorite story being Othello since I found that play to be the most intriguing of the bunch.
I remember where we acted out some sword fight that happened near the end of Romeo & Juliet. I acted out my dead scene and the whole class clapped to it... it was awesome.

Smash Bros. Tactician.

Has all the benefits of the original Tactician class, with the addition of the all powerful dark magic. Clearly the best. :rolleyes:
I should have said this.

Mine was
Lon'qu+Panne
Tharja+Donnel
Olivia+Chrom
Lucina+Robin
I paired Chrom with Sumia since I believe that to be the canon marriage for Chrom (it's not technically canon, but it's pretty close to it).
As for my more innnnnterrrrresting pairings...
I remember I married Olivia with Henry on one file just to see why she fell in love with him and I married Olivia with Kellam just so that Inigo would be a better child unit... their supports didn't disappoint. :p
I also married Gaius to Lissa just because of the fact that he mentioned that he loved her pastries in Chapter 6. It's even more odd to think now Gaius is related to royalty.
I married Lucina to thin air...
I married Laurent to Cynthia because both of these characters are highly, highly different.
I had Owain marry to Morgan purely because he is Owain and if I had to chose a son-in-law, I want it to be him. :p
And... those are the more interesting ones that I can think off the top of my head. I guess I can mention that I once tried to marry Gaius to Anna, but that's impossible in-game. I also married the Tactician Magician with his dark stalker; their supports between each other were pretty funny to be honest just to see how Robin reacted.

Stahl+Nowi(I'm a jerk :( )
Yes you are. Now Stahl is gonna go to jail because you married him to Nowi. :(

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't remember doing any particular interesting pairings, but I married Gregor to Panne, Kellam to Tharja and Donnel with Nowi (if only to make Nah even better). Never married any of the children though, and I don't think I ever will
edit: corrected names after liquids remark

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I married Lucina to thin air...
Actually, in her unpaired ending, this might be canon since she just disappears.

I'm still not sure if I like her unpaired ending the most since it suits her character or if it just depresses me too much.
I don't remember doing any particular interesting pairings, but I married Gregor to Panne, Kellam to Tharja and Donnel with Nowi (if only to make Nah even better). Never married any of the children though, and I don't think I ever will
edit: corrected names after liquids remark
Donnel/Nowi is VERY popular at my school, apparently. The only pairing I've Streetpassed more is Chrom/Sumia. I'm planning on trying Donnel/Nowi in my third run.
Doesn't work, guarantee that.
Yeah, Robin is the only first gen who can marry a second gen.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
While I respect Shakespeare, I can't say I'm a fan of his work. All his writing just seemed like it it was all the same to me, which most of it just involved everyone dying at the end. Then again I was rather forced to read all my experiences with Shakespeare throughout high school so I wasn't too thrilled to be reading them in the first place.

As for my craziest pairings in Awakening, I would think that mine would have to either be Vaike x Maribelle or Gaius x Lissa.
I never did anything much where I thought it was ridiculous, but the idea of Vaike being the way he is getting with Maribelle just seems like they would not get along at all. But who's to argue when you're among the shipping lord.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
So assuming SMT x FE is still alive (and not horribly dead as we all presume), would you like to see people pair up?

Marth leaving Sheeda or Lucina hooking up with the Demi Fiend would be tragic and hilarious.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I like Shakespeare. Hamlet and the Tempest are my two favorites, and I'm not big on Romeo and Juliet. I think too many people forget about the Tempest. It's great.

I think the craziest pairing I've done in Awakening was Lon'qu x Nowi. Why? Because I wanted to unlock as many supports as possible, dammit!

...And it was actually really funny. Creepy, like all Nowi pairings, but funny.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
While I barely know anyone from the SMT side outside of the Demi Fiend and the characters from IV, seeing Isabeau converse with Lucina would be interesting. Other than that I'd just be curious how the FE characters would handle the prospect of demons and such.

Though honestly at this point I don't have much hope for the game and don't care either way if gets released or canceled. We still don't know anything outside of that teaser trailer for it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
...And it was actually really funny. Creepy, like all Nowi pairings, but funny.
The worst part about pairing Nowi is not that it is creepy; it's that it is essentially tragedy in the making.
Not only will the couple face endless criticism and accusations as a result of being a grown man and a "child" together, but she's going to outlive him by thousands of years at least.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I still think the FE characters will play the role OF the demons.

Think the Einherjar on steroids.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

The worst part about pairing Nowi is not that it is creepy; it's that it is essentially tragedy in the making.
Not only will the couple face endless criticism and accusations as a result of being a grown man and a "child" together, but she's going to outlive him by thousands of years at least.
This actually is flat out spelled out in her epilogue with Ricken. Not sure about the others. It makes me wonder if whoever pairs up with Nah has a similar deal. In the one run I've made it to the end in, she's with Gerome and it just talks about the wyverns bowing to her and them becoming the lords of the Wyvern Valley.

Weirdly enough, though, I still feel worse pairing someone with Tharja than Nowi. Poor Noire... At least in her epilogue with Libra, it implies she seems to get better to the point where the orphanage kids like her, but I'm not sure about other Tharja pairings.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Weirdly enough, though, I still feel worse pairing someone with Tharja than Nowi. Poor Noire... At least in her epilogue with Libra, it implies she seems to get better to the point where the orphanage kids like her, but I'm not sure about other Tharja pairings.
I found at least pair up endings where not just the husband but everyone else suffers from Tharja's wrath.

Tharja and Frederick

As Ylisse's new knight captain, Frederick took charge of keeping the peace and training new recruits. Tharja's rare appearances at the training yard sent terrified recruits screaming into the night.

Tharja and Virion

Virion returned home to Rosanne where he was labeled a traitor and a coward, or else ignored entirely. But a few well-placed hexes from his wife, Tharja, eventually brought the populace to their senses.

Tharja and Vaike

Vaike returned to the streets that raised him and was welcomed as a hero and brother to all. Still, he was no match for Tharja, whose frequent curse slinging put her husband in an understandably foul mood.

Shaymikyu

Tharja and Ricken
While continuing to study magic, Ricken realized how childish some of his actions had been. Tharja stayed with him and perfected her hexes, and the couple's magical talents soared.

That one seems okay, at least.
Tharja and Gregor
After the war, Gregor briefly sank into a life of excess, but fear of his wife's hexes led him to resume work as a sellsword. Tharja secretly tagged along and used her talents to keep him safe.
Wow, a Tharja epilogue that's kind of sweet? I've heard her supports with him are interesting, too.

Tharja and Donnel
Donnel returned to his tiny village and built a happy life with his mother and his wife, Tharja. The latter never warmed to the villagers, but she was said to smile around her family.
I like this one too.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I find Tharja and Donnel to be a funny match.
Ninja'd by mere seconds
I like going for those weird, out of place, pairings.
BUT INIGOXMORGAN WAS A MISTAKE

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I find Tharja and Donnel to be a funny match.
Ninja'd by mere seconds
Some of my favorite pairs are the ones you don't expect. Kellam and Cordelia have cute supports, for instance (all the Kellam epilogues outside of with Robin are sad, though). Gregor and Miriel make my favorite first gen couple, and I initially threw them together because they were among the few remaining. Plus, broken Sorcerer Laurent.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Was Inigo the uncle, bad support or something else?

I once paired up Nowi with Stahl because of a comic made by Awkward Zombie.

I also paired Nowi with Frederick only because I wanted to hear the scream Frederick makes from taking heavy damage or from eating bear meat when Nah questioned why he married Nowi. He did and it made my day.

Shaymikyu

I also paired Nowi with Frederick only because I wanted to hear the scream Frederick makes from taking heavy damage or from eating bear meat when Nah questioned why he married Nowi. He did and it made my day.
I paired up Gaius and Tharja on a run, and found out later that there was an Awkward Zombie comic based around them too.
It's even better when you take their supports into consideration- in the later supports, she uses him as a guinea pig to test a love potion (intended for Robin, of course).

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

He was indeed the uncle. :c
XD that comic lololololol

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I wish IS/Atlus would show something regarding SMT X FE soon, though I honestly don't care if it's cancelled at this point. January is the last chance I'll give it since it'd be two years of its teaser unveiling. At this point, I'd rather have two separate games from both franchises.

Question: When it comes to Fire Emblem on Wii U, would you rather take place on a unique continent or one we're familiar with? While I'm open to see a brand new setting, I would like to see the next game return to Tellius to see the aftermath of Radiant Dawn.

And maybe see the world expanded beyond the desert and Hatari since wherever Ike went must have lead to new areas (and possibly to the other worlds).

Now for my Awakening pairings:

If it isn't Chrom X F!Robin/MU/Avatar, it's Chrom X Olivia or Chrom X Sumia, which I prefer the former more. I wished we could've gotten all the support convos from Olivia instead of the shoe-horned marriage because it's really sweet how she opens up to Chrom, and their relationship wouldn't seem so rushed.

Stahl X Cordelia, I adore this pairing, almost as much as Chrobin.

Sully X Donnel, I thought this pairing would be a lot weirder than it turned out, but instead they gave each other insight into their livelihoods. I also like Donnel X Nowi, though it's taken a backseat in my recent playthroughs.

Cherche X Frederick, two stewards knights dedicated to their lords who eventually dedicate their lives to each other.

Tharja X Gaius, idk why but I always pair these two together, same with Panne X Vaike.

Ricken X Maribelle, or Libra X Maribelle, these supports bring out my fondness for Maribelle (or really any of her supports) :3

Henry X Sumia, just simply hilarious

And for the second generation pairings:

Asides from :4robinm: X :4lucina:, I pair Lucina with either M!Morgan or Inigo when they're not her brother.

Cynthia X Gerome

F!Morgan X Yarne for pure comedy

Severa X Owain

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
FEA pairings, and no mention of Robin x Tharja?!?!?! I found her supports with Robin hillarious, but it really bothers me how bad of a mother she is. I never married Robin to anyone in other playthroughs cuz I felt nobody else resonated well with him. I didn't marry Lucina to anyone at all either. Just not about that Robin x Lucina hype;;

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of SMT x Fire Emblem, I need that game to have some type of a support conversation system so I can have the following interactions:

Roy and Lyn (Roy asks about Lyn's life after the whole conflict with Nergal)
Hector and Lilina (This would be really emotional)
Sigurd and Seliph (This one too)

D

Deleted member

Tharja and Virion

Virion returned home to Rosanne where he was labeled a traitor and a coward, or else ignored entirely. But a few well-placed hexes from his wife, Tharja, eventually brought the populace to their senses.
This ending is the best.

FEA pairings, and no mention of Robin x Tharja?!?!?! I found her supports with Robin hillarious, but it really bothers me how bad of a mother she is. I never married Robin to anyone in other playthroughs cuz I felt nobody else resonated well with him. I didn't marry Lucina to anyone at all either. Just not about that Robin x Lucina hype;;
Oh, I had (and will continue having...) Robin marry Tharja. I dunno why, but before I played Awakening, I felt compelled to have Robin marry her. The result was satisfying for me since the pairing was actually pretty good in-battle and Morgan became a real powerhouse and their supports were pretty good!
I agree that she is an absolutely terrible mother, though.

Shaymikyu

I wish IS/Atlus would show something regarding SMT X FE soon, though I honestly don't care if it's cancelled at this point. January is the last chance I'll give it since it'd be two years of its teaser unveiling. At this point, I'd rather have two separate games from both franchises.

Question: When it comes to Fire Emblem on Wii U, would you rather take place on a unique continent or one we're familiar with? While I'm open to see a brand new setting, I would like to see the next game return to Tellius to see the aftermath of Radiant Dawn.

And maybe see the world expanded beyond the desert and Hatari since wherever Ike went must have lead to new areas (and possibly to the other worlds).

Now for my Awakening pairings:

If it isn't Chrom X F!Robin/MU/Avatar, it's Chrom X Olivia or Chrom X Sumia, which I prefer the former more. I wished we could've gotten all the support convos from Olivia instead of the shoe-horned marriage because it's really sweet how she opens up to Chrom, and their relationship wouldn't seem so rushed.
Heck, I wish Chrom's wife got more integrated into the story aside from 1-2 scenes. Only Robin really has any significant dialogue changes as a Chrom spouse. The others only get the scene after the timeskip and the Lucina reunion (and Sumia gets an extra scene apparently? I S-Supported her and Chrom before Chapter 11, so I missed this).

Similarly, Robin's spouse and Morgan. Again, outside of Chrom and Lucina being the spouse, there's little change to dialogue or scenes. This is most notable in the "Robin" ending, since the dialogue is the same no matter who Robin marries (at least in the "Chrom" ending, Robin's spouse and non-Morgan kid if s/he has one get new lines).
But Morgan.:sadeyes:

I get what you mean, though. I didn't even know Robin could pair off or have a kid in Awakening at first since s/he is so customizable compared to the rest of the cast. I was shocked to find out Robin had a special kid tied into her/him. Robin single does feel in-character, but with all the options Robin gets, I don't think I could do a Robin single run and I need my Morgan fix.

Top Bottom