• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
People have brought this up, but I hate that idea actually. We're talking about how we're trying not to mock Chrom fans if Chrom gets in, and some people propose that Sakurai would troll Chrom fans that way, too? Sorry, I don't buy it. If anything the Robin trailer would start with something similar, but it would be Robin blasting Ike and Marth to oblivion instead (obviously not killing them).
I think it's just a case of something being so horrible that it is funny. We also do the same to the very same character we support, like my idea for the Anna trailer (where it turns out to be said character under the hood).

Jokes aside, for the most part, a lot of people like the idea of recreating the Second Meeting cutscene, but with Ike and Marth instead of Chrom and Lissa. There have been numerous other awesome ideas as well.
I don't think some of Sakurai's PotDs (quote included) have been suitable for children. They could really be interpreted all sorts of kinky ways :troll:
"It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown."

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Don't you think that's be a bit.... anti-Chrom? I mean, we don't like him, but that doesn't mean everyone shares our views.
The whole Awakening game is anti-Chrom. If it weren't for Lucina that's exactly how history would've went down. :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
I would normally be against such blatant Chrom-bashing, but @ Reginleif Reginleif is too entertaining to hold it against him.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm torn between wanting to laugh because I get the joke and wanting to cry because that scene was so heartfelt.
Really? I thought that part was hilarious.

I just can't take Awakening's story seriously. Starting from Chapter 4 I immediately lose any suspension of belief.

I can't wait to see the Emmeryn Assist Trophy. Of course, when you crack it open, seemingly nothing comes out. Then, roughly a minute later, she comes crashing down on your enemy for an instant KO.:troll:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

I just can't take Awakening's story seriously. Starting from Chapter 4 I immediately lose any suspension of belief.

I can't wait to see the Emmeryn Assist Trophy. Of course, when you crack it open, seemingly nothing comes out. Then, roughly a minute later, she comes crashing down on your enemy for an instant KO.:troll:
Well that's interesting.

IronFish

Smash Ace

"Scene does not contain lapdance" *Ding*

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Damn you guys are all fast and active today.

Did Frederick hand out coffe to his honey-glazed bear meat with caramel stuffing again?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

oh
Wait, so people in this thread do like Awakening?
I was under the impression that wasn't the case for quite a while and that people here thought it wasn't as good as other FE games therefore it's terrible.
...that's good to see :3
yeah so it looks like I was wrong about that after all lmao

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Damn you, Hong, I can't get this stupid idea out of my head now. (Wait, seriously, Hong?! Didn't catch until now that YOU posted this... -_-)

Hong

The Strongest
Oh, we like Awakening.

But because we love it so much, we'll pick on its flaws. If we didn't care so much, we would have had our say and be done with it. Heck, I doubt most of the people would even be here since Robin herself is an Awakening character. Right at this very moment I have Awakening on my desk, in sleep mode, in the midst of my umpteenth play through of the game.

Edit -

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I also still play Awakening to smash other people's Streetpass teams. Living on a college campus where many people have the game makes things oh so wonderful for me :troll:

One by one they all, fall, downnnn. Unless they have nice items to buy. Only way to be spared. No one is dismissed freely.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Personally, I really like Awakening. I thought it was an excellent game, and a good addition to the Fire Emblem series. I do think that it's good enough to have one of its main characters playable in Smash.

But because its poster boy is such a bland, uninteresting addition to Smash that poorly represents Fire Emblem as a whole, I strongly support Robin, both to properly represent a game and series I love and and to bring a really unique character to the roster.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I would need so much more time on my hand to play Awakening to try out everything I want to do in that game <.< Guess I'll have to make it a tradition to play the game every few years just like I do with FFVII and Shining Force I/II.

And if only I then found the time to try out all the stuff I want to do in Baldur's Gate II, too.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Aw. Don't take my "Do you ever actually talk about Robin." remark to heart. It was only a joke.
No Hong, twas what i needed to hear, i am not welcome in this thread, i must start of find my own.... I will assemble an army of derailers and with their help i will crush this puny thread! No more wll i be mocked and ridiculed over my support of chrom the falchion wielding avatar! Live prosperusly while you can! GWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, for the sake of staying on topic, I have a Robin-related question.

Frankly, things aren't looking too good for Robin at the moment, what with the Gematsu Leak looking more and more real and Chrom, of course, being a part of that leak. There's a lot of talk about how people should just accept Chrom as an inevitability and let go of the characters Chrom essentially kills the chances of. So, after all this, in the event that Robin is actually confirmed, what would your reaction be?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.

Frankly, things aren't looking too good for Robin at the moment, what with the Gematsu Leak looking more and more real and Chrom, of course, being a part of that leak. There's a lot of talk about how people should just accept Chrom as an inevitability and let go of the characters Chrom essentially kills the chances of. So, after all this, in the event that Robin is actually confirmed, what would your reaction be?[/

To all those that said that robin wouldnt be in....

Suck it

-Narwalgod

*Drops mic*

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven

Frankly, things aren't looking too good for Robin at the moment, what with the Gematsu Leak looking more and more real and Chrom, of course, being a part of that leak. There's a lot of talk about how people should just accept Chrom as an inevitability and let go of the characters Chrom essentially kills the chances of. So, after all this, in the event that Robin is actually confirmed, what would your reaction be?
I Haven't the faintest clue, I like robin more than Chrom but it isn't that much of a gap for me personally so I'd be excited for either one... just more excited for Robin, and ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC for Tiki! (Mostly because it would be a very unexpected surprise.)

And just an F.Y.I. I rate it Robin = Tiki > Lucina > Chrom.

EDIT: Liking your post for bringing us back on topic good sir.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I'll be prancing in happiness, then i'll deliver my condolences to Chrom supporters.

Top Bottom