• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
from what I can tell, and maybe I'm wrong, but sort of general FE discussion has moved here since the normal FE thread gets too intense.

Also, everyone wants to be Robin. that's why everyone always selects the character in Awakening.
I never noticed that pattern; I believe that, quite literally, everyone that played Awakening chose Robin. That is a keen observation. I suppose that is a logical reason for her support. It is not often that literally everyone chooses one character!

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
I CAN'T FREAKING KEEP UP WITH THE THREAD! STAHP!

A few hours and then I have to read through 3 pages. :crazy:

As an aside I used kellam a lot, but more to pair him with a flier to boost strength/defense since the pegasus fliers were really fast but with mediocre strength. Conversely if I need to switch to tank mode to save a flier I would pop out kellam and the speed boost was (hopefully) enough to prevent him from being hit twice.

Hong

The Strongest
A lot of people just like that this thread is more reasonable than a lot of the other character threads.

Which is also why I hope that, in the event Robin is revealed, I won't be seeing anyone trashing the Chrom thread. ;) You're free to celebrate in here, of course.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Robin's roll will be better than Lucario/Metaknight's in Brawl. As a tactician, he keeps everyone out of harm's way and casualties to a minimum. Now that's strategy! :troll:

IronFish

Smash Ace
A lot of people just like that this thread is more reasonable than a lot of the other character threads.

Which is also why I hope that, in the event Robin is revealed, I won't be seeing anyone trashing the Chrom thread. ;) You're free to celebrate in here, of course.
Well I'm able to take solace in the fact that the only thing Chrom has going for him now is the Gemastu Leak.
Robin's roll will be better than Lucario/Metaknight's in Brawl. As a tactician, he keeps everyone out of harm's way and casualties to a minimum. Now that's strategy! :troll:
Lucario is amaze

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

People in the Ridley thread aren't that bad, either. A few occasionally say "we should troll the people who trolled us" if Ridley gets revealed, but those arguments promptly get shot down by with people saying "just because they trolled us doesn't mean we should stoop down to their level."

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm noticing a lot of parallels with the Ridley thread here actually.

Constantly floundering off topic.

Innately sexual discussions.

Battling outside forces that doubt character in question's roster inclusion.

Involving dragons in some way.

Jumping several pages an hour.

The only real difference is thread size if you ask me.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The Robin, Lucina and Anna threads should really combine imo. Same flow, general FE discussion, ultimately wanting the same thing (an FE newcomer that preferably isn't Chrom).

But...

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Aye, I'm still fairly hopeful that we won't have anybody going trolling around. I feel we are generally decent folk here and I would hate if a single person would ruin everybody else's fun.

EDIT:
Hokori said:
The Robin, Lucina and Anna threads should really combine imo. Same flow, general FE discussion, ultimately wanting the same thing (an FE newcomer that preferably isn't Chrom).
I wouldn't mind Chrom... I'd just prefered if we had Robin besides him. Or instead, in case we only can have one.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
:( I used to be all over the Ridley thread, in the Brawl days.

I've been burned once. Now I keep myself grounded. If Robin doesn't show up: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing has been lost. I am going to be okay.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
When this thread finally surpassed the Chrom thread, did anyone say "The scales have finally tipped!"? I feel like that would've been perfect. If not, that's a shame.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Really the only thing we have to fear here in the Robin support thread is fear itself Sal Romano.

Hong

The Strongest
When this thread finally surpassed the Chrom thread, did anyone say "The scales have finally tipped!"? I feel like that would've been perfect. If not, that's a shame.
Nope. No references to the character quips from Awakening in this thread. Move along, now.
Really the only thing we have to fear here in the Robin support thread is fear itself Sal Romano.
It has still left my perspective entirely unchanged.

I mean gosh, I wouldn't be surprised if the next leak happens within a week of the information being disclosed. I believe some of the information is genuine, but I do not believe for a moment that it comes from someone involved with the development process.
I'm a little slow.

Please Inform me why we're not fearing the Sal leak anymore.
I take it someone who:

a) Screens e3 material
b) Screens/produces promotional material
c) Is involved somewhere during the long process of licensing

was involved with the leak. The two credible characters, Wii Fit Trainer, and "Mii Fighter", guesses beyond the whims of probability, were both leaked within a short time frame of their official presentations. I don't think it's indicative of anyone involved with the development process, and even if they got the very initial development draft created in early 2012, I can't think of a single game in history that has ever developed according to plan.

Edit -
The whole Gematsu thing is still pretty funny.

Hey guys! They had planned for Chrom at some point during Smash 4's development!

I am so glad that this was leaked. I would have never guessed.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What's with all the Kermits sipping tea all of the sudden? Really, what does that have to do with Robin at all?

I mean, why don't we just go ahead and change the title to "Time to Sip some Tea!"

Hong

The Strongest
What's with all the Kermits sipping tea all of the sudden? Really, what does that have to do with Robin at all?

I mean, why don't we just go ahead and change the title to "Time to Sip some Tea!"
It's how you style at the end of a smooth post.

IronFish

Smash Ace
This isn't Robin related but

When Zero Suit Samus is on the field at the same time as Samus, Alfonzo is in charge of the power suit
Alfonzo: leave it to me!

Hong

The Strongest
It's not trashed already?

I'll admit, Ike's reveal really killed the discussion over there. A real shame, because I totally love the guy and wouldn't mind seeing him.

Not to sound condescending, but I warned everyone of this ages ago. Not that Ike and Chrom cannot coexist, but the ramifications it would have on the community if either were to be revealed. For all the coyness people had about how "only idiots think Chrom will replace Ike", this attitude just made a lot of people afraid of admitting how they felt. After the Moogle was out of the bag, both the Chrom and Gematsu thread was so needlessly ravaged.

And if Chrom is to appear? Honestly? Within a week, people will get over it as long as his trailer is cool.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'll admit, Ike's reveal really killed the discussion over there. A real shame, because I totally love the guy and wouldn't mind seeing him.

Not to sound condescending, but I warned everyone of this ages ago. Not that Ike and Chrom cannot coexist, but the ramifications it would have on the community if either were to be revealed. For all the coyness people had about how "only idiots think Chrom will replace Ike", this attitude just made a lot of people afraid of admitting how they felt. After the Moogle was out of the bag, both the Chrom and Gematsu thread was so needlessly ravaged.

And if Chrom is to appear? Honestly? Within a week, people will get over it as long as his trailer is cool.
Then the inevitable "Is Chrom OP?" and the "I Was Wrong" threads will soon follow.

Reginleif

Smash Ace

I'll get over it. There's more to Smash Bros. than 1 character. But at least we all know Chrom doesn't deserve it when he fails to represent the diversity of the series.

Hong

The Strongest
Then the inevitable R34 will soon follow.
Damn you Internet!
I'll get over it. There's more to Smash Bros. than 1 character. But at least we all know Chrom doesn't deserve it when he fails to represent the diversity of the series.

Well I'll say one thing for sure:

Getting Chrom instead of Robin with Chrom being a good character is better than Ike being in Brawl and being such a massive disappointment. I just want them to do it right.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Unless his trailer isn't that cool and he looks boring and doesn't actually bring anything new to the table.

Then people might be a little peeved.

Hong

The Strongest
Unless his trailer isn't that cool and he looks boring and doesn't actually bring anything new to the table.

Then people might be a little peeved.
:( I really hope Palutena turns out better than her trailer would have me believe.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Chrom's trailer:

they just reuse awakening footage

he gets killed and it's actually robin

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I'll deal with Chrom, I just think Chrom is a waste of potential.

Chrom's trailer:

People have brought this up, but I hate that idea actually. We're talking about how we're trying not to mock Chrom fans if Chrom gets in, and some people propose that Sakurai would troll Chrom fans that way, too? Sorry, I don't buy it. If anything the Robin trailer would start with something similar, but it would be Robin blasting Ike and Marth to oblivion instead (obviously not killing them).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Chrom's trailer:

Don't you think that's be a bit.... anti-Chrom? I mean, we don't like him, but that doesn't mean everyone shares our views.

Top Bottom