• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's obvious they're saving the most hype-inducing characters Ridley for last though we'll probably only see one more before launch in Japan. August is our best bet.
The real question; is Robin actually hype inducing? That is the only notion that has bothered me in terms of a Fire Emblem newcomer, none of them are worth saving unless one is going to be used for "muh cross-promotion."

If the leak is at least partially accurate, then that means they're saving Chorus Men.

Not everything will be incredibly hype inducing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The real question; is Robin actually hype inducing? That is the only notion that has bothered me in terms of a Fire Emblem newcomer, none of them are worth saving unless one is going to be used for "muh cross-promotion."
I think so. If they show off Robin using some awesome attacks no other Fire Emblem character uses, I don't see why not. It'd be much better than "ugh... another male blue-haired sword wielder form the same franchise..."

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And now we're ahead of the Bandanna Dee thread. Not much longer till we reach 100 pages.

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't worry about that. A lot of people like me love Palutena but thought the only good part about her trailer was the anime thing between Link and Pit.

The point of marketing is to make people want it. They can make something really cool with Robin that can appeal to fans new and old.

Morbi

Scavenger
If the leak is at least partially accurate, then that means they're saving Chorus Men.

Not everything will be incredibly hype inducing.
I suppose you are correct, it is not entirely relevant given the roster so far. Robin would probably be the best thing and most recognizable Nintendo character on it that is not casual cat-nip.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Probably only to FE fans and maybe some Smash fans seeking something different from the series, otherwise, I see people caring more for Mario/DK/Zelda/Pokemon newcomers

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I suppose you are correct, it is not entirely relevant given the roster so far. Robin would probably be the best thing and most recognizable Nintendo character on it that is not casual cat-nip.
Except for announcing either K. Rool or Ridley, that would bring far more hype. Hell, none of the remaining newcomers would bring as much hype as K. Rool or Ridley would.

The whole notion of only the west wanting Ridley? If they showed off an awesome trailer with playable Ridley, I'm sure even the Japanese would fangasm despite not having cared much for Ridley's reveal before.

None of the remaining "leaked" newcomers would bring nearly that hype, though obviously they could still make the characters look good in the trailer. An epic trailer feature Robin would play out very well. I frankly don't think we'll get a third FE character announcement until post-release, though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Except for announcing either K. Rool or Ridley, that would bring far more hype. Hell, none of the remaining newcomers would bring as much hype as K. Rool or Ridley would.

The whole notion of only the west wanting Ridley? If they showed off an awesome trailer with playable Ridley, I'm sure even the Japanese would fangasm despite not having cared much for Ridley's reveal before.

None of the remaining "leaked" newcomers would bring nearly that hype, though obviously they could still make the characters look good in the trailer. An epic trailer feature Robin would play out very well. I frankly don't think we'll get a third FE character announcement until post-release, though.
I am not sure about the "post-release" sentiment. Sakurai has already set everything up for the full combo punish that is a Fire Emblem reveal. I doubt he wants to drop it at this stage. :awesome:

Although, I am not really sold on Sakurai's notion of hype anyways. It is the opposite of mine.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Holy hell, I missed 50 posts overnight? o_O

Who the **** is Bandana Dee.
He's the "fourth" main Kirby character, a master spear fighter who's been showing up in important roles in the games since Kirby Super Star Ultra. I could see him being a viable character, but like Isaac and Shulk before him, he too is left in our dust.

Shulk would bring out a lot of hype (especially by the old Rainfall supporters)...but also even more leak purists, even though Shulk is the only one of the remaining characters that isn't really in question. Your point stands for the other two, though: the Chorus Men would get a "Wha?" reaction the way the Wii Fit Trainer did, and if they revealed Chrom this late, reactions would be less hype and more "Well it's about damn time"...which was the main reason I wondered if they had plans to replace him with someone else more unique if Awakening sold well enough.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
So...we passed the Bandana Dee thread. Um...is there any other thread we have yet to surpass besides Ridley and K. Rool?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Holy hell, I missed 50 posts overnight? o_O

He's the "fourth" main Kirby character, a master spear fighter who's been showing up in important roles in the games since Kirby Super Star Ultra. I could see him being a viable character, but like Isaac and Shulk before him, he too is left in our dust.

Shulk would being out a lot of hype (especially by the old Rainfall supporters)...but also even more leak purists, even though Shulk is the only one of the remaining characters that isn't really in question. Your point stands for the other two, though: the Chorus Men would get a "Wha?" reaction the way the Wii Fit Trainer did, and if they revealed Chrom this late, reactions would be less hype and more "Well it's about damn time"...which was the main reason I wondered if they had plans to replace him with someone else more unique if Awakening sold well enough.
Shulk would get a decent reaction, but its not nearly the same reaction that would occur with Ridley or K. Rool. I do think Shulk is the mostlikely remaining Gematsu character to get announced pre-release.

So...we passed the Bandana Dee thread. Um...is there any other thread we have yet to surpass besides Ridley and K. Rool?
Not that I can see. Looks like Robin may be the third-biggest character thread, now. And its probably going to stay there because there's no way this thread will ever catch up to K. Rool.

Morbi

Scavenger
Shulk would get a decent reaction, but its not nearly the same reaction that would occur with Ridley or K. Rool. I do think Shulk is the mostlikely remaining Gematsu character to get announced pre-release.

Not that I can see. Looks like Robin may be the third-biggest character thread, now. And its probably going to stay there because there's no way this thread will ever catch up to K. Rool.
It might if King K. Rool was deconfirmed and he gave another subtle allusion pertaining to Robin as a playable character. Or it might if Chrom was outright deconfirmed too, I suppose. Everyone would come here to rejoice and speculate in favor of Robin (in an ideal world, of course).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The sad reality. The scales have already been tipped in their favor. They're too big...and fat.

Morbi

Scavenger
The sad reality. The scales have already been tipped in their favor. They're too big...and fat.
Three...
Three potential Awakening characters.
Robin is the third most discussed Fire Emblem character.
Three Fire Emblem characters are expected.
Robin confirmed?!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And too awesome. But hey, I think Robin is awesome too. I went from thinking "'eh, I'd rather have Robin than Chrom" to "Robin's now my top pick from Fire Emblem!" from this topic alone. K. Rool is awesome and badass and deserves to make it in, and as far as I'm concerned, so does Ridley (not as a crappy boss). Robin's the best FE pick as well.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It might if King K. Rool was deconfirmed and he gave another subtle allusion pertaining to Robin as a playable character. Or it might if Chrom was outright deconfirmed too, I suppose. Everyone would come here to rejoice and speculate in favor of Robin (in an ideal world, of course).
either that, or people may go berserk due to the lack of blue haired lord that wield swords in Smash Bros, particularly representing Fire Emblem

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It would need to get 200 pages before release, and by then Robin would either be disconfirmed or get her own sub-folder anyway.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Three...
Three potential Awakening characters.
Robin is the third most discussed Fire Emblem character.
Three Fire Emblem characters are expected.
Robin confirmed?!
Half Life 3 confirmed for WiiUZ64
So, which are the chances we could import our own avatar from Awakening to the 3DS version of Smash if Robin is indeed playable? It's probably very unlikely given the Villagar isn't getting that treatment despite New Leaf, but hey, one can dream. Also, which voice would they use?

Morbi

Scavenger
So, which are the chances we could import our own avatar from Awakening to the 3DS version of Smash if Robin is indeed playable? It's probably very unlikely given the Villagar isn't getting that treatment despite New Leaf, but hey, one can dream. Also, which voice would they use?
I assume that everything regarding Robin is going to be set at "default." I presume that would be the case with the voice-work as well. The first voice option for both genders.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Voice 1, The extra sexy effect that grimma's damn you has cannot be missed.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Looks like Robin may be the third-biggest character thread, now. And its probably going to stay there because there's no way this thread will ever catch up to K. Rool.
Not quite. Mewtwo's sitting at (at time of posting) 3,954 posts.

Ladies and gentlemen...start stockpiling dark tomes. We need all the Mires, Ruins, and Nosferatus we can get...and a Goetia or two, for you lucky ******** who got extras in Infinite Regalia...

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
either that, or people may go berserk due to the lack of blue haired lord that wield swords in Smash Bros, particularly representing Fire Emblem
Since Ike is srsly God-like right now, maybe he'll absorb Marth and Chrom, and become Super Saiyan 3, blue-hair edition. This would free up space for two more FE reps. Robin/Lucina/Anna. If you want to use Marth or Chrom, just select Ike and choose whether you want to use Ike, Marth, or Chrom's moveset :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Since Ike is srsly God-like right now, maybe he'll absorb Marth and Chrom, and become Super Saiyan 3, blue-hair edition. This would free up for two more FE slots. Robin/Lucina/Anna. If you want to use Marth or Chrom, just select Ike and choose whether you want to use Ike, Marth, or Chrom's moveset :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
Miiverse predicted it first!!! Goku is confirmed!!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not quite. Mewtwo's sitting at (at time of posting) 3,954 posts.

Ladies and gentlemen...start stockpiling dark tomes. We need all the Mires, Ruins, and Nosferatus we can get...and a Goetia or two, for you lucky *******s who got extras in Infinite Regalia...
Mewtwo's a veteran thread, though, not a Newcomer thread. If he was a Newcomer he'd be the biggest thread by far.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
The chances? Close to zero. Voice 1. Can't tell if the other male voices are better or worse since I only ever heard the short clips you hear when testing them in the creation screen.

And if you guys don't mind me asking, what's the appeal of K Rool aside from apparently being insane (in a good, villainy way)?
I have never played through the entirety of any DKC game (only played them over at a friend's house, didn't have a SNES back in the day). Purely visually, I think that K Rool is ugly is sin - and not the appealing type of ugly that Ridley has going on. I mean actual badly designed ugly. Heck, they even gave him a new outfit in the sequel IIRC.

Might be just me not giving a hoot about the DK series as a whole though due to alack of nostalgic attachment. I'll probably like him in Smash if he ends up showing up.

Hong

The Strongest
As Morbi-senpai stated, it 's almost unanimously agreed that Robin will sport the default look. Grey hair, first style you get. Hard to say who they would get for voices, but I think the female Robin will be voiced by Wendee Lee since she's such a prestigious voice talent and voiced Robin's #2 & 3.

It is our hope that each colour palette will also change Robin's hair style and colour as well.
So, Charles Martinet will voice Robin?
I wouldn't mind.

That guy seemed so obnoxious but after I met him, even I couldn't repress my smile. He just loves what he does.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You all are at an all-time high with comedy right now. Please keep this up and Henry will be confirmed for a replacement Mr. Resetti Assist Trophy...featuring the crows. (I enjoy Henry's comedy :awesome:).

I'd love if Henry replaced Mr. Resetti so I could see/hear all that humor. Nya ha, nya ha, nya ha! :troll:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The chances? Close to zero. Voice 1. Can't tell if the other male voices are better or worse since I only ever heard the short clips you hear when testing them in the creation screen.

And if you guys don't mind me asking, what's the appeal of K Rool aside from apparently being insane (in a good, villainy way)?
I have never played through the entirety of any DKC game (only played them over at a friend's house, didn't have a SNES back in the day). Purely visually, I think that K Rool is ugly is sin - and not the appealing type of ugly that Ridley has going on. I mean actual badly designed ugly. Heck, they even gave him a new outfit in the sequel IIRC.

Might be just me not giving a hoot about the DK series as a whole though due to alack of nostalgic attachment. I'll probably like him in Smash if he ends up showing up.
Go read the OP in K. Rool's thread, also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Khb5Vecog

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

He's a villain and a heavyweight, two things Smash is lacking, and people want more DK characters. Given I find all the games in the series sans DKC2 boring or annoying, I can't say I care much.
Back to Robin though, I kinda hope he'd get at least 3 different male/female versions in a similar manner to the Villager, even if we can't get ahold of full customization of that

Top Bottom