• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Spoilers: Chrom dies.
Robin's trailer should basically be seeing Chrom and everyone thinking he's the newcomer, until suddenly he gets stuck with a magic bolt and tumbles to the ground. The camera focuses behind him at a hooded figure who smirks evilly. "Robin kills the competition!"

I am joking obviously.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Robin's trailer should basically be seeing Chrom and everyone thinking he's the newcomer, until suddenly he gets stuck with a magic bolt and tumbles to the ground. The camera focuses behind him at a hooded figure who dances infinitly. "Robin kills the competition!"

I am joking obviously.
*Fixed
Also didnt this get suggested a million times before?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
While I'm late to the party now, the main things that kinda bug me about Awakening are the Map/Battle designs and the comparatively lame attack animations.

Everything else is pretty much amazing IMO. D
My favorite game of last year and if it wasn't for Smash coming out probably also this year. Also by far my favorite Fire Emblem, though I "only" played PoR, RD and the first 10 chapters of SS.

One thing that Awakening does incredibly right is that it either removes or makes optional a lot of of Bull that you had to do in other FEs. Like recruiting, which can always be done Chrom so you don't have to have Jimbob the Exposable in your party to recruit his sister Superia the Awesome Gal, who only spawns AFTER the map has started so you couldn't even see it coming >.<.
And I LOVE that casual mode exists. Never even played on classic, just because I hate permanently loosing a character.
I'm way to perfectionistic and would just redo the map if that happened to me in the other FE games.

Also I started playing the game on casual Hard mode. The first few battles might appear to be a tough challenge, but after that it mellows out.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
You are never too late for me Drakonis. (◡‿◡✿)

Sometimes I wonder if I have just felt too entitled. I am always like "I want to see something from Awakening already!", but we've gotten a stage, a song, and a trophy already. That's more than a lot of games, or even series, can speak for. Heck I couldn't even be upset if we don't get a character from the game after-all, but I get the idea Sakurai and some of the staff have played it.

What, with how much the guy plays the 3DS. Hard to imagine him not playing one of its hottest titles.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm...Maybe a log? That'd cause a lot of damage. :troll:

In all seriousness, I could imagine maybe a vulneary or concoction for healing items. Maybe a axe of some sort could serve as a weapon.
What kind of FE item is a log? In fact, I'm pretty sure someone flat-out stated there IS a log item in Smash Bros. (they just didn't know what it did), I just have no idea where it came from... Awakening?

Definitely think FE deserves some items, though, and there's plenty of Fire Emblem magical items to pick from. Don't need to mess with things like Vulneraries.

I haven't personally played Awakening, but I love Sacred Stones, its my second-favorite game in the series. (My favorite being Radiant Dawn by far.)

Hong

The Strongest
What kind of FE item is a log? In fact, I'm pretty sure someone flat-out stated there IS a log item in Smash Bros. (they just didn't know what it did), I just have no idea where it came from... Awakening
Substitute sometimes creates a log instead of a doll. That's probably what people were seeing.

Villager's Timber also creates some wood chips, but those are more easily identifiable as just that.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Sometimes I wonder if I have just felt too entitled. I am always like "I want to see something from Awakening already!", but we've gotten a stage, a song, and a trophy already. That's more than a lot of games, or even series, can speak for. Heck I couldn't even be upset if we don't get a character from the game after-all, but I get the idea Sakurai and some of the staff have played it.

What, with how much the guy plays the 3DS. Hard to imagine him not playing one of its hottest titles.
I know he's a fan of the series, so yeah, I'd say it's very likely that he has played Awakening.
Things like Roy's inclusion in Smash Bros. being a decision he made himself, to promote a new game and the series as a whole...wanting a newcomer from Fire Emblem's recent games (how we got Ike after Sakurai speaking with Intelligent Systems)...I think it was even mentioned somewhere that Sakurai originally planned for Ragnell to have its ranged attack, but later scrapped the idea because of the feeling that Ike would be unbalanced (need to scurry around the Internet to find that)...he was the interviewer for the "Iwata Asks" feature for Shadow Dragon http://tanasmanor.net/sites/fe11/interview/interview1.html

As for some of his staff, I'd think that's likely too.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
since we are just talking about anything FE, why do people call the first and third games remakes FE11 and 12? I never understood how that worked or made sense, it's like saying the Mario Advance games are Mario 4 to 7 or Metroid Zero Mission is Metroid 5.
Kinda sad they never brought the Mystery of the Emblem remake though, that alongside Genealogy of the Holy War are the only Japan only releases outside of Sword of Seals I care to try out

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
since we are just talking about anything FE, why do people call the first and third games remakes FE11 and 12? I never understood how that worked or made sense, it's like saying the Mario Advance games are Mario 4 to 7 or Metroid Zero Mission is Metroid 5.
Kinda sad they never brought the Mystery of the Emblem remake though, that alongside Genealogy of the Holy War are the only Japan only releases outside of Sword of Seals I care to try out
I have no idea, I agree, its stupid, they're remakes not FE11/FE12. In all actuality, though, there is no numbered FE game, that's entirely fan-made in general.

At this point I'm 100% positive we're getting an Awakening character. I wasn't sure about it before, but I'm positive we'll get one now. I just hope its Robin.

Hong

The Strongest
Largely because Metroid and Mario were not kept away from the rest of the world for three generations. We were used to using numbers for international discussion because the translations we have had for the titles have been awkward. Fire Emblem fans are more used to using numbers than other Nintendo franchises, and that will reflect in our terminology. Imagine if FE4 was "FEGOTW". D:

From a distinguishing point, choice of acronymic components aside, it's because FE11 and FE12 are evaluated drastically different from FE1 and FE3.
At this point I'm 100% positive we're getting an Awakening character. I wasn't sure about it before, but I'm positive we'll get one now. I just hope its Robin.
So bold.

For me, I am more likely to think there won't be one, but won't be surprised if there are.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I know he's a fan of the series, so yeah, I'd say it's very likely that he has played Awakening.
Things like Roy's inclusion in Smash Bros. being a decision he made himself, to promote a new game and the series as a whole...wanting a newcomer from Fire Emblem's recent games (how we got Ike after Sakurai speaking with Intelligent Systems)...I think it was even mentioned somewhere that Sakurai originally planned for Ragnell to have its ranged attack, but later scrapped the idea because of the feeling that Ike would be unbalanced (need to scurry around the Internet to find that)...he was the interviewer for the "Iwata Asks" feature for Shadow Dragon http://tanasmanor.net/sites/fe11/interview/interview1.html

I think Arena Ferox alone in enough indication in of itself that we'll get a rep from it. It's the first FE stage that's one specific area from one specific game, with said game being the most popular of its series.

P.S. What's the gif on the right in your signature from? It's very...hypnotizing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Arena Ferox alone in enough indication in of itself that we'll get a rep from it. It's the first FE stage that's one specific area from one specific game, with said game being the most popular of its series.
P.S. What's the gif on the right in your signature from? It's very...hypnotizing.
I still find it weird, though, that we haven't received an announcement on the Awakening character. I agree with this notion, however, I'd have thought they'd have announced Chrom right away if the rep would be Chrom, with Marth remaining as an unlockable or Ike being turned into an unlockable, but that's not the case, and I highly doubt they'd have announced Ike so early if he WAS unlockable. Almost makes me think that maybe we're not getting Chrom. Sakurai even specifically noted that "rest assured, Ike can still use Aether."

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Agreed.

And where is it from as in what series is the girl from? My avatar and my sig represent Mikasa Ackerman from Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack On Titan.

Hong

The Strongest
I still find it weird, though, that we haven't received an announcement on the Awakening character. I agree with this notion, however, I'd have thought they'd have announced Chrom right away if the rep would be Chrom, with Marth remaining as an unlockable or Ike being turned into an unlockable, but that's not the case, and I highly doubt they'd have announced Ike so early if he WAS unlockable. Almost makes me think that maybe we're not getting Chrom. Sakurai even specifically noted that "rest assured, Ike can still use Aether."
At the very least, I don't think they ever cared about the marketing window. Chrom will still help to sell Awakening, but the plate is a little cold now. I think any Awakening character will work just as well as he could at this point.

At the very least, Palutena kind of shows that they will take their time revealing so-called obvious picks.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Chrom doesn't really seem unlock worthy, but I suppose he could be unlockable anyway.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Wow, that's a lot of info I never knew. With everybody saying Sakurai went to IS to talk about potential newcomers in Melee and Brawl I thought it was because he didn't really knew anything about the series.
Actually, knowing this now actually raises my hope for 2 Awakening newcomers.
Sakurai loves to push the stuff he made and and the stuff he likes.

And aside from that, if Sakurai is a fan of the series, he might just want to push for a character that represents the other cast aside from Lords as well...

I also don't think that them not announcing a FE character until now says anything about their chances

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow, that's a lot of info I never knew. With everybody saying Sakurai went to IS to talk about potential newcomers in Melee and Brawl I thought it was because he didn't really knew anything about the series.

And aside from that, if Sakurai is a fan of the series, he might just want to push for a character that represents the other cast aside from Lords as well...

I also don't think that them not announcing a FE character until now says anything about their chances
Kinda doubt that. I still think if any franchise gets two newcomers this game it'll be DK. (And I doubt even DK will get two newcomers.)

If FE gets four characters this game, I think the fourth would be Roy coming back, not a second Awakening newcomer.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Largely because Metroid and Mario were not kept away from the rest of the world for three generations. We were used to using numbers for international discussion because the translations we have had for the titles have been awkward. Fire Emblem fans are more used to using numbers than other Nintendo franchises, and that will reflect in our terminology. Imagine if FE4 was "FEGOTW". D:

From a distinguishing point, choice of acronymic components aside, it's because FE11 and FE12 are evaluated drastically different from FE1 and FE3.
So bold.

For me, I am more likely to think there won't be one, but won't be surprised if there are.
FEGOTHWP1.
On the subject of an Awakening character, I think it's very likely we'll get one, although I'm not sure what's the consensus of who's unlock worthy and who's not

Hong

The Strongest
Ha, Robin and Lucina would seem more unlock worthy since you "unlock" Robin and Lucina's identity in Awakening. Chrom was figured out from the get-go :troll:
Chrom can't do anything dramatic for his reveal. At least Robin has the hood and Lucina has her mask.

Sakurai could always dig deep into the trolling metagame: Have the cloaked figure reveal himself to be Chrom.:troll:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Chrom can't do anything dramatic for his reveal. At least Robin has the hood and Lucina has her mask.

Sakurai could always dig deep into the trolling metagame: Have the cloaked figure reveal himself to be Chrom.:troll:
Lmao. Omg, that would destroy my heart.

Or he may do a double reveal by doing a trailer from the support conversation where Chrom walks in on the Female Robin naked - Chrom and Robin prepare for battle! :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Or he may do a double reveal by doing a trailer from the support conversation where Chrom walks in on the Female Robin naked - Chrom and Robin prepare for battle! :troll:
That could be the start of a number of things.:troll:

A lot of us were feeling a Fire Emblem reveal for e3. Watch them throw us a curve-ball and reveal someone on the August Direct,

@ Morbi Morbi found us again.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Cloaked figure discards the robe to reaveal Masked Lucina. Takes mask off to reveal it's actually just Marth.
Everybody ragequits.

Hong

The Strongest
Cloaked figure discards the robe to reaveal Masked Lucina. Takes mask off to reveal it's actually just Marth.
Everybody ragequits.
Turns out Marth is just Lucina with short hair and we've had her playable since Melee.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I would never forgive Sakurai if he did that.

Morbi

Scavenger

They actually announced a couple of Fire Emblem characters believe it or not. First there was Marth, I am not sure who he is... he looks like a Chrom clone. After that, there was some guy named Ike, apparently he is a Lord. I agree though, reveals do not really objectively discern anything pertaining to future reveals. I feel as though they might help determine the possibilities though. I still only expect one newcomer, hopefully Robin.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That could be the start of a number of things.:troll:

A lot of us were feeling a Fire Emblem reveal for e3. Watch them throw us a curve-ball and reveal someone on the August Direct,
That's my guess. Especially considering that SMT x FE wasn't shown off at E3 and we have literally nothing to go by for that game. They finally bring some info up in the August Direct, throw in a FE newcomer in the mix. Maximize hype.

Turns out Marth is just Lucina with short hair and we've had her playable since Melee.
Hm, if that's the case, maybe Lucina's reveal trailer will be her at a salon getting hair extensions :troll:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At the very least, I don't think they ever cared about the marketing window. Chrom will still help to sell Awakening, but the plate is a little cold now. I think any Awakening character will work just as well as he could at this point.

At the very least, Palutena kind of shows that they will take their time revealing so-called obvious picks.
It's obvious they're saving the most hype-inducing characters Ridley for last though we'll probably only see one more before launch in Japan. August is our best bet.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's obvious they're saving the most hype-inducing characters Ridley for last though we'll probably only see one more before launch in Japan. August is our best bet.
The real question; is Robin actually hype inducing? That is the only notion that has bothered me in terms of a Fire Emblem newcomer, none of them are worth saving unless one is going to be used for "muh cross-promotion."

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You allll laughed at me when i said that chrom the falchion wielding avatar would be playable!!!! Who's laughing now!?

*drops mic*
We were laughing with you, not at you, silly :troll:

There seems to be a good bit of attention in this thread...*eyeballs "Users Viewing Thread"*...Hai.

Hong

The Strongest
Trailer will start, Ridley's theme song blaring as he soars above battlefield...

...before he is swallowed by Grima.

There seems to be a good bit of attention in this thread...*eyeballs "Users Viewing Thread"*...Hai.
Can't give any numbers, but it's heavily lurked. That's why I was not surprised that I would be called out at the Smash Fest by someone who probably doesn't even post here.

Top Bottom