• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So people changed avatars again.
Oh well, I thought about changing mine anyways.

Now with 100% extra-dreaminess!

Here's a robin related question. If you could only have one, would you take grimma robin or reg robin?
Regular Robin. He/she is awesome, badass, quirky and kinda nerdy.
Grima is just a **** to everyone. Well, at least it has fun while doing it.
Villains always seem to be so much happier than heroes. They laugh all the time!

What the hell happened with this thread?
Anyways, one stage I kinda wanted to see in the new Smash Bros is Grimas back, like the endgame from Awakening, that could have been such a fun stage
Yeah I think that would have been an awesome stage.

What about the dragon's table , noone ever sugets it.
I'd love the Dragon's Table thematicly, but they probably would have to make it unrecognizable to make a new exciting stage out of it.
Then again, maybe a wide open room that sometimes creates a barrier in the middle cutting off the enclosed fighters, forcing them to fight whoever was trapped with them... might actually be interesting now that I think about it.
Though KOing enemies would be a nightmare, unless the barrier breaks once a character is hit hard enough against it.
Great, now I want that stage, just to see if it'd actually work.

Hong

The Strongest
The Colosseum IMO is the dullest of all the stages we have seen thus far. A real bummer that Fire Emblem out of all series had to get the dullest stages this time. At least Arena Ferox is pretty interesting, with the crowd and statues and stuff. The Colosseum may as well be a Smash Bros stage like Battlefield or FD, since I don't feel the spirit of Fire Emblem at all.

Perhaps death on the stages could be permanent, and the player who got the killing blow levels up. ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I think aside from being a bit monochrome with it's brown and white I kinda like the look of the colosseum at least. We also haven't seem much aside from the PotD, so there might be more to it.

Somehow I thought Castle Siege looks a lot more dull overall, and it was one of my least favorite stages in Brawl because of that, even though it cycled through it's 3 designs mid match.
The castle insides was also pretty bleh to play on IMO.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think aside from being a bit monochrome with it's brown and white I kinda like the look of the colosseum at least. We also haven't seem much aside from the PotD, so there might be more to it.

Somehow I thought Castle Siege looks a lot more dull overall, and it was one of my least favorite stages in Brawl because of that, even though it cycled through it's 3 designs mid match.
The castle insides was also pretty bleh to play on IMO.
Wasn't the Colosseum featured in the demos and at the invitational? I could be thinking of another stage though...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wasn't the Colosseum featured in the demos and at the invitational? I could be thinking of another stage though...
Yeah, it was in the demos. I played it at Best Buy, I wasn't impressed but that was largely because it is a VERY large stage and it is not suited for a 2 minute timed match. Might be good for casual 4 player stock matches though.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, it was in the demos. I played it at Best Buy, I wasn't impressed but that was largely because it is a VERY large stage and it is not suited for a 2 minute timed match. Might be good for casual 4 player stock matches though.
More than likely. Won't see the light of competitive play, that's for sure :p

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
More than likely. Won't see the light of competitive play, that's for sure :p
The walk off factor decided that. I will say this, every time I saw a Little Mac on that stage he won.... since it's a giant flat walk off. I actually do think the stage might be fun under the right circumstances, though, but it's definitely not competitively viable.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, not only is it in the demo, but it was played in a stock match with Treehouse IIRC. Nothing happens but the elevating of some dull chunks of metal. As far as competitive play is concerned, I hope we don't have to ban walk-offs again, since we don't have throws with low trajectories anymore. Stages like this could be a great counterpick for a Little Mac player.

I simply have no interest in the stage, competitive or casual. The cuts of stone that decorate the area look nice enough to play on the Final Destination version from time to time, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm actually fond of the new FE stage... but that might just be weird ol' me.

I'm glad Sakurai went with a more generic stage for the Wii U version, as It's not tied to one game. Just like Anna

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm actually fond of the new FE stage... but that might just be weird ol' me.

I'm glad Sakurai went with a more generic stage for the Wii U version, as It's not tied to one game. Just like Anna
I will agree with Hong that the Fire Emblem stages we've seen so far aren't very interesting in terms of their functions. They're kind of generic in that regard. But I think both stages, the Coliseum especially, look great aesthetically. Having big arenas like that to fight in are, I think, cool additions to the roster of stages. Not to mention, I think both stages are vastly superior to that Castle Siege stage. That one was just some castle they made up and called a Fire Emblem stage for no real reason. These stages are based on actual locations from the games, and thus are recognizable and hold meaning to fans. It's a nice change of pace.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Somehow I completely forgot about the demo.

Probably because us Euros DIDN'T GET ONE.
I missed the additional matches on the Treehouse, too, so I didn't realize we actually saw it in action at E3. Still, my bad.

It took me way to long to realize that Mask's new avatar has Sakurai shopped over Wonka's face.
Totally fits him, though. :D

Hong

The Strongest
For me, I just like... colour I suppose. The branches of the Mila tree, the victorian-esque streets of Daein, even the temples and graveyards of Gaiden could have been cool with colourful ghouls rising from their graves in the background. As much as it is about representing Fire Emblem, I like to go with whatever would make the stage selection more flavourful overall. There are tonnes of areas unique to the Fire Emblem IP that are not seen with the rest of Nintendo, especially if we're not getting like a Golden Sun stage or something. Something like the Colosseum could have been anything.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Yeah, not only is it in the demo, but it was played in a stock match with Treehouse IIRC. Nothing happens but the elevating of some dull chunks of metal. As far as competitive play is concerned, I hope we don't have to ban walk-offs again, since we don't have throws with low trajectories anymore. Stages like this could be a great counterpick for a Little Mac player.

I simply have no interest in the stage, competitive or casual. The cuts of stone that decorate the area look nice enough to play on the Final Destination version from time to time, though.
That's all there is? That's pretty dull. I actually just imagined how a stage with fog of war could work, well, online at least, having your sight of the stage hindered would make it pretty annoying

Hong

The Strongest
That's all there is? That's pretty dull. I actually just imagined how a stage with fog of war could work, well, online at least, having your sight of the stage hindered would make it pretty annoying
Sounds perfect for the 3DS. Unique elements like the coins on Golden Plains are tracked on the user end, since each user has their own system regardless and can have information expressed exclusively to them.
Somehow I completely forgot about the demo.

Probably because us Euros DIDN'T GET ONE.
I missed the additional matches on the Treehouse, too, so I didn't realize we actually saw it in action at E3. Still, my bad.
To go back to your post, found this for you. ^~^

Hong

The Strongest
Too bad Marth couldn't get the job done on home turf :(
Not only is Ken notoriously awful with items, but I can't blame him for his performance when his character of over ten years has completely changed.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
To go back to your post, found this for you. ^~^
The invitational was at like 4 AM for me, and I started to get a bit delirious. Only things I actively remember about that are the Pikachu trolls, Zelda Williams' Majora's Mask, "SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT!!!!" and that the finale was pretty good.
But enough of the excuses, I just didn't remember the stage. Which probably isn't a good sign.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't say getting second at EVO 2007 in Brawl is 'notoriously awful' even if he did eventually lose to a level 9 CPU.

Better than me anyway >.>
Oh, I remember that. Still far from what I would consider good with items. Generally the people who are good with items are Peach or Diddy mains.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
*discount Jamie Hyneman* *Ding*
"Validar has x-ray vision" *Ding*
"Validar is a **** to his own son" *Ding*
"Validar's entire plan fails if he kills robin, yet he does so anyways." *Ding*
"For the cult leader of the worlds most douchey dragon he's extremely weak" *Ding*
"All of Validar's speeches are monologues." *Ding*
"If he knows robin is there why doesn't he just use all of his bs mind control and save himself the trouble of having any risk of his master plan failing" *Ding*

Bonus round for every single time someone makes a speech about destiny.

IronFish

Smash Ace
"Validar has x-ray vision" *Ding*
"Validar is a **** to his own son" *Ding*
"Validar's entire plan fails if he kills robin, yet he does so anyways." *Ding*
"For the cult leader of the worlds most douchey dragon he's extremely weak" *Ding*
"All of Validar's speeches are monologues." *Ding*
"If he knows robin is there why doesn't he just use all of his bs mind control and save himself the trouble of having any risk of his master plan failing" *Ding*

Bonus round for every single time someone makes a speech about destiny.
"Basilio Ex Machina" *Ding*

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I didn't realize Awakening was the inbred clone of Vlad the Impaler, burner of puppies, widowmaker and also a talentless hack.
Though that's probably a product of me being simply naive. So yeah, I like Awakening :3

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
While I agree that the FE stages this time around are rather dull, at least both are based on actual places. Castle Siege in Brawl wasn't based off any particular setting whatsoever, and Melee was just a soundtrack on someone else's stage (which, by the way, was also generic and not connected to a canon place). Granted the Wii U stage isn't an exact location but its still representing something specific to the FE franchise, which is more then Castle Siege can say.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While I agree that the FE stages this time around are rather dull, at least both are based on actual places. Castle Siege in Brawl wasn't based off any particular setting whatsoever, and Melee was just a soundtrack on someone else's stage (which, by the way, was also generic and not connected to a canon place). Granted the Wii U stage isn't an exact location but its still representing something specific to the FE franchise, which is more then Castle Siege can say.
Agreed. The feel of the Colisseum with its basic platforms is kinda bland, but I really like the appearance of it and the fact that it represents an ACTUAL location from the games, as opposed to the generic-as-hell Castle Siege.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they brought back Castle Siege but redesigned it slightly and rebranded it "Castle Akaneia" or something. They've brought back old stages and rebranded them in the past.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
And you people say I'm strange.
Do we? I just say you're adorable. :3

While I agree that the FE stages this time around are rather dull, at least both are based on actual places. Castle Siege in Brawl wasn't based off any particular setting whatsoever, and Melee was just a soundtrack on someone else's stage (which, by the way, was also generic and not connected to a canon place).
Wasn't it on Great Temple? That's very loosely based off of... well, the Great Temple, the final dungeon of Zelda 2.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do we? I just say you're adorable. :3

Wasn't it on Great Temple? That's very loosely based off of... well, the Great Temple, the final dungeon of Zelda 2.
It was just called "Temple" and it was based on the general concept of Temples from Zelda 2. The Temple stage did somewhat fit Fire Emblem, although it should be noted that an Akaneia stage was actually planned for Melee but was cut.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well if we completely disregard the leak Robin's chances are really really good now honestly.
Yup, that's how I feel. And as I've said before, at the very least, I'm confident Robin will appear in DLC. So personally, I'm not worried anymore.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
And if there's no DLC at all, I will cry.

...Or at least throw a heavy object at my screen.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm pretty sure DLC will be implemented. Not just because of the mention of it in the leak, but just because it'll be an opportunity Nintendo could really profit from. And I'll gladly support by throwing my money at the screen.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
The thing with DLC is that I wonder how newcomers will get their trailers if they're DLC-exclusive. Will they be held until the release date? Or hidden?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The thing with DLC is that I wonder how newcomers will get their trailers if they're DLC-exclusive. Will they be held until the release date? Or hidden?
I would imagine the trailers would be revealed when the character is revealed as DLC in order to build hype. If they get trailers at all, that is.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
It's also pretty hard to tell when theyLL begin designing DLC characters.
Since I figure that character design is something you can tweek for a long time in a fighting game, especially if those people also do the balancing, they might actually not decide what DLC characters they'll want to bring until shortly before the 3DS version launches.

And since Nintendo doesn't seem to do any "already on disc" bs, I think that the characters won't be presentable enough for an announcement or trailer until between the two games' launches, if not after the WiiU version's launch.
And yeah, as ThoothiestAura said, I'd assume they would do the usual newcomer trailers to announce the DLC. I mean, what better way to hype up the fanbase for a new character?

Last edited:
Top Bottom