• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Do people here want DLC? Merely curious.
Always depends on how it's executed and what it involves, I don't think I'll pay for a character I wouldn't play as. I do agree with not bringing all cut veterans from previous games though, I certainly don't miss the likes of Pichu and Roy

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, patches > DLC as far as wants go. Whatever nice things they have to offer, ideally, I'd want them to already be in the game. However, if there is DLC, of course I'll be interested in it. I haven't been disappointed in my DLC experiences with Nintendo so far (loved FE:A's DLC content especially) so it's not like I'm expecting DLC for Smash to be lackluster as far as content goes. I just hope it's executed well.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
It would certainly be the most financially sensible thing to do. Smash Bros is going to be the most money Nintendo has made in the past three years by a long-shot. Between amiibos and DLC, they would be wise to ride it hard.

It would be both painful yet settling if Robin did not show up at all in Smash 4, in that sense. At least Lyn and Tiki were cut down where they stood and I don't expect them to be un-trophied, where as the other characters are still dangling from cages.

Edit - By the way, folks, todays POTD confirms Grima. No one bigger than that.:troll:
Ridley and grimma double reveal confirmed.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
My excuse is that I didn't have anything to say so I entered spectator mode.

S/o to Robin though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I dunno, most posts come at night. When the sun comes up for all you yankees.
I was actually quite surprised with the amount of posts that happened throughout the day.

Also Robin and Smash related news where pretty scarce since E3. Might explain a drought of participants.

Hong

The Strongest
I am usually around for graveyard hours (CDT) so I get a whole lot to read at once, but I'm never alone as long as I have you, Drakonis. ( 〞▽ 〝)

Hong

The Strongest
People reeeeeally care about the Gematsu leak that much, huh?

Not like I think it's illegitimate, so much as too partial and outdated for it to have any impact on my speculation.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People reeeeeally care about the Gematsu leak that much, huh?

Not like I think it's illegitimate, so much as too partial and outdated for it to have any impact on my speculation.
I'm in agreement with this. At this point its obviously real, but its too outdated. I really, really don't think Chrom is unlockable material either, and at this point, the likelihood is that the third FE character is unlockable. Robin would fit much better in that regard, plus Robin's music plays in Arena Ferox...

Hong

The Strongest
I'm in agreement with this. At this point its obviously real, but its too outdated. I really, really don't think Chrom is unlockable material either, and at this point, the likelihood is that the third FE character is unlockable. Robin would fit much better in that regard, plus Robin's music plays in Arena Ferox...
I take it someone who:

a) Screens e3 material
b) Screens/produces promotional material
c) Is involved somewhere during the long process of licensing

was involved with the leak. The two credible characters, Wii Fit Trainer, and "Mii Fighter", guesses beyond the whims of probability, were both leaked within a short time frame of their official presentations. I don't think it's indicative of anyone involved with the development process, and even if they got the very initial development draft created in early 2012, I can't think of a single game in history that has ever developed according to plan.
Tbh, I don't care what some of the leak supporters say. I will support Robin until the end.
^~^ Thanks. It was really depressing coming here after e3.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
^~^ Thanks. It was really depressing coming here after e3.
;) Don't put any stock in this destiny hogwash, because hope will never die.

I can very easily imagine Robin being in smash in my mind. Kicking, punching, firing magic at the other characters...Being a bad*** that isn't a blue haired lord...You get the idea. I like Chrom and Lucina, I really do, but Robin's the character I really want despite the odds against her.

And on another note, my 3ds broke earlier today. No more fire emblem awakening... :crying:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
;) Don't put any stock in this destiny hogwash, because hope will never die.

I can very easily imagine Robin being in smash in my mind. Kicking, punching, firing magic at the other characters...Being a bad*** that isn't a blue haired lord...You get the idea. I like Chrom and Lucina, I really do, but Robin's the character I really want despite the odds against her.

And on another note, my 3ds broke earlier today. No more fire emblem awakening... :crying:
We've been going for Robin even with the odds stacked against her already anyway. I don't see how now is any different.

Hong

The Strongest
To go back to @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman 's point, I just have such a hard time seeing the developer including Chrom, due to similarity. Not at all an issue about not being able to make a moveset for him, so much as just general roster diversity. At least with Lucina, I could argue that Intelligent Systems would be more biased in favour of the character they like most, but she still doesn't have anywhere near the level of contrast that Robin does. Not saying Chrom is impossible, so much as you're still kind of reaching with that character in terms of speculation. I thought he was pretty much a no-go.

Until Toon Link happened, more or less unchanged from Brawl. After that, I can see them going with Chrom with no hesitation. @~@
That's a pretty horrible thing to happen. Will you at least be able to salvage your data?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To go back to @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman 's point, I just have such a hard time seeing the developer including Chrom, due to similarity. Not at all an issue about not being able to make a moveset for him, so much as just general roster diversity. At least with Lucina, I could argue that Intelligent Systems would be more biased in favour of the character they like most, but she still doesn't have anywhere near the level of contrast that Robin does. Not saying Chrom is impossible, so much as you're still kind of reaching with that character in terms of speculation. I thought he was pretty much a no-go.

Until Toon Link happened, more or less unchanged from Brawl. After that, I can see them going with Chrom with no hesitation. @~@
That's a pretty horrible thing to happen. Will you at least be able to salvage your data?
See, except for Toon Link, we have no other known clones in the game, and Toon Link can be somewhat argued because at least he's got a completely different height and hitbox from Link.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
See, except for Toon Link, we have no other known clones in the game, and Toon Link can be somewhat argued because at least he's got a completely different height and hitbox from Link.
That, and the fact that Toon Link and Adult Link are in separate timelines. The gap between Marth and Chrom may be large, but at least they're in the same timeline. So Toon Link may feel like a necessary addition for the LoZ franchise.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Pega-Pony Princess said:
Man, that's bad news. Hope you could salvage at lleast something...

I am usually around for graveyard hours (CDT) so I get a whole lot to read at once, but I'm never alone as long as I have you, Drakonis. ( 〞▽ 〝)
Drakonis plus Hong S support obtained. :3

:3

"The odds where stacked against us from the beginning - yet we never give up hope.
And even if our darkest hour may yet come, I don't mind as long as I can watch this thread... together with you!"

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
If two Robin supporters love each other, will a Morgan supporter come into existence?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If two Robin supporters love each other, will a Morgan supporter come into existence?
From what I know about these things, shouldn't it be two, and one likes female Morgan a little bit more and the other one male Morgan?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Or maybe you'll end up with two Morgans. One that favors swordplay while the other is more fond of tomes :p

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Also I'm kinda expecting this to happen now:

Doc: Drakonis you gotta come back with me.
Drakonis: Where?
Doc: Back to the future past.
Drakonis: No no no, Doc, I just got here, okay, Hong's here, we’re gonna take the new truck for a spin.
Doc: Well, bring her along. This concerns her too.
Drakonis: Wait a minute, Doc. What are you talking about? What happens to us in the future? What do we become trolls or something?
Doc: No no no no no, Drak, both you and Hong turn out fine. It’s your kids, Drak, something has got to be done about your kids.
Drakonis: Hey, Doc, we better back up, we don’t have enough roads to get up to 88.
Doc: Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.

(And while editing the script I realized the awkwardness of not knowing weither or not someone is actually female. Well, all for the joke!)

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Also I'm kinda expecting this to happen now:

Doc: Drakonis you gotta come back with me.
Drakonis: Where?
Doc: Back to the future past.
Drakonis: No no no, Doc, I just got here, okay, Hong's here, we’re gonna take the new truck for a spin.
Doc: Well, bring her along. This concerns her too.
Drakonis: Wait a minute, Doc. What are you talking about? What happens to us in the future? What do we become trolls or something?
Doc: No no no no no, Drak, both you and Hong turn out fine. It’s your kids, Drak, something has got to be done about your kids.
Drakonis: Hey, Doc, we better back up, we don’t have enough roads to get up to 88.
Doc: Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.

(And while editing the script I realized the awkwardness of not knowing weither or not someone is actually female. Well, all for the joke!)
Does that mean that i get to be the villain?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Will you at least be able to salvage your data?
Hopefully. Earlier on today, my 3ds worked just fine. Before I went to get lunch ready, I put it in sleep mode. When I got back, the 3ds wasn't on. I tried starting it, but all I saw was two black screens. The blue light was on briefly and then there was a loud pop...Maybe I should send it into Nintendo. I wonder if the SD card would help any...Meh.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, IIRC, a lot of games do save onto the cardridge instead of the system, so there's at least that.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
There are times when I believe this thread is simply a dating sim, which makes me depressed because while everyone else is pairing up with their pretty boy/girl avatars, I'm left alone...

Hong

The Strongest
Hopefully. Earlier on today, my 3ds worked just fine. Before I went to get lunch ready, I put it in sleep mode. When I got back, the 3ds wasn't on. I tried starting it, but all I saw was two black screens. The blue light was on briefly and then there was a loud pop...Maybe I should send it into Nintendo. I wonder if the SD card would help any...Meh.
:( Definitely shouldn't be popping. Could be worth it to check the battery.
There are times when I believe this thread is simply a dating sim, which makes me depressed because while everyone else is pairing up with their pretty boy/girl avatars, I'm left alone...
I hear @ Narwalgod Narwalgod is single.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I bow out to spend a few hours job searching, and we're had skepticism on the Gematsu leak, reaffirmed support for Robin, and...who the hell tied the knot up there? >_>

Unlike Chrom, though, Toon Link is already on the roster from Brawl. They seem less willing to cut half-clones that are still significant parts of major franchises (Toon Link represents a different timeline and aesthetic than the rest of the Zelda reps while still being an incarnation of the Hero of Legend, and they couldn't just go and drop Luigi >_>). But would they willingly add another half-clone, when unlike with Brawl, they weren't pressed for time when they figured out the roster?

What we do know so far is that all of the newcomers have unique playstyles. While there's some reason for concern...I don't think we have any evidence to say they'd willingly change that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom