• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You all are at an all-time high with comedy right now. Please keep this up and Henry will be confirmed for a replacement Mr. Resetti Assist Trophy...featuring the crows. (I enjoy Henry's comedy :awesome:).

I'd love if Henry replaced Mr. Resetti so I could see/hear all that humor. Nya ha, nya ha, nya ha! :troll:
i'd rather not see the CAWnsequences of such CAWmedy.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
He's a villain and a heavyweight, two things Smash is lacking, and people want more DK characters. Given I find all the games in the series sans DKC2 boring or annoying, I can't say I care much.
Back to Robin though, I kinda hope he'd get at least 3 different male/female versions in a similar manner to the Villager, even if we can't get ahold of full customization of that
I could see Robin getting the Wario treatment..mixed in with the Villager treatment...times like infinity. So many possibilities. So much fun to be had!

Hong

The Strongest
To be fair...

A Chrom and Lucina Assist Trophy would be awesome. Same with Ephraim and Eirika.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It would be funny to see Kellam if he was in stealth mode, hard to see, and would attack opponents that way :troll:

But that would never happen since Kellam would never even reach the consideration point because I'm sure his existence has already been forgotten about...the guy's name was even lost to history for crying out loud.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
How do you think Mewtwo fans felt during Greninja's trailer? :rolleyes:
Well, since Mewtwo is my most wanted character, I can say that I felt depressed after the Direct. I temporarily lost hope for the game.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It would be funny to see Kellam if he was in stealth mode, hard to see, and would attack opponents that way :troll:

But that would never happen since Kellam would never even reach the consideration point because I'm sure his existence has already been forgotten about...the guy's name was even lost to history for crying out loud.
I honestly completely forgot about Kellam while playing the game the first time, I rarely ever use Knights/Generals in FE

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Tiki or Anna would make great assist trophies IMO.
Anna could confuse the enemy for a second and them force them to by a random crap item for % or their currently held item :D

I honestly completely forgot about Kellam while playing the game the first time, I rarely ever use Knights/Generals in FE
granted, I think the only time they made an appealing looking Knight/General armor design was Nephenee. I hate those huge shoulder things they tend to have.
In fact, I hate the design so much that the only time I used a Knight was... Nephenee.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm completely lost in this whole conversation because I don't know much about Awakening.

Anna could confuse the enemy for a second and them force them to by a random crap item for % or their currently held item :D
If Anna isn't playable, she should DEFINITELY be an AT. Tiki would be a great AT, too, and both of them would represent more games than just Awakening. I still really want an AT from Jugdral, though, since its currently the only FE series with more than one game not represented by anything more than a trophy... actually it doesn't even have that. Jugdral should at least have an AT.

Unless.... Mega mewtwo becomes it's own pokemon!!!!!
Mewtwo would get Mega Mewtwo as his Final Smash, not be his own Pokemon.

The chances? Close to zero. Voice 1. Can't tell if the other male voices are better or worse since I only ever heard the short clips you hear when testing them in the creation screen.

And if you guys don't mind me asking, what's the appeal of K Rool aside from apparently being insane (in a good, villainy way)?
I have never played through the entirety of any DKC game (only played them over at a friend's house, didn't have a SNES back in the day). Purely visually, I think that K Rool is ugly is sin - and not the appealing type of ugly that Ridley has going on. I mean actual badly designed ugly. Heck, they even gave him a new outfit in the sequel IIRC.

Might be just me not giving a hoot about the DK series as a whole though due to alack of nostalgic attachment. I'll probably like him in Smash if he ends up showing up.
Because K. Rool is hilarious and awesome. He's got a very quirky personality and has the best expressions ever. I'd compare him to a far more villainous and devious King Dedede. Dedede is just greedy for the most part, K. Rool is outright ruthless at times and is still hilarious in his own right.

K. Rool getting a new outfit? That's not due to having a "bad design." That's part of his personality, constantly switching to a new persona every game. Its another major quirk and why people love K. Rool. Yes, he is insane, that's why he's so damn awesome. The Tikis and Snowmads have NOTHING on K. Rool and the Kremlings.

EDIT:
how about a Laguz Lord as an assist trophy?
That would be cool, and WAY better than Micaiah. If we get any Laguz Lord I think it should be Tibarn personality.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
To go back to this:
How do you think Mewtwo fans felt during Greninja's trailer? :rolleyes:
I don't find it comparable. I am a Mewtwo fan and not for an instant did I think the trailer was about him. I am not sure if there is something I am missing since I have not played a Pokemon game since Red, but that was so clearly not Mewtwo in the shadows.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

granted, I think the only time they made an appealing looking Knight/General armor design was Nephenee. I hate those huge shoulder things they tend to have.
In fact, I hate the design so much that the only time I used a Knight was... Nephenee.
well, Nephenee is a soldier in PoR, it's aesthetically (and statistically) quite different from a knight

Hong

The Strongest
how about a Laguz Lord as an assist trophy?
I say Reyson. I would love to have a Galdr on my side, reducing the recovery on all my attacks.
No? I thought the Generals in the GBA games had the coolest design the series has seen yet.

Also, Nephenee wasn't a Knight, but rather a Soldier. :b They are a faster, mobile, yet weaker and more fragile class. Unfortunately while they are in most games, they have only been playable in a few. A real shame because I like them way better.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I was actually one of those people who thought that was Mewtwo for a second after the first shot of Greninja hanging upside down in the cave.
I think it was just the dark entity in a cave with an odd silhoutte that fooled people. It went by really fast, too, so there wasn't much time for my brain to process what exactly was going on.

EDIT: @ Hong Hong I never extensively played any of the GBA FE games. I have dabbled a bit in SS, but I'm fairly certain I didn't use a knight there either if I didn't had to.
Also for being more fragile than a Knight Nephenee still was an amazing tank.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
To go back to this:
I don't find it comparable. I am a Mewtwo fan and not for an instant did I think the trailer was about him. I am not sure if there is something I am missing since I have not played a Pokemon game since Red, but that was so clearly not Mewtwo in the shadows.
and why would a veteran even get a trailer

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Kellam actually is in the game. His gimmick is that he has a Cloaking Device on him at all times.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
and why would a veteran even get a trailer

People were probably thinking that because Mewtwo would fall into the newly dubbed vetacomer category - a veteran that has been dismissed, but possibly makes a return in Smash 4 :troll:

And well, Sonic's little video didn't really count I guess...but being third-party makes him "special" compared to the others.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I say Reyson. I would love to have a Galdr on my side, reducing the recovery on all my attacks.
No? I thought the Generals in the GBA games had the coolest design the series has seen yet.

Also, Nephenee wasn't a Knight, but rather a Soldier. :b They are a faster, mobile, yet weaker and more fragile class. Unfortunately while they are in most games, they have only been playable in a few. A real shame because I like them way better.
I hate Knights/Generals in, well, general. Nephenee is by far one of the greatest armored-type units, but even then she's only a soldier not a knight/general.

I didn't like the GBA Knights either, although the Generals in the GBA games were OK. Typically I rarely actually use Knights, though. Actually I love mounted units even though a lot of people dislike mounted Units. :D Mages, too, especially in POR/RD, I tend to always use Soren and Ilyana both in both games.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't know why, but seeing my computer monitor being taken up almost entirely by gifs of Kermit drinking a cup of tea tea has me bursting with laughter. :joyful:

Hong

The Strongest
I didn't like the GBA Knights either, although the Generals in the GBA games were OK. Typically I rarely actually use Knights, though. Actually I love mounted units even though a lot of people dislike mounted Units. :D Mages, too, especially in POR/RD, I tend to always use Soren and Ilyana both in both games.
Not my style. I like strong, robust, heavy units to make an unstoppable push. I also play with very few units compared to a lot of players, 6-8 before you factor in utility like thieves or bards. I always try to have two fliers who can go on ahead and distract the AI, so chapters like the one with Astrid in Path of Radiance are not as brutal.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Guess who got Fire Emblem: Awakening for his birthday?

Going to play using Robin as her own character rather than my avatar. Probably going to make her marry Chrom too, since that's the most canon outcome in my mind.
Pies are love... Pies are Life! also Pega-Pony Princess

Gods why does this thread get so big?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not my style. I like strong, robust, heavy units to make an unstoppable push. I also play with very few units compared to a lot of players, 6-8 before you factor in utility like thieves or bards. I always try to have two fliers who can go on ahead and distract the AI, so chapters like the one with Astrid in Path of Radiance are not as brutal.

I usually have a pair of fliers as part of my mounted crew (very rarely will I ever use three) when possible, but honestly I do like to use more than a select few characters. I tend to level up about 12-15 characters, depending on the game. Usually in the late game my mages become healers 50% of the time so that's why I like to keep a couple of mages around.

IronFish

Smash Ace

Maybe be the opposite of Munchlax, and leave items everywhere

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Kermit for SSB4. Someone start the thread

All hail the members of the Muppet Kermit Party

Would've made a lame "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID *giggle* *giggle* *snort*" joke, but I'll pass :troll:

But really, it's because we love Robin, Fire Emblem always sparks for great discussion, and well...we have Kermit. With Kermit, this thread doesn't afraid of anything and loses to no one!

K. Rool and RIdley doesn't count...not counting Mewtwo either since he won't exactly be a newcomer

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

from what I can tell, and maybe I'm wrong, but sort of general FE discussion has moved here since the normal FE thread gets too intense.

Also, everyone wants to be Robin. that's why everyone always selects the character in Awakening.

Hong

The Strongest
I usually have a pair of fliers as part of my mounted crew (very rarely will I ever use three) when possible, but honestly I do like to use more than a select few characters. I tend to level up about 12-15 characters, depending on the game. Usually in the late game my mages become healers 50% of the time so that's why I like to keep a couple of mages around.
Basically. If I have one Mage and one Cleric, I'll always have two healers by the mid-game. I as well used both Soren and Ilyana in the Telius games, though, since they were too much to resist.

Needless to say, my minimalist approach has made games like FE12's Lunatic a complete nightmare for a long time running. My Unit is the only character in that game that feels remarkably broken.
it would be cool if he was in the crowd at Arena Ferox.
Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if he, as well as some other Awakening characters, are slated to appear in such a way. Should be simple enough for them to import models. Since they are so far away, they don't need to worry about having memory-sucking details like shadows and full animation, so the frame rate should hold up fine.

Top Bottom