• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
"Rinka Profile: The Aloof Flame Starting Class: Oni She is from the Tribe of Flames, which is an independent group from the Kingdom. Following her father (the chief)’s orders, she moved to assist the Kingdom of Hoshido. In accordance with her tribe’s custom of honoring solitude, she does not interact with her comrades more than is necessary."

Maybe not, but one can dream....
I decide how much she will interact with her comrades. And I assure you that interaction will be plentiful.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
In the span of a day, face-rubbing has gone from the creepiest new feature to one of my favourites and I haven't even tried it yet.

It will never be not-completely- absurd no matter how they present it and that makes it hilarious. It's an element in Japanese culture as well as Korean culture and you honestly don't think about it much IRL unless you are a foreigner. But to have it stream-lined in a game is just so immensely random help im dying
Actually, I dunno if it's a Japanese cultural thingy. I've read about such instances in Chinese culture in someplaces, since it seems Chinese are more open about this kind of affection display. Japanese, though, tend to be the contrary, at least as far I've read about their body language culture, and I didn't see anything about 'face-rubbing' others, either. It's actually kinda scary about how they don't like to show this kind of affection. Even their suffixes, such as '-chan, -san, -kun etc' serve more to distance themselves from others than the contrary. Just really close familiy members/friends/lovers call each other without using any kind of suffix.
Of course, the sources where I've read this are kind of dated (90s-2000), and maybe it doesn't show how the reality about Japan's culture today, and I've never been there myself either to confirm/deconfirm these claims.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
katanas are cool and there's a samurai class in the game, if had already won me over a long time ago

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
"GIVE ME YOUR FACE!"

~ Optimus Prime on the new features in Fire Emblem If

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
tfw the Robin social is actually moving fast and fills a page in 2 hours

tfw Robin is moving fast

tfw fast

Hong

The Strongest
No touchy feely for you madame!
Dun make me use the star!
I don't wanna use it on you.
What's with you? Why you always controlling me so much?

People only do this kind of thing if they get jealous, you know. Don't want Hong touching anyone else, huh?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

People only do this kind of thing if they get jealous, you know. Don't want Hong touching anyone else, huh?

infracted and banned for inappropriate seduction and harassment

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Please madame, someone like myself, jealous?

Elezir

Wow, Serenes Forest is on flames because of the face-rubbing thingy.
I agree it looks creepy, but c'mon, it's seems to be the kind of thing you can easily and happily ignore, if it ever makes past the cut to the West
We don't even know how it's actually going to work, either. oO Maybe you can only to it with characters that are confortable with Kamui caressing them, ie characters that you have a high affinity with. Even if I still find it weird, as it really seems to be more aimed at the otaku population in Japan (otaku, as in, it's original meaning, which is someone obssesed over something), it would at least make more sense.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Oh those abs

I also read Charlottes profile:
"Starting Class: Axe Fighter. A mercenary of the border of the Kingdom of Nohr.She can be seen as a truly kind girl by anyone who talks to her, but this is just a play to get any man under her control. Her true nature is that of a strong yet crude hand to hand fighter. She dreams of marrying into high wealth and social status."

> gold digger
> manipulative *****
> acts all cutsey

Ladies and gentlemen, I think I already hate her.
Frieza plz stahp.

Even though Charlotte sounds like an absolutely terrible person, there is one thing that makes me love her (for now at least).

I'm sorry, it's just TOO DARN HILARIOUS!
I decide how much she will interact with her comrades. And I assure you that interaction will be plentiful.
I'm sure as the story progresses she'll become less aloof and more open.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I kind of want to give Charlotte a chance, but her character design and personality description just make me want to not use her. Plus I never use axe users that much anyways (I still use wyvern riders though).

Elezir

Btw, if I ever get a Robin 3ds model out of this like Felicia's or Gaston'sHarold's, I will be a extremely happy person.what? no I'm not obssesed~I think.
Also.

It seems to be the menu for the face-rubbing thingy. So, same sex pairing confirmed? Nintendo? Plz?:awesome:

:awesome: Ninteeeendo.

*Ahem*

Moar funny FE: if memes

Lord Lobster is back, too.

And Kamui rubbing your face.

Sorry, couldn't help myself after I found this pic, with all this face-rubbing discussion going on...

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Got my Splatoon Wii U bundle on the Weekend plus SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U and I have to say, OH MY GOD!!!!

Literially, after the opening cutscene finished, I was paralysed with joy and excitement for a whole minute. Not joking.

Speaking of Smash, has @Raziek and @smokebomb12 versed yet?

Watch it.

Tell 'im, @FalKoopa
She's kind of.

THAT said, GO WATCH IT. If you like cutesy anime, you will not be disappointed. Season 1 even has a pun-tastic dub. :4pacman:

:231:
Well, then I will go watch if it is that good.

Question, where should I watch and is there an English version or is it just Japanese with Eng subs?

Uh? What the problem?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Baby, you think you can handle me. HA! Sugar, gotta get sweeter than that

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Frieza plz stahp.

Even though Charlotte sounds like an absolutely terrible person, there is one thing that makes me love her (for now at least).

I'm sorry, it's just TOO DARN HILARIOUS!

I'm sure as the story progresses she'll become less aloof and more open.
Gotta admit that expression makes me smile.
That face reminds me of Noire(Nohr, Noire coincidence?). Nevertheless, if her character developement is well thought out I might start liking her but for now....nah. Atleast Camilla is nice to you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To all the guys out there, including the straightest of straight men, let's face it.

Joker is really hot. Cyrus is too. And of course don't forget about Tsubaki.

Also, best girls so far have to go to Kagerou and Oroshi.

But female Kamui is very waifu material too. But nobody makes themselves their waifu...
... Right? :secretkpop:
All I care about is Felicia though.

:secretkpop:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Am I the only one here who couldn't care less about the attractiveness of these characters?

Except for maybe Hinoka...

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I can't wait to caress Garon's face...

Also i can't believe only now i´m noticing about the character-exclusive skills, that's freaking awesome!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I can somewhat understand why some people would consider the petting bit creepy and it is rather strange for it to be included, but petting is still pretty tame compared to a bunch of other things that other games have made the player do. I guess I don't see it as a big deal since I enjoy being petted or caressed(or whatever that word I'm looking for. Like fingers sliding down an arm or the back of the neck and etc.). Even though that's most likely because I'm a person with many cats and also love cats a lot.

I used to think the bathhouse was strange at first, but then I remembered that the bath-house is nothing new for games in general, including RPGs like the Tales series. Good golly, even Suikoden had a bath-house since the first game and Suikoden 5 even had a moment with a guy and 2 girls bathing together. Now, I honestly don't see why Fire Emblem getting a bathhouse is such a big deal, other than people using it as fuel for Waifus and Husbandos, despite the fact that other series with very little fanservice have used them.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, I dunno if it's a Japanese cultural thingy. I've read about such instances in Chinese culture in someplaces, since it seems Chinese are more open about this kind of affection display. Japanese, though, tend to be the contrary, at least as far I've read about their body language culture, and I didn't see anything about 'face-rubbing' others, either. It's actually kinda scary about how they don't like to show this kind of affection. Even their suffixes, such as '-chan, -san, -kun etc' serve more to distance themselves from others than the contrary. Just really close familiy members/friends/lovers call each other without using any kind of suffix.
Of course, the sources where I've read this are kind of dated (90s-2000), and maybe it doesn't show how the reality about Japan's culture today, and I've never been there myself either to confirm/deconfirm these claims.
Sorry. Missed your post in the sea of alerts I got today.

One needs to make the distinction:

Japan does indeed have a massive social bubble. Japan, along with North America (as well as a few other countries like Finland) have notoriously large preferred distance of interaction with others, especially strangers. People, especially the elderly, can be keen of displaying restraint and discipline, and sometimes in general romantic activity is shamed.

That said, this is a whole different matter when talking about youth (the primary demography of the product) and how they behave. Younger people will be much, much more prone to touch each other, especially when not in the face of their parents and elders. Outside of business, sometimes in a home environment, older friends may also be prone to touch, but not to the degree of youth.

In general dealing with Japanese youth can be overwhelming, especially as someone not born in Japan. The moment I think I can speak the language, the way they use it makes it sound like something completely new and I feel embarrassed when I actually get to meet them and it's nowhere near as smooth as I seemed online. :estatic:
Am I the only one here who couldn't care less about the attractiveness of these characters?

Except for maybe Hinoka...
Join us.

Though it seems you have. :sheep:
It's almost like a theatrical form of attractiveness, for me. "Which virtual character is best suited for my virtual character?" Given they are drawings, of course i don't find attractiveness in them, but I can still say "That's a good-looking/pretty feature" and apply that.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, what is up with the Amiibo's in FE:If?

Haven't watched the trailer yet so I don't know what they are used for.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hey guys, what is up with the Amiibo's in FE:If?

Haven't watched the trailer yet so I don't know what they are used for.
They're used for summoning Marth, Robin, Ike and Lucina in the game - you can fight them in 'My Castle' and if you win, they'll join the team.

Think of it like the Awakening DLC, or a StreetPass team

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Gotta admit that expression makes me smile.
That face reminds me of Noire(Nohr, Noire coincidence?). Nevertheless, if her character developement is well thought out I might start liking her but for now....nah. Atleast Camilla is nice to you.
Yeah I do hope she gets some decent character development.
Oh neat oh!

What's 'My Castle'?
It's a hub world of sorts between levels where you can talk to allies, set up buildings, go to shops, and more. Basically you get to build up your own homebase where you can hang out and do all the usual stuff between missions.

Top Bottom