• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Fire Emblem-Amie confirmed
My Castle and Amiibos seem cool, but do they really have to keep trying to turn FE into a dating sim? >_> I really dislike the new direction the series is taking, though hopefully this game has a better story and main characters than FE13, as well as more control over your My Unit like FE12.

Now why couldn't they just have the FE13 artist do the DLC characters too? Marth and Ike look fantastic compared to anything those guest artists came up with (didn't most of them come from Hentai backgrounds?).

D

Deleted member

So there's a feature in this game where you get to stroke others faces...? o.o

Other than that, I'm personally excited. Marth and Ike look super awesome.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm on the fence about Emblem Amie. On one hand, I'm all for more character interactions, but on the other hand, unless you can do it only with characters that Kamui has a high support level for it's... Odd. Still, I highly doubt it's required to beat the game, so people can skip it if they wish.

I really love the rest of My Castle, though. Character customization beyond Kamui's head? Heck yeah.

I think it won't be Hoshido only because Harold is shown there and he's Nohr exclusive, if I recall.

The Amiibo support looks even better than the past character recruitment for Awakening. They get voices and everything! Shame that the FE Amiibos are rarer than shinies... At least I will have Lucina with Laura Bailey's voice.

I think it's important to remember that the "dating sim" aspects will likely be optional. Remember, all the media up to this point was focused on he branching paths and core gameplay stuff. I feel like they're trying to appeal to both sides of the fandom. Look at Nohr- it seems to be built like Classic FE with no world map and differing objectives and being harder. It seems like IS is making it so if you dislike an aspect of the game, you can skip it. Find Nohr way too hard? Go Hoshido or do Phoenix mode. Find Emblem Amie creepy? Don't use it.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I think it won't be Hoshido only because Harold is shown there and he's Nohr exclusive, if I recall.
Camilla was featured too.

She too is exclusive to Nohr unless IS is keeping quiet about one of the siblings switching sides but Gaston Harold included in the face rubbing suggests Nohr will get My Castle as well. How else could they implement the streetpass teams and DLC maps if Nohr won't have a world map? Give Nohr a hub world.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I heard of Fire Emblem Amie.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't open a delicious can of worms. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure no one would have predicted the franchise going in this direction even as recently as 2012.

:231:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
As a side note, when I first saw the gifs of Emblem Amie without context, I thought it meant we were getting animated confession scenes... I'd still be okay with that.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I now take back any distaste for face-touching.

In fact, I embrace it now.

You heard it, folks. Line up. All of you. Bring your faces to me. My hand hungers.
Uh-oh.
Run guys!

Hong

The Strongest
She too is exclusive to Nohr unless IS is keeping quiet about one of the siblings switching sides but Gaston Harold included in the face rubbing suggests Nohr will get My Castle as well. How else could they implement the streetpass teams and DLC maps if Nohr won't have a world map? Give Nohr a hub world.
Where people screwed up, myself included, is a statement about the features between the two versions.

Both games will have My Castle, but in the spirit of the Nohr campaign, the amount of XP that you gain that was shown in the trailer is representative of the Hoshido campaign. Basically all they were saying is they are maintaining the integrity of Nohr's difficulty.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
FE If is now catering to my waifu side. I can now touch the waifus in the game as if I were touching them

Though I'm actually pretty indifferent about it. It seems really odd to put in, but seeing how it's probably nothing more than a side option of entertainment then I'm not very worried about it. If anything I'm seeing it as you're taking the role of the commander, for it's a way to inspire your troops and raise morale.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only just now noticed, but when they talk about the Amiibo in the Direct, a new remix of the FE1 Player Attack Theme (called Strike! in FE11) plays.

May have to buy this OST as well. I just hope I'm not screwed over again like FE13's OST. >_>

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem IF is so polarizing... I think I'm just gonna explore past Fire Emblem games like Genealogy of the Holy War and Tharcia 776. New Fire Emblem is no me gusta.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
FE If is now catering to my waifu side. I can now touch the waifus in the game as if I were touching them

Though I'm actually pretty indifferent about it. It seems really odd to put in, but seeing how it's probably nothing more than a side option of entertainment then I'm not very worried about it. If anything I'm seeing it as you're taking the role of the commander, for it's a way to inspire your troops and raise morale.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So, I think I should give my thoughts on how FE: if is shaping up oO

First they split up the game, now they introduce a FE-amie? Mark my words, they are trying to transform FE into Pokemon :troll:

More seriously, now. The amie thingy creeped me out a bit. With Pokemon? sure. It's easy to think of them as pets. With human characters? It looks a bit...creepy. I dunno, though. At the end, it will depend on how they implement it. I do expect a lot of fan work joking about it.:troll:
Now, the 'My Castle' general idea is nice. I like it because it reminds a lot of Suikoden. The bathouse doesn't weird me out because Suikoden had it as well, and it was very nice, in the sense it normally had events that only happened there and helped you know the characters better (and it had a ton, with 108 characters.), and not in a fanservice-y way. Again, it does depend on how they will implement it, too.
And my husbando is back:happysheep: I do wonder if they will allow for customized Robin or even :4robinf:, but I wouldn't hold my breath after Code name steam.
I do wish he and Lucina had gotten new portraits, and not only reused ones, just because Marth and Ike looks amazing, but eh.
Maybe we'll finally get some official FE artwork on Robin.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I wonder how accessible the new Parallel Seal will be.

I kind of want to make Kamui a healer in the Hoshido campaign to make it more challenging, and a Knight in the Nohr campaign to suit my slow-and-steadyy-unstoppable-force play style. Granted, we don't know if Kamui can be anything and (almost) everything like Robin or Kris could. At the very least, I wouldn't mind if one's Asset could be more influential this time.

Edit - Granted, you get Elfie on the Nohr side and I really like her so I should probably go with something to fill up any gaps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like a fusion between Tharja and Caitlin from Pokémon. In any case she looks like she's hatching one dastardly scheme.

My Castle looks hype as sh*t. I'm a big fan of customizable home bases. My Room is okay with me, but I don't think I'll utilize it too much. Unless I need one of my Pokémon to evolve through happiness. Oh wait, wrong game.

Also can we talk Nyx for one salty second?

Tharja descendant confirmed. Also, ummmm, HOTTIE! EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass
Is she Nohr or Hoshido exclusive?

So I heard of Fire Emblem Amie.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't open a delicious can of worms. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure no one would have predicted the franchise going in this direction even as recently as 2012.

:231:
I think with Awakening, they wanted to appeal as many crowds as possible and include what they couldn't include before. It was FE's last stand really.
It worked out in the end, for better or worse depending on who you're talking to.

The Fire Emblem-Amie thing took me off-guard, however.

I dunno why, but that reminds me of Noire...

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
ppfft blonde Gaston?
Give me some of that hunky-hunk Ike instead, he looks SO good in this artstyle.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I wonder how accessible the new Parallel Seal will be.

I kind of want to make Kamui a healer in the Hoshido campaign to make it more challenging, and a Knight in the Nohr campaign to suit my slow-and-steadyy-unstoppable-force play style. Granted, we don't know if Kamui can be anything and (almost) everything like Robin or Kris could. At the very least, I wouldn't mind if one's Asset could be more influential this time.

Edit - Granted, you get Elfie on the Nohr side and I really like her so I should probably go with something to fill up any gaps.
I haven't seen anything that indicates that the MU can reclass, but if we could, I'm going for the lancer class asap, assuming that it isn't exclusive to one character. :nervous:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Rinka is best.

Normally I would roll my eyes at the sign of a female character only wearing some kind of 'bra' in her design.
But not with Rinka. Despise the lack of cloth, she doesn't look fanservise-y in any way, imo.
These glorious muscles need to be shown :awesome:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Fire Emblem drawing elements from Pokémon...could we eventually see a crossover?

Probably not, but it'd still be awesome

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Fire Emblem drawing elements from Pokémon...could we eventually see a crossover?

Probably not, but it'd still be awesome
It happened with Nobunaga's Ambition so I can definitely see a decent possibility. :-)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Normally I would roll my eyes at the sign of a female character only wearing some kind of 'bra' in her design.
But not with Rinka. Despise the lack of cloth, she doesn't look fanservise-y in any way, imo.
These glorious muscles need to be shown :awesome:
Yeah... To me, someone who will get rather pissy about fanservice, it's not an issue if the character is a savage or something, especially if they are well-proportioned. Oni are very similar to the series staple Fighter. The Fighter and its cousin classes, such as the Brigand, have worn a lot less. Got to show how RIPPED they are to help emphasize how brutal their attacks are. Also emphasizes why the Fighter family has the greatest HP growths, but abysmal Def for a front-liner.

Though it's worthy of note that the Oni has high base def, which suggests their skin being much tougher than that of humanfolk if they are anything inspired by their mythological source material. Also a neat way of making them distinct from the Axe Fighter if they are supposed to be equivalent, aside from wielding maces.

Top Bottom