• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Also, to those asking if Charlotte is playable:

She is.

Also I might be wrong on Nohr having My Castle. They said being able to use it to exchange weapons between the two versions, but they also mention it's a Hoshido thing. Maybe some kind of equivalent? They constantly mention having more to announce so hopefully we'll find out.

Edit - Nothing to say it's Hoshido only. Disregard.
It seems like she is Nohr only according to the official website. Sad. Another unit I have to (probably) kill if I choose Hoshido.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/character/index.html

Weeman

Smash Crusader
My Castle is a pretty cool idea, i like it a lot.
But what the heck is up with My Room...
Actually scratch that what the heck is up with the hot springs man, i can now just picture a bunch of guys picking Fem Kamui just for that feature :denzel:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know what you guys are talking about the My Room thing turned me on, got me really excited.

SHIP

SHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIPSHIP

:awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
Inb4 descendant of Severa.

Like, I'd go as far as to say that's Severa herself but with different attire.
Severa's Japanese name = Selena/Serena

Selena = Inspired by Selene, mythological goddess of moon (used in Japanese writing a lot)

Not-Severa is listed as "Luna".

:estatic:

Certainly something going on here, whether she is unable to reveal her identity, has lost her memory, or is some kind of descendant. We know there will be Awakening references in this game, so this is certainly part of what they alluded to.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Selena = Inspired by Selene, mythological goddess of moon (used in Japanese writing a lot)

Certainly something going on here, whether she is unable to reveal her identity, has lost her memory, or is some kind of descendant. We know there will be Awakening references in this game, so this is certainly part of what they alluded to.
I'm putting my bets on Not-Severa being a descendant.

"Hey, idiots, don't do what our dumb kingdoms did thousands of years ago and stop fighting each other."

Hong

The Strongest
Charlotte is the whole recycled "pretty pleasant looking character that is actually psychotic" thing we have seen before. She's an axewielder, if I'm not mistaken.

Also even angels shudder at the thought of touching Harold's chin. It is too much for even the gods to behold.

Now Ike? It is said that those who touch his face are gone. Gone, lost forever in eternal bliss in the realm of pure ecstasy. Clean shaven to perfection. A complexion most pure; it is said the elixir of immortality ebbs from his every pore. The texture, smooth like silk dancing in the clouds... so soft that you are afraid to touch it. And under that... a chin like a mountain, with every twinge of his jaw like the subtle tectonic movements of Mother Nature over ages past.

All jokes aside, the whole face touching thing is in some cultures... but it's still weird that you can do it on-demand like this. Judging by the UI shots we have, maybe you need a very strong bond with the unit first... Otherwise even the native Japanese audience would find it strange.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Charlotte is the whole recycled "pretty pleasant looking character that is actually psychotic" thing we have seen before. She's an axewielder, if I'm not mistaken.
Ugh. Just how many characters I need to keep passing off for being anime stereotypes. It's really ruining one of the more intricate and beloved side of FE for me.

I think I still haven't found anyone I really have shown high interest or liking for from the cast, as they seem to require me to be into "something".

Now Marth? It is said that those who touch his face are gone. Gone, lost forever in eternal bliss in the realm of pure ecstasy. A complexion most pure; it is said the elixir of immortality ebbs from his every pore. The texture, smooth like silk dancing in the clouds... so soft that you are afraid to touch it.
*Ahem*

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Now now, @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , sweetie. Let's not be rash. Marth and Ike's faces are both utterly pleasant experiences to touch, but the experience is different.

Marth does not grow facial hair. When the hair follicles develop, Marth has only to think of them and they are humbled by his immense levels of humility and kindness, unable to bring themselves out to the world. Where as Ike's chin is a mountain, Marth's face is like a sculpture... one that has been carefully crafted by master immortal artisans over countless eons. Few can even feel his face; the texture is beyond the scope of what most creatures are capable of feeling.

Troykv

Smash Master
I... I dislikes the Pseudo Amie Thing.... Is creepy and Weeabo x1000... Ugh, the bath... Ugh..

The rest of the "My Castle" is okay (Building, walking, Streetpas, Amiibo, Shops).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Might as well give this Luna character Severa's VA.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Whereas :4robinm:/:4robinf:is obsessive with shipping...

... Kamui will be obsessive with rubbing his/her unit members.

Fire Emblem avatars pls.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm having a hell of a time finding info about the If amiibo functionality.

Anybody care to fill me in on the details?

D

Deleted member

The Overworlds in FE If look pretty damn amazing! :D
And you can battle your amiibos? Awesome! C-can I recruit Robin this way?
What is not amazing is... not having a Robin amiibo... and the FE characters are expensive... *sigh*

Fire Emblem-Amie confirmed
Fire Emblem-Amie...?
That's... creepy.
Not gonna lie.
I won't be using this feature

View attachment 54251

The portraits for Robin and Lucina are recycled.

I personally don't care, they're in the game. :3
As am I!
I... just wish that I could see Robin in the game, you know...
Nintendo... why make me spend $50 on something when I shouldn't be? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
The best part of the direct for me was when Marth wrekt the living crap out of Kamui. It was not the usual precise, elegant grace we are accustomed to seeing in Smash. No, Marth just went f****** HAM on him. Loved every frame of it.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Now now, @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , sweetie. Let's not be rash. Marth and Ike's faces are both utterly pleasant experiences to touch, but the experience is different.

When the hair follicles develop, Marth has only to think of them and they are humbled by his immense levels of humility and kindness, unable to bring themselves out to the world. Where as Ike's chin is a mountain, Marth's face is like a sculpture... one that has been carefully crafted by master immortal artisans over countless eons. Few can even feel his face; the texture is beyond the scope of what most creatures are capable of feeling.
Truer words have never been spoken. :4marth:

I just sorta tried to insert Marth to your post but gladly enough you actually went to do what I sorta wanted you to do for Marth as well

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Kind of surprised that this thread didn't magically spawn 10 new pages after the direct lol

All of this is so awesome. So glad Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina are in this game. Ike is looking mighty fine in that new art style :^) Now just to get some Fire Emblem amiibos-

yeah nevermind >_>

I'm liking Charlotte so far but...is she not wearing a shirt? Either she isn't and is just wearing some...bra contraption...or her shirt is ridiculously similar in color to her skin. [fanservice intensifies]

Also, here's some translations for the characters on the official website

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Like, real talk, I like Anna more than the next guy but "rubbing" her "face" would be hella creepy and unsettling.

...cultural differences, shrooby... Cultural differences.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Also, here's some translations for the characters on the official website
Mikoto Profile:
The peace loving Queen who rules the Kingdom of Hoshido. The birth mother of the protagonist. She found herself as the crown monarch following her late husband Sumeragi’s unexpected death.

Birth mother... is she a Hamon user?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mikoto Profile:
The peace loving Queen who rules the Kingdom of Hoshido. The birth mother of the protagonist. She found herself as the crown monarch following her late husband Sumeragi’s unexpected death.

That's pretty damn nice.

Though I can't tell what's with those raspberry-ish(?) colored eyes when Kamui has red ones.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Fire Emblem, why?

My hype levels deflated. What the hell. Fire Emblem was one of the few Animu games one could play without seeming like a creepy weirdo. Now we have crap like walking into bath houses, and inviting units to your room.

I play fire emblem for its strategy, not for harvesting cabbages! Not for stroking my units' faces. Phoenix mode, sure it may not have taken too much time. BUT this hub world? The bath houses? How many hours of coding, how many resources were spent on this crap that could have been spent making the game better?

This is a disapointment. I am disgusted.

The only saving grace was the invasion system that will be the new street pass I guess. Maybe Marth being in the game if you have his amiibo.

Edit: Gay marriage may be in. If you look at the aime screen you will notice Kazuhana, the male ninja, has a heart next to him. Or... IS may be revamping the "dude looks like a lady" trope by including the reverse.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Mikoto Profile:

In before she's a romantic option

.....What? Incest in Fire Emblem prominent. Play FE4 and Sacred Stones. Hell Awakening had it as well just written out due to the taboo signs

Hong

The Strongest
I now take back any distaste for face-touching.

In fact, I embrace it now.

You heard it, folks. Line up. All of you. Bring your faces to me. My hand hungers.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I've seen a lot of weird things but the new FE stuff legitimately creeps me out for some reason. I think it's because it's a nintendo game I find it so odd.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fire Emblem Amie...

While I find the concept of that a bit unsettling (then again, different cultures), I don't particularly mind it as long as it doesn't detract from the main game itself.

Plus, the other additions like My Castle sound pretty cool, and I'm thrilled that Robin can appear in the game (with dialogue, no less).

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
What would make the Robin inclusion even cooler was if you had some Awakening data lying around on your system and you could pull the appearance of your local avatars.

This would also be awesome, but I'm probably asking WAAAY too much at this point is if the amiibo units had supports with each other, and if you imported data from Awakening, Lucina's and Robin's changes depending on the relation of the two in the data you pulled from.

As for this face touching stuff... I think I'll just leave that feature be. It's... Weird... It's one thing to, like in ME or something romance a character, but this face touching stuff is... Weird... Very weird...

It gets even more weird when I come back to the R.S.T after several days and everyone is talking about face touching.

I think I'll uh give it a few more days after this...

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

this girl b up to something
Looks like a fusion between Tharja and Caitlin from Pokémon. In any case she looks like she's hatching one dastardly scheme.

My Castle looks hype as sh*t. I'm a big fan of customizable home bases. My Room is okay with me, but I don't think I'll utilize it too much. Unless I need one of my Pokémon to evolve through happiness. Oh wait, wrong game.

Also can we talk Nyx for one salty second?

Tharja descendant confirmed. Also, ummmm, HOTTIE! EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass
What would make the Robin inclusion even cooler was if you had some Awakening data lying around on your system and you could pull the appearance of your local avatars.

This would also be awesome, but I'm probably asking WAAAY too much at this point is if the amiibo units had supports with each other, and if you imported data from Awakening, Lucina's and Robin's changes depending on the relation of the two in the data you pulled from.

As for this face touching stuff... I think I'll just leave that feature be. It's... Weird... It's one thing to, like in ME or something romance a character, but this face touching stuff is... Weird... Very weird...

It gets even more weird when I come back to the R.S.T after several days and everyone is talking about face touching.

I think I'll uh give it a few more days after this...

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The best part of the direct for me was when Marth wrekt the living crap out of Kamui. It was not the usual precise, elegant grace we are accustomed to seeing in Smash. No, Marth just went f****** HAM on him. Loved every frame of it.
I guess being Low Tier finally got to him.
I now take back any distaste for face-touching.

In fact, I embrace it now.

You heard it, folks. Line up. All of you. Bring your faces to me. My hand hungers.
YOU STAY AWAY!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Also, lots of interesting stuff. A sword with a range of 2 (as opposed to 1-2), magic weapons not being able to crit, weapons that deal double damage on the enemy phase... not to mention Killer Sword not granting crit, but instead more crit damage.

Also between the ideals/struggles of the two kingdoms, playing as two royals from said opposing kingdoms, a world with monsters, infinite weapon uses, and an overworld, this is the closest the series has been to Gaiden. I embrace this.
YOU STAY AWAY!
*sigh* Constant rejection by ArcticWolf. ;~;

Top Bottom