• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I was playing the single player mode in Splatoon and I had a really funny moment happen to me.

I was hiding in my ink behind a crate when I noticed there was an octopus enemy in front of me. I threw out an ink bomb and the octopus started to run away from it in terror. However it must not have noticed the ledge because it ran completely off the edge and died. My buddy who was watching at the time and I started cracking up from the enemy falling to it's doom :laugh:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'm currently watching the JP Direct, and they introduced a new feature called "My Castle". I don't know if its specific only to the Hoshido version (as they only showed the feature from this family's perspective). But anyways, from what I've seen, it appears to be the game hub. You could control Kamui freely around the area (think of Pokemon cities), interact with various units, etc.

They showed that you are able to place a variety of buildings wherever you please. IIRC, Kamui placed a shop building, and went inside (with Kazahana severing as the shopkeeper!).

I think there was a designated area where StreetPass players's avatars can spawn and you can challenge them similarly to Awakening's StreetPass features.

That's what I've managed to get so far from the Direct!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Something I noticed in the Direct. Marth's fighting stance looks like Lucina's from Awakening.

If I'm correct, that would make Marth a "clone" of Lucina.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It was pretty sweet seeing Marth done in Yusuke Kozaki's art style and not just an old art from previous games

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
The only bad thing about this is that I don't have a new 3DS to read the Amiibos.

Hopefully you don't have to keep reading them everytime you want to use them, then I could just lend myself my friend's new 3DS, save the game and be done with it.

Also, being able to walk freely in MyCastle?

Awesome. More similiarities to Shining Force. Mwahahaha!

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
All I was thinking during the direct was "Man, look at all these features NOT in Nohr" (at least I'm assuming that since Nohr is the more traditional FE of the two). No fun allowed in Nohr. Only pain and suffering. Just like how I play Smash. No items, Fox only, Final Destination.

Also, I might have fangirled a bit when I saw Marth's new portrait. Just a little bit.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
All I was thinking during the direct was "Man, look at all these features NOT in Nohr" (at least I'm assuming that since Nohr is the more traditional FE of the two). No fun allowed in Nohr. Only pain and suffering. Just like how I play Smash. No items, Fox only, Final Destination.

Also, I might have fangirled a bit when I saw Marth's new portrait. Just a little bit.
....Isn't Hoshido the more traditional FE of the two tho?

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
My Room character interactions are creepy beyond words.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they are not integral to the game (although I wouldn't be surprised if they are) because it honestly makes me uncomfortable. I also personally don't care much for the My Castle addition but I can see how it will appeal to some people.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I know that feature is not everyones cup of tea. However, we have to remember that Hoshido is supposed to be a lot like Awakening which contained a lot of interaction of characters like that(kinda) through support and marriage during the story(unlike other games with few marriages only at the end).

I am playing Radiant Dawn right now and I imagine the Nohr side to be really similar to RD. More focus on gameplay, complex stories and fewer EXP.

Personally I have nothing against it, though I can understand that some people might cringe.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I know that feature is not everyones cup of tea. However, we have to remember that Hoshido is supposed to be a lot like Awakening which contained a lot of interaction of characters like that(kinda) through support and marriage during the story(unlike other games with few marriages only at the end).

I am playing Radiant Dawn right now and I imagine the Nohr side to be really similar to RD. More focus on gameplay, complex stories and fewer EXP.

Personally I have nothing against it, though I can understand that some people might cringe.
Well, to me it's like this:
I keep hearing all the awesome stuff that they put into Hoshido and have to start wondering if Nohr was either an afterthought put in later in development or has something amazing they didn't show off yet, 'cause frankly, so far Hoshido has all the appeal for me aside from the western style and difficulty. And the difficulty still remains to be seen.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
image.jpg

The portraits for Robin and Lucina are recycled.

I personally don't care, they're in the game. :3

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
After the overworld elements of Gaiden, I had my fill. I didn't think it was bad, but it was enough. Now, since another game is approaching this system with today's technology and past experiences, I can't rightly dismiss it yet. One has to give the developer the opportunity to take what they tried before and make something better with it. I don't think I'll find value in My Room or dating-sim-esque stuff like the ossen. That said, I'll give the other elements a chance. The StreetPass functionality might be fun.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they are not integral to the game (although I wouldn't be surprised if they are) because it honestly makes me uncomfortable. I also personally don't care much for the My Castle addition but I can see how it will appeal to some people.
"General! I received your summonings and made for your lodging immediately! What is the emergency?"

"... Why you looking at me like that?"

"... Why are you touching my face."

"... This isn't bad or weird at all. In fact, I think I like it!"

It's like Robin social leaked into Fire Emblem. :estatic:
Both Hoshido and Nohr have My Castle. StreetPassing people with other versions is an effective way of getting the weaponry and characters exclusive to their version.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
After the overworld elements of Gaiden, I had my fill. I didn't think it wad bad, but it was enough. Now, since another game is approaching this system with today's technology, I can't rightly dismiss it yet. One has to give the developer the opportunity to take what they tried before and make something better with it. I don't think I'll find value in My Room or dating-sim-esque stuff like the ossen. That said, I'll give the other elements a chance. The StreetPass functionality might be fun."General! I received your summonings and made for your lodging immediately! What is the emergency?"

It's like Robin social leaked into Fire Emblem. :estatic:Both Hoshido and Nohr have My Castle. StreetPassing people with other versions is an effective way of getting the weaponry and characters exclusive to their version.

Oh God, we're all to blame for this.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
View attachment 54251

The portraits for Robin and Lucina are recycled.

I personally don't care, they're in the game. :3
God Ike looke awesome in this. (Time to buy le Ike amiibo)

After the overworld elements of Gaiden, I had my fill. I didn't think it was bad, but it was enough. Now, since another game is approaching this system with today's technology, I can't rightly dismiss it yet. One has to give the developer the opportunity to take what they tried before and make something better with it. I don't think I'll find value in My Room or dating-sim-esque stuff like the ossen. That said, I'll give the other elements a chance. The StreetPass functionality might be fun."General! I received your summonings and made for your lodging immediately! What is the emergency?"

It's like Robin social leaked into Fire Emblem. :estatic:Both Hoshido and Nohr have My Castle. StreetPassing people with other versions is an effective way of getting the weaponry and characters exclusive to their version.
Oh I didn't know about that because I have only seen the Hoshido part. Admittedly I haven't seen any translations of the JP direct.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Seeing the hot spa part in the My Castle segment suddenly reminded me of how we all walked in on each other naked during the FE Hunger Games. Last time, @ Hong Hong and I ate some dumplings together while taking a bath in Merlinus' tent. Anyone else wants in for the next time? I need to know so I can bring enough dumplings.

Hong

The Strongest
Also, to those asking if Charlotte is playable:

She is.

Also I might be wrong on Nohr having My Castle. They said being able to use it to exchange weapons between the two versions, but they also mention it's a Hoshido thing. Maybe some kind of equivalent? They constantly mention having more to announce so hopefully we'll find out.

Edit - Nothing to say it's Hoshido only. Disregard.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Fire Emblem-Amie confirmed
OK, I liked pretty much everything I saw and understood about that video... except for the Pokémon-ami stuff.

I mean, with Pokémon it's kinda cute I guess, but with people it's a recipe for instant weird.

I love that you can customize the castle, customize Kamui's looks with extra gear, talk to your partymembers inside the castle...
It gives off all the good vibes from good RPG homebases like the Normandy in ME.
I just hope touching your army in weird ways isn't as broken as doing the same with your Pokémon in X/Y.

Also, to those asking if Charlotte is playable:

She is.

Also I might be wrong on Nohr having My Castle. They said being able to use it to exchange weapons between the two versions, but they also mention it's a Hoshido thing. Maybe some kind of equivalent? They constantly mention having more to announce so hopefully we'll find out.
As I said above, I sure hope Nohr has something similiar. It'd be really weird if the Nohr campaign was 10 hours shorter because you didn't get the opportunity to run around and talk to your crew.

Hong

The Strongest
As I said above, I sure hope Nohr has something similiar. It'd be really weird if the Nohr campaign was 10 hours shorter because you didn't get the opportunity to run around and talk to your crew.
Disregard my message. It doesn't actually imply Hoshido only (maybe referring to some castle features), which makes sense since we saw multiple Nohr characters in there.
She's not Severa, but she sure looks like her.
Her name is Luna: Kind of funny that she literally looks like Severa maybe a year or two after Awakening.

Edit - Given Severa's Japanese name, it's probably the same character.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Seeing the hot spa part in the My Castle segment suddenly reminded me of how we all walked in on each other naked during the FE Hunger Games. Last time, @ Hong Hong and I ate some dumplings together while taking a bath in Merlinus' tent. Anyone else wants in for the next time? I need to know so I can bring enough dumplings.
You said the magic word: dumplings.

Mind I don't wanna scare y'all so I'll bring my trunks.

Top Bottom