• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I tried to un-learn tap jumping, but gave up, now I use both the X button AND the main-stick at random.

:231:

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Tap jump is just so awkward for me. Not only can I not perform up-tilts efficiently, but I can never sweet spot the ledge with Marth's dolphin slash because I jump shortly after doing so, and then I get punished brutally. :emptysheep:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I hate tap jump because I'll try to do a jump cancelled Farore's Wind OOS like "aw yeah here comes the kill at 40%" but instead I end up jumping, teleporting all the way up to the blastzone, and getting a fully charged fsmash to my face :'D

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I..... hope I didn't scare him away or something.

We played one game (I won w/ 2-stocks left), then he disconnected. I'm not sure what happened.
His internet seems to be somewhat unstable, if our matches were any indication.

Either that or you dealt a major blow to his confidence.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Do we know this Robin? Is she among the fold already?

.... I really hope I get to have Prog and D1 commentate one of my matches, I could really blow their minds.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

We played one game (I won w/ 2-stocks left), then he disconnected. I'm not sure what happened.
Raziek OP, pleaz nerf.

So I went to my local Target today to pick up some essentials, and I kinda sorta did a thing.

So yeah, finally bought my first Amiibo's. Honestly though I'm not planning on going too hardcore for anyone, just gonna be picking up anyone on my wishlist that I see in stores. Felt bad for all the poor Pac-Man's (Pac-Men?) hanging out all over the place. Also it was kind of hilarious that the cashier was legitimately surprised that there were still Amiibo's left.

D

Deleted member

I have tap jump on all the time but I never use it.

It never messes me up.
Too much Melee experience.
I hated tap jump in Melee and 64 and I always turn it off.
I love it when I am juggling or preforming some sick combo, but I need to use an up air.
I do it off stage and oh no! I can't recover because I lost my second jump!
Well... RIP me!

Tap jump has to be my least favorite thing about Smash's controls. It does more harm than good and I find it to be redundant, especially when you have a button to jump.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I honestly prefer Tap Jump. Using the X/Y buttons to jump just seems unnatural and awkward to me. I prefer being able to control all my movement with the control stick. It gives me greater control over my mobility, at least in my case.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

.... I really hope I get to have Prog and D1 commentate one of my matches, I could really blow their minds.
First time I see that kind of use from Elwind.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

This was one of my favorite pool matches at Combo Breaker.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I recently unlearned Tap Jump and now exclusively jump with the buttons.
Definitely makes spacing aerials better, but I still struggle to efficiently pull off tilts.
Is it better to have tilts or Smash attacks on the C-stick?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I try to stay away from using tap jump as much as possible. It tends to interrupt my inputs and it has an awful tendency to waste my second jumps when I need them most.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

You said you were saving up for EVO right? Because that could very well be a reality.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

I'm so sorry. My internet took a **** and I was left with no online for an hour.

Your good so far. If you want we can continue.

If you don't buy the internet story, ask False sense, He knows my internet sucks.

So can we still go plz?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You said you were saving up for EVO right? Because that could very well be a reality.
I'm confirmed for EVO at this point, yes.

My ticket is bought, and my parents are gifting me my flight as a graduation present.

I'm so sorry. My internet took a **** and I was left with no online for an hour.

Your good so far. If you want we can continue.

If you don't buy the internet story, ask False sense, He knows my internet sucks.

So can we still go plz?
Yeah, for sure! I'll log back on.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I was somewhat thinking about attending EVO, but personally I don't like 2 stocks.

That and I don't think the expenses would be worth it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
re: jumping

I jump with the control stick. Button jumping feels so awkward.

re: EVO

Congrats, @ Raziek Raziek . Tell us if you find shrooby, he's going as well. :cheep:

I wish I could go, really, but I'm extremely limited. At the very least, there's a small scene here, so I can't complain too much(especially after that first tournament I entered a while back).

Raz Edit: Merged double-post.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I was somewhat thinking about attending EVO, but personally I don't like 2 stocks.

That and I don't think the expenses would be worth it.
I'm just going for the experience. I'm not expecting to even make it out of pools lol

Wish more people I knew were going, but, eh, what are ya gonna do?

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to EVO because:
1. I'm scared.
2. I don't have the money to go. Getting a hotel, plane tickets, and attending EVO combined will give me a hard time.

EDIT: I've been playing UMvC3 today. Still no idea how to efficiently and consistently pull off combos, I dunno how to advance guard, and getting bad evidence with Phoenix Wright is annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I beat Raziek in set 2. 3-2
but he did floor in the first set. 0-1

So I guess I am the first person to beat Raziek on the Robin boards. (If I sound like I am showing off, Its because I am very surprised at how well I think I did and how well he did . I don't intend to sound like a prick) GGs Raziek, when I get my Wii U, there will be more of a challenge.

He is better than me though.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not going to EVO because:
1. I'm scared.
2. I don't have the money to go. Getting a hotel, plane tickets, and attending EVO combined will give me a hard time.

EDIT: I've been playing UMvC3 today. Still no idea how to efficiently and consistently pull off combos, I dunno how to advance guard, and getting bad evidence with Phoenix Wright is annoying.
Advance guard by pushing any two attack buttons on block.

Look up combo videos. Some give detailed step by step processes. Did you ever watch the guide(s) I linked you to?

Bad evidence is annoying, yes, but learning to discard it quickly(same two buttons you picked it up with) is essential.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You..... don't get to change the definition on the matches like that.

I won the set 3-2 because you agreed to carry the score over.

Then I gave you a bonus game for ****s n' giggles.

Like, you're not a bad player, but don't claim you won the set when you admitted you lost in our private conversation.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
You..... don't get to change the definition on the matches like that.

I won the set 3-2 because you agreed to carry the score over.

Then I gave you a bonus game for ****s n' giggles.

Like, you're not a bad player, but don't claim you won the set when you admitted you lost in our private conversation.
Fine you win. when I get my wii U we will battle there, K?

I have not been to a tournament, so I don't know how they work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom