• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
My first controller was a GC controller (I sucked at melee though). I have no problems playing with the 3ds controls. My circle pad is just fine.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If you think that half-ass laptop nub counts as a C-stick you've Stockholm Syndrome'd yourself into believing that.

It's not even comparable.

In unrelated news:

Today was a good day.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I honestly cannot stand using a controller that has an irregular layout. Wii Remote, GamePad, N64 controller, etc.
Whereas I love the Gamecube controller and the PS3 controller. Xbox/360 controller is good too, although it's a bit too thick for my tastes.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
No joke, I had that exact quote in mind when I posted that. :laugh:
I kind of figured you did.
If you think that half-*** laptop nub counts as a C-stick you've Stockholm Syndrome'd yourself into believing that.

It's not even comparable.

In unrelated news:

Today was a good day.
Dat Haul! Congrats!

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
The Lucina or Robin amiibos? I knew that Lucina was gone in seconds.
Both. I camped amazon out for both amiibos and even me hitting the refresh button every second wasn't fast enough from having them go out of stock :(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Although I have to say getting all of those amiibos is nothing short of amazing, @ Raziek Raziek .
I was very fortunate. I was second in line at my local EB Games. Managed to get one of everything pre-ordered.

Didn't go out of my way for Jiggs/Greninja, but I couldn't have regardless, as I was working this morning.

Probably going to trade fodder some of them in an attempt to get Marth/Ike. All I really care about is the FE Amiibos.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I visited my local Toys R Us when Target failed me. They didn't have any of the Fire Emblem crew, but they had an abundance of the rest so I was able to get Greninja and Wario.

Pac-Man shouldn't be an issue seeing as no one is interested in him so I'll probably get him alongside Charizard at a later date.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
I know this was posted in this thread a while ago but this pretty much sums up how I feel right now -_-

D

Deleted member

I hate everyone who was able to get Robin today.
Fixed that for you...
I hate amiibos with a bloody passion.

I was very fortunate. I was second in line at my local EB Games. Managed to get one of everything pre-ordered.

Didn't go out of my way for Jiggs/Greninja, but I couldn't have regardless, as I was working this morning.

Probably going to trade fodder some of them in an attempt to get Marth/Ike. All I really care about is the FE Amiibos.
I know that you want the FE crew, but I'll trade you my extra Luigi for Wario or Ness.
It's... nothing special, but I have no idea what to do with him.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So I've been shopping today.

I feel pretty good overall.

Pac Man didn't seem to get much love over there as well.
Pac didn't get love anywhere.

Target, TRU, even Gamestop couldn't get rid of his big yellow butt for quite a while. I was actually a little surprised. Less so in hindsight.

I will never understand how people break their circle pads.

Like, I just don't get how you could be pushing that thing so hard to get a Smash Attack out.
People taking Smash DI the entirely wrong way is how.

Anyone got time for a few matches? Although I don't know how any of you guys have actually added me...
I was going to, because I said I would several pages ago, until I forgot that I had already added you even more pages ago. My Wii U reminded me.

Anyway, it's six hours later than your timeframe. But hey, maybe I'll see you online this weekend.

If you think that half-*** laptop nub counts as a C-stick you've Stockholm Syndrome'd yourself into believing that.
I have to admit, the Nintendo Nipple has simultaneously exceeded all my expectations and disappointed me greatly.

I'm jealous of that Robin and Lucina by the way. Good haul.

I know this was posted in this thread a while ago but this pretty much sums up how I feel right now -_-
The Add to Cart button and me are taking some time off to see other people after the **** that just went down.

I hate everyone who was able to get Lucina today.
I hate everyone who was able to get Robin.

Wanna go stew in the salt booth together? I got tea.

Hell, everybody who's pissed at Amazon, free pass to the salt booth and tea. @ Kenith Kenith , @ Tacticulbacon Tacticulbacon , @ LousyTactician LousyTactician , I'm looking at y'all.

Together we sulk.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like I say Shadow of the Colossus has a soundtrack as good as Xenoblade Chronicles, and then Gaur Plain is in the random playlist of Shadow of the Colossus music YouTube generated for me. :laugh:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I grabbed Lucina (I feel for those who didn't, though) but I couldn't get Robin. Every time I'd get him to the cart, he'd sell out. This is beyond ludicrous at this point. This has become a sick joke.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I like I say Shadow of the Colossus has a soundtrack as good as Xenoblade Chronicles, and then Gaur Plain is in the random playlist of Shadow of the Colossus music YouTube generated for me. :laugh:
Shadow of the Colossus had some nice songs. I really liked that one song, I think it was called violent encounter.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Shadow of the Colossus had some nice songs. I really liked that one song, I think it was called violent encounter.
Violent Encounter is one of the songs...although are you thinking of one of the battle themes, The Opened Way and Revived Power? Those are the most popular ones and coincidentally my favorites too.
EDIT: Violent Encounter is really good too though.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I absolutely adored Shadow of the Colossus and ICO. R.I.P The Last Guardian.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I grabbed Lucina (I feel for those who didn't, though) but I couldn't get Robin. Every time I'd get him to the cart, he'd sell out. This is beyond ludicrous at this point. This has become a sick joke.
Also my experience.

I added Robin to my cart over and over again for five minutes straight. Got bounced each time.

The only reason I got Lucina is because based @ Raziek Raziek hooked me up a few pages back with the play-asia link. She sold out so fast on Amazon I didn't even see her come in stock.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Also my experience.

I added Robin to my cart over and over again for five minutes straight. Got bounced each time.

The only reason I got Lucina is because based @ Raziek Raziek hooked me up a few pages back with the play-asia link. She sold out so fast on Amazon I didn't even see her come in stock.
I somehow got Lucina through Amazon. The RNG Goddess was in my favor. I'm clueless as to how I did it too.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I'm not even keeping up with when amiibo's are being shipped out anymore. I've just given up on them at this point.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
i was lucky enough to have been able to place my wave 4 pre-orders extremely early on, but despite that, i still got the news that my robin would likely go unfulfilled because my location was only expecting 3 robins, and i had been the 5th pre-order, while my ness was safe. after i missed my wiiu main, shulk, pre-orders, it stung to have my 3ds main amiibo plan thwarted too. i went to get a refund and was advised to hold my pre-order, because if they received extra stock at any time, i'd be allowed to redeem. even though internal memos had leaked on reddit saying that wave 4 would not be being restocked i held my order anyways, and thank goodness i listened. when i came to pick up my ness, they had received 1 extra robin, and the 4th in line had canceled his/her pre-order. i'm so relieved to have gotten one of my main's amiibos. it's a shame how limited the robin stock has been though, i hope nintendo gets their amiibo act together, and i wish you all the best of luck in your hunting!

Top Bottom