• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

I will never understand how people break their circle pads.

Like, I just don't get how you could be pushing that thing so hard to get a Smash Attack out.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Unless you literally smash your Circle Pad when attacking, there's no reason for it to break unless it were years old.

Like, I've probably done thousands of smash attacks and yet when I need precision with the Circle Pad(i.e playing a game like Metroid Prime Hunters) it still controls flawlessly.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I will never understand how people break their circle pads.

Like, I just don't get how you could be pushing that thing so hard to get a Smash Attack out.
:roll:
I already broke mine. Twice.
The controls on 3DS always feel so...'hard' for me. I dunno how to explain, sometimes it would execute a Smash attack without me needing to put more strentgh, sometime it just woundn't, so I needed to almost punch the thing out of the 3DS to get a smash or even moviment out of it.
Well, it's true that the circle pad was already giving out on me before SSB.

I did fix that with some glue and adhesive shenanigans, but I have to be extra careful when using it now.

Funnily enough, after I glued it back the first time, the problems stopped, but now it breaks more easily.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
r
You beat False? You have my attention now.

I'd be willing to play you tonight after work, maybe around.... 9 EDT or so?
I look forward to our matches.

Best of 5

no items

9 minute timer.

I'll be waiting!

I do have a Wii U, But I am not home. Wii U is in Washington, where I live while smokebomb12 is in Texas for my dads work. Plus the 3DS and Wii U version are the same. I use both of them and they feel the same and I incorporate what I learned on one version to the other. So I do hope I still get the best Robin on these boards type of deal. I have only fought one moderator and that was @Metalbro who was really good.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
People can argue the versions are the same till they're blue in the face, but without a C-stick, it's not.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People can argue the versions are the same till they're blue in the face, but without a C-stick, it's not.

New 3DS.
You can say it's a nun or it's expensive but goddamn, it has a C-Stick. That alone atleast put them at equal.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
New 3DS.
You can say it's a nun or it's expensive but goddamn, it has a C-Stick. That alone atleast put them at equal.
Actually, unless I've overlooked something, the control options for Smash 3DS lack any customization for the c-stick for the New 3DS. Consequently, you're stuck with strictly using the c-stick for Smash attacks, which also has the side effect of affecting your momentum when using c-stick aerial attacks.

If that can't be adjusted, then the two versions have a fundamental difference.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Wondered what some Nintendo characters would look like if they're in FE?

spoiler'd art because they're BIG.

They look pretty awesome imo. I think it would be pretty cool if Nintendo could do this, but idk how they would be introduced into the game's world.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There's also an issue with the size and flexibility of the circle pad compared to the analog stick, which is my personal qualm with the 3DS controls. The way I manipulate the latter doesn't translate well to the former, particularly for Fair and Arcfire spacing.

So False is like the gate keeper to Raziek? lol
I always thought it was False Sense and myself. We're the Cervantes and Yen'Fay to Raziek's Walhart. Your decision on who is who. =P

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
There's also an issue with the size and flexibility of the circle pad compared to the analog stick, which is my personal qualm with the 3DS controls. The way I manipulate the latter doesn't translate well to the former, particularly for Fair and Arcfire spacing.

I always thought it was False Sense and myself. We're the Cervantes and Yen'Fay to Raziek's Walhart. Your decision on who is who. =P
Breaking down gates is what I do best.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I agree. I find that my mobility suffers when using the 3DS controls, which is rather annoying since I usually like to use a lot of short-hop maneuvers.

So who's Excellus? :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They look pretty awesome imo. I think it would be pretty cool if Nintendo could do this, but idk how they would be introduced into the game's world.
They should do it because this needs to happen after the Robin reveal.
That and I love crossovers.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Peach confirmed for Maribelle's ancestor (or long lost sister perhaps).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So that tournament is tomorrow :nervous: Hopefully it goes well. Going to be playing :4marth: :4zss: since they're the ones I'm most confident in (plus I haven't touched anyone else in over a week), but it's customs-off so I'm less sure about :4marth: (but at least I don't have to worry about nonsense like Dong Cyclone and infinite Lightweight). I've done all the practice I can by now - gonna be an early night since I have to get the early train in the morning - so fingers crossed!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
It's been a long week for me and I can blow off some steam. Anyone up for some games?

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
So that tournament is tomorrow :nervous: Hopefully it goes well. Going to be playing :4marth: :4zss: since they're the ones I'm most confident in (plus I haven't touched anyone else in over a week), but it's customs-off so I'm less sure about :4marth: (but at least I don't have to worry about nonsense like Dong Cyclone and infinite Lightweight). I've done all the practice I can by now - gonna be an early night since I have to get the early train in the morning - so fingers crossed!
Good luck Moydow! have fun out there.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
False. I was born used to the Gamecube controller. Gamecube is love, Gamecube is life.
Well I was born used to the 3DS. :p

If people would just understand that the circle pad is not an analog stick, and not treat as such, then nobody would have a problem with it. It is in no way intended to mimic the analog stick. It is a pad by nature, and should be treated as such. That means no pushing on it. No tilting it. It's a pad. It's flat. It can't be pushed or tilted. And that's why all of yours are broken. :rotfl:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Well, the cover of my circle pad broke off, and the 3DS was only my second console (I got a Wii first). My start button also broke somewhat, but that's another story...

Well I was born used to the 3DS. :p

If people would just understand that the circle pad is not an analog stick, and not treat as such, then nobody would have a problem with it. It is in no way intended to mimic the analog stick. It is a pad by nature, and should be treated as such. That means no pushing on it. No tilting it. It's a pad. It's flat. It can't be pushed or tilted. And that's why all of yours are broken. :rotfl:
Wait, I thought you had to push it to move it upwards.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
False. I was born used to the Gamecube controller. Gamecube is love, Gamecube is life.
"You mearly adopted the Gamecube controller. I was born with it, molded by it. I didn't see a circle pad until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but awkward! The C-Stick betrays you, because it belongs to me."

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"You mearly adopted the Gamecube controller. I was born with it, molded by it. I didn't see a circle pad until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but awkward! The C-Stick betrays you, because it belongs to me."
No joke, I had that exact quote in mind when I posted that. :laugh:

Top Bottom