• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ False Sense False Sense . I win the Set 4-2. Great robin. I'm impressed. Your thoron is to quick and is rushed. Take your time to aim your thoron carefully and look for an opening. I hope we battle again some time.

I'm coming for you @ Raziek Raziek !
You beat False? You have my attention now.

I'd be willing to play you tonight after work, maybe around.... 9 EDT or so?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just saw the "drama" on the Zelda Social......

I'll never take you loveable goofs for granted
The :4littlemac: social is still better but I love you guys just as well

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Hm, I had a thought of how we could solve the Zelda vs. Rosalina problem.

We Ship them

:4zelda:x:rosalina:

:4pacman:
SOLVE !?

Just saw the "drama" on the Zelda Social......

I'll never take you loveable goofs for granted
The :4littlemac: social is still better but I love you guys just as well
It's definitely a lot more calmer.

I agree...

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Are awesome, obviously. :seuss:

:231:
Well, for some, I'm sure they're fine. For me, though, I'm not at all used to using them, and they're fickle compared to the GameCube controller. Having to fight both my opponent and the controls at the same time has a notable effect on my gameplay, I've found.

D

Deleted member

I happen to use the 3DS controls on Wii U and (obviously) 3DS because I wasn't able to get a GC Adapter.

So I just mapped them to the Gamepad and they work just fine for me.~

:p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, for some, I'm sure they're fine. For me, though, I'm not at all used to using them, and they're fickle compared to the GameCube controller. Having to fight both my opponent and the controls at the same time has a notable effect on my gameplay, I've found.
Oh, I understand. The lack of a C-stick and sweaty palms are problematic for some.

Well, I've never played with a GC controller. Brawl was mostly using a Classic Controller.

:231:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Beating False on the 3DS version is nothing special.

I nearly three stocked him with Samus, on Battlefield, against his Robin, once. Given his familiarity to the Wii U, he was at a massive disadvantage and I even asked if he didn't feel gimped beforehand.

We'll be much more evenly matched once we face off on the Wii U and I have to adjust to the Fight Pad.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The 3DS is just mediocre in comparison to what you can do on Wii U. It also doesn't help matters that the circle pad can break if you treat it like a control stick. At least it's not the Wiimote.

The Wii U version is just better all around. The main reason I got the 3DS version was because I didn't want to wait for the Wii U version to come out. That and after the Mewtwo announcement I wanted to get both versions.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm so MLG that i played Brawl with the Wii Remote and Nun chuck. :yeahboi: :yeahboi: :yeahboi: :yeahboi: :yeahboi:
I played with the Wii Remote and Nun chuck too. Used the 3DS controls and still do cause it's the only console I personally own that has Smash 4.

Didn't go back to GameCube controller till Smash Wii U.

D

Deleted member

I got the 3DS version because, well, it's Smash.
After a while, I grew sick of it due to its limiting controls. Not only am I fighting characters, I am fighting my 3DS to not break.
Once the Wii U version came out, I very, very rarely pick up the 3DS version. I hate going back to it...
Well, at least I got Mewtwo. I just won't be buying the DLC for the 3DS version as I find it pointless to buy content for a system that I will rarely play Smash on.

I'm basically incapable of using Dedede on 3DS because controller johns.
3DS controls make me Papa Johns. :054:
I can't use any character to their full potential on the 3DS version.
Robin in particular scares me because I have to worry about breaking the circle pad a lot more... damn Levin Sword aerials.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The 3DS is just mediocre in comparison to what you can do on Wii U. It also doesn't help matters that the circle pad can break if you treat it like a control stick. At least it's not the Wiimote.

The Wii U version is just better all around. The main reason I got the 3DS version was because I didn't want to wait for the Wii U version to come out. That and after the Mewtwo announcement I wanted to get both versions.
My opinion exactly.
Real men use vanilla Wii Mote. :067:
+1 for Machoke.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I still play the 3DS version mainly because of Smash Run
Smash Run > Smash Tour always.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
You fools can't even remotely comprehend with your simple minds the power of the 3DS controls. Anybody who honestly thinks it's possible for the circle pad to break during casual play is a dumb-dumb. :psycho: Either that, or you've got some serious issues with literal button mashing. The reactions are perfectly seamless in the 3DS version. I've been playing FG since I got the game, and I never have a problem with the controls. You guys merely lack the ability to adapt. It has nothing to do with the 3DS itself.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
The amiibogeddon was upon us, but now I am back from my trip to Target, holy wow did they have a bunch of amiibos! I was successfully able to secure both Robin and Lucina, so I'm a very elated tactician atm. :colorful::colorful::colorful:

Edit: From the current topic, the 3DS just feels overall laaaame once you make the transition to Wii U.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The amiibogeddon was upon us, but now I am back from my trip to Target, holy wow did they have a bunch of amiibos! I was successfully able to secure both Robin and Lucina, so I'm a very elated tactician atm. :colorful::colorful::colorful:

Edit: From the current topic, the 3DS just feels overall laaaame once you make the transition to Wii U.
I visited my local Target today as well. They opened at 9:00. I showed up about 9:15 and this is all they have left.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I visited my local Target today as well. They opened at 9:00. I showed up about 9:15 and this is all they have left.
Pac Man didn't seem to get much love over there as well.

Top Bottom