• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know it's Sunday but the thread seems unusually slow right now.

Slower than Robin, even.

STOP SPECTATING YOU 7 USERS OVER THERE.

:cheep:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There's a tournament coming up here next Saturday that I'm hoping to be able to go to. Thanks to my internet barely working when I want it to, though, I've been practicing stuff against CPUs - mostly d-smash follow-ups with :4zss::

Now, if I can pull this sort of thing off next week...

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

Slower than Robin, even.

I was going to say something amiibo related, but then I decided I talk too much about it here already.

Just to say that Target will let people buy 2 of each amiibo, and there will be 4 Robins and Lucinas, generally, in each Target.

*wants to watch the world burn*

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was going to say something amiibo related, but then I decided I talk too much about it here already.

Just to say that Target will let people buy 2 of each amiibo, and there will be 4 Robins and Lucinas, generally, in each Target.

In my case, I live abroad and don't have to deal with that. :p

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Since this is picture related, I just found this amazing art on pixiv
View attachment 53262
Hey, isn't that a painting of @Hong and me in the great Callissean winter war? Tought me a lot about traveling and fighting in snow that year. Could've done without the dire penguins, though...

Story aside, I do like myself some good looking armor. There is a fine line between looking practical and stylish and being a bit too overdesigned. Those Dark Souls pics posted are still pretty neat, but to me a lot of them border on being too busy with all the ridges and ornaments. It's a very fine line though, a single little annoyance can ruin it for me.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
There's a tournament coming up here next Saturday that I'm hoping to be able to go to. Thanks to my internet barely working when I want it to, though, I've been practicing stuff against CPUs - mostly d-smash follow-ups with :4zss::

Now, if I can pull this sort of thing off next week...
Best of luck!

Slower than Robin, even.

Well unless someone starts a new topic of discussion all we have to talk about is how no one is talking about anything. Anyone have anything to talk about? Anything at all?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well unless someone starts a new topic of discussion all we have to talk about is how no one is talking about anything. Anyone have anything to talk about? Anything at all?
That demand was more of a joke than anything.

If you really have nothing to talk about, then by all means stay silent.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

My island in Tomodachi Life is crazy for erasers. Take the Shaq eraser for example.

Elezir

My island in Tomodachi Life is crazy for erasers. Take the Shaq eraser for example.

:sadsheep: I want a lil' Shaq eraser. Though I'd wager this one looks a bit too blue for me:roll:

:yeahboi:

Either way, I say everyone should check this little game out. I found it while I was lost in tumblr and it's a bit silly and easy, but pretty funny and lighthearted. Particulary, people who have cats will understand.:cheep:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Either way, I say everyone should check this little game out. I found it while I was lost in tumblr and it's a bit silly and easy, but pretty funny and lighthearted. Particulary, people who have cats will understand.:cheep:
This man apparently resists waking up when a cat is jumping on his face. :happysheep:

Elezir

This man apparently resists waking up when a cat is jumping on his face. :happysheep:
He indeed must be a damn heavy sleeper if the cat needs to destroy the entire bedroom to wake him up:roll:
Not that I don't find the image of a cat doing that funny.:troll:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

I have to pick up Tomodachi again. I need to know if Woody divorced Ariel, banged Wonder Woman and Elastagirl, and whether or not half the islanders are being held hostage.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Best of luck!

I'm considering trying to make a FE7 Rom hack over the summer. I started to write out the story script and look into exactly how to successfully mod the game without killing my brain the process.
It so far seems ridiculously complicated. But I'll have a lot of free time next year so hopefully I'll manage to actually churn out something playable.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I SAW THAT EDIT.

I even took a print of it.:troll:

No one can hide their edits from me!:troll:
Yeah, I wrote it, changed my mind and thought this was funnier.

Curious Tao suits the tone of the post better.

Why are you spying on my correspondence, though? Do you have a crush on me, mya~?

EDIT: DAMN IT I SHOULD HAVE SAID "ME-OW"

AND I CAN'T EDIT IT BECAUSE YOU'LL CATCH IT AGAIN

Last edited:

Elezir

Yeah, I wrote it, changed my mind and thought this was funnier.

Curious Tao suits the tone of the post better.

Why are you spying on my correspondence, though? Do you have a crush on me, mya~?

EDIT: DAMN IT I SHOULD HAVE SAID "ME-OW"

AND I CAN'T EDIT IT BECAUSE YOU'LL CATCH IT AGAIN

Who knows:troll:

My heart still belong to @ S Syrek , though <3

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I need to play blazblue sometime, out of all the major fighting games out right now it is one of the series that appeals to me the most(other than smash).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Make sure your cats aren't dumb enough to run into landmines, though.

I hear cats get brain damaged like foxes when that happens.

What'd you say about foxes, tough guy?!

I need to play blazblue sometime, out of all the major fighting games out right now it is one of the series that appeals to me the most(other than smash).
It's great.

You should play it. :3

Elezir

Btw, I found something strange today.

Teh crossovers are getting weirder and weirder.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey, can anyone with the Wii U version of Smash add me? I got my GCN adapter which means I don't play like **** anymore so I'm not embarrassed to play some of you guys some time.
EDIT: MY NNID is in my postbit in case anyone skims over it. :p

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Who knows:troll:

My heart still belong to @ S Syrek , though <3
Lady Elezir confirmed to be Tharja. :troll: I guess that makes me Robin then. Not that I mind. :smirk:

Although I'm quite certain Lady Elezir's beauty eclipses that of Tharja's, no doubt about it. :love:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I have returned everyone c:
(Though I'm not about to go back and read what looks like 10-15+ pages of content)

I got 25th place, which is pretty solid for me considering the size of the tournament, but I still feel I could have placed maybe one more spot up. I did well in my pools and played alright in bracket. I realized that during some of my later tournament matches that my mind just wasn't in the right place. Between my pride of going strictly Robin and not being in the greatest mindset, I felt like I could have done better but I'm still proud of myself. I managed to run into another Robin player there that wasn't Zareidriel or I (and now I feel like I play the least popular color choice.)

It was fun despite the pools being handled in a rather obscure way and the rule set had 2 stocks instead of 3. Got my Robin recognized and I've defiantly made a name for myself which made me really happy. Fun times and a good amount of bond forging.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Non-sequitur but hilarious and adorable image.

Btw, I found something strange today.

Teh crossovers are getting weirder and weirder.
Honestly I've seen crazier crossovers. I mean don't get me wrong this is still pretty out there but I've been deeper.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hey, can anyone with the Wii U version of Smash add me? I got my GCN adapter which means I don't play like **** anymore so I'm not embarrassed to play some of you guys some time.
I got your back.:4robinf:

(Though I'm not about to go back and read what looks like 10-15+ pages of content)

I got 25th place, which is pretty solid for me considering the size of the tournament, but I still feel I could have placed maybe one more spot up. I did well in my pools and played alright in bracket. I realized that during some of my later tournament matches that my mind just wasn't in the right place. Between my pride of going strictly Robin and not being in the greatest mindset, I felt like I could have done better but I'm still proud of myself. I managed to run into another Robin player there that wasn't Zareidriel or I (and now I feel like I play the least popular color choice.)

It was fun despite the pools being handled in a rather obscure way and the rule set had 2 stocks instead of 3. Got my Robin recognized and I've defiantly made a name for myself which made me really happy. Fun times and a good amount of bond forging.
MLG's stream wasn't really consistent on my end and I had errands so I never got to see you on stream, assuming you were even played on stream. But congrats to both you and @Zareidriel!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
MLG's stream wasn't really consistent on my end and I had errands so I never got to see you on stream, assuming you were even played on stream. But congrats to both you and @Zareidriel!
I never got to play on stream anyway (though I might have showed up in the background at one point)

Though I may or may not have something cool I did in my pools/bracket/friendlies saved onto my Wii U. I remember saving something, but I can't remember what it was and I'm too lazy to look at the video.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Added. ;)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So armor and cats are the topic of the day? Ok, I'll bite.

Never played Dark Souls. I'm more of a Monster Hunter junkie, which I think has some sweet duds. Of the many monsters I've faced, 2 types stand out: the Zinogre and Rath line of monsters, both of which have some impressive gear(armor and weapons), at least I think so.

For example:

And have some cats.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

CONGRATULATIONS, DELTA!!! :happysheep:

But seriously though, you truly tipped the scales and made all your fellow tacticians proud of you, my friend. 25th place is very respectable, especially for the size of the tournament. And I'm glad to see you gained some support conversations while you were there as well. :p A true tactician forges strong bonds with his allies and even his rivals. And congrats to @Zareidriel for representing us tacticians. You both performed admirably!

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'll definitely main Robin if I ever go into a tournament someday. I'll need to do some practicing against human players though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom