• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
it was all in jest, I know of the character similarities, it's just fun to play along with Oliver's supposed factual beauty
Here's an Ily picture to make this post less...empty
To be fair, Oliver is one of my favorite characters at the conceptual level, just because of how sharp a contrast he provides to the other characters in the game. It spices up the character pool. It's the same reason I enjoy Henry and his rampant psychopathy.

The adorable Ily picture is a nice bonus.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Who do you think the 7 of them were in charge of beating up? :demon:

Actually though I don't have a Lonk mii. The 8th character was a different mii of mine.
Nooooooooooo........

Nope. I guess it just doesn't bother me that much. It's just one of those memes that will pass eventually. It's better than the "I'm really feeling it!" stuff, imo.
Oh, I can tell you that at the moment,

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!:4shulk:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I ended up killing Oliver in my playthrough of Radaint Dawn. Even though I was aware at the time that he was recruitable, I didn't want him in my army and wanted the experience anyway.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So it seems I missed a bit of drama in the good ol' Robin Social. In regards to the whole Saint Garon thing, it's just a random joke I find kind of funny. I apologize if I've upset anyone by overusing/perpetuating it too much. But if you're REALLY getting upset by it that much, then just take a breath and remember it's just for fun. And isn't that what we're all about? I mean at it's core the whole point of forums is to gather like-minded people together so they can discuss all kinds of subjects they find awesome/interesting. And just because the RST tends to walk a bit more on the goofy side of things doesn't mean we can't have deep and meaningful conversations as well. It's all just a matter of finding the right balance of fun-loving and seriousness.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I agree on the Soren and the Ilyana palette, which soneone drew up a Soren palette for Robin with Robin looking pretty cute
I actually really love the colors on that.:eek: I might main male Robin over female if that were a pallete.
Yes, i'm just saying that i find it wrong to think of the new fans as just silly people than can only talk about memes or other silly stuff when many other serious discussion topics are also held. I mean yes there are a lot of people just talking this whole "waifu" and "husbando" stuff, but i doubt that's the only thing they care for in these games, it's just the surface of the fanbase that shows this. But often a lot of people just categorize them as dumb, or toxic to the community and i feel that's rather unfair. It's the internet, everyone at some point just enjoys doing dumb stuff, let them have their fun.
Not to mention that it also scares away newcomers who might not be that type of person but who's afraid of being mistaken as such and makes people afraid to even touch the series in any form because why bother if you're going to be categorized as ruining it and mocked by the older fans?

And many of the "waifu/husbando" folk are being ironic. Doesn't make it much better, but still.

The St. Garon stuff doesn't bug me much, but I can understand why some would be.

As for Shulk's infamous line, I'm on the fence. I think it can be funny in the right context, but it is annoying how it's totally overshadowed the character.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Question. Does Shulk actually very same 'I'm Really Feeling It!" in Xenobalde Chronicles?
Often in battle, Shulk says 'I'm really feeling it!' when he builds up his Tension gauge, if I recall correctly. And just as I'm typing, I'm :4greninja:'d by NonSpecificHokori. :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, he does. When he starts a chain attack, or, sometimes, randomly during a battle.
Often in battle, Shulk says 'I'm really feeling it!' when he builds up his Tension gauge, if I recall correctly. And just as I'm typing, I'm :4greninja:'d by NonSpecificHokori. :p
Hm, so it's not a stole line like 'Now it's Shulk time!' But then I wonder why @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu think's it's out of character.

Shaymikyu

Hm, so it's not a stole line like 'Now it's Shulk time!' But then I wonder why @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu think's it's out of character.
I didn't say it was out of character- just that it overshadowed everything else about him.

And yes, as others have mentioned, he says it in battle sometimes as well.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Because Shulk is an extremely developed and intelligent character and Smash just dumbs him down to the feeling it man >_> Plus, people who haven't played Xenoblade think that's all he is.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Because Shulk is an extremely developed and intelligent character and Smash just dumbs him down to the feeling it man >_> Plus, people who haven't played Xenoblade think that's all he is.
Reminds me of how a lot of western fans thought "Marth Debuted in Melee." Although I like to hope think that most people are intelligent enough to realize there's more to his character than that. Not only that but for a lot of people (myself included) seeing Shulk in Sm4sh made them interested in his home series. So while I'm sure we're destined for many more "feeling it" posts, the fans that Xenoblade has gained far outweigh the annoyance of one overused memetic phrase.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Reminds me of how a lot of western fans thought "Marth Debuted in Melee." Although I like to hope think that most people are intelligent enough to realize there's more to his character than that.
Meanwhile Captain Falcon is basically famous because of Smash at this point.

Partly because he only got lip service in F-Zero after the first game's instruction manual, partly because F-Zero only got lip service after 2004.

Come on Nintendo.

Shaymikyu

Reminds me of how a lot of western fans thought "Marth Debuted in Melee." Although I like to hope think that most people are intelligent enough to realize there's more to his character than that. Not only that but for a lot of people (myself included) seeing Shulk in Sm4sh made them interested in his home series. So while I'm sure we're destined for many more "feeling it" posts, the fans that Xenoblade has gained far outweigh the annoyance of one overused memetic phrase.
Shulk's trailer actually made me want to check out Xenoblade. When the leak first happened, he was pretty much invisible to me next to the other leaked characters, but his trailer really got me interested in the game. To be honest, I didn't even notice the infamous line there until it was given the meme treatment. I was more interested in what the rabbit-thing was, and what was up with his sword, and who that guy at the end was. I didn't even know the game existed until then.

Partly because he only got lip service in F-Zero after the first game's instruction manual, partly because F-Zero only got lip service after 2004.

Come on Nintendo.
Even Sakurai commented about the lack of F-Zero lately. I feel bad for the fans. Heck, when I was doing something on the Wii U eShop, some F-Zero music was playing over it and I thought there had been some big announcement. Alas.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Come on Nintendo.
Captain Falcon is the mascot of Smash, period. And while I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, I'm REALLY crossing my fingers that Nintendo will give us an F-Zero game for the Wii-U. And I know exactly what the gameplay should be like! By day, Captain Falcon is a racer competing for fame and glory in the Grand Prix! By night, he is the JUSTICE that Falcon Punches crime into oblivion! Holy sh*t I think I just came up with the best video game idea ever! Get Nintendo on the line!
Shulk's trailer actually made me want to check out Xenoblade. When the leak first happened, he was pretty much invisible to me next to the other leaked characters, but his trailer really got me interested in the game. To be honest, I didn't even notice the infamous line there until it was given the meme treatment. I was more interested in what the rabbit-thing was, and what was up with his sword, and who that guy at the end was. I didn't even know the game existed until then.
Same for me. When people started speculating Shulk I was all "who the h*ll's this guy supposed to be? What's a Xenoblade?" Now I am very interested to check out this series for myself!

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Even Sakurai commented about the lack of F-Zero lately. I feel bad for the fans. Heck, when I was doing something on the Wii U eShop, some F-Zero music was playing over it and I thought there had been some big announcement. Alas.
I actually ended up going the other way round. Up until the announcement of Xenoblade 3D I only knew the game as "that series I'll never touch because the disk costs a small fortune." While Shulk's reveal didn't help that per se, Xenoblade 3D made me appreciate Shulk far more afterwards.

And alas, indeed. On the bright side, at least they're aware of the issue, and that track was goddamn amazing.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I agree on the Soren and the Ilyana palette, which soneone drew up a Soren palette for Robin with Robin looking pretty cute
It's only fair he gets a color swap from those games; after all, Ike gets a Chrom swap, and it could emphasize their relationship with one another.

But yes, I really, REALLY want a Soren color swap for Robin, and this looks awesome.

I don't think I can say more to contribute to the current topic, so here's a creepy rad art of Kamui in his half-shifted form:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
It's only fair he gets a color swap from those games; after all, Ike gets a Chrom swap, and it could emphasize their relationship with one another.

But yes, I really, REALLY want a Soren color swap for Robin, and this looks awesome.

I don't think I can say more to contribute to the current topic, so here's a creepy rad art of Kamui in his half-shifted form:
Good lord that's terrifyingly awesome!

In other news I found the companion pic to this one!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
FINISH HIM! Kamui wins... Lethality!

On a more normal topic - what do you think of the characters revealed so far in FE if?

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
You're telling me Shulk is more of a thinking than feeling person? That's disappointing.

Come on Nintendo.
You mean Captain Falcon isn't from Smash Bros?

yup, that reminds me a lot of this

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Even though I'm aware about some of the AT's in F-Zero GX, I never realized just how crazy things can get when going for a record time. (This isn't even the world record)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I ended up killing Oliver in my playthrough of Radaint Dawn. Even though I was aware at the time that he was recruitable, I didn't want him in my army and wanted the experience anyway.
You have killed Beauty itself. What do you have to say in your defence?

:231:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Teary-eyed Marx is adorable.

And overprotective brother Lobster Lord is hilarious.
Meanwhile Hinoka's like "just TRY and S-Support me. I DARE YOU!"
FINISH HIM! Kamui wins... Lethality!

On a more normal topic - what do you think of the characters revealed so far in FE if?
Kamui for Mortal Kombat X DLC.

As for Fire Emblem if's cast, so far I think that every single one is fantastic! All of the character designs so far have been really unique, cool, interesting, and filled with personality. I'm really excited to get to know more about all of them. If I had to choose a favorite so far, it would be Camilla, because who can resist a beautiful, bad*ss, axe-wielding, wyvern-riding, purple-haired warrior goddess, just Saiyan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom