• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So...don't think anybody's expressed this opinion yet, but....

I think the St. Garon's jokes are more annoying than funny and I hope those stop eventually. I know I'm a fun-ruiner.
You have every right to think that and we respect your opinion fellow tactician.
However, what is really an issue is:

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PROPER AVATAR?!!!

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
You have every right to think that and we respect your opinion fellow tactician.
However, what is really an issue is:

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PROPER AVATAR?!!!
You seem very adamant over this.The only answer I have for that is because I like the look of it. I'll consider doing something else with it eventually though.

Hong

The Strongest

I think the St. Garon's jokes are more annoying than funny and I hope those stop eventually. I know I'm a fun-ruiner.
The whole thing with this is there are plenty of people like myself who feel the same way. Call yourself a fun-ruiner if you want, but you're not alone. Life is often this way. It's much worse to be the one to say things in person, since it sucks the air out from around everyone and creates an awkward silence. But the Internet moves in steps, ever changing in its fragments. Someone who reads something and says nothing is no different from someone who has not seen it at all.

In general, I actually feel immensely distanced from the Fire Emblem community leading up to if just because I seem to be interested in drastically different things. Not that I think I am better or that I look down on them.... so much as I feel horribly alienated and out of place. It's not the same as it were. Naturally with the otaku-catering aspects of Awakening, we never had a fan base like this and the kind of obsessing or the usual kind of gags. Feels very atypical of the kind of gags that we get from, well, a usual anime fanbase.

Just kind of sucks that I have few people I can enjoy the moments leading up to release with.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
The whole thing with this is there are plenty of people like myself who feel the same way. Call yourself a fun-ruiner if you want, but you're not alone. Life is often this way. It's much worse to be the one to say things in person, since it sucks the air out from around everyone and creates an awkward silence. But the Internet moves in steps, ever changing in its fragments. Someone who reads something and says nothing is no different from someone who has not seen it at all.

In general, I actually feel immensely distanced from the Fire Emblem community leading up to if just because I seem to be interested in drastically different things. Not that I think I am better or that I look down on them.... so much as I feel horribly alienated and out of place. It's not the same as it were. Naturally with the otaku-catering aspects of Awakening, we never had a fan base like this and the kind of obsessing or the usual kind of gags. Feels very atypical of the kind of gags that we get from, well, a usual anime fanbase.

Just kind of sucks that I have few people I can enjoy the moments leading up to release with.
I can see what you mean. However, I just accept that this is smashboards and there wouldn't be a full, in-depth discussion of gameplay, story, character design, etc. on If. Which is why if I really want to have a serious discussion on If, I'd go to a more dedicated fire emblem website (also isn't there a thread specifically dedicated to Fire Emblem on Smashboards?). Robin boards are fine as is making jokes over official news. The St. Garon joke however, has overstayed its welcome (and is only seen on the Robin boards). Much like feet.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Sometimes I forget that even the worst of Sonic games still come with a good soundtrack at the very least. I've been going through the music collection and I spent a lot of time listening to the Sonic section.

Random little fact I found out a while ago: The vocalist behind "Seven Rings In Hand" also did the intro song "Stray" for the anime Wolf's Rain which is one of my top favorite anime.

I actually liked the game of Secret Rings and the music behind it, so I was happy to discover this.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I agree on the Soren and the Ilyana palette, which soneone drew up a Soren palette for Robin with Robin looking pretty cute
tumblr_ndn5qaLgA31t7ztr6o1_r2_540.png

tumblr_ndn5qaLgA31t7ztr6o2_r3_540.png

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I see you're enjoying the new emoticons as well.

= Ridley Face (no space)

There should seriously be a Firebrand emoticon just because of how much I would like it.

firebrandley2.png

He demands our loyalty in exchange for honor and dignity.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I honestly feel you're kind of overreacting about it.
I don't know for sure but you act as if anime communities were 100% silly all the time and the FE community was always super serious, wich is kind of silly since many FE games have had anime tropes or atmosphere. I understand that it can be somewhat alienating to see so much memes and whatnot spawn from the series as of late, but that's just the price for the series getting more recognition, like with the "feeling it" jokes that spawned from Shulk getting popular ever since he was revealed for Smash. But it's also a good sign that the series has now a healthier amount of recognition, and a bigger fanbase, and honestly if the only drawback is having all kinds of people with different tastes or interests on the fanbase, then i think it's well worth it.
There will always be people here willing to have more serious, gameplay oriented or whatever you want discussions here, so i don't see what's wrong with some people just trying to be more humouristic.
Now of course i'm not acussing you of anything, i just wouldn't want to see you end up like Xeno/Soul blazer, all crusty over the new fanbase :rolleyes:

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I honestly feel you're kind of overreacting about it.
I don't know for sure but you act as if anime communities were 100% silly all the time and the FE community was always super serious, wich is kind of silly since many FE games have had anime tropes or atmosphere.
To say Awakening wasn't a step up towards a lot more common anime tropes would be lying. Awakening is honestly the first Fire Emblem game to have such quantity discussion and talk over husbando/waifus. There's also the fact that certain characters do pander towards otaku (this is not to say anything about the quality of their characters. I do love the characters I'm implying) and previous Fire Emblem games never featured them in such a capacity. There's also the art style change (In no way am I saying this is bad either. It's just Kozaki's art is something you don't struggle to find a similar style of in the anime of today).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
To say Awakening wasn't a step up towards a lot more common anime tropes would be lying. Awakening is honestly the first Fire Emblem game to have such quantity discussion and talk over husbando/waifus. There's also the fact that certain characters do pander towards otaku (this is not to say anything about the quality of their characters. I do love the characters I'm implying) and previous Fire Emblem games never featured them in such a capacity. There's also the art style change (In no way am I saying this is bad either. It's just Kozaki's art is something you don't struggle to find a similar style of in the anime of today).
Yes, i'm just saying that i find it wrong to think of the new fans as just silly people than can only talk about memes or other silly stuff when many other serious discussion topics are also held. I mean yes there are a lot of people just talking this whole "waifu" and "husbando" stuff, but i doubt that's the only thing they care for in these games, it's just the surface of the fanbase that shows this. But often a lot of people just categorize them as dumb, or toxic to the community and i feel that's rather unfair. It's the internet, everyone at some point just enjoys doing dumb stuff, let them have their fun.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm having too much fun making miis

Shy Guy for smash

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Besides @ Weeman Weeman 's points, It's also worth noting that shipping mechanics, and even a fair bit of pandering, are not altogether new to the series. Genealogy of the Holy War would be a solid example of another game where matchmaking was a key mechanical element, and many of the support conversations in at least the games I have played (7 and 13 specifically; 10 was an outlier) have romantic undertones with multiple characters, allowing for some degree of shipping according to player preference, which is in essence all that is being offered in Awakening.

In addition, a large number of Fire Emblem characters throughout the series can be characterized with common anime tropes; such tropes are mixed and matched frequently to create characters in all kinds of popular media, and Fire Emblem games require many characters as it is. It would honestly be unfair to single out Awakening in that regard. Compare Sain and Virion, Oliver and Excellus, Nephenee and Donnel; you can see some similarities. It would admittedly be more difficult for me to pin down analogues to Tharja and Nowi, though perhaps someone well-versed in more than three games could offer suggestions.

At the end of it, the primary factor in the increased interest in husbandos/waifus likely comes down to the expanded fanbase and little more, as Awakening finally tapped into players who can play for story reasons rather than tactical gameplay reasons. In my opinion Casual Mode did more for such things than any part of Awakening's story or characters ever did.

Shy Guy for smash
So very close to the swankiest of Mii outfits, and yet so far.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

It's only annoying when it's brought up where it's not called for. It's still funny. It's just like any gag; it's only funny as long as you don't overdo it.

@Kotor You have been overdoing it a little bit... just a little... just to let you know...

I'm doing pretty awesome overall. Tired, busy, but generally swell.
Strange... I just had a sandwich with this particular brand of peanut butter in it right before getting on... a sign? What could it mean... ?

Yes, i'm just saying that i find it wrong to think of the new fans as just silly people than can only talk about memes or other silly stuff when many other serious discussion topics are also held. I mean yes there are a lot of people just talking this whole "waifu" and "husbando" stuff, but i doubt that's the only thing they care for in these games, it's just the surface of the fanbase that shows this. But often a lot of people just categorize them as dumb, or toxic to the community and i feel that's rather unfair. It's the internet, everyone at some point just enjoys doing dumb stuff, let them have their fun.
Exactly. Wasn't involved in this conversation, but I'm sure now that I don't need to be.

On the topic of waifu,
Am I the only one in the fanbase without a definite waifu?
(or husbando) :happysheep:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, apparently I can't find any Wave 4 amiibos (Robin and Lucina wave) avaliable in any store. And they were release a little less than a month ago!

I'm doing pretty awesome overall. Tired, busy, but generally swell.
I still don't get it.

Oh, sweet, that's nice to hear :).

I'm having too much fun making miis

Shy Guy for smash
Where's Lonk?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's only annoying when it's brought up where it's not called for. It's still funny. It's just like any gag; it's only funny as long as you don't overdo it.

@Kotor You have been overdoing it a little bit... just a little... just to let you know...

Strange... I just had a sandwich with this particular brand of peanut butter in it right before getting on... a sign? What could it mean...

Exactly. Wasn't involved in this conversation, but I'm sure now that I don't need to be.

On the topic of waifu,
Am I the only one in the fanbase without a definite waifu?
(or husbando) :happysheep:
Just go with the best girl, Lissa. Easy, nice get to marry into your best friend's family without being a creeper and marrying his daughter and you get a badass son and daughter
image.jpg

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Just go with the best girl, Lissa. Easy, nice get to marry into your best friend's family without being a creeper and marrying his daughter and you get a badass son and daughter
View attachment 51706
Nein. Lissa is too lazy. I'd never consider marrying her.

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

I don't feel like Kotor has been overdoing it with the St. Garon stuff. That's just me though.
Just a little... nothing major...

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
View attachment 51706
My next run through in Awakening, I am planning on marrying Lissa.

I don't feel like Kotor has been overdoing it with the St. Garon stuff. That's just me though.
And you are only just noticing this now?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Where's Lonk?
Who do you think the 7 of them were in charge of beating up? :demon:

Actually though I don't have a Lonk mii. The 8th character was a different mii of mine.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
My next run through in Awakening, I am planning on marrying Lissa.

And you are only just noticing this now?
Nope. I guess it just doesn't bother me that much. It's just one of those memes that will pass eventually. It's better than the "I'm really feeling it!" stuff, imo.
You dare to compare beauty incarnate with that ugly tactician wannabe of questionable gender?
U-um.....:nervous:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You dare to compare beauty incarnate with that ugly tactician wannabe of questionable gender?
They have some similar personality quirks, most notably their egotism, obsession with their own beauty, and varying degrees of cowardice. The differences come from a combination of the ways in which these traits are exaggerated, the other traits that are combined with these, and most importantly the divergence in the two characters' development.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Robin and Villager specifically deserve 16 palettes because customization is part to their source material. If you gave the fans the game and asked them to do it, they can get it done in less than a day for under 100 MB.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
They have some similar personality quirks, most notably their egotism, obsession with their own beauty, and varying degrees of cowardice. The differences come from a combination of the ways in which these traits are exaggerated, the other traits that are combined with these, and most importantly the divergence in the two characters' development.
it was all in jest, I know of the character similarities, it's just fun to play along with Oliver's supposed factual beauty
Here's an Ily picture to make this post less...empty

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I don't get it

You've never heard that one before? Well.... don't know what to say there...

If I were to marry anyone, it'd be someone who shares my world perspective; someone who prioritizes duty and honor and is willing to give anything they have for the cause. I suppose the ones who best fit that bill are characters like Cordelia, Say'ri, or our very own Lucina :4lucina:. I'm not too big on the :4robinm: x :4lucina: ship, but I do like blue haired Morgan, which is usually why I go with it. And Cordelia... I would never try to sever her from her destined pairing... And Say'ri is just too...
Asian...

In the end, if it weren't for Morgan, I probably wouldn't marry at all. :p

Please excuse my generally too-literal reasoning behind this. That's just the way I play duh gaym.

Last edited:
Top Bottom