• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Found something interesting if you're willing to burn a few minutes off. An old Extra Credits video discussing game difficulty, and Awakening is brought up(and criticized).

I only skipped it to the set-up to the relevant part, but if you've played Dark Souls(or want the full gist), the rest of the skipped footage is worth watching.

And I'll leave one of their (somewhat)recent videos here discussing romance in games, since Awakening is briefly alluded to (but not given much depth in the context of the video).

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Discussing alts, are we? You know what I think? I think the best alts are the ones that canonically exist within a given character's universe. :4robinm::4robinf:

That would be the defaults. :psycho:
I admit, I was taken aback when I saw white-mage Robin, but you just can't beat the OGs.
Actually, as it turns out, there is a Robin alt that beats the original.
Pink...;)

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I don't know how I didn't realize it sooner seeing as it's one of my favorite tracks to use when grinding in Awakening, but I just realized that they cut parts out of Duty (Ablaze) for Smash 4.

I didn't even notice it until today as I was listening to the original version from Awakening and then later listened to the Smash 4 version. Granted they only cut out a few parts and you probably wouldn't have noticed it, but I just looked into it and the full song was still under 3 minutes. Must have had to cut it in order to let some other songs in.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Best Robin color is obviously:

And green on male Robin. If female Robin got green, it'd be the best one ever, though. I love almost all of Robin's colors, though.

And for my other mains:
:4lucas:: So far, Boney. Claus is cool like in Brawl too.
:4ness:: Checkers is the best, Belch and Mr. Saturn are cool too though.
:4shulk:: BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE! AGAINST THE ODDS! WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT! BLOSSOM DANCE! I also like Riki, SPOILER REDACTED, and Sharla.
Best Robin colours are indeed:

followed closely by:

As for my other mains:

:4lucina:: Tharja and Cherche FTW!

:4shulk:: Dunban and swimming trunks.

:4mewtwo:: Inverted Mewtwo

Also, @ Célja Célja , I've added you to my 3DS friends list and @ Hong Hong , I've added you to both my Wii U and 3DS friend lists. :colorful:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I know that the default is technically purple but I wish there was a palette that looks more, well, purple.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
This is fudging hilarious! Holy crap! :laugh:

Lucina uncensored, everybody!

:4lucina:"I'm so sorry."

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Not sure if anyone here had expressed interest in wanting the Captain's amiibo, but Amazon has imports for a decent price should anyone here still looking for him.

This is fudging hilarious! Holy crap! :laugh:

:4lucina:"I'm so sorry."
:rotfl: Ahhh, this makes me want to replay Saints Row hahahaha
Also the best Robin colors debate resumes again, it seems. For :4robinm:, it'd be his white mage colors, and for :4robinf:, pinky is the best.

As for my other favorites:
:4myfriends:: Black Knight colors ftw
:4lucina:: Cordelia colors, though Tiki comes in close second
:4darkpit:: Red Wings
:4ness:: The black/purple with Mr. Saturn shirt
:4shulk:: Dunban

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Art depictions that make :4robinf: out to be a scatterbrained highschool anime bimbo make me sad.

Sometimes silly depictions of characters are just fine, though I can't help but notice it happens to female Robin a lot more than her male counterpart and in a way that's not fun. Unlike many of the cute fan works of Ike out there.

Also vanilla Robin for life. I like to imagine some great evil couldn't defeat Robin so they split her existence into multiple beings before they died, and now Robin has to best them all in combat to slowly regain her power.

:4robinf:

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Found something interesting if you're willing to burn a few minutes off. An old Extra Credits video discussing game difficulty, and Awakening is brought up(and criticized).

I only skipped it to the set-up to the relevant part, but if you've played Dark Souls(or want the full gist), the rest of the skipped footage is worth watching.

And I'll leave one of their (somewhat)recent videos here discussing romance in games, since Awakening is briefly alluded to (but not given much depth in the context of the video).

I love how the first video of the two also is one heck of a good explanation why Casual mode was a good design decision without bringing it up at all. :D

I still prefer the rarely used Default Male.
I think despite what you'd think from reading this topic, male Robin is actually quite popular. His fans just don't feel the need to keep reminding people which one they prefer every two posts. :sheep:

I know that the default is technically purple but I wish there was a palette that looks more, well, purple.
?
The only thing purple about default Robin are the Grimleal markings on the sleeves and the inside of the coat.
The robe often gets drawn in a purple shade in fanart and stuff, but I never quite got that tendency. I think it has to do with the fact that black would look too much like shadow or outlines?

So yeah, wishing for an actual purple colour isn't odd at all.
Just like I'll keep wishing for a blonde male alt...

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
The only thing purple about default Robin are the Grimleal markings on the sleeves and the inside of the coat.

So yeah, wishing for an actual purple colour isn't odd at all.
Just like I'll keep wishing for a blonde male alt...
That's what I'm getting at. Need moar purple.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've been using male Robin more frequently when playing as the character.

I'm just wishing that his blue alt were a darker shade of blue to be in line with

<---------------------------

that.

Still use default anyway.:cheep:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I don't know how I didn't realize it sooner seeing as it's one of my favorite tracks to use when grinding in Awakening, but I just realized that they cut parts out of Duty (Ablaze) for Smash 4.

I didn't even notice it until today as I was listening to the original version from Awakening and then later listened to the Smash 4 version. Granted they only cut out a few parts and you probably wouldn't have noticed it, but I just looked into it and the full song was still under 3 minutes. Must have had to cut it in order to let some other songs in.
A lot of the tracks taken directly from other games are abridged. Id~Purpose, obviously, for instance. I swear Gaur Plains is abridged too, but I'd have to listen to them side-by-side again to judge that.
Best Robin colours are indeed:

followed closely by:

As for my other mains:

:4lucina:: Tharja and Cherche FTW!

:4shulk:: Dunban and swimming trunks.

:4mewtwo:: Inverted Mewtwo

Also, @ Célja Célja , I've added you to my 3DS friends list and @ Hong Hong , I've added you to both my Wii U and 3DS friend lists. :colorful:
I love that picture set so much.:happysheep:
Art depictions that make :4robinf: out to be a scatterbrained highschool anime bimbo make me sad.

Sometimes silly depictions of characters are just fine, though I can't help but notice it happens to female Robin a lot more than her male counterpart and in a way that's not fun. Unlike many of the cute fan works of Ike out there.

Also vanilla Robin for life. I like to imagine some great evil couldn't defeat Robin so they split her existence into multiple beings before they died, and now Robin has to best them all in combat to slowly regain her power.

:4robinf:
I feel like female characters fall victim to this way often than males in general, unfortunately.

That's not to say that horribly OOC shoehorning of male characters into specific archetypes isn't painfully common either, though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This gets posted so much, and yet never enough. I love it every time.

On those very rare occasions I am insane enough to run a Robin, I aim for default or White Mage. Other than that:

:4pikachu:: Goggles.
:4littlemac:: USA/Apollo Creed.
:4greninja:: Default.
:4falcon:: Manly Pink.
:4dk:: Mossy Dong.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
On the topics of favorite alts, I guess mine would be the following:

:4robinm:White/red(male), pink(female)

:4link: Fierce Deity

:4zelda: Black/gray

:4lucina: Cordelia red

:4mewtwo: Shadow

:4shulk: Swimsuit Default

:4greninja: Pink

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My alts
:4robinm:Default or Green
:4robinf:Yellow
:4falcon:Lighter blue/anime Falcon
:4myfriends:Default or Greil
:4charizard:Yellow
:4pikachu:Emerald or Gold
:4lucina:Cordelia. Will occasionally go Lissa, Tiki, or Default
:4villager:Blue tye dye shirt
:4greninja:Green, starting to like the Silver one.
:4littlemac:Major Circuit outfit

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
:4mario: America
:4robinf: Default or Pink
:4robinm: Default or White
:4falcon: Golden Falcon, Blood Falcon, Manly Pink
:4drmario: Black
:4duckhunt: Dalmatian
:4kirby: Greyscale or Meta Knight

Also, is Sacred Stones available on VC in North America? I'm currently playing Fire Emblem GBA (Rekka no Ken) and I'm almost done with Lyn's story.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also, is Sacred Stones available on VC in North America? I'm currently playing Fire Emblem GBA (Rekka no Ken) and I'm almost done with Lyn's story.
Not to my knowledge. Rekka no Ken was the only one last I checked.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
alas you have but one guess at what my favorite villager alt is

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So...don't think anybody's expressed this opinion yet, but....

I think the St. Garon's jokes are more annoying than funny and I hope those stop eventually. I know I'm a fun-ruiner.

Top Bottom