• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Not yet, but I hope they make one of either both genders, one with a sword and one with a tome, or Robin and Morgan.
That makes one of us. :b

Gosh. Sometimes I wonder why people even participate when they have not at least glanced over a wiki page of the character. I would feel embarrassed to make some of the statements people make, myself.
Some of those posts make for a good read. I laugh at the rest because they're coming from people who don't know any better.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
There is no middle ground?! *flails*
That actually seems to be the case so far. I'm not entirely sure why, though.

By the way, you added yet another page to this continuously expanding thread. Congratulations.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It's a real interesting dichotomy, from what I can tell. Most of the people who aren't into Fire Emblem either don't care, assume Chrom is a lock and we won't get any more reps through any other means, or assume Robin is just a self insert (not that being an actual self-insert hurt the Villager). Meanwhile, a ton of the FE fans are--heh heh--rallying around Robin, and it's almost always because they want a wider variety of characters. It's a small sample size, but if it represents the Fire Emblem fanbase to any extent, it could also help our chances if the developers are focused on appealing to fans of each of Nintendo's franchises and bringing in unique and interesting characters...and we've seen them do the latter repeatedly so far.

(Now we're 60 70 ahead. o_O Seems like being featured on Rate Their Chances is turning out to be the metaphorical mid-season trade I joked about the other day. And it's still over a month before the trade deadline. >_>)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Most of the people who aren't into Fire Emblem either don't care, assume Chrom is a lock and we won't get any more reps through any other means, or assume Robin is just a self insert (not that being an actual self-insert hurt the Villager).
Yeah, the whole "avatar" thing seems to get to some people. I've noticed a few people who don't want Robin because that would be too many "avatar" characters (I don't entirely get that, I mean, it's not like the too many swordsmen situation), or because they didn't think Robin was a good avatar, because he/she already had a preset personality. Kind of interesting how such a thing can make people dislike a character in a variety of different ways.

Hong

The Strongest
The whole Gematsu thing is still pretty funny.

Hey guys! They had planned for Chrom at some point during Smash 4's development!

I am so glad that this was leaked. I would have never guessed.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The whole Gematsu thing is still pretty funny.

Hey guys! They had planned for Chrom at some point during Smash 4's development!

I am so glad that this was leaked. I would have never guessed.
I haven't really thought about it before, but I suppose I would be genuinely surprised if Chrom was not considered for Smash at some point in development. Even if Robin were to be the one to get into the final product, I think it's practically impossible for Chrom to have never been put into serious consideration for Smash, at least early on.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
1. Stumpy feet or Actual feet?
2. Final Smash: What's your choice? Grima? Team Up/Invisible Ties? Rally Spectrum? S Ranking?!
3. What single song from Awakening if there was only one?
4. Hooded OR Female OR Male?
5. Robin is in, but NOT as a Tactician or Grandmaster. What class?
1. Actual feet.
2. Grima
3. TIKI'S THEME!
4. Female with all as alt. If we can't have the hood with her as default, though, definitely hooded.

Hong

The Strongest
I know right and who'd a thought x and y pokemon would be in!
Whoa. Palutena, too!?

Gosh. It's not like

we have had Kid Icarus crammed down our throats since the first trailer

and the creator is playing Kid Icarus: Uprising obsessively,

a game he jumped on the first opportunity to make himself after giving the lead character the biggest makeover a character in Smash Bros has ever seen.

Who would have thought.

◔ᴗ◔

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Whoa. Palutena, too!?

Gosh. It's not like

we have had Kid Icarus crammed down our throats since the first trailer

and the creator is playing Kid Icarus: Uprising obsessively,

a game he jumped on the first opportunity to make himself after giving the lead character the biggest makeover a character in Smash Bros has ever seen.

Who would have thought.

◔ᴗ◔
Jeez if it weren't for its safe bets like chorus kids, id have trouble even believing this leak!!

Hong

The Strongest
ALERT!!! ALERT!!! MORBID ALTRUISM SPOTTED!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! I REPEAT!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILLL!!!
Ah, you remind me of myself back when I first joined SmashBoards. I am happy to have you as an apprentice.

Except I was a teenager back then and you're a grown man.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I AM A TEENAGER!!!!

i just lied about my age so i could join...
Well, that would explain a bit.

Anyway, do we have anything Robin related to talk about? There's only so much thread derailing I can take.

Hong

The Strongest
I AM A TEENAGER!!!!

i just lied about my age so i could join...
You don't say.
Well, that would explain a bit.

Anyway, do we have anything Robin related to talk about? There's only so much thread derailing I can take.
Is it really so bad?

Edit - Does anyone else think that we'll either get Robin as a playable character, or she won't appear at all? No trophy, no assist trophy, nothing.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Does anyone else think that we'll either get Robin as a playable character, or she won't appear at all? No trophy, no assist trophy, nothing.
I dunno. Maybe they might've been tempted?

If Robin doesn't show up on the main roster and doesn't otherwise appear, it does increase the odds of getting a DLC spot.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Meanwhile, a ton of the FE fans are--heh heh--rallying around Robin, and it's almost always because they want a wider variety of characters.
I'm a Fire Emblem fan, and I find Robin to be very meh.

Better then Chrom and Lucina, but I'm not keen about the bad handling of Robin in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Also Palutena basically kind of tainted my views of Robin, because I know he would of ended up as a guinea pig for the customization and suffer from the design choice.

Also it doesn't help that if I wanted a mage like character from Fire Emblem, I'd rather go for something like Soren instead. Alternatively, with the concept of using magic and swords, I'd rather go with Isaac.

Morbi

Scavenger
The reason why I do not believe that Robin would be included as an assist trophy: Which gender would they utilize? It would be so arbitrary and it would not represent her character very well. So that is one of the predominant reasons that I am holding out for playable Robin or DLC Robin. Other characters like Tharja are more ideal for an assist trophy (IMO).

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, something Robin related... huh... um... well. I did post on the RTC thread, but I guess that doesn't count? :D

Might as well put out the info gathered so far on my little either/or game I presumed a few pages ago.
1. Stumpy feet or Actual feet? Nobody likes the Stumpy feet for real so far. 6 votes for actual feet.

2. Final Smash: What's your choice? Grima? Team Up/Invisible Ties? Rally Spectrum? S Ranking?! Grima seems to be the clear favorite at this point! 4 Grima, 1 Invisible Ties, 1 Rally Spectrum.

3. What single song from Awakening if there was only one? Id purpose got the majority of 4 votes, one vote for Id Serenity and one for You Have Power... Like Mine. How could I have forgotten the latter in the post where I mentioned my favorites?! :(

4. Hooded OR Female OR Male? Surprisingly to me... completely even across the board! 2 for every option!

5. Robin is in, but NOT as a Tactician or Grandmaster. What class? We have 3 Sages,1 Dark Flyer, 1 Dread Fighter or Dark Knight and 1 Sorceror.

Alternatively, with the concept of using magic and swords, I'd rather go with Isaac.
But Isaac can have so many different enviromental psynergies that I feel that we could have both him and Robin and they'd still be VERY different. Just like I feel that a sword alone doesn't make a character boring in a game where some characters already have one.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, something Robin related... huh... um... well. I did post on the RTC thread, but I guess that doesn't count? :D

Might as well put out the info gathered so far on my little either/or game I presumed a few pages ago.
1. Stumpy feet or Actual feet? Nobody likes the Stumpy feet for real so far. 6 votes for actual feet.

2. Final Smash: What's your choice? Grima? Team Up/Invisible Ties? Rally Spectrum? S Ranking?! Grima seems to be the clear favorite at this point! 4 Grima, 1 Invisible Ties, 1 Rally Spectrum.

3. What single song from Awakening if there was only one? Id purpose got the majority of 4 votes, one vote for Id Setenity and one for You Have Power... Like Mine. How could I have forgotten the latter in the post where I mentioned my favorites?! :(

4. Hooded OR Female OR Male? Surprisingly to me... completely even across the board! 2 for every option!

5. Robin is in, but NOT as a Tactician or Grandmaster. What class? We have 3 Sages,1 Dark Flyer, 1 Dread Fighter or Dark Knight and 1 Sorceror.

But Isaac can have so many different enviromental psynergies that I feel that we could have both him and Robin and they'd still be VERY different. Just like I feel that a sword alone doesn't make a character boring in a game where some characters already have one.
Actually, you bring up a good point; they could always just use hooded Robin for the assist trophy. :sadeyes::crying:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ironically enough, despite claims of redundancy, isaac and Robin on the same roster would be far more different from each other than Marth/Ike/Chrom.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The reason why I do not believe that Robin would be included as an assist trophy: Which gender would they utilize? It would be so arbitrary and it would not represent her character very well. So that is one of the predominant reasons that I am holding out for playable Robin or DLC Robin. Other characters like Tharja are more ideal for an assist trophy (IMO).
Tharja probably will be the new fire emblem assist trophy.

Top Bottom